Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 08:05:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 [4784] 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722622 times)
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1014

Dash Nation Founder | CATV Host

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 08:12:28 PM

So, with Bitcoin now firmly in the hands of the Banks and private interests (Banks have announced that they will be using Bitcoin to transfer funds internationally and to settle accounts, buying and selling to fiat immediately, like merchants, so not really adding anything to the infrastructure, just using it).  Will people continue to support the network?  I'm sure, as long as there is value in Bitcoin, the miners will continue to mine (as centralized as it already is)  But the ~5000 nodes +_ are run by people investing their time and money into running them for the good of the network.  Will they continue to support this?  Are they even individuals anymore?  Have the Banks been supporting Bitcoin all this time under the radar?  How centralized is Bitcoin now?

This could be the death blow to an alternate, fiat free, non-manipulable world currency.
Or just the first real battle we have to win.

Bitcoin is centralized.
Bitcoin is now controlled by private parties (MIT, and probably Banks through MIT)
Bitcoin is not at all fungible.  Hence, coins are colored depending on where they've been used in the past, therefore not interchangeable when places like coinbase won't accept them because they've been through a gambling site, etc...
Bitcoin is submitting itself to be regulated, mostly by the US government.

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have work to do!

https://twitter.com/taoofsatoshi/status/594957526510206977

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 08:15:10 PM

Did I detect somebody promoting toy invisible joke money as a "war against digitial dystopia" on here ?

That must have been the page 5000 warm up comedy.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:23:33 PM

Bad news for California:

California Assembly Moves Forward With Idiotic Plan To Make All Bitcoin Startups Apply For A License

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=50683
Here are some excerpts:

Code:
(b) “Virtual currency” means any type of digital unit that is used as a medium of exchange or a form of digitally 
stored value or that is incorporated into payment system technology. Virtual currency shall be broadly construed
to include digital units of exchange that (1) have a centralized repository or administrator, (2) are decentralized
and have no centralized repository or administrator

There is an online petition available to try and stop this thing:

https://www.change.org/p/matthew-dababneh-california-state-house-california-state-senate-save-buttonwood-sf-withdraw-ab-1326

"....decentralized and have no centralized repository or administrator...."

This is both nonsense and can be applied so widely it would catch someone using a calculator.

This gives them so much room for legal attacks that are made up to suit any situation they like that its not funny.

Sometimes that's a good thing. They have no idea what they're writing, and it gets struck down in the supreme courts Tongue

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 09:31:01 PM

Sometimes that's a good thing. They have no idea what they're writing, and it gets struck down in the supreme courts Tongue

If you end up having to go to the supreme court, then you'll get struck down by bankruptcy first.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:03:24 PM

If you end up having to go to the supreme court, then you'll get struck down by bankruptcy first.

True.  I give up on California.  Their idiocy is beyond repair and I frankly don't care what they do.  LOL

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
conf

Activity: 284
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:07:44 PM

Out off topic (sry)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=348&v=yKORsrlN-2k

,╓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄╓                
            ╓▄█████████████████▄╖           
         ╓▄█████▀▀'▒,,,,,╠'▀▀█████▄,        
       ,▓███▀╜,▄▄███████████▄▄,╙▀████╖      
      ▄███▀ ▄█████▀▀"``╙"▀▀█████▄ ▀███▄     
     ▓███╜╓████▀ ,▄▄█████▄▄, ▀████,╙███▌    
    ▓███`╔███▀ ╓▓███▀▀▀▀▀████╖ ▀███@"███▌   
   ]███▌┌███▌ ▐███         ███▄ ▐███ ▐███,  
   ▐███ ▐███ .███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ▐███ ▐███ '███           ███  ███▌ ███▌  
   ]███@╙███@ ▀██▌        ,▄██▌ ▐███ ▐███`  
    ▓███ ▐███▄ ╙██▀╩     9███╜ ╔███▀,███▌   
     ████,╙███▌               ▓███╜,████    
      ▀███▄ ▀╜                 ▀▀ ▄███▌     
       ╙████▄,                 ╓▄████╜      
         ╙█████▄▄╓,       ,╓▄▄█████▀        
            ▀▀█████████████████▀▀           
                '▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀'

CloakCoin |  Trustless Anonymous Cryptocurrency |  PoSA3
Forum | Bitcointalk | Twitter | Slack |  Facebook |  VK |  Reddit |  CloakTV |  Instagram |  IRC-Chat |  Faucet
VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:14:04 PM

As a techie, I loved data mining technology. As a human being I am outraged at how it is being used by corporate and government interests. I should have seen the dystopia coming, but I didn't.

The dystopic/panoptic aspects of databases have been covered exhaustively since the time of Vonnegeut, Orwell, and Foucault.  I don't understand how you could have possibly missed them (perhaps the same way you missed the scam aspects of Dash?).

Speaking of "corporate interests" please note Dash is 100% autocratically controlled by the centralized DARKCOIN FOUNDATION INC.

Please consider realigning your activities with those of us Monero Mustangs, who still run Wild & FreeTM.

We cypherpunks and extropians have for decades been preparing for this long war against digitial dystopia.

That's why we consider the supposedly easily-removed shortcuts (Reference Node, hardcoded collateral address, spork control, Dear Leader rebranding) Dash takes to be absolutely unacceptable.  Such crapware is a false hope and technological dead end.

By supporting an insta/pre-mined HYIP scam coin like Dash, you do a disservice to those fighting in the trenches for resilient bottom-up decentralized solutions not reliant on trusted third parties and top-down cargo cults.
I think it is a bit unfair the way that you are using rhetoric to support your cause. Since most of us had to discover what the world was really like by our self, most of us where not born into an enlightened environment. Therefore the paradigm shift towards this type of counter culture can happen later in life. Most of us did not see the dystopia coming, and at some point believed in the illusion of mainstream society since most of us where not born into this alternative understanding. Unless you had very special parents, which is how the cycle can be broken. Smiley

I am a supporter of DASH since I think if it did become more widely adopted it would make the world a much better place. Since most cryptocurrencies are profoundly better then fiat currencies and the centralized banking systems that most people use today. I do appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention, since I embrace criticism, so I thank you for that. I just do not think you always go about it in the right way. I have looked up and researched the issues you have mentioned, and I do believe that these points of centralization are just temporary solutions that will be decentralized in the future as is claimed by the developers of DASH.

You are actually making Monero look bad which is not fair on Monero either since you are just an individual speaking out freely and you do not necessarily represent the spirit of the Monero community. I actually hold several anon coins including Monero which I personally think is a great project, I also do love reading George Orwell. We should all just be able to get along, instead of fighting each other we should focus on the bigger picture and bring the cryptocurrency revolution to the rest of the world. Smiley
bluebit25

Activity: 1652
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:16:48 PM

Masternode count going up: http://178.254.18.153/~pub/Darkcoin/masternode_payments_stats.html

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:20:36 PM

As a techie, I loved data mining technology. As a human being I am outraged at how it is being used by corporate and government interests. I should have seen the dystopia coming, but I didn't.
I think it is a bit unfair the way that you are using rhetoric to support your cause. Since most of us had to discover what the world was really like by our self, most of us where not born into an enlightened environment. Therefore the paradigm shift towards this type of counter culture can happen later in life. Most of us did not see the dystopia coming, and at some point believed in the illusion of mainstream society since most of us where not born into this alternative understanding. Unless you had very special parents, which is how the cycle can be broken. Smiley

I am a supporter of DASH since I think if it did become more widely adopted it would make the world a much better place. Since most cryptocurrencies are profoundly better then fiat currencies and the centralized banking systems that most people use today. I do appreciate you bringing these issues to our attention, since I embrace criticism, so I thank you for that. I just do not think you always go about it in the right way. I have looked up and researched the issues you have mentioned, and I do believe that these points of centralization are just temporary solutions that will be decentralized in the future as is claimed by the developers of DASH.

You are actually making Monero look bad which is not fair on Monero either since you are just an individual speaking out freely and you do not necessarily represent the spirit of the Monero community. I actually hold several anon coins including Monero which I personally think is a great project, I also do love reading George Orwell. We should all just be able to get along, instead of fighting each other we should focus on the bigger picture and bring the cryptocurrency revolution to the rest of the world. Smiley
Please, if you can help it, do not feed the trolls. We were doing so well...

VeritasSapere

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:31:01 PM
Last edit: May 03, 2015, 10:45:31 PM by VeritasSapere

I am sorry i could not help my self, at least some inspired writing came out of it. Who knows maybe my last sentence might resonate with some of them. Smiley
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:45:31 PM

Who knows maybe my last sentence might resonate with some of them. Smiley

There's about as much chance of that as a passage of Mozart resonating with a dead hippo but nice try anyway. Your inspired prose will find its way to more fertile minds.
TaoOfSaatoshi
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:48:19 PM

I am sorry i could not help my self, at least some inspired writing came out of it. Who knows maybe my last sentence might resonate with some of them. Smiley
Yes, it was very eloquent, and I agree completely, but the twisted minds of the sideshow clowns will probably take that well reasoned piece of writing and turn it against you somehow. The last few pages were a joy to read, either "this user is currently ignored", or relevant Dash conversation mixed with some off topic fun. I hope we will have the discipline as a community to continue to not give in to these idiots.  Cheesy

iCEBREAKER
Legendary

Merit: 1072

Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:49:16 PM

Thank you for a sincere response to a sincere post.

How do you feel about the immediate characterization of my post as "trolling?"

Isn't that a completely typical DashHole cultist reaction to well-founded critiques and pertinent observations?

As for the "temporary points of centralization" please understand that such expedient measures have a way of becoming ingrained, and the technical obstacles to removing them would require innovation on the order of Satoshi Consensus (a rare, once in an epoch, great step for Mankind comparable to the moon landing).

I'd like to believe Duffman is another Satoshi, but let's keep it real here.  He isn't.  And thus your supremely lofty expectations of his abilities are not reasonable.  

For example, one does not simply "decentralize the Reference Node."  Let's admit those who claim the Reference Node, hardcoded collateral address, and Spork remote killswitch may be disposed of with normative efforts are being intentionally dishonest when they portray these 'shortcuts' as conceivably (much less trivially) replaceable in a manner compatible with the diffuse/distributed/resilient and thus antifragile ethos of Bitcoin.

Please understand why your pleas for ecumenical solidarity with Monero are being and will always be rejected on face.

We are fans of XMR precisely because it features qualities lacking (or even rejected) by Dash.

You know the score, and can see why we won't ever find common cause with a coin which was initially closed source (an unforgivable sin) and stealth/ambush-launched/mined previous to the announced release schedule (another blasphemy against Lord Nakamoto).

The closed source, the shady release and resulting sketchy instamine, the unapologetic (supposed) community embrace of that history, the multiple centralized features claiming to be only temporary, and the autocratic vibe of Dash development all prevent us Monero Mustangs from ever wanting DashHoles in our foxholes, and require us to speak out.

██████████
█████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████████████
████
████████████████████████
█████
███████████████████████████
█████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████
██████████████████████████
█████
█████████████
██████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████
██████████

Monero
"The difference between bad and well-developed digital cash will determine
whether we have a dictatorship or a real democracy." 
David Chaum 1996
"Fungibility provides privacy as a side effect."  Adam Back 2014
Buy and sell XMR near you
P2P Exchange Network
Buy XMR with fiat
Is Dash a scam?
TanteStefana2
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 10:55:57 PM

I know I sound a little like I'm nuts, or a conspiracy theorist when I say this, but people like Icebreaker are not interested in what is right or good, they're being paid to troll here, I'm sure of it.  Why?  Well, I suspect banking interests or a government, but I doubt he would know why someone is paying him.  If you look into his history, you will discover who he really is and what kind of person he is. 

Anyway, totally with you on growing up.  My parents were gung ho new American citizens.  Mom made me learn America the Beautiful and the Star Spangled Banner as a kid.  She was very proud of becoming and American citizen, and when I talk politics to her, you can see her waffle when she agrees on a criticism of the country, LOL.  I think my journey that has led me here, to this point in time, has been slow but steady.  By the time I finally looked into Bitcoin in the beginning of 2014, I was already turning.  I still love my country, there were many good things about it, but it's been destroyed slowly but surely since I can remember by politicians.  The way I see it, this is the best chance we have to take back control over our government which is no longer for the people by the people.

Rux
Legendary

Activity: 1291
Merit: 1024

https://crypto.ba

View Profile WWW
May 03, 2015, 10:56:16 PM

i added one more to that list Wink

RXC Crypto.ba Decentralized solutions!
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
May 03, 2015, 11:13:56 PM

people like Icebreaker are not interested in what is right or good, they're being paid to troll here, I'm sure of it.  Why?  Well, I suspect banking interests or a government

Indeed. Anybody that pushes cryptonote tech is either a useful idiot or working for exactly those interests.

How to 'take down crypto', old guard style:

- get rid of the publicly accountable blockchain
 - sell it as the opposite of what it is: an open goal for 3rd party subversion
 - parachute in an 'ultra secure' tech that nobody knows where came from except you
 - employ a few human drones to go round poking people's eye's out if they don't swallow your medicine
BlockaFett

Activity: 392
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:06:19 AM

What's with the Trollero ambush-marketing squad.  Is MyMonero down again?  Huh

Lebubar
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:10:53 AM
Last edit: May 04, 2015, 04:01:01 AM by Lebubar

As Splawik12 appears to be sleeping :

2 pages to 5K!

Edit : oups 2!

Edit2: back in the past... 4 now!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 12:40:39 AM

In Code We Trust
http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/05/03/magazine/in-code-we-trust.html?smid=fb-share&_r=2&referrer
someredguy

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 04, 2015, 01:28:05 AM

The researchers should use this thread for their "troll detection".

http://www.economist.com/news/business-and-finance/21650102-new-research-suggests-it-possible-identify-online-troublemakers-they-strike-proactive?fsrc=scn/tw/te/bl/ed/internetttrolls

http://arxiv.org/abs/1504.00680

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/34rqsa/meta_researchers_find_an_algorithm_can_spot/

Dash - Fast, anonymous, digital cash.  http://www.dash.org
Pages: « 1 ... 4734 4735 4736 4737 4738 4739 4740 4741 4742 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 [4784] 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 4793 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: