Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 08:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 [2880] 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722516 times)
Jestah

Activity: 426
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:43:21 AM

Aren't you one of those hero accounts that was bought to become a shill and spread misinformation?

As Evan said, for a hero account you sure don't know what you are even talking about.  Ignored.

I've noticed quite a few Hero accounts being extremely one sided lately, definitely some account selling going on...

If only I could remember where I saw it written about the quest for higher ranked forum accounts by a scam coin whale, might have been cloak (which would make sense esp for this guy).   5-6 BTC was mentioned per account.......

I wish I could recall how to remember correctly...... Roll Eyes

no way !
whow, that makes sense as there are definitely some 'strange' heroes wandering around !
The monero thread is chock full of hero accounts, you dont even see regulars there - seems extremely strange to me why they have all suddenly congregated to all sing the same song......wonder how much they are being paid.

Bingo, it was Monero.   Lemme see if I can search my history.....

Thank you for helping me remember:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=755840.0

Here's the thread by Come-from-Above where he claims that he is paying 5-10 BTC for Sr. Member and Hero Member accounts. And apparently he needs a substantial number of such accounts.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:11:19 AM

Aren't you one of those hero accounts that was bought to become a shill and spread misinformation?

As Evan said, for a hero account you sure don't know what you are even talking about.  Ignored.

I've noticed quite a few Hero accounts being extremely one sided lately, definitely some account selling going on...

If only I could remember where I saw it written about the quest for higher ranked forum accounts by a scam coin whale, might have been cloak (which would make sense esp for this guy).   5-6 BTC was mentioned per account.......

no way !
whow, that makes sense as there are definitely some 'strange' heroes wandering around !
The monero thread is chock full of hero accounts, you dont even see regulars there - seems extremely strange to me why they have all suddenly congregated to all sing the same song......wonder how much they are being paid.

Here's the thread by Come-from-Above where he claims that he is paying 5-10 BTC for Sr. Member and Hero Member accounts. And apparently he needs a substantial number of such accounts.

It would be interesting to see if the writing style of those accounts change at some point.  Cheesy
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:12:08 AM

is there any QT Developer out here Huh
please let me know, would like to get in touch with him/her

tx
 Grin
darkproton

Activity: 658

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:18:11 AM

no way !

It would be interesting to see if the writing style of those accounts change at some point.  Cheesy
spoetnik started a thread and claimed styles were changing. He posted examples and stuff.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 03:22:04 AM

no way !

spoetnik started a thread and claimed styles were changing. He posted examples and stuff.
I will check this out.
baddw

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 04:13:41 AM

I realize that the system has similarities.  What I believe is novel is the (snipped) "nomination" system based on the hash of the block, the need for the nominated MNs to respond with blockchain-writable transactions within 2 blocks of being nominated, and the deterministic picking of a "winner" based on the responding MNs.  This negates the need to maintain an off-blockchain "list" of active MNs, which I believe is what caused the forking problems in previous releases, where some nodes were rejecting blocks off of a belief that the MN receiving payment was not a valid MN, for whatever reason.  You can see this in all the questions about "is my MN appearing ok?"  It should not be possible for one person's list of active MNs to be different than another person's, yet I believe that this is what we still have today.  "I'm seeing 850 active MNs but Joe sees 842" is a very difficult problem to solve, so my proposal moves all MN "activeness" into the blockchain where it becomes indisputable.

When MN payments were first introduced, forking occurred as the network propagation process could take longer than the blocktime. Since then the inter-MN comms are *much* faster.

If I see 850 active MNs, you and Joe also see 850, any change is propagated within seconds at most. There will always be fringe cases, but that's what the voting system across multiple blocks is is for.

It's critical for future services that MN's maintain comms discrete from the slow blocktime.

I agree, but I don't think it's critical that they do so for payment (at least % of block reward payment) reasons.

Agreed with luigi.  The MNs can maintain their high-speed network, but the rest of the network (including miners) will always have propagation delays.  Unless you do something like require all mining to be funneled through the MNs.... which wouldn't be a bad idea IMO. 

There can also be malevolent MNs, or incompetently-managed MNs, or MNs that are facing DOS attacks, or having other network or server issues.  Counting on the MNs to be fast all the time will lead to failure, guaranteed.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:27:59 AM

Good day,

I was thinking about this, doesn't 2 factor authorization actually in many ways make you less secure?

A simple line of reasoning is that access to your funds becomes dependent on access to your cell phone.
This also makes you dependent on your cell phone provider. This also creates a situation where if security is not proper, trusted or up to date on the cell phone (old software, tracking, hacking, etc.), well then your means of payment could be compromised, your phone could get wet or break and you are left effectively fundless until you can sort out your cell phone problems, for example replace it at the store (which usually takes funds by the way...) You can't change the settings on your funds access because that requires 2 factor authorization too. This also obviously means if someone takes your phone away from you physically or from a distance , especially someone working with the cell phone provider, could effectively shut you off from your funds forever if they so choose, especially when you move in and out of exchanges and online wallets. (If a safe internet existed where you could basically never get hacked because no data is collected so you can't get identified and found, then 2 factor authorizations apparent benefit would also be redundant.) As I currently understand it is actually fundamentally flawed in that sense and can be used a tool for eventual control over people by control over their access to their funds. In my opinion, this should be examined.

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:33:45 AM

Are there any professional WRITERS out here in the community
who would like to get involved Huh
We could need some help, and get some stuff of Tante's back

Please let me know
Tx
 Grin
valentino007

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 05:47:01 AM

Good day,

I was thinking about this, doesn't 2 factor authorization actually in many ways make you less secure?

A simple line of reasoning is that access to your funds becomes dependent on access to your cell phone.
This also makes you dependent on your cell phone provider. This also creates a situation where if security is not proper, trusted or up to date on the cell phone (old software, tracking, hacking, etc.), well then your means of payment could be compromised, your phone could get wet or break and you are left effectively fundless until you can sort out your cell phone problems, for example replace it at the store (which usually takes funds by the way...) You can't change the settings on your funds access because that requires 2 factor authorization too. This also obviously means if someone takes your phone away from you physically or from a distance , especially someone working with the cell phone provider, could effectively shut you off from your funds forever if they so choose, especially when you move in and out of exchanges and online wallets. (If a safe internet existed where you could basically never get hacked because no data is collected so you can't get identified and found, then 2 factor authorizations apparent benefit would also be redundant.) As I currently understand it is actually fundamentally flawed in that sense and can be used a tool for eventual control over people by control over their access to their funds. In my opinion, this should be examined.

Just buy a small simple pre pay smartphone only for using 2FA,thats how i do it,no crap can be instaled because i dont use it to browse the internet. Wink
Drobek

Activity: 504
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:03:44 AM

Also I am famous for losing hundreds of bitcoin because I'm an idiot, so it would make a bad purchase, this account.

How did you lose them???
r-ando

Activity: 246

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:03:54 AM

Good day,

Just buy a small simple pre pay smartphone only for using 2FA,thats how i do it,no crap can be instaled because i dont use it to browse the internet. Wink

That makes sense for avoiding linking your identity with your wallet or account, however I'm not sure that completely solves all potential problems. I would probably have gotten a non smart phone in case things are already installed on it too, is there a reason you would go for a smart phone? What happens if that phone gets damaged. Also, is it true they deactivate pre pay phones after a period on non activity, so you would have to make sure to actively maintain the phone... what I mean by this is in an extreme case, if you go into a coma for 2 years and come back to find out your pre pay phone was your only access to your funds it could send you right back into the coma...  Smiley  Having a little fun, but I think its an interesting discussion thanks for the advice.

Every moment is like a falling leaf. Seize the moments within the moment.
valentino007

Activity: 150

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:15:59 AM

Good day,

That makes sense for avoiding linking your identity with your wallet or account, however I'm not sure that completely solves all potential problems. I would probably have gotten a non smart phone in case things are already installed on it too, is there a reason you would go for a smart phone? What happens if that phone gets damaged. Also, is it true they deactivate pre pay phones after a period on non activity, so you would have to make sure to actively maintain the phone... what I mean by this is in an extreme case, if you go into a coma for 2 years and come back to find out your pre pay phone was your only access to your funds it could send you right back into the coma...  Smiley  Having a little fun, but I think its an interesting discussion thanks for the advice.

No problem Smiley
installer

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:16:47 AM

price back to 48 - 92%
escapeX

Activity: 191

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:20:59 AM

Things are going well so i don't care about the price so much,let's do some real crypto need to do Cheesy

baddw

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:26:08 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg8664453#msg8664453

Um, wow.  This could really do positive things for the price of DRK.

BTC/XCP 11596GYYq5WzVHoHTmYZg4RufxxzAGEGBX
DRK XvFhRFQwvBAmFkaii6Kafmu6oXrH4dSkVF
Eligius Payouts/CPPSRB Explained  I am not associated with Eligius in any way.  I just think that it is a good pool with a cool payment system Smiley
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:50:30 AM

Anybody knows who is involved in the Pool Police Huh
Ghostplayer is still off, who else is on that team ?

Tx
 Cool
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:58:21 AM

Tx
 Cool

splawik21 was, I don't know if he still is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8429803#msg8429803
Ignition75

Activity: 462

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:00:45 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=583449.msg8664453#msg8664453

Um, wow.  This could really do positive things for the price of DRK.

Someone in the XMR thread said this has already happened to DRK, when did it happen to DRK?

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:04:19 AM

Tx
 Cool

splawik21 was, I don't know if he still is https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg8429803#msg8429803

cool
TX
 Cool
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 07:31:17 AM

Tx
 Cool

cool
TX
 Cool

Hey guys, I'm sort of back, but real life keeping me away. Will only be available evening these next few days.
How y'all doing?  Wink

Oh.. and why do we need Pool Police ?

EDIT: Got it.... RC5 is testing!! Wow, talk about good timing to come back Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 2830 2831 2832 2833 2834 2835 2836 2837 2838 2839 2840 2841 2842 2843 2844 2845 2846 2847 2848 2849 2850 2851 2852 2853 2854 2855 2856 2857 2858 2859 2860 2861 2862 2863 2864 2865 2866 2867 2868 2869 2870 2871 2872 2873 2874 2875 2876 2877 2878 2879 [2880] 2881 2882 2883 2884 2885 2886 2887 2888 2889 2890 2891 2892 2893 2894 2895 2896 2897 2898 2899 2900 2901 2902 2903 2904 2905 2906 2907 2908 2909 2910 2911 2912 2913 2914 2915 2916 2917 2918 2919 2920 2921 2922 2923 2924 2925 2926 2927 2928 2929 2930 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: