Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:24:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 [4740] 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722511 times)
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:50:14 PM

I did reach out to them...doubt they can do anything

I did have encryption, but they stole my gmail data so I think I may have used the same pw as the encryption one somewhere..and that's on me.

I'm fucked...feel like my life is ruined.  I don't know what to do anymore.

Shit, sounds like a targeted hacking  Angry
Hope the other one is ok.
(I did the same for a small bitcoin wallet that was not encrypted thats why I asked, never could work out for sure what caused it so deleted loads of sgminer exes and ended up formating in the end anyway just to make sure)

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE

19.18810635 has been moved out, and the balance is still 1000.

If its gone to cryptsy and you alert them now they can track the transaction and identify the IP. They will also have an email address, and you might be able to track that back.

I've sent two URGENT requests asking to freeze. Asked in the troll box to see if there was quicker way of getting holf of bigvern but no joy.
I keep refreshing two different block explorers and that 1000 is still staying in the balance. Surely the perp would have got the whole lot off ASAP???
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:51:53 PM

I did have encryption, but they stole my gmail data so I think I may have used the same pw as the encryption one somewhere..and that's on me.

I'm fucked...feel like my life is ruined.  I don't know what to do anymore.

Shit, sounds like a targeted hacking  Angry
(I did the same for a small bitcoin wallet that was not encrypted thats why I asked, never could work out for sure what caused it so deleted loads of sgminer exes and ended up formating in the end anyway just to make sure)

Not quite sure what has happened here.  What exe file caused this?  Can someone upload this so I can send this off to one of my associates to see what this file is?
that sux man, sorry to hear that jiggy. tell us what the exe was.

I've contacted cryptsy..so we will see what they say. 

The file came from an nzb file.

I wasn't looking carefully and it looked like a folder, and I clicked on it.  It was removed pretty quickly, but I think the damage was done.  I started getting coinbase/ bitfinex reset emails, but I have 2FA on those...so it must have gotten to my gmail data..which I didn't have 2FA on.  Now i do...

Any help you guys are willing to offer, that would be awesome.  My life savings were in those 2 MNs, and this hurts more than you can think.  This may kill the whole crypto thing for me, that's how much it hurts.  I don't really know what to do with myself anymore.

What's odd is that I had 2 wallet.dat files with the same pw, and in 2 different data dirs.  The one that was stolen was the non standard dir (I put it in c:\drk2\) but the regular one (in app data) wasn't stolen..maybe I got it out quick enough (5 minutes after the first). 

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:55:04 PM

Not quite sure what has happened here.  What exe file caused this?  Can someone upload this so I can send this off to one of my associates to see what this file is?

I wasn't looking carefully and it looked like a folder, and I clicked on it.  It was removed pretty quickly, but I think the damage was done.  I started getting coinbase/ bitfinex reset emails, but I have 2FA on those...so it must have gotten to my gmail data..which I didn't have 2FA on.  Now i do...

Any help you guys are willing to offer, that would be awesome.  My life savings were in those 2 MNs, and this hurts more than you can think.  This may kill the whole crypto thing for me, that's how much it hurts.  I don't really know what to do with myself anymore.

What's odd is that I had 2 wallet.dat files with the same pw, and in 2 different data dirs.  The one that was stolen was the non standard dir (I put it in c:\drk2\) but the regular one (in app data) wasn't stolen..maybe I got it out quick enough (5 minutes after the first). 

clean your pc

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/

might take a while to do it.
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:55:51 PM

clean your pc

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/malware-removal-guide-for-windows/

might take a while to do it.

I've been running malwarebytes and windows defender..think the virus is gone but the damage is done with my gmail account data (saved pws, etc).

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 07:58:00 PM

how could he start MN if his wallet was un-encrypted ?  Huh

It doesn't have to be encrypted.  You can always leave your wallet open if you want to, even as a masternode.  But oh dear, it's awful news Jiggy, I'm so sorry!

Jiggy, how did they get your password?  was it on your computer?  Are you using a password manager?

I'm asking because I'm paranoid I'll lose mine as well, and I keep thinking life would be easier with a password manager, but I don't trust anyone Sad

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:03:10 PM

Jiggy, how did they get your password?  was it on your computer?  Are you using a password manager?

Tante, he said already, his gmail account was compromised and the password was stored there.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:04:25 PM

Tante, he said already, his gmail account was compromised and the password was stored there.

I think that's how, not exactly sure.  But that wouldn't explain why they didn't take both wallets immediately.  Maybe have to look for other wallet.dat files or something..but I thought I was pretty careful.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:05:07 PM

Oh gosh, I see, sorry, I didn't read that right.  While on this subject, can a trezor hold multiple wallets?  They're so dang expensive, I just can't buy one Sad

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:08:20 PM

I think that's how, not exactly sure.  But that wouldn't explain why they didn't take both wallets immediately.  Maybe have to look for other wallet.dat files or something..but I thought I was pretty careful.

They would have to paste the wallet into their roaming folder and update, then unlock,empty and possibly wait 1 confirmation, it would take a few minutes per wallet, looks like you were just quick enough on the 2nd one.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:11:26 PM

In some cases you can find ip adress of thief, and contact police ( mail account is crime in many countries )? I had such case long time ago , 3.5 btc stollen from my gox account
Honest Tim

Activity: 768

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:20:08 PM

I know there was a 1k dump on cryptsy, but.........
Can someone confirm I'm not talking rubbish.

Could the 1000 be still locked somehow???
Sub-Ether

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:24:57 PM
Last edit: April 26, 2015, 08:36:17 PM by Sub-Ether

Can anyone explain, if say the cryptsy account holder sends the coin to another account holder, this is a near instantaneous feature so can not allow for confirmations as such, so do the coins follow after (more slowly) or do they stay in the original address and are merely marked down as now owned by the second account holder there after?

Looks like the 19 Dash has left Cryptsy and  4.69 dash gone here,
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XkvbDKWjQ7b45GDwLJkFiKWsvsAPLtFooX.htm
and
14.496 Dash here (4th transaction down)
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?Xp8eBiibnA945h85JZW492aHh2MzMqKKza.htm

jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:37:05 PM

Can anyone explain, if say the cryptsy account holder sends the coin to another account holder, this is a near instantaneous feature so can not allow for confirmations as such, so do the coins follow after (more slowly) or do they stay in the original address and are merely marked down as now owned by the second account holder there after?

Looks like the 19 Dash has left Cryptsy and  4.69 dash gone here,
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?XkvbDKWjQ7b45GDwLJkFiKWsvsAPLtFooX.htm
and
14.496 Dash here (4th transaction down)
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dash/address.dws?Xp8eBiibnA945h85JZW492aHh2MzMqKKza.htm

yup, I updated the ticket with that. Looks like still cryptsy accounts.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:37:20 PM

Oh gosh, I see, sorry, I didn't read that right.  While on this subject, can a trezor hold multiple wallets?  They're so dang expensive, I just can't buy one Sad

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/17223/trezor-the-bitcoin-wallet-unicorn/

You may be wondering: what if I want multiple private keys because I (duh) want to have more than one Bitcoin address? No problem. The Trezor is a deterministic wallet, which means that an unlimited number of public addresses are recoverable from the same, single seed.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/8396/deterministic-wallets-advantages-flaw/
(article nov 2013, not sure how up to date it still is..)

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 08:49:57 PM

Any advice about setting a masternode elsewhere?
I used Amazon Ec2 because it was easy to set up, and free for one year (they said...)

Pick your new favorite provider here:

http://lowendbox.com/

https://dashtalk.org/threads/masternode-on-raspberry-pi-2-model-b.4083/  Roll Eyes
If you run with Raspberry Pis, you still need a static IP for each masternode.  Check with your ISP on the cost.  Usually, one static IP is more expensive than a VPS, but a block of 5 will be a better deal.  I would also suggest running an i5 or i7 with virtual machines for multiple masternodes.  Cheaper than getting several Raspberry Pis.  Raspberry Pis are fun to play with, especially if you want to add temperature or switch sensing to them.  I have one that texts me when the mailbox door opens and runs cgminer to control some USB miners.

Careful with the lowend offers.  I tried to go cheap($1/mo) and had to ditch it. They would stop the dash process after an hour.  You really only need 256MB of ram and 5GB of space which should be easy to find for around $5/mo.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 09:17:41 PM

To help others on here...what was the file name?  How did you get it...where did it come from?  What file did you think it was that made you click on it?  Thanks....sorry for your lose too.!

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:25:33 PM

To help others on here...what was the file name?  How did you get it...where did it come from?  What file did you think it was that made you click on it?  Thanks....sorry for your lose too.!

I sent you a pm with the information.  It was a nzb file which extracted to a exe (CNN documentary) that looked like a folder (exe had a folder icon) and I wasn't looking and clicked. 

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 09:37:31 PM

Careful with the lowend offers.  I tried to go cheap($1/mo) and had to ditch it. They would stop the dash process after an hour.  You really only need 256MB of ram and 5GB of space which should be easy to find for around $5/mo.

This MN has been active for over a month.  The cost is $6 per year.  Look around and read some reviews.   Smiley

bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2015, 11:05:06 PM

Thanks for your opinion.  I think it's quite obvious that we see DASH coins history and future in 2 very completely different lights.   It would also seem most out there  agree with my thoughts on Dash and more importantly  it's underlying technology.  Our current sustained position on coin market value,  backs me up.  Cheers.
I also see the history of DASH and the future of DASH in completely different lights. The history of DASH is unfortunate however the technology that is being developed now is very good and we have a strong community, and despite the initial emission curve for DASH the distribution of DASH is still relatively good. Learn to live more in the present then in the past. Do not forget the past, history is important, but it is also important to seize the moment. DASH today has some of the best tech and its principles and goals are still in line with decentralization and financial privacy, as long as these things are true I will continue to support this great currency. Smiley

I agree....In here lies my point....Apparently along the way of crypto currency development there was a belief system incubated that crypto currencies were some kind of wealth redistribution/pseudo welfare system.  That is NOT what is going on here....AT ALL!  Crypto Currencies...and DASH are a CURRENCY a medium of exchange!

So yes, just like the initial gold rush of the Yukon and Alaska, those first miners struck it rich.  It wasn't like...."...oh wait till everyone gets here and lets spread this gold among everyone coming to the Klondike" was going on.   Subsequent miners...did not share in that initial bonanza....BUT GOLD IS GOLD...it like what is hoped with happen with DASH as a currency, it gains value over time do to the limited supply, fungiblity and features.

And that is my point....we are not a welfare system, we are a currency.  

I believe in a welfare state...

How weak and pathetic.   Re-read my post....absorb.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
jiggytom
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2015, 11:16:30 PM

If its gone to cryptsy and you alert them now they can track the transaction and identify the IP. They will also have an email address, and you might be able to track that back.

I've sent two URGENT requests asking to freeze. Asked in the troll box to see if there was quicker way of getting holf of bigvern but no joy.
I keep refreshing two different block explorers and that 1000 is still staying in the balance. Surely the perp would have got the whole lot off ASAP???

Thank you so much Honest Tim for doing that.  Hopefully they received those messages in time and froze the account...the 1000 is still there.  Can you try reaching out again to Cryptsy if you get a moment?  I do have a ticket open but status has not moved.

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
Pages: « 1 ... 4690 4691 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 [4740] 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: