Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:36:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722524 times)
skribnod

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:49:09 AM

Can someone tell me what amount of coins they are mining with 280x cards per day?

Thanks
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:53:11 AM

I think I saw on the coins specs that the block reward is now halved at 2 years instead of 1
source?

https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin

What is DarkCoin?
DarkCoin is a lite version of Bitcoin using X11 as a proof-of-work algorithm.

Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo)
Block reward is controlled by moore's law: (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))
CPU only mining
Block generation: 2.5 minutes
Difficulty Retargets every 576 blocks
84 Million Coins Max
Block reward halving every 2 years
Encrypted transaction network: Work In Progress
Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Work In Progress

Actually there is no more halving at all. After 5000 difficulty the block reward hits the minimum of 5 coins per block and that is supposed to be the reward until all 84 000000 are mined. Which @ 1 million a year will take a long time. In 10 years there will just a hit more coins than what bitcoin has now, so how about calming down for everyone who is saying it's not scarce anymore?

It's a very scarce coin for sure.  But it seems like a lot of people don't understand this, or at least by looking at the numbers it's not clear straight away.  Maybe the Dev's should point this out clearer some how?  Or at least list out roughly how many coins will be mined every year.  As some people are going to see the 84 million coins, and think there are going to be a crap ton of them flowing onto the market soon, which simply won't be the case.

Right now it flat out says 84 million, people might take a glance and that's it.  The step down reward depending on the hashrate is very uncommon, so people won't see this right away.  I think listing it out by year would be a good idea...
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:54:33 AM

Can someone tell me what amount of coins they are mining with 280x cards per day?

Thanks

Up until yesterday 4 280x cards  ~ 8.75 MH/s yielded 24-26 coins per day.

Difficulty has doubled within the last 12 hours and price on mintpal has doubled too. I'd expect 15 coins per day now.
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:59:21 AM

Not necessarily.  This coin diminishes depending on the difficulty.  It's smart, bcause if the coin loses miners because rewards aren't worth it, the difficulty will decline and the rewards will go up.  Even so, it may still take 70 years to hit the cap.  what real difference will it make if the cap weren't there?  Almost none.  The coin would still increase in quantity WAY slower than the user base will grow.  Demand will outpace coin growth anyway.

But that assumes the coin is successful.

This coin will be successful.

There are 7 billion people in this world, crypto has the  potential to help those not in the most stable countries the most. There is a lot of room for growth!

No, it's necessary. You see people don't value things in infinite quantity but they do value scarcity. There is nothing which is infinitely abundant and simultaneously expensive in real-life markets. If you want to make a better monetary system than the infinite-fiat bullshit type of money system, you have to be better at the fundamentals like inflation.

But I do understand what you say about practical limit vs no-cap.

I understand what you're saying, but a coin like that would still be scarce.  Only so many over time.  It's actually the same difference really.  Just like the recent change (to repair an unintended consequence of adding KGW earlier) really makes hardly any difference in the foreseeable future to investors.

Gold and diamonds are still being dug up out of the ground, yet their value continues to grow.  They're still a rare resource.

Yep, but they are capped (finite amount) it's just that the mining process is long. However, what helps enormously, is the low inflation rate (~1.35% annual inflation of gold supply per year) and that they are valued in something which inflates at a much faster pace: fiat currency. Even if gold inflation was zero, it'd still go up because the USD supply increases and the ratio is worsened in favor of the USD (thus more USD would be needed to buy the same amount of gold). So, there we have it.
skribnod

Activity: 95

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:00:38 AM

Thanks

Difficulty has doubled within the last 12 hours and price on mintpal has doubled too. I'd expect 15 coins per day now.

Thanks for the info, i couldn't find a calculator for this coin and am only runing two 280x's. Looking for a profitable coin to mine and this one seems to be at the moment.
junkun13

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:13:34 AM

Thanks

What  miner are you using?
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:18:19 AM

Thanks

What  miner are you using?

SPH-SGMINER https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 04:18:55 AM

Question:

I tried out one of those P2Pools the day before yesterday or something like that, and it didn't seem to be paying out the same as my pool, so I went back to my pool.  But it's been over a day, and I'm still getting payments from the P2Pool!  How the heck do those work?  Why am I still getting payments?

https://github.com/chaeplin/p2pool-drk/blob/master/p2pool/networks.py#L4-L31

Code:
# CHAIN_LENGTH = number of shares back client keeps
# REAL_CHAIN_LENGTH = maximum number of shares back client uses to compute payout
# REAL_CHAIN_LENGTH must always be <= CHAIN_LENGTH
# REAL_CHAIN_LENGTH must be changed in sync with all other clients
# changes can be done by changing one, then the other

SHARE_PERIOD=15, # seconds
        NEW_SHARE_PERIOD=15, # seconds
        CHAIN_LENGTH=24*60*60//10, # shares
        REAL_CHAIN_LENGTH=24*60*60//10, # shares
        TARGET_LOOKBEHIND=200, # shares  //with that the pools share diff is adjusting faster, important if huge hashing power comes to the pool
        SPREAD=30, # blocks
        NEW_SPREAD=30, # blocks

https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/P2Pool

What is your address ?

eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 05:02:11 AM

I think I saw on the coins specs that the block reward is now halved at 2 years instead of 1
source?

https://github.com/evan82/darkcoin

What is DarkCoin?
DarkCoin is a lite version of Bitcoin using X11 as a proof-of-work algorithm.

Super secure hashing algorithm: 11 rounds of scientific hashing functions (blake, bmw, groestl, jh, keccak, skein, luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd, echo)
Block reward is controlled by moore's law: (11111 / (((Difficulty+51)/6) ^ 2))
CPU only mining
Block generation: 2.5 minutes
Difficulty Retargets every 576 blocks
84 Million Coins Max
Block reward halving every 2 years
Encrypted transaction network: Work In Progress
Anonymous blockchain using coinjoin technology: Work In Progress

Actually there is no more halving at all. After 5000 difficulty the block reward hits the minimum of 5 coins per block and that is supposed to be the reward until all 84 000000 are mined. Which @ 1 million a year will take a long time. In 10 years there will just a hit more coins than what bitcoin has now, so how about calming down for everyone who is saying it's not scarce anymore?

This is accurate. The halving was a mistake, for the currency to work there needs to be some inflation, even if it's really low. I don't want the mining to collapse on itself and it won't happen with a reward of 5.  Also, I believe the curving that I'm using is less shocking to the ecosystem than the halving that other currencies use, it happens much slower and has the same overall effect on scarcity.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
tabnk

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:05:46 AM

By the look at NET HASH, DRK community is still small. We need more marketing Cheesy
Schwede65

Activity: 309

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:11:13 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 05:37:30 AM by Schwede65

DRK Is the best coin i seen so far in last 2 years !!! I used to mine LTC in last year and half and thought of that as something normal...
When i switched to mine DRK it made my day Smiley Cards are cold, power cables are cold, i hear the silence Cheesy mining rigs work like a charm without glitches...
I don't want to go back to Scrypt anymore and ill be very happy if everything goes right so ill not be forced to switch to any scrypt coin Wink
Also i think DRK will be the summer coin !!!

same.

same here Smiley

and why are the gpu so charming "cold"
because of less power consumption compared to scrypt-coins --> < 70 %
cold-mining with full gpu-power - this is the mining-aspect of DRK
metstijl

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:36:29 AM

which price will the coin have with 20m marketcap?
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:45:06 AM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

once a week 50% of the fees, will be drawn,
to one lucky winner... is it your turn next?

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

Come over to the new server, its blasting fast compared to the old server
old miners, your miners will automatically switch over, but if you want to move them now,
point them at lotterymining.com:4444

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
declensions

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 05:57:53 AM

i'm just wondering, where the hell did the increase in 3000-4000 MH/s come from in the past day? It's not listed on any multipool is it?

C2.1: CfAMDL4FJomN8bLpsPKZz3mBtdQVg7Sgbp
AnonyMint

Activity: 518
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:15:09 AM
Last edit: March 02, 2014, 06:34:53 AM by AnonyMint

So, HUGE progress this morning! I have a proof-of-concept of the anonymous transactions working on testnet! Here's some screenshots, these were 3 separate transactions sent to 3 different addresses, at separate times.

Notice how you can't tell who is sending to who. Soon all blocks will only have 2 transactions, 1 for the creation event and a merged transaction with everything else.

http://www.xcoin.co/coinjoin1.png
http://www.xcoin.co/coinjoin2.png

That's so cool you got it working, but could you explain to those of us that aren't knowledgeable what it all means please?  I understand how it's supposed to work, I just don't understand how to read the chart,  Cheesy  Tongue

I also feel that if you were to explain it, there would be great interest from the public!  Thanks!

Bitcoin is often promoted as being somewhat anonymous, but the main problem is that if I know your address, I can literally tell everyone you've ever paid. Imagine everyone you met, was able to see everything you bought in your checking account. That's pretty much the situation Bitcoin and other alt-coins are currently in. We need to move quickly to a anonymity-by-default approach.

There are many solutions out there for fixing this and we know how to implement them. But, the developers are very scared of implementing these fixes, with the possibility of bringing down a 10+ billion dollar economy.  So it will take years at the very minimum to do this.

So, that's where XCoin comes into play. I want solve many of these problems that Bitcoin and other alt-coins experience, making XCoin the beta to Bitcoin. The goal is to be years ahead in development, with cutting edge features that would be insanely difficult to pull off in their codebase.

So what progress was made this morning? I implemented a rough version of CoinJoin. The idea behind what I'm working on was originally put forward by Gregory Maxwell  and it's a great idea (if you want to read more, the original post is here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=279249.0).

In short, transactions in the Bitcoin Blockchain are stored like this:

"User1 paid User12 the amount 1.2BTC"
"User4 paid User2 the amount 1.2BTC"
"User11 paid User3 the amount 1.2BTC"

In XCoin they'll look like this:

"Debit User1 the amount 1.2XCO, Debit User4 the amount 1.2XCO, Debit User11 the amount 1.2XCO"
and
"Credit User12 the amount 1.2XCO, Credit User2 the amount 1.2XCO, Credit User3 the amount 1.2XCO"

Notice, in the XCoin you can't tell who paid who. But in Bitcoin the parties are linked together. This will be a large step forward to providing anonymity by default.

It appears the technical design of this DarkCoin is fundamentally flawed and can't be fixed.

There must be some proof that senders sent transactions for all peers on the network to verify before they can accept the block and begin working on the next block solution. Such proof must exist otherwise balances could be stolen by rogue peers.

Thus I must assume you are doing a CoinJoin-like proof for all senders that in that block. And I assume these proofs are transmitted with the block, even if you purge them later (using a proof-of-work chain such as in the mini block chain design).

The problem is that CoinJoin is subject to denial-of-service attack in that if any sender fails to sign in the second step, then no senders can send.

Thus CoinJoin can't scale to a larger number of senders joined. It works best with a few senders and the probability of denial-of-service (rogue sender) is low.

Did you even read the CoinJoin thread carefully?

There is a second insoluble flaw that CoinJoin does nothing to obscure IP address and thus you have no anonymity against powerful entities.

P.S. I don't have time to read 300 pages of this thread to find out if you already addressed this issue. Please give me a link to any prior reply.

Wow, it's that open eh?

Still, this example implies that one could still link up the amounts of the transactions to find the end users.  How unique are transaction amounts, and how hard would it be to hide that level?  Is there a breaking up of the payment so that the amounts are harder to compare or something?  Or am I missing something due to the simplification of the explanation?  

Yes, you could still use the transaction amounts to track money through the system. This combined with some logic to use common transaction amounts or some other logic like that in the wallet could definitely help. Even with the problems, having coinjoin implemented directly into the client is a huge step in the right direction.

And timing analysis too.

unheresy.com - Prodigiously Elucidating the Profoundly ObtuseTHIS FORUM ACCOUNT IS NO LONGER ACTIVE
aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:34:10 AM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

DDOS Protected pool

old miners, your miners will automatically switch over, but if you want to move them now,

My miners kept mining when they were pointed at the old server but I was seeing a zero hashrate when I logged in to the new server - I hope my work didn't go unnoticed.

Also what is the plan for the payouts from the old server? After I pointed at the new server and verified my hashrate, I checked my balance to find it empty. Sad

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:39:45 AM

DDOS Protected pool

My miners kept mining when they were pointed at the old server but I was seeing a zero hashrate when I logged in to the new server - I hope my work didn't go unnoticed.

Also what is the plan for the payouts from the old server? After I pointed at the new server and verified my hashrate, I checked my balance to find it empty. Sad

im going to do the following when everyhing has settled (after 24 hours)

* do a forced mass payout

* Move old server info, so that if you want to look at it, you will be able to do so

all work has been noticed on either the old, or the new server

a few persons might get stuck in between old and new, with no username on the new.. please open an account

aNTi-Vlact

Activity: 70

View Profile WWW
March 02, 2014, 06:41:51 AM

DDOS Protected pool

* Move old server info, so that if you want to look at it, you will be able to do so

Cool beans. I knew you had a plan - you do great work. Figured I would ask so everyone can see it.

DRK - XtBWLQg59NC74oAWf4cA8WNJ7oVHdLenWM
http://qoinpro.com/c8a74da12efdfdcfa9b3b4c19c2e8042
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:44:42 AM

DDOS Protected pool

Cool beans. I knew you had a plan - you do great work. Figured I would ask so everyone can see it.

well, i do have one addition to the plan :-)

when this weeks lottery has been done, im going to put 200 drk in the lottery pool for the lottery after that...

chompyZ

Activity: 291

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 06:51:33 AM

Could anyone make a price checker widget for android? would be cool Cheesy

+1
yes plz!
Pages: « 1 ... 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 [293] 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: