Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:37:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 [4747] 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722503 times)
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:05:59 PM

1% or 35%.

Maybe you should ask coinmarketcap if they think 1% is "significantly" anything. Then ask them about 35%.

I have a feeling they put that word "significantly" there for a reason, but I don't really know.

Between us friends, lets just call that instamined.

No let's not call that instamined because, you know, words have meanings.

OK. Lets revert.

You, as one of the core devs of Monero, around from practically launch day, as far as I can tell, have openly said Monero was purposefully deoptimized from launch.

You may not have known, but the fact is you have said it was scam launched.

Those coins were not burned and you didn't relaunch, for whatever reason - probably the high emission rate benefiting the early adopters, but who really knows.

Monero will have fewer maxcoins than DASH, yet despite launching 3-4 months after Darkcoin, Monero now has 7.4m coins vs DASH at 5.3m

I don't know why I keep trying to be civil with you.

So lets remember what you said about the Monero scam launch with a deoptimized miner that you have, by your deeds as a core dev, condoned:

-snip-
I don't agree that a few percent of the coins mined by someone who optimized the miner is  "significantly" instamined or premined. If we restrict it to the period before the obviously deliberate de-optimization was remove then it is probably 1% or less.-snip-

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:09:34 PM

I did reach out to them...doubt they can do anything

I did have encryption, but they stole my gmail data so I think I may have used the same pw as the encryption one somewhere..and that's on me.

I'm fucked...feel like my life is ruined.  I don't know what to do anymore.

Shit, sounds like a targeted hacking  Angry
Hope the other one is ok.
(I did the same for a small bitcoin wallet that was not encrypted thats why I asked, never could work out for sure what caused it so deleted loads of sgminer exes and ended up formating in the end anyway just to make sure)

http://explorer.darkcoin.io/address/XbNxYiG8xaMuxdbtfCpqbpTkbzMjaXfagE

19.18810635 has been moved out, and the balance is still 1000.

If its gone to cryptsy and you alert them now they can track the transaction and identify the IP. They will also have an email address, and you might be able to track that back.

I've sent two URGENT requests asking to freeze. Asked in the troll box to see if there was quicker way of getting holf of bigvern but no joy.
I keep refreshing two different block explorers and that 1000 is still staying in the balance. Surely the perp would have got the whole lot off ASAP???

Thank you so much Honest Tim for doing that.  Hopefully they received those messages in time and froze the account...the 1000 is still there.  Can you try reaching out again to Cryptsy if you get a moment?  I do have a ticket open but status has not moved.

Grab Horus on twitter - he is the main man who will sort you out

https://twitter.com/Horusisthesun

Awesome thanks.. Sent him a DM.

Just noticed the address received another small input... Is that his account directly or some cryptsy masked address?  

That is a Cryptsy deposit address. Just spoke with Horus. We will help any way we can

EDIT: The users deposit address does not reflect their balance on the site. Just want to make that clear

You guys are so professional. Thanks.

So he ended up selling the Dash, which was the dump we saw yesterday and I now think its at this BTC address: https://blockchain.info/address/1FtRXz2KdjttgSY9ojcQB7mQ5SBmf2cXLz

This user used to be on these forums and may still be under a different name.  Other users have gotten scammed by him as well.  This is one of them: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=644731.0

Looks like he uses mixers later on.  I have IP addresses, pseudonyms, possible names etc...just not sure what to do next.  Should I try to email him directly?  

Thats a though one jiggy!  Maybe post the information on here and see if anyone can help?

The address with my BTC (from DASH) is sitting in : 1FtRXz2KdjttgSY9ojcQB7mQ5SBmf2cXLz (https://blockchain.info/address/1FtRXz2KdjttgSY9ojcQB7mQ5SBmf2cXLz)

Any way to tell if that address is hosted on any sites (coinbase, blockchain, etc?) or if its an actual local wallet?

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:09:45 PM

snip-
While monero is on a witch hunt for premine/instamines, do not forget to have coinmarketcap include the * on bitcoin.

LTC had 450,000 coins mined in 6 hours. I don't see the holier than thou Monero crypto police making similar claims to have LTC listed as instamined.

See, they worship at the alter of shitcoinism.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:12:35 PM

snip-
While monero is on a witch hunt for premine/instamines, do not forget to have coinmarketcap include the * on bitcoin.

LTC had 450,000 coins mined in 6 hours. I don't see the holier than thou Monero crypto police making similar claims to have LTC listed as instamined.

1.2% of the current supply. Not significant.

I have my doubts about LTC being as clean as it is often portrayed for other reasons, but not that one.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:15:53 PM

The monero scam-mine is 1%?  I'm pretty sure it's been stated several times that the the scam-mine was around 5% of the supply. Why now claim it is 1%?  Tomorrow it will be .20%?

Well it is 0% if you want to talk about instamining. There was none.

If you want to talk about the effect of the blatantly de-optimized miner, that was probably <1% (whatever portion of the coins mined by the original scammers in the first 19 days before we fixed it, which couldn't possibly be all of them because other people mined, a lot).

If you want to talk about the effect of some people optimizing the miner better than others, that was perhaps 5%, perhaps less (depends who was mining how much and that is hard to say), and perhaps more or even a lot more. You realize that goes on with every coin forever and there are private X11 (and I assume CryptoNight) miners right now, correct?
sdef2

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:21:22 PM

the launch of ANY coin is probably not perfect.

But it's pretty lame to come here and nag us about our launch while your own coin's launch is not much better !
BagHolder010

Activity: 283
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:21:38 PM

snip-

1.2% of the current supply. Not significant.

I have my doubts about LTC being as clean as it is often portrayed for other reasons, but not that one.

Evan solved problems Bitcoin had, u the CRY BABY Smooth Monero dev could not even solve a simple street corner puzzle or bring anything new to CRYPTO; after copying another coin he's stuck like a cheating student in a math test.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:22:27 PM

1% or 35%.

Maybe you should ask coinmarketcap if they think 1% is "significantly" anything. Then ask them about 35%.

I have a feeling they put that word "significantly" there for a reason, but I don't really know.

Between us friends, lets just call that instamined.

No let's not call that instamined because, you know, words have meanings.

OK. Lets revert.

You, as one of the core devs of Monero, around from practically launch day, as far as I can tell, have openly said Monero was purposefully deoptimized from launch.

You may not have known, but the fact is you have said it was scam launched.

Those coins were not burned and you didn't relaunch, for whatever reason - probably the high emission rate benefiting the early adopters, but who really knows.

Monero will have fewer maxcoins than DASH, yet despite launching 3-4 months after Darkcoin, Monero now has 7.4m coins vs DASH at 5.3m

I don't know why I keep trying to be civil with you.

So lets remember what you said about the Monero scam launch with a deoptimized miner that you have, by your deeds as a core dev, condoned:

-snip-
I don't agree that a few percent of the coins mined by someone who optimized the miner is  "significantly" instamined or premined. If we restrict it to the period before the obviously deliberate de-optimization was remove then it is probably 1% or less.-snip-

smooth is deceptively playing word games again.
when he says 35% he is talking about the current coin supply not the total coin supply. i guess that means that 15-20% of moneros "current coin supply" was instamined.

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:23:28 PM

But it's pretty lame to come here and nag us about our launch while your own coin's launch is not much better !
Funny, it's like comparing a kiss on the cheek to gang-rape.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:25:06 PM

Not funny bad taste comment

Who is paying you guys?  Really?  Is it the banking industry or a government, or are you all just pawns and have no idea?

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:25:19 PM

smooth is deceptively playing word games again.
when he says 35% he is talking about the current coin supply not the total coin supply. i guess that means that 15-20% of moneros "current coin supply" was instamined.

0% of anything was instamined on Monero, and you know it.

If you want to express the effect of the deliberately de-optimized miner in terms of the current supply of monero it would be around 2.5x (roughly 1/2.5 of the nominal total coin supply currently exists), so probably <2.5%.

If you want to express the effect of some people optimizing miners better than others, that might be as much as 12.5% or more if you consider that it goes on forever (for every coin, nothing special about Monero).
farfiman
Legendary

Activity: 1449

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:28:23 PM

Not funny bad taste comment

Who is paying you guys?  Really?  Is it the banking industry or a government, or are you all just pawns and have no idea?
Nobody,  but I can't stand crooked logic and that's what all you smooth attackers are using.
It just hurts to read it..
If I was smooth- I would just stop trying to explain anything- not worth the trouble.

"We are just fools. We insanely believe that we can replace one politician with another and something will really change. The ONLY possible way to achieve change is to change the very system of how government functions. Until we are prepared to do that, suck it up for your future belongs to the madness and corruption of politicians."
Martin Armstrong
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:29:49 PM

LOL farfiman, right.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:30:52 PM

None are perfect but pretty much any reasonable coin, including Monero, is indeed "much better" than almost 600K coins in an hour, almost 2M coins in a day, a bug that created extra coins, an actual supply curve (as shown in the block explorer) that matches none of the published formulas, and then having the future supply cut after the fact. So yes I would say much, much better.

bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 05:33:35 PM

If I was smooth- I would just stop trying to explain anything- not worth the trouble.

GREAT...thats what we've been saying too!   Get your Trollero dev out of our thread is our mutual goal then, lmao! 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
coins101
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:36:18 PM

LOL farfiman, right.

I know. Its so lame.

They admit Monero was scam launched so people were taken for a ride, well - scammed, but its everyone else who is actually a scammer.

That's enough from me about the alpha-grade, scam launched, centralised webwallet, 5k bot-mined, broken pig with pink lipstick, that takes weeks to sync, is accepted hardly anywhere, devs spend most of their time trolling coin.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 05:41:28 PM

Great...you don' t like our coin...now that we are all clear, that you don't like the fact that we had an open vote and decided to not relaunch...for the record, Evan asked for burning of the coins and/or re-launch.  The community said no...ok, do we have this clarified....THE COMMUNITY said no...respect the community mr smooth.  Thanks

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 05:45:14 PM

LOL farfiman, right.

I know. Its so lame.

They admit Monero was scam launched so people were taken for a ride, well - scammed, but its everyone else who is actually a scammer.

That's enough from me about the alpha-grade, scam launched, centralised webwallet, 5k bot-mined, broken pig with pink lipstick, that takes weeks to sync, is accepted hardly anywhere, devs spend most of their time trolling coin.

shhhhhh.  Thats the plan.... Wink love the quality of their product too...notice how its a one trick horse, never hear them compare technology and features.  LOL  WEAK!  "Smooth & the Gang"  banging out the hits!  lol

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
April 27, 2015, 05:49:30 PM

LOL farfiman, right.

I know. Its so lame.

shhhhhh.  Thats the plan.... Wink love the quality of their product too...notice how its a one trick horse, never hear them compare technology and features.  LOL  WEAK!  "Smooth & the Gang"  banging out the hits!  lol

There is plenty of discussion about quality and features on our thread, on our forum, in our status reports (missives), year in review, and development goals documents. None of that gets discussed here because it has nothing to do with dash, unlike issues such as the instamine and coinmarketcap's response to being made aware of it.

It's funny how much you guys talk about Monero here. Must be interesting to you somehow.

Get your Trollero dev out of our thread is our mutual goal then

Why is being challenged in a respectful manner and responses to misinformation about another coin so offensive to you?

Unmoderated coin threads are for open discussion, not promotion and cheerleading.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
April 27, 2015, 05:51:22 PM

Smooth & the Gang

Oh yes...very interesting to me Shocked  LOL  I think you've now officially posted more on our DASH thread then our own DEV has!  even IF at one time there was some merrit to your Trollero...you've managed to screw that up with your trolling - Your a Joke... hahahahahahaha Kiss

Pages: « 1 ... 4697 4698 4699 4700 4701 4702 4703 4704 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 [4747] 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: