Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:38:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 [4793] 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722507 times)
bigrcanada

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 12:50:59 AM

Have a withdrawal of 49 DASH  that I never made, happen on my masternodes wallet.  The amounts look like MN payments... this has happened twice now...another wallet had 66 DASH withdrawn? 
?
I think he's saying there have been two times coins have been sent out of his wallet that he didn't do himself. It sounds like he might be drunk on his own product and just doesn't remember doing it  Grin
That's what i thought :-)  It's not logical that someone stole just part of MN wallet, no?

Ok gentlemen...here's the scenario.  I have one wallet holding the wallet of 10 MN's in it....the wallet shows 49
DASH being "minused" but does not provide a wallet address just a transaction ID.

on a second wallet I have another 10MN's on it.  it shows 66 DASH being "minused" same as above.

It does show what looks like MN payment amounts like 2.3DASH etc being lumped together in the total of the 49 DASH.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 12:52:14 AM

Have a withdrawal of 49 DASH  that I never made, happen on my masternodes wallet.  The amounts look like MN payments... this has happened twice now...another wallet had 66 DASH withdrawn? 

Did you or someone else set-up the masternodes?

Is someone managing the nodes for you?

Yes...splawik, but he's sleeping I'm sure.  He's been awesome with helping me but I'm trying to also help myself and learn how this all works.

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:03:56 AM

Have a withdrawal of 49 DASH  that I never made, happen on my masternodes wallet.  The amounts look like MN payments... this has happened twice now...another wallet had 66 DASH withdrawn?  

Yes...splawik, but he's sleeping I'm sure.  He's been awesome with helping me but I'm trying to also help myself and learn how this all works.

Hm, he will find what happen himself or with help I'm sure. And I 'd like to know.
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 01:36:52 AM

Have a withdrawal of 49 DASH  that I never made, happen on my masternodes wallet.  The amounts look like MN payments... this has happened twice now...another wallet had 66 DASH withdrawn?  

Yes...splawik, but he's sleeping I'm sure.  He's been awesome with helping me but I'm trying to also help myself and learn how this all works.

Hm, he will find what happen himself or with help I'm sure. And I 'd like to know.

I'm wondering if its because I have the wallet addresses mirrored from a master wallet to the 2 new wallets i created that its showing this.  Like the coins are being pulled back to the master wallet....I know I'm not articulating this properly...but I hope it makes sense.

tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:48:52 AM

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 01:51:53 AM

New Statue in Germany Illustrates Just How Much the Rest of the World Opposes the U.S. Police State

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/life-size-bronze-statues-snowden-assange-manning-unveiled-berlin-heroes-lost-freedom-speaking-truth/#rGlJ6ofwPP8bCCxq.99

(good on you german friends)
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:14:42 AM

i see you guys a desperate for Page 5000 ?

should i give it a shot ?
i think i have enough images  Wink
ilic

Activity: 535
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:17:18 AM

This article is interesting:

"Nepali state seizes all private bank accounts and all deposits will be automatically transferred to the prime minister's relief fund."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114158/nepali-state-to-seize-all-relief-funds-from-bank-accounts

And people wonder why we need privacy, if DASH and BTC was more widespread and adopted then people wouldnt have their finds seized by the Government.

Good free and easy Bitcoin Faucet thingy: https://freebitco.in/?r=9293711
Do not invest in HYIPs people, however you can put some into iCenter: https://t.me/icenter_bot?start=j5t25s58148
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 02:26:10 AM

This article is interesting:

"Nepali state seizes all private bank accounts and all deposits will be automatically transferred to the prime minister's relief fund."

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114158/nepali-state-to-seize-all-relief-funds-from-bank-accounts

And people wonder why we need privacy, if DASH and BTC was more widespread and adopted then people wouldnt have their finds seized by the Government.

good post !!
this is totally ridiculous, specially in a country like nepal where corruption is written all over it !
good on CT for that story !
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 02:29:18 AM

I'm wondering if its because I have the wallet addresses mirrored from a master wallet to the 2 new wallets i created that its showing this.  Like the coins are being pulled back to the master wallet....I know I'm not articulating this properly...but I hope it makes sense.
There is a common misunderstanding about how wallet works and I'd like to make it clear once again: there are no coins in a wallet actually, only private keys. All your coins are always on blockchain and wallet just gives you access to them by "unlocking" them in blockchain with your private keys allowing you to move coins to another address (i.e. to be secured by another private keys). So when you have "mirrored addresses" you actually have private keys (i.e. access to your coins on blockchain) in both wallets and if you move coins in one wallet you actually move them on blockchain. And if you sent some from that second wallet to another address you might used some inputs from the address that 10MN-wallet knows about.
Let me guess... Did you mix non-1K funds in your second wallet?  Roll Eyes

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:19:23 AM

I'm wondering if its because I have the wallet addresses mirrored from a master wallet to the 2 new wallets i created that its showing this.  Like the coins are being pulled back to the master wallet....I know I'm not articulating this properly...but I hope it makes sense.
There is a common misunderstanding about how wallet works and I'd like to make it clear once again: there are no coins in a wallet actually, only private keys. All your coins are always on blockchain and wallet just gives you access to them by "unlocking" them in blockchain with your private keys allowing you to move coins to another address (i.e. to be secured by another private keys). So when you have "mirrored addresses" you actually have private keys (i.e. access to your coins on blockchain) in both wallets and if you move coins in one wallet you actually move them on blockchain. And if you sent some from that second wallet to another address you might used some inputs from the address that 10MN-wallet knows about.

NO! I'm not  moron. These three wallets are only used for MN's!  I do No NOT do
transactions from these wallets.  The setup is  1 main wallet on one machine,  then w2 priv  wallets with 10 MN's in each of the second priv wallets on 2 other machines.

I these are all in separate machines,  3 computers.  The main is not connected to the Internet.  I have a 4th separate computer that has tx usable dash for mixing etc.  And a 5th android device wallet as well exchange wallets.

This whole ecosystem,  IE All Crypto Currency,  is not easy to understand or use.  My back ground,  for example,  before the winery,  I owned an IT company implementing network solutions with Novel and Windows NT,  early 90's.  Building systems for school boards and medical offices etc... When u had to set up IRQ and DMA settings on network cards on token ring and the cluster *#+a that was hardware back in the day.  I Was one of the first companies to roll out digital xray systems for dental offices etcetera...

So I know my way around computers and what I'm saying as I've said many times before this stuff it's  NOT intuitive.  Even Using wallets and it's features is NOT easy for everyday Joe.

There seems to be a prevailing attitude among the crypto community,  all crypto coins techies,  suffer a lack of empathy for the average Joe.

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:30:08 AM

transactions from these wallets.  The setup is  1 main wallet on one machine,  then w2 priv  wallets with 10 MN's in each of the second priv wallets on 2 other machines.

I these are all in separate machines,  3 computers.  The main is not connected to the Internet.  I have a 4th separate computer that has tx usable dash for mixing etc.  And a 5th android device wallet as well exchange wallets.

This whole ecosystem,  IE All Crypto Currency,  is not easy to understand or use.  My back ground,  for example,  before the winery,  I owned an IT company implementing network solutions with Novel and Windows NT,  early 90's.  Building systems for school boards and medical offices etc... When u had to set up IRQ and DMA settings on network cards on token ring and the cluster *#+a that was hardware back in the day.  I Was one of the first companies to roll out digital xray systems for dental offices etcetera...

So I know my way around computers and what I'm saying as I've said many times before this stuff it's  NOT intuitive.  Even Using wallets and it's features is NOT easy for everyday Joe.

There seems to be a prevailing attitude among the crypto community,  all crypto coins techies,  suffer a lack of empathy for the average Joe.

It sounds like a coin toss as to whether your coins were ripped off or whether they were moved by accident. As you say you might have some confusion going on. I don't think udjin meant any insult. You should shut you masternodes down, get control of your coins, double check that they are super duper secure then start over if you really are spooked.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:34:59 AM

This whole ecosystem,  IE All Crypto Currency,  is not easy to understand or use.  My back ground,  for example,  before the winery,  I owned an IT company implementing network solutions with Novel and Windows NT,  early 90's.  Building systems for school boards and medical offices etc... When u had to set up IRQ and DMA settings on network cards on token ring and the cluster *#+a that was hardware back in the day.  I Was one of the first companies to roll out digital xray systems for dental offices etcetera...

I couldn't agree more Bigrcanada! The complexities of how the wallet's handle change addresses, how many addresses are in their internal pool they generate and the specific circumstances of when a wallet generates a new address in addition to those in the pool that may not end up in your wallet.dat backup is way way too complicated!

Until we work out ways to negate all of this silly technobabble talk around this stuff, crypto will just be a hobby realm for propeller heads as it's still just way too easy for people to lose their coins. Look at what happened with Camosoul all those months back when he went into complete meltdown on RC4's release and almost lost 5K of DRK (or thereabouts, can't remember the specifics) as his main wallet.dat and then backup wallet.dats became corrupted.

Honestly, guys this (what Bigrcanada's just experienced) and the difficulties of converting fiat to crypto and back again I see as the two biggest stumbling blocks to adoption and the key areas that need to be addressed.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:36:51 AM

It sounds like a coin toss as to whether your coins were ripped off or whether they were moved by accident. As you say you might have some confusion going on. I don't think udjin meant any insult. You should shut you masternodes down, get control of your coins, double check that they are super duper secure then start over if you really are spooked.

Thanks.  Not spooked.. These systems are rarely on the Internet other then updating.   On my master wallet system it shows no funds moving anywhere.

My question is more out of curiosity... Why did the priv key secondary wallets on the 2 different machines show funds being subtracted... Yet the master wallet did not reflect this...  A technical question as I'm building understanding of who all this works. Thanks.

bigrcanada

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:40:35 AM

This whole ecosystem,  IE All Crypto Currency,  is not easy to understand or use.  My back ground,  for example,  before the winery,  I owned an IT company implementing network solutions with Novel and Windows NT,  early 90's.  Building systems for school boards and medical offices etc... When u had to set up IRQ and DMA settings on network cards on token ring and the cluster *#+a that was hardware back in the day.  I Was one of the first companies to roll out digital xray systems for dental offices etcetera...

I couldn't agree more Bigrcanada! The complexities of how the wallet's handle change addresses, how many addresses are in their internal pool they generate and the specific circumstances of when a wallet generates a new address in addition to those in the pool that may not end up in your wallet.dat backup is way way too complicated!

Until we work out ways to negate all of this silly technobabble talk around this stuff, crypto will just be a hobby realm for propeller heads as it's still just way too easy for people to lose their coins. Look at what happened with Camosoul all those months back when he went into complete meltdown on RC4's release and almost lost 5K of DRK (or thereabouts, can't remember the specifics) as his main wallet.dat and then backup wallet.dats became corrupted.

Honestly, guys this (what Bigrcanada's just experienced) and the difficulties of converting fiat to crypto and back again I see as the two biggest stumbling blocks to adoption and the key areas that need to be addressed.

Thank you... That is exactly what I intended to say.  This is true to all crypto.   We need to work on these 2 areas... And not just more technical features. Otherwise... There is No hope for adoption.

g4q34g4qg47ww

Activity: 478
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:47:33 AM

Thanks.  Not spooked.. These systems are rarely on the Internet other then updating.   On my master wallet system it shows no funds moving anywhere.

My question is more out of curiosity... Why did the priv key secondary wallets on the 2 different machines show funds being subtracted... Yet the master wallet did not reflect this...  A technical question as I'm building understanding of who all this works. Thanks.

It's weird enough that you should be spooked. If someone had control of the wallet they might withdraw profits while allowing the nodes to continue drawing interest until they smelled the heat. About the master wallet, it would show no balance change if it was not synced yet, is it fully synced? The blockchain is the the 'truth' in this case, so look on an explorer.

tldr: start from scratch after having mixed the coins and use any guide other than Tao's, but it sounds like its the cold wallet that is compromised.
bertlebbert

Activity: 125
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:50:46 AM

Thank you... That is exactly what I intended to say.  This is true to all crypto.   We need to work on these 2 areas... And not just more technical features. Otherwise... There is No hope for adoption.

Could it be those transactions don't show in Master wallet because it is not updated (you mention it is not connected to the internet)?
UdjinM6
Legendary

Activity: 1318
Merit: 1040

View Profile WWW
May 06, 2015, 04:54:07 AM

Err... I didn't mean it.. "All this crypto is very confusing and I want to help" - that what I tried to say and also to explain how it works.. Sorry if it sounded wrong.. I have no idea why Satoshi called this software a "wallet" while it should be a "key holder" or smth like that - I've seen lots of confusion coming from that. I had hard times personally explaining all this crypo to my close friend who also know his way around computer. I just know it's not that easy to get it.

Anyway... mind sharing more specific info in email (txid for a start)? UdjinM6@dashpay.io

DASH: XsV4GHVKGTjQFvwB7c6mYsGV3Mxf7iser6
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 04:59:53 AM

sorry man
but i do NOT agree

i am average Joe when it comes to computers,
and the key is to have a simple, save system in place !

why are you using 4 - 5  different devices ?
you totally lost me there already and probably yourself as well  Wink

i would start from scratch and make sure it is simple and save and done
no problems here
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
May 06, 2015, 05:02:30 AM

thats why i am working so hard on guides
to make it easier for myself and all the other Joe's out there

feel free to check it out
https://dashtalk.org/threads/wallet-set-up-security-guides-all-formats-updated-14th-april-2015.4163/
Pages: « 1 ... 4743 4744 4745 4746 4747 4748 4749 4750 4751 4752 4753 4754 4755 4756 4757 4758 4759 4760 4761 4762 4763 4764 4765 4766 4767 4768 4769 4770 4771 4772 4773 4774 4775 4776 4777 4778 4779 4780 4781 4782 4783 4784 4785 4786 4787 4788 4789 4790 4791 4792 [4793] 4794 4795 4796 4797 4798 4799 4800 4801 4802 4803 4804 4805 4806 4807 4808 4809 4810 4811 4812 4813 4814 4815 4816 4817 4818 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: