Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:40:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 [4742] 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 06:22:49 AM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 06:49:04 AM by qvan

AdamWhite and qvan, If you actually have any concern about instamine--or premine, for that matter--you should be out trolling all of the currencies on coinmarketcap.com that have a "*" next to their market cap.  Start with Ripple and move your way down to Bitshares, NXT, Paycoin, etc. and keep goin' until your wrath has been felt by people who actually deserve it. Those coins are not mineable, completely premined and centralized.

But instead of attacking them, you're here in a true proof of work coin's thread talking about instamine and even premine... You're ignoring the real scams in crypto and are trying to dissuade people from placing their faith in provably fair coins (PoW) like Dash. Sure, each PoW coin may have its differences in emission, but mining is continual, and at least everything is all open and known! All of those initial coins have been traded and re-traded and and that history is proven and unfakeable due to the mining.  The aforementioned NON-mineable coins cannot prove they are not completely under the control of one entity, and thus are not "coins" at all, but rather tokens of someone's centralized ledger.

It makes no sense for you to continually claim things here that are literally irrelevant for a proof of work coin which has been fairly and provably distributed (yes, even building from source in linux and mining in the first hours of official launch is "fair").  Your use of the term premine shows that you actually do not understand its meaning, and shows that you are just repeating key words that you believe newcomers to this thread might react negatively to when they see them, because they may have seen those same negative words used before to (correctly) describe the plethora of actually centralized scam coins (pure PoS).

If you truly and selflessly cared about the crypto community, you would employ your mad troll-skillz to discourage investment in one of the non-mineable 100% premine scam coins, and would support investment into any true PoW coin (including Dash). But your motives are not actually for the good of the community now, are they?

but going after the obvious, the coins with " * " in coinmarketcap.com is no fun at all, it is soooo boooring...i prefer the sneaky one, that lies and kills a coin for its name because of its greed.

dash/dark should have the " * " in coinmarketcap.com

yes it is a proof of work, but with gold donkey(masternode), premine, and reduced supply.........besides nobody can prove that the premine has been fairly and provably distributed.--->big r already admitted that it was not fairly and provably distributed..

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Macrochip

Activity: 465
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 06:57:44 AM

but going after the obvious, the coins with " * " in coinmarketcap.com is no fun at all, it is soooo boooring...i prefer the sneaky one, that lies and kills a coin for its name because of its greed.

Oh coins can be greedy now? Any other human qualities an inanimate object might have? How's elementary school treating you, btw?
Dashcoin dev being a willing sellout to his project isn't "killing a coin", it's only a case of "bagholder-butthurt" .

Not going to happen. The site isn't run by agenda-driven trolltards like you.

besides nobody can prove that the premine has been fairly and provably distributed

LOL - Dash doesn't have to prove shit to you. You're making baseless accusations out of thin air because you've been paid to smear this project or have a serious mental condition. No other explanation exists. YOU make the claim YOU deliver the evidence! Saying "nobody can prove anything" is the weakest, most desperate and most easily refuted argument ever devised and proves the attacker has run out of valid arguments, assuming he ever had any to begin with, which demonstrably isn't the case here.

.--->big r already admitted that it was not fairly and provably distributed..

big r can't "admit" anything (no matter how fat and large you write "not"), he didn't create Dash or was responsible for a "provable" distribution whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. You on the other hand admitted that you don't know the definition of a premine and that you don't have anything of relevance to add other than major butthurt over a missed opportunity to get into Dash. So you pay rent by ranting like a lunatic all day on forums, wishing you wouldn't have to.

coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 07:07:33 AM

We would like to intervene this discussion as a merchant accepting Dash (formerly Darkcoin) for more than a year.

When we evaluate a cryptocoin in order to accept it in our store, there are several parameters including market cap, market volume, volatility (while favoring less volatility), blockchain age, blockchain sync speed, system and algorithm (while favoring PoW), developers' and community's activity (both in terms of social and financial aspect), fairness of distribution of coins.

We should admit that Darkcoin is the first cryptocoin that secures its place in our store after Bitcoin and if Bitcoin was not the first coin in the scene with its wide recognition, it would be in the second place. In other words, no other cryptocoins that is accepted in our store, including Litecoin and Dogecoin, has a guaranteed place and may be dropped out.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
qvan

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 07:50:46 AM

Oh coins can be greedy now? Any other human qualities an inanimate object might have? How's elementary school treating you, btw?
Dashcoin dev being a willing sellout to his project isn't "killing a coin", it's only a case of "bagholder-butthurt" .

Not going to happen. The site isn't run by agenda-driven trolltards like you.

besides nobody can prove that the premine has been fairly and provably distributed

LOL - Dash doesn't have to prove shit to you. You're making baseless accusations out of thin air because you've been paid to smear this project or have a serious mental condition. No other explanation exists. YOU make the claim YOU deliver the evidence! Saying "nobody can prove anything" is the weakest, most desperate and most easily refuted argument ever devised and proves the attacker has run out of valid arguments, assuming he ever had any to begin with, which demonstrably isn't the case here.

.--->big r already admitted that it was not fairly and provably distributed..

big r can't "admit" anything (no matter how fat and large you write "not"), he didn't create Dash or was responsible for a "provable" distribution whatever the fuck that's supposed to mean. You on the other hand admitted that you don't know the definition of a premine and that you don't have anything of relevance to add other than major butthurt over a missed opportunity to get into Dash. So you pay rent by ranting like a lunatic all day on forums, wishing you wouldn't have to.

any proof i'm paid? LOL...let's go lower, why don't you consider that i have no work at all, no wage, poor, stealing internet and electricity..that is alright with me, happy now?

you are the one who don't want to prove shit to me, gonna make some threats now?  Grin

of all my buddies here you are the one who suffer intellectual barrenness..you simply don't have anything to say, just pure rant and rage directed towards me..at least renegademan can make stories  Tongue

Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:10:15 AM

Can anyone explain, if say the cryptsy account holder sends the coin to another account holder, this is a near instantaneous feature so can not allow for confirmations as such, so do the coins follow after (more slowly) or do they stay in the original address and are merely marked down as now owned by the second account holder there after?

Address balances do not reflect account balances. They are only monitored for deposits. After that all transactions take place in the database. The transactions going out are other users withdrawals.

If someone deposits btc and buys DRK then they have no DRK address to pull from. Deposits all go to the same wallet. And the wallet chooses the "best" inputs (aka deposits ) to make up the withdrawal transaction

Thanks for explaining what I suspected, so its no point keeping an eye on the specific address as ownership may have changed.
Just want to say Jiggytom is a respected member of the Dash community and has been around for some time and that most of us (me included) do not have have many coins and typically only have 1 or 2 masternodes and thats it, so your help is gratefully received (and noticed)

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:10:31 AM

I did reach out to them...doubt they can do anything

I did have encryption, but they stole my gmail data so I think I may have used the same pw as the encryption one somewhere..and that's on me.

I'm fucked...feel like my life is ruined.  I don't know what to do anymore.

Shit, sounds like a targeted hacking  Angry
Hope the other one is ok.
(I did the same for a small bitcoin wallet that was not encrypted thats why I asked, never could work out for sure what caused it so deleted loads of sgminer exes and ended up formating in the end anyway just to make sure)

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE

19.18810635 has been moved out, and the balance is still 1000.

If its gone to cryptsy and you alert them now they can track the transaction and identify the IP. They will also have an email address, and you might be able to track that back.

I've sent two URGENT requests asking to freeze. Asked in the troll box to see if there was quicker way of getting holf of bigvern but no joy.
I keep refreshing two different block explorers and that 1000 is still staying in the balance. Surely the perp would have got the whole lot off ASAP???

Thank you so much Honest Tim for doing that.  Hopefully they received those messages in time and froze the account...the 1000 is still there.  Can you try reaching out again to Cryptsy if you get a moment?  I do have a ticket open but status has not moved.

Grab Horus on twitter - he is the main man who will sort you out

https://twitter.com/Horusisthesun

Awesome thanks.. Sent him a DM.

Just noticed the address received another small input... Is that his account directly or some cryptsy masked address?  

That is a Cryptsy deposit address. Just spoke with Horus. We will help any way we can

EDIT: The users deposit address does not reflect their balance on the site. Just want to make that clear

You guys are so professional. Thanks.
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:27:16 AM

We would like to intervene this discussion as a merchant accepting Dash (formerly Darkcoin) for more than a year.

When we evaluate a cryptocoin in order to accept it in our store, there are several parameters including market cap, market volume, volatility (while favoring less volatility), blockchain age, blockchain Tao sync speed ratio, system and algorithm (while favoring PoW), developers' and community's activity (both in terms of social and financial aspect), fairness of distribution of coins.

We should admit that Darkcoin is the first cryptocoin that secures its place in our store after Bitcoin and if Bitcoin was not the first coin in the scene with its wide recognition, it would be in the second place. In other words, no other cryptocoins that is accepted in our store, including Litecoin and Dogecoin, has a guaranteed place and may be dropped out.

This is the only coin that I have mined, followed and got involved with from almost the first day, it has constantly improved and come out with developments that were totally unexpected such as instantX transaction locking and masternode voting for funds donations on development projects.
I have added your website to my favourites for future reference.
Btw, you have reasonable prices on the small gold 1 gram purchases, is usually way too overpriced for a fair purchase, have you seen what they charge in some airports, people have no idea what they should be paying on the spot price!  Roll Eyes

N.B. made a small correction if you don't mind   Wink

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 08:32:04 AM

LTC back bumping along its 006 support wall.
coaex

Activity: 616
Merit: 503

@coaex - LBMA certified Gold & Silver

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 08:58:53 AM

When we evaluate a cryptocoin in order to accept it in our store, there are several parameters including market cap, market volume, volatility (while favoring less volatility), blockchain age, blockchain Tao sync speed ratio, system and algorithm (while favoring PoW), developers' and community's activity (both in terms of social and financial aspect), fairness of distribution of coins.

This is the only coin that I have mined, followed and got involved with from almost the first day, it has constantly improved and come out with developments that were totally unexpected such as instantX transaction locking and masternode voting for funds donations on development projects.
I have added your website to my favourites for future reference.
Btw, you have reasonable prices on the small gold 1 gram purchases, is usually way too overpriced for a fair purchase, have you seen what they charge in some airports, people have no idea what they should be paying on the spot price!  Roll Eyes

N.B. made a small correction if you don't mind   Wink

Thanks for your comments. We aim to provide the best online prices on the market.
In this regard, if there is any additional cost on top of our shown prices at Coaex.com, we reimburse this amount to our customers.
So far, there is no custom tax or additional cost involved in our shipments abroad from Turkey if that's what you mean.

Coaex Precious Metals - Cryptocoin Gold and Silver Bullion
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:44:07 PM

Looks like the monero fanboys got coinmarket cap to add ** against DASH: significantly premined

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.msg11195469#msg11195469
patrolman

Activity: 447

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:44:59 PM

I've made a website for Dash artwork, so it can all be found easily in one place, with the contributors' Dash address for donations (if I could easily find it). https://www.dash.pics/

I've also adapted a bitcoin QR code generator for Dash https://dash.pics/qr/

If you're a contributor and I don't have your address details, feel free to get in touch and I'll put it up for you. If you think I've missed any Dash artwork that is worthy of going up, let me know. I'll continue to post images I find here and on DashTalk. If you'd like your image/s removed for any reason, let me know.

Donations welcome: XodSyee9FXpL2v8vpUDKzaUMwWjqxZ76fk
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:50:26 PM

Looks like the monero fanboys got coinmarket cap to add ** against DASH: significantly premined

It's not the first time. It is legitimately incorrect though - an instamine is not a premine.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 12:51:51 PM

bump with edit to monero devs campaign for the change
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:05:49 PM

Seems easier for them (hi smooth) to try to kill the competition than to come up with some innovations.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:14:46 PM

If that is what smooth and XMR fan boy's are relying on to save their dying coin.  Let  them.... I've been getting some insider  technical feedback on a few of their features and let's just say,  what I'm hearing,  their not something we need to concern ourselves with.

Really...those morons keep confusing currency and company shares.  Let them.   What gives me and many others here comfort is our Dev team quietly moving ahead.  Never stepping down to their level.   Professional.

This speaks volumes.   So... Leave "Smooth and the Gang"  to wallow in the mud.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:19:43 PM

Seems easier for them (hi smooth) to try to kill the competition than to come up with some innovations.

It's not even worth mentioning.  Let's not stoop to their level.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:28:12 PM

I'm a douche.

Fuck off with your coin spam and referral spam.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:28:58 PM

If that is what smooth and XMR fan boy's are relying on to save their dying coin.  Let  them.... I've been getting some insider  technical feedback on a few of their features and let's just say,  what I'm hearing,  their not something we need to concern ourselves with.

Really...those morons keep confusing currency and company shares.  Let them.   What gives me and many others here comfort is our Dev team quietly moving ahead.  Never stepping down to their level.   Professional.

This speaks volumes.   So... Leave "Smooth and the Gang"  to wallow in the mud.  

Your sources are 100% wrong. Monero is god's own gift to the world (give them a few minutes and they will all be here to confirm such).
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 01:30:16 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 02:00:18 PM by smooth

Hi Kai Proctor!

Accurate information on a guide site is not killing the competition, it is just full and fair disclosure. I agree though that there should be some distinction on there between premine and instamine or at least the tag should be changed to "premined or instamined" but I guess it is up to the site to handle how they see fit.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 01:34:04 PM
Last edit: April 27, 2015, 01:53:54 PM by bigrcanada

Wow... Lol.... Just wow.   Roll Eyes

Pages: « 1 ... 4692 4693 4694 4695 4696 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 [4742] 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: