Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 09:34:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 [4755] 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:16:02 AM

Fungible Privacy would make sense but no L at the end.
Fundamental Privacy?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:20:41 AM

*********** Part 2: Value: 20 Dash *************

Q: - what aspect of the Dash network technology allows it to optimise each of these technical objectives without doing so at the expense of the cited existing properties (specified in Oblox's answer) ?

The answer is a 2-word phrase. I have used it several times in my posting history. The first word ends in 'L' and the second ends in "Y". The third letter of the second word is 'v'.

MAX TIME TO CLOSE: 24 hrs
REWARD: 20 Dash

(If a correct answer is posted and I don't respond immediatelly it's cos I'm asleep. But the first correct answer in the posting history WILL get a result when I wake up  Wink  )

Functional Diversity
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:24:28 AM

Functional Diversity

I need to make these harder. (Only joking - I didn't expect it that fast because I only just found my own quote after half an hour of looking. Congratulations).

Auxi

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:29:02 AM

Functional Diversity

I need to make these harder. (Only joking - I didn't expect it that fast because I only just found my own quote after half an hour of looking. Congratulations).

Im late lol
Solarminer

Activity: 826
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:29:35 AM

I knew that was it when oblox posted it.  Congrats oblox.

I thought for sure Instantmine to InstantX would come up on the first round.  Grin
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:31:27 AM

Ok. Another 20 Dash has wung its InstantX merry way to Oblox's wallet, including transaction fee for correctly identifying the unique aspect of the Dash network which allows it to persue highly valued bitcoin solutions without compromising existing highly valued properties.

Thanks to Oblox for being so on the ball.

Thanks to all for participating.

Thanks to my 2 masternodes for donating the low hanging fruit which formed tonight's prizes.

Thanks to all thread readers who seem to be invested on intuition rather than knowing why t.f. they're invested. (At least now you know for real  Cheesy )

Goodnight !!!!

BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 01:38:39 AM

I was thinking...wow look, a sh*tcoin trolled CoinMarketCap and got Dash listed as a pre-mine...Lol

also thinking...looks like the market has opened for a credible coin comparison site...any takers? (now that Trollero have nuked trolled that one into submission...)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:03:14 AM

I was thinking...wow look, a sh*tcoin trolled CoinMarketCap and got Dash listed as a pre-mine...Lol

also thinking...looks like the market has opened for a credible coin comparison site...any takers? (now that Trollero have nuked trolled that one into submission...)

Let them Chirp away... They'll find out  soon enough the rest of the world doesn't care about instamine....that it was the same reason why we as a community voted no to relaunch and or burn the coins.    Currency is not wealth redistribution... It's currency that's it. 

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
BlockaFett

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:22:19 AM

Let them Chirp away... They'll find out  soon enough the rest of the world doesn't care about instamine....that it was the same reason why we as a community voted no to relaunch and or burn the coins.    Currency is not wealth redistribution... It's currency that's it.  

Yup. Dash's fortune is not tied to a website like CoinMarketCap, if they are known for showing inaccurate info the markets** will fix that, just like the markets have bubbled Dash to first place after LTC.

**Applies only to coins listed with normal distribution / high volume on major exchanges and not price manipulated by one mall group especially when all traders are reading a single centralized trollbox...

Wealth redistribution... very in-line with the "Orwellian" nature of the group who want to go around the cryptosphere making sure information listed for competitors is "correct" by their standards, trying to delist exchanges with volume they don't like down the memory hole...rushing around BCT trying to control the conversation & what people think to ensure their coin comes out 100% clean whilst using anything they can find to label their competitor as scams, often the same faults they have themselves...and trying to cover it up by constantly banging on about how they 'hate scams'.  exactly the same Orwellian tactics of centralized powers that crypto is supposed to be fighting... the truth is both these group want to control what you think and then take your money ...oh the hypocrisy...Tongue
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:38:22 AM

Considering Coinmarketcap is now blatantly lying, this could use an RT or FAV:

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/592812964798926848

Tao

Tao you need to be more careful with this kind of thing, this can be resolved as a mere misunderstanding as their admin has been offline since he acted prematurely and we are seeking an official answer. But this does not help, we need to be more prudent please and a little patient as everyone is in different time zones.
I get what you're saying, but at the time of posting, no mention had been made of anyone doing anything at all. Sometimes you need to let them know you're out there, and you're not going to put up with their BS. If they are not going to do their due diligence and let some obviously biased trolls sway them into labelling a coin falsely, they need to be called out on it. You guys know that's my style. I cut to the chase. Tao being Tao!

Cheers.

BlockaFett

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 02:49:49 AM

Considering Coinmarketcap is now blatantly lying, this could use an RT or FAV:

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/592812964798926848

Tao

Tao you need to be more careful with this kind of thing, this can be resolved as a mere misunderstanding as their admin has been offline since he acted prematurely and we are seeking an official answer. But this does not help, we need to be more prudent please and a little patient as everyone is in different time zones.
I get what you're saying, but at the time of posting, no mention had been made of anyone doing anything at all. Sometimes you need to let them know you're out there, and you're not going to put up with their BS. If they are not going to do their due diligence and let some obviously biased trolls sway them into labelling a coin falsely, they need to be called out on it. You guys know that's my style. I cut to the chase. Tao being Tao!

Cheers.

Retweeted plus commented that I don't blame them because I guess they got trolled bigtime.  No harm though, it's a big mistake and they made it - pre-mine means some of the mining wasn't decentralized or open to the market, aka prior to the public launch which is false in Dash's case, it' not rocket science...the core team in question i trying now to get CMC to change their definition of 'premine' to include 'instamine' so both Dash and Bytecoin (wtf) can have a single mark to mean "both scams!!!" so Monero can be the only 'anon coin' (they didn't get the memo that 2014 is about *instant* anon coins that actually work / have innovation / development) - CMC need to fix their sh*t, not cool when one well-known troll group get any mileage doing this...premine lol (although i'm pretty sure this will be fixed soon....)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 02:55:27 AM

Cheers.

Retweeted plus commented that I don't blame them because I guess they got trolled bigtime.  No harm though, it's a big mistake and they made it - pre-mine means some of the mining wasn't decentralized or open to the market, it' not rocket science...the core team in question i trying now to get CMC to change their definition of 'premine' to include 'instamine' so both Dash and Bytecoin (wtf) can have a single mark to mean "both scams!!!" so Monero can be the only 'anon coin' (they didn't get the memo that 2014 is about *instant* anon coins) - CMC need to fix their sh*t, not cool when one well-known troll group get any mileage doing this...premine lol (although i'm pretty sure this will be fixed soon....)
Yes, I hope so. Thanks for the RT, and I agree that it is a minor deal if it gets fixed in a timely manner.

gekos

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:09:43 AM

Good to have smooth posting here to keep us right on what's a scam, what isn't, partial scams, adherence to emission curves, distinction between premines, instamines and general crypto ethics.

There is no better place to get the benefit of smooth's wisdom than in the Dash thread  Wink

(His 80's haircut is also the 'business').

P.S. And apparently since I last posted we've now got 2-stars on coinmarketcap - nice !

He is a community agitator

Saul Alinsky's Rules

“Power is not only what you have, but what the enemy thinks you have.” Power is derived from 2 main sources – money and people. “Have-Nots” must build power from flesh and blood.
    “Never go outside the expertise of your people.” It results in confusion, fear and retreat. Feeling secure adds to the backbone of anyone.
    “Whenever possible, go outside the expertise of the enemy.” Look for ways to increase insecurity, anxiety and uncertainty.
    “Make the enemy live up to its own book of rules.” If the rule is that every letter gets a reply, send 30,000 letters. You can kill them with this because no one can possibly obey all of their own rules.
    “Ridicule is man’s most potent weapon.” There is no defense. It’s irrational. It’s infuriating. It also works as a key pressure point to force the enemy into concessions.
    “A good tactic is one your people enjoy.” They’ll keep doing it without urging and come back to do more. They’re doing their thing, and will even suggest better ones.
    “A tactic that drags on too long becomes a drag.” Don’t become old news.
    “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.
    “The threat is usually more terrifying than the thing itself.” Imagination and ego can dream up many more consequences than any activist.
    “If you push a negative hard enough, it will push through and become a positive.” Violence from the other side can win the public to your side because the public sympathizes with the underdog.
    “The price of a successful attack is a constructive alternative.” Never let the enemy score points because you’re caught without a solution to the problem.
    “Pick the target, freeze it, personalize it, and polarize it.” Cut off the support network and isolate the target from sympathy. Go after people and not institutions; people hurt faster than institutions.
jiggytom
Legendary

Activity: 1068
Merit: 1020

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:40:02 AM

who owns (or owned) pool.darkcoin.io?

... PLAY SHARE EARN...
.LBRY...
                            ▄▄███▄▄
                        ▄▄█████▀█████▄▄
                    ▄▄█████▀▀     ▀▀█████▄▄
                ▄▄█████▀▀             ▀▀█████▄▄
            ▄▄█████▀▀                     ▀▀█████▄▄
        ▄▄█████▀▀                             ▀▀█████▄▄
    ▄▄█████▀▀                                     ▀▀███
▄▄█████▀▀                                         ▄▄███
███▀▀                                         ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █▄▄                               ▄▄█████▀▀
███     █████▄▄                       ▄▄█████▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███       ▀▀█████▄▄               ▄▄█████▀▀       ██████
█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄███████
  ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀ ██
      ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀▀█████▀▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
          ▀▀█████▄▄       ▀       ▄▄█████▀▀
              ▀▀█████▄▄       ▄▄█████▀▀
                  ▀▀█████▄▄▄█████▀▀
                      ▀▀█████▀▀
                          ▀
BTC: 174MGp3R5prNbuen31Kx5G5XuyuAXu9jye
LBC: bWYN8NXGKWsgEAd6tQnJ5YRo2Z4r6PjxBH
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 05:57:13 AM

I think Evan did.  It was the "official pool" but the main pool turned into darkcointalk.org pool, and I think it is now dashtalk.org that has the pool.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
aleix
Legendary

Activity: 1779
Merit: 1100

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:42:56 AM

Evan & Ape ruled it in the early stages I think. Good old days  Cool

Now the "official" pool is ruled by Propulsion and helps to pay the forum maintenance.

http://mining.darkcointalk.org

Please join it!
MasterMined710
Legendary

Activity: 1182
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:51:39 AM

Shamir vs. Diffie on Bitcoin  Cool
https://youtu.be/W9HimLksMkA?list=WL

DASH = Digital Cash         FAQ          DASHTALK        DashNews
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:15:16 AM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 08:30:01 AM by coins101

Let me just have a recap on the Darkcoin launch, as I wasn't there.

* Evan was a noob crypto dev when he started Darkcoin.
* He forked Litecoin and set the original max coin supply as ~84m (the same as Litecoin)
* According the DASH/DRK FAQ, around 2m coins were mined in the first 48hrs until the difficulty re-targeting was fixed.
* If DRK had not changed emissions to ~22m, the initial mine would have been 2m out of 84m, which is 2.5%.
* The DRK max coin change means that 2m coins were mined in the first 48 hrs, which amounts to ~9% of DASH max coins.

* Our Trollero friends seem to accept that LTC spewing out 450k LTC in the first few hours of its launch is an acceptable number

snip-
1.2% of the current supply. Not significant.
snip-

In fact, something less than 2.5% of maxcoins spewing out at launch seems to be an acceptable number.

Well, 2m of 84m of DRKs original maxcoin supply is less than 2.5% - which they say is acceptable.

As Darkcoin was a fork from Litecoin, it is probably safe to say that the original difficulty parameters were the same. Evan apparently didn't know about the difficulty re-targeting in Litecoin, being a noob crypto dev at that point.

Well, the Litecoin code is still there:
Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin optimized for CPU mining using scrypt as a proof of work scheme.
- - 2.5 minute block targets
- - subsidy halves in 840k blocks (~4 years)
- - ~84 million total coins
-The rest is the same as bitcoin.
- - 50 coins per block
- - 2016 blocks to retarget difficulty

Seems to me that if it is acceptable for LTC to have a mass dump of coins in its first few hours, then the code it came with did the same for Darkcoin.

Before we move on, let's remember that Satoshi started the trend of making coins easy to get at the start:

You can get coins by getting someone to send you some, or turn on
Options->Generate Coins to run a node and generate blocks.  I made
the proof-of-work difficulty ridiculously easy to start with, so
for a little while in the beginning a typical PC will be able to
generate coins in just a few hours.

So the issue is not that Darkcoin had a fast initial emission of coins, because at the time 2m of 84m was less than 2.5% and according to our Trolleros, that is within the bounds of acceptability.

The issue is that the max coin supply was changed from 84m to 22m.

Well, lets start with Trollero coin.  I seem to remember that they discussed a change to the Trollero coin emission curve, in the same way that the Darkcoin community discussed a change. In fact, both communities had a vote. Here is Trollero coin vote:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=585480.0

Well it seems to me that I remember voting for a change of the Darkcoin coin supply too, just as the Trolleros did:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.msg5824264#msg5824264

So now the original 2.5% of 84m max coins fast mine becomes 9% of 22m DASH, by the community voting for such a change.

So where does that leave the Trolleros?

* Well, it leaves them with a claim that 2m coins of the current supply is ~5m coins is over 35% (9% of maxcoins).
* It also leaves them with a scam mine of their own amounting to a minimum of 2.5% of their own max coin supply, or 13%. But one of the lead 'devs' said the purposefully crippled miners might yield upto upto 12.5% of unfair coin spewage. Well that is 2.2m of max coins, or 30% of current coin supply.

If you add up Trolloros hidden miners, and use their 'dev' figures, you actually get unfair mining spewage of 15%, or 37% of current coin supply.

The Trolleros are very good at changing history to suit their needs.

The trouble is the facts are what matter, and the fact that Monero had a scam launch won't change.

TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:22:00 AM

Shamir vs. Diffie on Bitcoin  Cool
https://youtu.be/W9HimLksMkA?list=WL

I have no idea who Diffie is, but I like him, LOL  And what, there is one big trial of drug trafficking connected to Bitcoin, and one poor kid caught in the middle.  So suddenly Bitcoin has an illicit use problem?  It dims to the darkest grey compared to the use of the US dollar and drugs.  I know you all know this, I'm typing it because I'm in a very craptastic mood, LOL.  Our water main just broke, 1 AM and neighbors came pounding on our door, ugh! Hubby just got it shut off, and is off to the store for some drinking water.  And I'm here wishing I had a punching bag.

Still the video was very funny Smiley

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:30:32 AM

Let me just have a recap on the Darkcoin launch, as I wasn't there.

* Evan was a noob crypto dev when he started Darkcoin.
* He forked Litecoin and set the original max coin supply as ~84m (the same as Litecoin)
* According the DASH/DRK FAQ, around 2m coins were mined in the first 48hrs until the difficulty re-targeting was fixed.
* If DRK had not changed emissions to ~22m, the initial mine would have been 2m out of 84m, which is 2.5%.
* The DRK change means that 2m coins were mined in the first 48 hrs, which amounts to ~9% of DASH max coins.

* Our Trollero friends seem to accept that LTC spewing out 450k LTC in the first few hours of its launch is an acceptable number

snip-
1.2% of the current supply. Not significant.
snip-

In fact, something less than 2.5% of maxcoins spewing out at launch seems to be an acceptable number.

Well, 2m of 84m of DRKs original maxcoin supply is less than 2.5% - which they say is acceptable.

As Darkcoin was a fork from Litecoin, it is probably safe to say that the original difficulty parameters were the same. Evan apparently didn't know about the difficulty re-targeting in Litecoin, being a noob crypto dev at that point.

Well, the Litecoin code is still there:
Litecoin - a lite version of Bitcoin optimized for CPU mining using scrypt as a proof of work scheme.
- - 2.5 minute block targets
- - subsidy halves in 840k blocks (~4 years)
- - ~84 million total coins
-The rest is the same as bitcoin.
- - 50 coins per block
- - 2016 blocks to retarget difficulty

Seems to me that if it is acceptable for LTC to have a mass dump of coins in its first few hours, then the code it came with did the same for Darkcoin.

Before we move on, let's remember that Satoshi started the trend of making coins easy to get at the start:

You can get coins by getting someone to send you some, or turn on
Options->Generate Coins to run a node and generate blocks.  I made
the proof-of-work difficulty ridiculously easy to start with, so
for a little while in the beginning a typical PC will be able to
generate coins in just a few hours.

So the issue is not that Darkcoin had a fast initial emission of coins, because at the time 2m of 84m was less than 2.5% and according to our Trollero, that is within the bounds of acceptability.

The issue is that the max coin supply was changed from 84m to 22m.

Well, lets start with Trollero coin.  I seem to remember that they discussed a change to the Trollero coin emission curve, in the same way that the Darkcoin community discussed a change. In fact, both communities had a vote. Here is Trollero coin vote:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=585480.0

Well it seems to me that I remember voting for a change of the Darkcoin coin supply too, just as the Trolleros did:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=525093.msg5824264#msg5824264

So now the original 2.5% of 84m max coins fast mine becomes 9% of 22m DASH, by the community voting for such a change.

So where does that leave the Trolleros?

* Well, it leaves them with a claim that 2m coins of the current supply is ~5m coins is over 35%.
* It also leaves them with a scam mine of their own amounting to a minimum of 2.5% of their own max coin supply.

The Trolleros are very good at changing history to suit their needs.

The trouble is the facts are what matter, and the fact that Monero had a scam launch won't change.

Actually coins101, I think the problem was because he didn't have his algorithm correct.  I may be remembering incorrectly, but that equation that determines how many coins are rewarded based on hash rate was changed to fix the spewing of coins problem.  Then, when we were trying to woo "investors", we agreed to reduce the number of coins minted over time.  It went from ~80 million coins to ~20 million coins by the insertion in the code of a reduction of 7% per year of coin rewards.  So for the first year, there was no change.  This year, you'll notice, our minimum reward went from 5 coins to 4.65.  And this reduction every year is what is reducing the total possible coins to under 20 million.

Does that help?

The earlier version of this thing:

Block reward is controlled by: 2222222/(((Difficulty+2600)/9)^2) 

The original version was flawed

Pages: « 1 ... 4705 4706 4707 4708 4709 4710 4711 4712 4713 4714 4715 4716 4717 4718 4719 4720 4721 4722 4723 4724 4725 4726 4727 4728 4729 4730 4731 4732 4733 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 [4755] 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: