Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 03:34:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:02:34 PM

That green screen kept waving in the background LMAO. Horrible setup.

My camera does that too sometimes... it's something in the digital steadyshot algorithm that does that with the background...

lol, and you think it's the green screen waving, and everything is a conspiracy, hm?...  Cheesy

Sorry, but I don't think so.

CryptoPleb

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:05:47 PM

Sorry people who thought they could buy back in below 0.01

georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:06:24 PM

He talks about the 51% dilemma for bitcoin...

Andreas Antonopoulos has very well explained in this 3 minute video why a 51% attack is not really a problem anymore with bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWTQgmCuiCw

It's a problem with small altcoins, but not with bitcoin anymore.

thenorb

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

TheNorb.com

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:09:37 PM

Anyone looking for a good pool that is paying masternode payments, and want a chance at the weekly giveaway come on over and start mining with us we need some extra hashpower.

AUTOMATIC PAYMENTS
STRATUM SERVER
24/7 MONITORING
DDOS PROTECTION
Current Coins: NUTCOIN - DARKCOIN
PPLNS PAYOUT SYSTEM

Pool Fee: 1%
Giveaway Fee: 0.5%

Minimum payout for Darkcoin: 0.5 DRK
Minimum payout for Nutcoin: 70 NUT

WEEKLY RANDOM GIVEAWAY TO ACTIVE MINERS ON THE POOL FROM THE GIVEAWAY FEE!!

NEXT GIVEAWAY IS IN 5 DAYS JOIN NOW FOR YOUR CHANCE TO WIN!!!

Payments are made directly to the miner, blocks are checked and payments are processed every 20 seconds. Once you signup on TheNorb.com you will have access to mine any coins on our site and you mine directly from your wallet address.

Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:15:40 PM

He talks about the 51% dilemma for bitcoin...

Andreas Antonopoulos has very well explained in this 3 minute video why a 51% attack is not really a problem anymore with bitcoin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yWTQgmCuiCw

It's a problem with small altcoins, but not with bitcoin anymore.

So the Ghash thing did not happen ? last month there was a 12hr window where they had 51% of the mining power .. or am I mistaken  Huh

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:16:59 PM

Earn your own DRK coins by mining at the multipool. Not only that, you can earn DRK using your old ASIC hardware on SHA256 and SCRYPT coins!

DarkCoin by xpool - DRK Multipool

PROP reward system
DRK Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
0% Fees while in BETA
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift. Currently there is no set interval as there needs to be enough found and confirmed blocks to make trading worthwhile on the exchanges. We don't want to finish a shift only to find out, the exchanges are going to eat up the payout in fees or limit the withdraw with a large minimum. The confirmed coins are traded throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits from exchanging them into DRK. Once enough confirmed blocked are accumulated, the shift is moved into "Trading" status while all the exchanged coins are calculated into DRK and then queued for payment. Once all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the DRK payments are sent.

As the pool picks up more hashing speed and sufficient DRK can be picked up from the exchanges, the shifts will be set to a schedule and payouts more frequent and less worry about the exchanges. This is a growing phase so the more hash support the better.
If a DRK block is found, there's no exchanging or loss of fees as it can simply be moved into the X11 payout queue.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired DarkCoin.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

Donations welcome!
!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:17:54 PM

Great News !
finally some development news !

What where?
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:18:16 PM

First, congrats eltito! Also, thank you for the great PR job. I'm very encouraged to have an official voice posting here. It's also good to know that Evan and the others now have more time to code since they have you to take the community relations load off their shoulders.

I have a few comments, most of them simply reiterate what tantestefana, el presidente, and AlexGR have been saying all along, but here goes:

When the price of an asset changes, I start doing research to find out why. Have any of the fundamentals changed? If not, then there is no reason to reevaluate my investment. Despite the recent dumps, DRK has the some fundamentals and same potential as it has had for the last month that I've been following it.

a) First mover advantage in the anonymity field. How many innovations have there been in crypto since 2009? And yet BTC is still the granddaddy of everything. First mover/network effect is a really, really big deal. Even if other coins develop superior technology, DRK is likely to have a significant lead simply for this one reason only.

b) A functional anonymity solution with secret, yet apparently amazing, new privacy features coming in RC4. Guys, let's face it, nobody is likely to outwit the NSA/FBI when it comes to anonymous solutions. Barring some outrageous development, government organizations with many billions in funding will likely still be able to connect the dots. The point isn't to hide transactions from the government per se, it's to obfuscate them well enough so that other people can't see your "checkbook."

c) Competing anonymity solutions don't have any compelling advantages. There are a few interesting things, granted, like using I2P and stealth addresses, but most of them have fatal flaws, or at least significant weaknesses.

d) Darkcoin has developed the first real proof of service model with its masternode system. This can be used to backstop "thin" clients, to partially solve the problem of blockchain storage, and likely to add additional features which people haven't even considered yet.

e) Darkcoin has developed the spork system of introducing protocol changes, which when perfected could be a very powerful innovation.

f) Darkcoin has an incredibly talented dev team that I have great confidence in.

g) Masternodes are getting paid. It may not be by 100% of pools as we would like, but at least it's happening. People act as if they'd rather not be getting paid at all! Myself, I'd rather get paid half the time than not get paid at all. But YMMV. In a few weeks, with RC4, it will be a non-issue.

h) Media attention. Anonymity is the next big thing in crypto, and this will be getting a lot of media attention I believe. I also think that with LTC's inevitable decline and DRK's future growth, once we cross that line and become the #2 crypto, media attention is going to EXPLODE. Remember, John Q. Public is slow to figure things out, and even media sometimes misses the early developments. Guarantee when some people start looking at market cap charts and see DRK cross the #2 line, that's going to bring a lot of attention...

The bottom line, for me, is that the fundamentals are unchanged, and so my original investment decision is also unchanged. Again, YMMV.

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:36:26 PM

So the Ghash thing did not happen ? last month there was a 12hr window where they had 51% of the mining power .. or am I mistaken  Huh

The way I understand it, is , if GHash tried to do something fishy, as a counteraction the bitcoin code could have been updated so that their FALSE blockchain would have been rejected by everybody.

I don't understand the details though. Good thing is that many miners started to leave ghash.io and join smaller pools, so all this never became necessary.

ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:39:24 PM

So the Ghash thing did not happen ? last month there was a 12hr window where they had 51% of the mining power .. or am I mistaken  Huh

The way I understand it, is , if GHash tried to do something fishy, as a counteraction the bitcoin code could have been updated so that their FALSE blockchain would have been rejected by everybody.

I don't understand the details though. Good thing is that many miners started to leave ghash.io and join smaller pools, so all this never became necessary.

I think the idea is that if Ghash had actually tried to launch an attack, the devs would have pushed through a protocol change to ban them, forking the network and causing their now-orphaned chain to be worthless. They might get a few double-spends in, but that would be all. Assuming, of course, the everybody updated quickly, which they likely would since the "ban" of 51% of mining power would cause a massive difficulty drop and consequently greater mining rewards to those who began mining on the "correct" chain.

P.S. This would undoubtedly create a major market crisis, but in the end, things should settle onto the correct chain as miners realize that an attack is under way. Plus it really, really wouldn't surprise me if the devs have a way of contacting Satoshi. It's always been a theory of mine that if there was ever a truly major crisis, Satoshi might come forward to shepherd us through with the enormous weight of his credibility. I could be wrong, but I doubt that Satoshi is completely done with Bitcoin.

Dash - Digital Cash
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:43:50 PM

I could be wrong, but I doubt that Satoshi is completely done with Bitcoin.

Yes, of all the things I want to see happening in the remaining decades of my life, seeing the real life satoshi coming back is one of those things.  Cheesy

Icebucket

Activity: 409
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:46:04 PM

Right, Andreas did explain this in a amusing way. Cheesy

But the thing that I was wondering about to begin with, is the x11 hash really impervious to the 51% attack ? I was just finding that out from a random guy on the internet and Im wondering if that is the case.

“Every morning we are born again. What we do today is what matters most.”
― Gautama Buddha
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:49:25 PM

This!!! is the post which is worth quoting  Roll Eyes

First, congrats eltito! Also, thank you for the great PR job. I'm very encouraged to have an official voice posting here. It's also good to know that Evan and the others now have more time to code since they have you to take the community relations load off their shoulders.

I have a few comments, most of them simply reiterate what tantestefana, el presidente, and AlexGR have been saying all along, but here goes:

When the price of an asset changes, I start doing research to find out why. Have any of the fundamentals changed? If not, then there is no reason to reevaluate my investment. Despite the recent dumps, DRK has the some fundamentals and same potential as it has had for the last month that I've been following it.

a) First mover advantage in the anonymity field. How many innovations have there been in crypto since 2009? And yet BTC is still the granddaddy of everything. First mover/network effect is a really, really big deal. Even if other coins develop superior technology, DRK is likely to have a significant lead simply for this one reason only.

b) A functional anonymity solution with secret, yet apparently amazing, new privacy features coming in RC4. Guys, let's face it, nobody is likely to outwit the NSA/FBI when it comes to anonymous solutions. Barring some outrageous development, government organizations with many billions in funding will likely still be able to connect the dots. The point isn't to hide transactions from the government per se, it's to obfuscate them well enough so that other people can't see your "checkbook."

c) Competing anonymity solutions don't have any compelling advantages. There are a few interesting things, granted, like using I2P and stealth addresses, but most of them have fatal flaws, or at least significant weaknesses.

d) Darkcoin has developed the first real proof of service model with its masternode system. This can be used to backstop "thin" clients, to partially solve the problem of blockchain storage, and likely to add additional features which people haven't even considered yet.

e) Darkcoin has developed the spork system of introducing protocol changes, which when perfected could be a very powerful innovation.

f) Darkcoin has an incredibly talented dev team that I have great confidence in.

g) Masternodes are getting paid. It may not be by 100% of pools as we would like, but at least it's happening. People act as if they'd rather not be getting paid at all! Myself, I'd rather get paid half the time than not get paid at all. But YMMV. In a few weeks, with RC4, it will be a non-issue.

h) Media attention. Anonymity is the next big thing in crypto, and this will be getting a lot of media attention I believe. I also think that with LTC's inevitable decline and DRK's future growth, once we cross that line and become the #2 crypto, media attention is going to EXPLODE. Remember, John Q. Public is slow to figure things out, and even media sometimes misses the early developments. Guarantee when some people start looking at market cap charts and see DRK cross the #2 line, that's going to bring a lot of attention...

The bottom line, for me, is that the fundamentals are unchanged, and so my original investment decision is also unchanged. Again, YMMV.

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
georgem
Legendary

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 02:04:32 PM

That's a moot point.

Information is big money.

Government is corrupt as hell, and the NSA/FBI is accused of selling information to the highest bidder anyway.

So, a half-assed anonymity will not help anyone.

We need anonymity that - should NSA try to connect the dots - they can only crack by taking very exhaustive and very time and money consuming measures.

That's good anonymity, to make it very hard to even the guy who has billions of funding.... so that it eats away his funding very fast, if he tries to crack your code or scan your network.

Make it as hard as possible.

splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:11:11 PM

Response from blackcoin pool...
we will see if. they update quick or not...
---------------
 Hi,
I am checking into this right now.

Ticket: http://blackcoinpool.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/184

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:12:00 PM

Government-proofing is not that hard. 99% of the countries do not have NSA-level resources to crack shit, including China - as China does not control the TOR network, cloud services, all internet backbones etc etc.

Proofing it against the US-government in particular (NSA) is the hard part.
ddink7
Legendary

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:14:30 PM

Government-proofing is not that hard. 99% of the countries do not have NSA-level resources to crack shit, including China - as China does not control the TOR network, cloud services, all internet backbones etc etc.

Proofing it against the US-government in particular (NSA) is the hard part.

Correct. IMO it's about "functional anonymity." Make it so hard to crack that NSA would have to invest far more resources than it would be worth.

Dash - Digital Cash
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:16:09 PM

Response from blackcoin pool...
we will see if. they update quick or not...
---------------
 Hi,
I am checking into this right now.

Ticket: http://blackcoinpool.freshdesk.com/helpdesk/tickets/184

Good job man!! This community ROCKS !
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:16:34 PM

Sorry people who thought they could buy back in below 0.01

Don't be sorry. In what I consider to be my finest hour since I started trading, I left an order in overnight right on the point indicated by the arrow below and woke up this morning with it filled.

In other news, looks like the 4 hour chart correction's now worked itself fully through. If we get crossover confirmation in the next few hours we'll be into much safer territory as far as trading momentum goes.

So lets consider that for a moment folks:

This puts DRK - at its lowest ebb for a month, with price ultra compacted, the best anon features yet to come, technical problems addressed STILL 4 TIMES THE MARKET CAP OF ITS NEAREST ANON COMPETITOR WHICH REMAINS NEAR ITS ALL TIME, UNCORRECTED HIGH. We could go down to half this price and still be twice the market cap.

With a mere 5 million coin supply, that's saying that the value is all in the fundamentals now.

If you really think those competitors are going to mount a serious challenge that warrants any more than directing some spare change at, then, well - that bridge is always available  Wink

GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:19:31 PM

EXTRA EXTRA - READ ALL ABOUT IT?

Just got another Masternode payout  Cool

This seriously beats any mining gear, whatever specs!
Pages: « 1 ... 2034 2035 2036 2037 2038 2039 2040 2041 2042 2043 2044 2045 2046 2047 2048 2049 2050 2051 2052 2053 2054 2055 2056 2057 2058 2059 2060 2061 2062 2063 2064 2065 2066 2067 2068 2069 2070 2071 2072 2073 2074 2075 2076 2077 2078 2079 2080 2081 2082 2083 [2084] 2085 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: