Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 03:25:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722522 times)
luke997

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:40:16 PM

How did this coin just devalue?  Not sure if srs.

Yes its going downhill a bit but patience is virtue

Instead of them being rare at ~10 million coins, now we are going towards the full ~80 million, an 8 fold increase.

Are you sure that's the consequence of the modification?

Read eduffield's text, that's what he is saying.

True, but it is not like there is all of a sudden 70 million coins flooding the market.   This coin is mined very slowly compared to most alts... stop making it seem like the total number of coins is the only factor in determining its future value.  

The total coin supply is one of the biggest inputs about the coins future value!!

Thank you. I facepalmed so hard reading that.

I'm not here to bash DRK, I fucking love the idea behind this coin. But less than a week ago I paid top dollar for the coin thinking it was going to be much more rare in the future, which is apparently no longer the case. It was so tempting to double down yesterday, glad I didn't do it.

I don't get you guys. Nothing is good for you... If the early miners and dev team gained more coins, you say it's not fair. If they hold a large chunk of coins and are now 'inflating' and devaluation their holdings (aka- you can now mine easier), that is not good. If they say they will hold the source of darksend closed for a month to establish the coin 's position, that is not good.
Ad for the 'paid top dollar for the coin' - give me a break. I also bought extensively @ 0.0023 and I'm not looking a week into the future. I'm not a 'flipper'. i.e.
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/flipper.asp

If your time horizon is so speculative, then I suggest you find a different coin with higher volume and more media buzz..

+ 1

Very strong moaners/whiners/late passengers crew here...

I was late and had to buy way in, not complaining, that's for the weak...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sukottosan_d

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:44:58 PM

Instead of them being rare at ~10 million coins, now we are going towards the full ~80 million, an 8 fold increase.

True, but it is not like there is all of a sudden 70 million coins flooding the market.   This coin is mined very slowly compared to most alts... stop making it seem like the total number of coins is the only factor in determining its future value.  

The total coin supply is one of the biggest inputs about the coins future value!!

I'm not here to bash DRK, I fucking love the idea behind this coin. But less than a week ago I paid top dollar for the coin thinking it was going to be much more rare in the future, which is apparently no longer the case. It was so tempting to double down yesterday, glad I didn't do it.

I don't get you guys. Nothing is good for you... If the early miners and dev team gained more coins, you say it's not fair. If they hold a large chunk of coins and are now 'inflating' and devaluation their holdings (aka- you can now mine easier), that is not good. If they say they will hold the source of darksend closed for a month to establish the coin 's position, that is not good.
Ad for the 'paid top dollar for the coin' - give me a break. I also bought extensively @ 0.0023 and I'm not looking a week into the future. I'm not a 'flipper'. i.e.

If your time horizon is so speculative, then I suggest you find a different coin with higher volume and more media buzz..

+ 1

Very strong moaners/whiners/late passengers crew here...

I was late and had to buy way in, not complaining, that's for the weak...

Did you see that BlackCoin? POW transition to POS - if you are late to the party - you can only buy from people and they are almost there already - meanwhile it offers nothing except exclusivity.
DRK does offer something very valuable, and maybe it's not so easy to mine at the moment, but so many coins - that's all they have going for them - people mine them and expect value.
chompyZ

Activity: 291
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:48:39 PM

1. well done.
2. imho we darkcoin needs a 'standard' press-release template (all pr same font, size, headers, etc.)
also, every press release needs to end with 'about darkcoin'. it is standard practice.

###

About Darkcoin

3. I think it's time we open a wikipedia title for darkcoin. If we want to get coverage by media, bloggers, etc. there needs to be an external source of info about darkcoin (beyond what the site says about itself). Wikipedia can be a good start.

my 2 cents.
drmavis

Activity: 69

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 07:57:21 PM

Has anybody managed to compile the most recent elmad / darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes version for Windows 64-bit? I have been trying with MinGW and can't figure it out. I would be very grateful if someone more skilled at this than I could share a compiled binary.

Thanks,

Mike
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:05:15 PM

1. well done.
2. imho we darkcoin needs a 'standard' press-release template (all pr same font, size, headers, etc.)
also, every press release needs to end with 'about darkcoin'. it is standard practice.

###

About Darkcoin

3. I think it's time we open a wikipedia title for darkcoin. If we want to get coverage by media, bloggers, etc. there needs to be an external source of info about darkcoin (beyond what the site says about itself). Wikipedia can be a good start.

my 2 cents.

Careful, wikipedians who watch crypto have a strong notability criteria and WILL delete anything that has a small market cap or wasn't mentioned in mainstream press. It's better to do this after DRK takes off from DarkSend usage.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:20:50 PM

Has anybody managed to compile the most recent elmad / darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes version for Windows 64-bit? I have been trying with MinGW and can't figure it out. I would be very grateful if someone more skilled at this than I could share a compiled binary.

Thanks,

Mike

I was also looking for a windows binary. So would be really great if someone could build it.

And omg, on the front page is still the very old xcoin windows miner with like 25/50 detection rate in virustotal and like no performance compared to drk-1.2c binary... devs do really not like windows it seems Smiley

Can someone give me a better binary to link to? I must have missed that one

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
elmad

Activity: 119

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:33:15 PM

Thanks,

Mike

I was also looking for a windows binary. So would be really great if someone could build it.

And omg, on the front page is still the very old xcoin windows miner with like 25/50 detection rate in virustotal and like no performance compared to drk-1.2c binary... devs do really not like windows it seems Smiley

eduffield, here on github there are the binaries of my first release -> https://github.com/elmad/darkcoin-cpuminer-1.3-avx-aes/releases
This version it's only for AES-NI processors.
elbereth

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 26, 2014, 08:33:25 PM

Someone compiled and posted this in a dropbox a few pages back:
http://drkw.at/darkcoin-minerd-1.2c.zip

The AES-NI (1.3) version is much better (>25% more hashing speed) on my CPU so I never really used it, but just tried it and it seems to work fine.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 08:50:06 PM

If the coins are few: "That's unfair". If the coins are more "the price is bust"
If the dev has coins: "He's stockpiled". If the dev sells, then he'll be a "dumper"
If the coin goes up: "We should wait for a correction". If the coins goes down "It's done"
If the coin is open sourced: "It's done for because it'll be cloned". If it's not open sourced, again it is done "because nobody will trust it".
If the coin is mined by cpu: "It's unfairness waiting to happen with GPU implementation in private". If the coin is mined by GPU "the coin is done because the GPU guys came onboard".
If the diff goes down "it's bad". If the diff goes up "it's bad". It's always bad, lol.

That's just few examples that anyone can say anything based on the exact same thing.
TanteStefana

Activity: 280

The Future Of Work

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:01:00 PM

There has been some debate lately about the reward structure vs the early adopter advantage. To be clear, Darkcoin was pre-announced so all of the miners shared in the early mining. There were some issues with the block reward in the beginning, but it was still fair. We don’t have a huge percentage of the coins in existence like some users have purposed.  In fact, we gave away nearly 80,000 coins in the first week.

Originally we thought scarce was good, but the halving was added to the code later and was an obvious mistake, it doesn’t work well with the formulas we’re using to implement the mining reward structure.

I’ve been doing the math this morning and Darkcoin doesn’t need a halving structure at all. So I’m removing it:

https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin/commit/819ccd71cab84c3728d457b16d2679486f917394

The formula 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2) is actually well defined to handle lowering the reward steadily over a long period of time. It caps out about 5000 difficulty, if this isn’t high enough or slow enough we can revisit this later.

This change will put us way closer to the 84,000,000 coin maximum that we originally wanted. The maximum rewards per year will be 5.2M per year (25 every 2.5 minutes) and eventually only release 1.0M per year (5 every 2.5 minutes).

Thanks for the input and support

I'll support this structure.  When I realized that we'd only be creating about 10 mil coins, I thought that was way too tight.  Bitcoin at 21 mil has most of it's transactions in satochis, and it's a pain.  This will also cause the coin's transactions to be in the decimal places, but not as far down (it's hard to think backwards when it comes to money!)  I'm sure those of us that have problems with it, and constantly need a calculator, will learn in time, LOL, but now there is more wiggle room.

To be sure, the changes only effect the way the coin is handled in the future (no longer halved) and should have only the most minimal of effect if any at the present.  If it's effecting the market right now, it's because people don't understand.  I just wish I had money or bitcoins to stock up on coins, but that's life, LOL.

I'm in it for the very long haul, talking 2-3 years in the future.  I don't care what people think now, I think I know what is going to happen with this coin, and I'm enjoying the ride, ups and downs Smiley  At least the downs are spreading the future wealth, and this is good!

BTW, I took the few dollars I could scrounge up last week and bought at 0.002 but I'm not sweating the small stuff, I knew perfectly well, that that could be the high for a while.... or not??  turns out it was, oh well! 

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:16:12 PM
Last edit: February 26, 2014, 10:08:26 PM by mannie

I find all this talk about inflation a bit silly. Inflation is a monetary phenomenon which is only ever caused by printing more money than an economy can absorb through growth in GDP. It causes a reduction in the buying power of a currency.

Cryptos have a fixed supply so there is built-in deflation long term. They're more akin to gold as a tradable commodity and a store of monetary value. Both are subject to volatility, both have a finite supply. Up to the 20th century gold was the most common way to consummate large contracts. In the early days, you could find gold nuggets in river beds, now gold producers must haul masses of rock to filter out little specs of gold. Gold supply will cap out eventually the same way as cryptos are designed to cap out. As long as there is demand for both, they will continue to be used and their buying power will continue to increase. Not every crypto will see increased demand long-term - it will only be the most innovative, the most user friendly, and ultimately the most supported worldwide that will survive.

As a side note, inflation will begin in earnest with the US dollar soon thanks to the feverish, unprecedented money printing by Ben Bernanke and co.
bit0x

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:32:18 PM

Vote!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483187.0

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:37:25 PM

Done!  That list would be much better in alphabetical order.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:45:15 PM

This fucking sucks for people like me who bought in the past week, thinking the coin was rarer than it is now. I don't plan on selling, it just sucks knowing I could have gotten more.

The specifications of this coin were always ~80 million, people always had this amount in mind when selling/buying, but in any case think about what it, does it matter at all if a coin has a cap of ~80 million to current price, if this coin is less than 2 months old and it needs maybe 50+ years to hit the 80M?
slyA

Activity: 126

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:48:40 PM

The dumping on poloniex is just ridiculous to watch. People are selling like idiots once the buy walls dare rise above 10 for fuck's sake.
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 09:51:34 PM

This fucking sucks for people like me who bought in the past week, thinking the coin was rarer than it is now. I don't plan on selling, it just sucks knowing I could have gotten more.

The specifications of this coin were always ~80 million, people always had this amount in mind when selling/buying, but in any case think about what it, does it matter at all if a coin has a cap of ~80 million to current price, if this coin is less than 2 months old and it needs maybe 50+ years to hit the 80M?

I did my due diligence before buying in, saw that the cap was changed, based my buy in price on that. Yes it does matter. This is all about risk. There is an appropriate price for each cap, and they aren't the same.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
airtreb

Activity: 217

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:01:58 PM

at this moment darkcoin is not profitable to mine at all because of the recent price, but i still believe this coin has a big potential so let them sell low so we can buy more and at the end our investment will be huge. Roll Eyes
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:15:16 PM

I find all this talk about inflation a bit silly. Inflation is a monetary phenomenon which is only ever caused by printing more money than an economy can absorb through growth in GDP. It causes a reduction in the buying power of a currency.

Cryptos have a fixed supply so there is built-in deflation long term. They're more akin to gold as a tradable commodity and a store of monetary value. Both are subject to volatility, both have a finite supply. Up to the 20th century gold was the most common way to consummate large contracts. In the early days, you could find gold nuggets in river beds, now gold producers must haul masses of rock to filter out little specs of gold. Gold supply will cap out eventually the same way as cryptos are designed to cap out. As long as there is demand for both, they will continue to be used and their buying power will continue to increase. Not every crypto will see increased demand long-term - it will only be the most innovative, the most user friendly, and ultimately the most supported worldwide that will survive.

As a side note, inflation will begin in earnest with the US dollar soon thanks to the feverish, unprecedented money printing by Ben Bernanke and co.

And all the crap coins out there like maxcoin will be the geocities of cryptos in the long run. If they don't offer something important like privacy ppl won't use them as a means of exchange and investment. They will drop them and opt for the ones with most demand and transaction volume. I think most people are here because they believe drk will provide something special and actually be used as a means of exchange.
kaene

Activity: 784
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:16:17 PM

People have to stop panicking and look at the facts.  1) There was a theft which occurred but that was not because of a flaw with Darkcoin but rather a flaw with one particular exchange.  2) Trading volume is much lower than it was which indicates that more people are HOLDING the coin rather than dumping (which indicates the people have faith in the coin over the long term). The price is what it is right now because of low volume trading and not because people are dumping en mass.  Also, the major dump that occurred was because of the THEFT and NOT because people are losing confidence in this coin.  3) The coin has unique features to it which most other copycoin/scamcoins do not. 4) The Dev appears to be VERY active in ensuring the success of this coin to both investors as well as miners vs. other coins where the devs just release and wait to profit with 0 updates. Do not fall prey to the psychological games that traders play to get you to dump this coin so that they can buy it cheap.  This is not another scam coin.   It WILL go back up in light of the above facts.

Just chain reaction. Someone stole BTC and bought DRK, dumped at any price, people panicked because of that and then early adopters dumped just in case, people panicked again and miners who just speculate and don't think about long term also dumped, investors stop buying or try to buy cheaper .... that's why DRK is around 0.001BTC/DRK right now, it will need some days or even a couple of weeks to recover to 0.002BTC/DRK, and release the DarkSend feature to move to the 0.005BTC/DRK area, after this it will depend on how good we market it, 0.5BTC/DRK once DarkRoad opens doors? Smiley
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 26, 2014, 10:30:41 PM

I'm so bullish about darkcoin, I see this as a coin that has a good chance of going to $100 in 2015.
Pages: « 1 ... 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 [250] 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: