Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 05:46:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 [2169] 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
rygamble

Activity: 160
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:26:05 PM

Sooo... does the amount you have staking affect the percentage of anon transactions you process? How does it work?
That I don't know. Things will be much more clear in a couple days (beta testing is about to start).

All I can say is this. True anon is generally considered to be impossible or very complicated to achieve. Logically, this means work, and a lot of it, before an anon system has real value. The core Dark team is several people strong, with a dozen more helping with testing and other work. They have been working hard for months. This means the system being built is robust, and will continue to become more so. I do not believe there is a quick solution to anonymising transactions.
They've been hard at work for weeks on this system with 4 full time members and 2 part time. Definitely not a quick solution haha
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:26:11 PM

georgem is back with another morale booster...

Just keep on keeping on, and success will follow!

duckmuy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:30:59 PM

Sooo... does the amount you have staking affect the percentage of anon transactions you process? How does it work?
That I don't know. Things will be much more clear in a couple days (beta testing is about to start).

All I can say is this. True anon is generally considered to be impossible or very complicated to achieve. Logically, this means work, and a lot of it, before an anon system has real value. The core Dark team is several people strong, with a dozen more helping with testing and other work. They have been working hard for months. This means the system being built is robust, and will continue to become more so. I do not believe there is a quick solution to anonymising transactions.

Precisely this, the goal is to get as close to 99.9999% anonymous as possible. People coming in here and expecting 100% anonymity are not thinking rationally.

Oh, I stepped out of character for a second there, apologies.

You stupid fucking cunts expecting total anonymity are obviously fucking deluded and have no understanding of mathematics which is not surprising considering the vast majority of people in existence are fucking idiots who would rather watch trash TV than learn something. How's that for a run-on sentence?
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:31:42 PM

They've been hard at work for weeks on this system with 4 full time members and 2 part time. Definitely not a quick solution haha

But you can't tell us how PoSa works?
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:31:55 PM

haha Smiley great georgem. It took some time till my eyes reached the bottom text ...Grin
Grin Thanks. As always donations are welcomed.

salmion

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:32:35 PM

https://darkcointalk.org/threads/development-updates-july-7th.1735/

Darksend+

Bump
rygamble

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:33:19 PM
Last edit: July 09, 2014, 05:44:37 PM by rygamble

I can't answer that specific question because PoSA hasn't been released to the public yet. Feel free to browse the white paper though.
chaeplin

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:43:03 PM

Guide updated with new download link.
Part 2/3 has splitted to 2/3 and 2/3 -2.

* Use this guide only for EC2 instance with Security-Group
* Using this guide on non-EC2 instances is very dangerous ( Especially iptables )

* This guide is valid for RC3(local/remote setup)
* local is home linux cold wallet holding 1K DRK
* remote is server with empty wallet

I. Part 1/3 EC2 Setup
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-set-up-ec2-t1-micro-ubuntu-for-masternode-part-1-3.240/

II. Part 2/3 AMI Setup
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-set-up-ec2-t1-micro-ubuntu-for-masternode-part-2-3.241/
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-set-up-ec2-t1-micro-ubuntu-for-masternode-part-2-3-2.1754/

III. Part 3/3 Masternode update
https://darkcointalk.org/threads/how-to-set-up-ec2-t1-micro-ubuntu-for-masternode-part-3-3.262/

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:43:07 PM

send a little Smiley
Thanks +1000. Next gif will be dedicated to you.  Wink

salmion

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:50:14 PM

I answer that specific question because PoSA hasn't been released to the public yet. Feel free to browse the white paper though.

Sorry I'm picking on you. We had cloak trolls on here earlier today.. whereas you are having a conversation.

I've read both whitepapers but didn't find anything concrete on the how. Which is something the Dark Devs do explain. A little bit of transparency goes a long way in trusting an anon solution.
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:54:11 PM

cloak does sound good, but its not in line with DRK. i think it may rise more, but i fear it could be just rising just because it has a fancy wallet. pink coin is a another coin that doesn't use a mixer to make anon transfers but is progressing slowly (200k cap), to be widely, used. i think no other anon coin may come to out run drk, solid team, but doesn't mean you can't make money of the second best anon coin.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:56:15 PM

I can't answer that specific question because PoSA hasn't been released to the public yet. Feel free to browse the white paper though.

From the whitepaper:
"As part of the stake mining process, the elected node will process the special transaction package from
its memory pool. The anonymization system is a two-pass process flow. If the elected node is
processing Phase 1, it will solve the block and the output will be assigned to an internal address at the
node. The node will earn a fee for this service, and then redeem the input by recursing back to the
election process, to elect a node for Phase 2. The node then constructs an anonymizing transaction
package and broadcasts it to the elected Phase 2 node.
Again in the Phase 2 pass the originator and recipient are not recorded, instead the transaction occurs
between the Phase 1 and Phase 2 nodes."

This is my interpretation:
"As part of the stake mining process, the elected node will process all the transactions that have been sent to it, which are stored in memory (duh). The system uses two passes through two separate nodes. If the elected node is processing Phase 1, it will solve the block and something will be given to the node."

Here I get extremely confused. What is being returned to the node? Since coins are not being destroyed, it appears that it is just staking rewards. This is what it appears to say next:
"This money that is given to the node, on an address in only its control, is more or less the user's funds. The node is then given a reward for it's service (from somewhere). The user's funds are then sent to another node which does the process again."

Sounds trusted to me.

edit:
"If the elected node is a Phase 2 node, it will solve a block containing the phase 2 transaction, redeem the
input
and generate an output to the destination recipient address."

If it is redeeming the inputs itself, it is DEFINITELY trusted.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
rygamble

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:56:19 PM

I answer that specific question because PoSA hasn't been released to the public yet. Feel free to browse the white paper though.

Sorry I'm picking on you. We had cloak trolls on here earlier today.. whereas you are having a conversation.

I've read both whitepapers but didn't find anything concrete on the how. Which is something the Dark Devs do explain. A little bit of transparency goes a long way in trusting an anon solution.
Agreed. I'm definitely looking forward to the details that should come to light with the beta testing.
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 05:56:47 PM

finding nemo part 2

Code:
01.nicehash3336.sh
02.nicehash4336.sh
03.x11multipoolco3333.sh
04.x11gzltc1btccom8888.sh
05.x11bjltc1btccom8888.sh
06.pandapoolinfo4128.sh
07.poolipominercom3335.sh
08.poolipominercom3601.sh
09.ushashevolvedcom5550.sh
10.us-eastmultipoolus11111.sh
11.us-westmultipoolus11111.sh
12.eumultipoolus11111.sh
13.useastblackcoinpoolcom3333.sh
14.x11greenpooltk3333.sh
15.euhamsterpoolcom7773.sh
16.stratumcryptotrainnet3332.sh
17.stratumushashrateorg4444.sh
18.eu1dutchpooleu5555.sh
19.drkminepit3333.sh
20.suchpool.sh
21.wafflepool.sh
22.coinminepl.sh
23.miningpoolhub.sh
24.coinotron.sh
25.ltcrabbit.sh
26.coinkingiomulti.sh
27.coinkingiodrk.sh
conf
findingnemo.py
log

cat 01.nicehash3336.sh
#!/bin/sh
/opt/shm/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes -t 2 -a X11  -D -P \
-o stratum+tcp://stratum.nicehash.com:3336 -u ~~~~~ -p x \
2>&1 | ./findingnemo.py 01.nicehash3336

I am trying to find pool_unknown_79.
http://drk.poolhash.org/masternode.html?srch&nmstr=pool_unknown_79

Does anyone have a pool name to check except the listed pools(01 - 27) ?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2014, 05:59:39 PM

guys can anyone confirm that drk does not use a mixer to create anon transactions. if so, then drk is the best anon out there
How about you read the thread?

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
rygamble

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:00:03 PM

From the whitepaper:
"As part of the stake mining process, the elected node will process the special transaction package from
its memory pool. The anonymization system is a two-pass process flow. If the elected node is
processing Phase 1, it will solve the block and the output will be assigned to an internal address at the
node. The node will earn a fee for this service, and then redeem the input by recursing back to the
election process, to elect a node for Phase 2. The node then constructs an anonymizing transaction
Again in the Phase 2 pass the originator and recipient are not recorded, instead the transaction occurs

"As part of the stake mining process, the elected node will process all the transactions that have been sent to it, which are stored in memory (duh). The system uses two passes through two separate nodes. If the elected node is processing Phase 1, it will solve the block and something will be given to the node."

Here I get extremely confused. What is being returned to the node? Since coins are not being destroyed, it appears that it is just staking rewards. This is what it appears to say next:
"This money that is given to the node, on an address in only its control, this is more or less the user's funds. The node is then given a reward for it's service (from somewhere). The user's funds are then sent to another node which does the process again."

Sounds trusted to me.

I mean it's pretty much the same way DarkCoin uses MasterNodes right? Except Cloak uses staking wallets instead?
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:01:27 PM

I agree that it's a perception thing. But people will buy PoS coins if they have a material use, which Cloak clearly will. Also, I'm thinking figuring out how to mine would be tougher for the average person than going to mintpal would be. Most of the DRK holders now are probably not miners.

Well, let's be honest, none of us know any coin will have a long-term material use. We think they will based on either the community. I don't agree that figuring out how to use (and trust) mintpal is the same as learning how to mine. There's too many articles out there teaching people about bitcoin mining and it's a much more intuitive leap to learn how to mine other coins.

I actually am still mining DRK, because why not? Let's say i have a rig that mines 1 DRK a day. Sure it's not profitable at the moment, but it might pay off someday. It also could just be pissing money away.

I think we'll agree to disagree that POS coins are intuitive to newcomers, whereas a mineable coin holds a different "public" (not crypto-junkies) perception. POS coins for me will always just be for traders.

T.Stuart

Activity: 644

One Token to Move Anything Anywhere

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:01:56 PM

I mean it's pretty much the same way DarkCoin uses MasterNodes right? Except Cloak uses staking wallets instead?

Er... ahem  Roll Eyes...

Sounds quite different, even to me, a layman

███████████████▄▄▄                     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄                     ▄█████▀
████████████████████▄                ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄                 ▄█████▀
              ▀▀█████▄             ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄             ▄█████▀
                 █████▌          ▄█████▀ ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄         ▄█████▀
                 ▐█████        ▄█████▀     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▄█████▀
                 █████▌      ▄█████▀         ▀█████▄     ▀█████▄ ▄█████▀
              ▄▄█████▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████████▀
████████████████████▀    ▄█████▀     ▄█████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█████▀
███████████████▀▀▀     ▄█████▀     ▄█████████▄     ▀█████▄     ▀█▀
                                    ▀███████▀
                                      ▀███▀
                                        ▀
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
.◆ ◆ ◆ ONE TOKEN TO MOVE ANYTHING ANYWHERE ◆ ◆ ◆.
▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:03:52 PM

From the whitepaper:

"This money that is given to the node, on an address in only its control, this is more or less the user's funds. The node is then given a reward for it's service (from somewhere). The user's funds are then sent to another node which does the process again."

Sounds trusted to me.

Not at all. Check my edit as well.

DRK sends information back to your computer when it's done combining the transactions, and you sign the giant transaction it makes with your private key. This is what makes it trustless. The masternode never has control of your coins.

It appears to be different in more ways than that, but since I can't fully grasp CLOAK I'm not going to bother typing it out.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
rygamble

View Profile
July 09, 2014, 06:05:24 PM

From the whitepaper:

Sounds trusted to me.

Not at all. Check my edit as well.

DRK sends information back to your computer when it's done combining the transactions, and you sign the giant transaction it makes with your private key.

It appears to be different in more ways than that, but since I can't fully grasp CLOAK I'm not going to bother typing it out.
Hmm ok I just thought it went from one MasterNode to another and then out. Looks like I have some reading to do. Thanks for the discussion guys!
Pages: « 1 ... 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 [2169] 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: