Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:13:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 [4869] 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722550 times)
splawik21
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1005

DASH is the future of crypto payments!

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:04:53 PM

Tok have I told you I love your summaries? Smiley
It`s a good feeling to bet on the right horse.
Ready for testing....2 weeks ahhh ... Smiley

BE SMART, USE DASH ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
coingun

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:31:10 PM

Did my best to summarize the update for the layman.

https://dashdot.io/alpha/?p=143

Still finishing off the budgeting description so that will still see an update later today.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:35:39 PM

Still finishing off the budgeting description so that will still see an update later today.

Tx coingun
this is really cool and explanatory for us tech nobs !
tx
Honest Tim

Activity: 768
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 01:52:09 PM

Hey Beavis, it's......

Yeah!! yeah!! yeah!! It's..... It's.........It's....................

https://fallout.bethsoft.com/
TheDasher

Activity: 346
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:11:43 PM

ATH masternode count

Nobody cares!

The DASH rebrand hype was short-lived, and is over now:

Meanwhile, *crickets* wonder what happened to Masternode blinding...

Masternode blinding is not a favourite topic of discussion for the DASH folks.  Neither is Privacy.  Neither is the Instamine.  Neither is centralization.  Neither is the Bus factor of 1.
Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:37:26 PM

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Are you shitting me ??
There's nothing on earth you can do to convince me to buy this coin, unless you start with another blockchain, from 0, without instamining and manipulating like a greedy pig.

So Jealously!!
BrainShutdown
Legendary

Activity: 1052
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:41:23 PM

Tx coingun
tx

Really good! Thank you coingun.

Kienbui

Activity: 478

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 02:52:36 PM

Great! Thank you!
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:16:37 PM

nice update, of the update.
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:36:51 PM

Tx coingun
tx
Indeed! Thanks coingun!
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 03:46:16 PM

Trezor Offers Password-less Login to Other Websites; Adds Dash

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114456/trezor-offers-password-less-login-to-other-websites-adds-dash
kointrend

Activity: 655
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 04:25:20 PM

nice update, of the update.

ok, then we have 8000 coins per month for developing and marketing, starting december 2015. Developers from other coins can work on dash, get paid in dash (3000 dollar or more / month), and even can use their dash code in their own coin projects.
Man, that is cool.
I like it, I twitt it!
bluebit25

Activity: 1652
Merit: 292

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:04:13 PM
Last edit: June 03, 2015, 05:19:56 PM by bluebit25

I'm trying to understand this masternode system correctly. Currently, masternodes get paid less than $2 per day. That's not a lot. It takes 1,000 DASH to buy a Masternode. Where does the money that pays these nodes come from? From the miners?

More Masternodes = Price up initially to buy 1, then its Dash price slowly goes down each time the masternode owner decides to sell some of his earned DASH. So basically want is happening is that the value from the miners get's transfered to masternode owners.

Let's say lots of people want DASH for multiple reasons: anonymous, fast, voting, decentralized, etc. and the price rises a lot. This would mean that it would cost more to buy a Masternode. The higher the price, the more money you need to buy one. That means, that eventually, the growth of masternodes will slow down with price rises. But...the higher the price of 1 masternode, the more the owners get paid per day? So would it be possible to get paid $15 per day for 1 masternode in the future? Would that cause more people to buy masternodes?

Will miners eventually stop mining when there are no more blocks left in the future? In how many years? Would that be the end of DASH? Masternode owners not getting paid.

Oh I totally forgot this essential part: Masternodes get paid to mix coins. Now it all makes sense to me. If you want your coins mixed you got to pay for this service, and I'm sure other services might be added to Masternodes in the future.

Do Masternode owners get paid if a user does Instasend or Darksend?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"

▬▬▬▬▬
bluebit25

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 05:16:32 PM

would like to trade DASH/BitUSD somewhere

You can't trade DASH/BitUSD yet, but you can ask the Bitshares devs to implement this.

https://poloniex.com or Cryptsy

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
pille

Activity: 436

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:22:13 PM

I'm trying to understand this masternode system correctly. Currently, masternodes get paid less than $2 per day. That's not a lot. It takes 1,000 DASH to buy a Masternode. Where does the money that pays these nodes come from? From the miners?

More Masternodes = Price up initially to buy 1, then its Dash price slowly goes down each time the masternode owner decides to sell some of his earned DASH. So basically want is happening is that the value from the miners get's transfered to masternode owners.

Let's say lots of people want DASH for multiple reasons: anonymous, fast, voting, decentralized, etc. and the price rises a lot. This would mean that it would cost more to buy a Masternode. The higher the price, the more money you need to buy one. That means, that eventually, the growth of masternodes will slow down with price rises. But...the higher the price of 1 masternode, the more the owners get paid per day? So would it be possible to get paid $15 per day for 1 masternode in the future? Would that cause more people to buy masternodes?

Will miners eventually stop mining when there are no more blocks left in the future? In how many years? Would that be the end of DASH? Masternode owners not getting paid.

Oh I totally forgot this essential part: Masternodes get paid to mix coins. Now it all makes sense to me. If you want your coins mixed you got to pay for this service, and I'm sure other services might be added to Masternodes in the future.

Actually its ~ 18%/annual, not bad I think? Imagine a price of 100$/DASH -> 1500$/MN/month (with current MN count), nice.

Will bitcoin die when block reward going down to zero? no! The fees from transactions will pay the miners then. same for DASH (plus maybe fees for the services DASH offer).
Minotaur26
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 05:40:53 PM

OK, let me try to help. You don't "buy" masternodes, a masternode is a Dash full node that besides basic services like propagating messages and securing the network also provide special services like mixing and securing instant transactions, all coins need full nodes but most coins only use them for the basic functions inherited from Bitcoin. In the case of Dash there is added value functionality that is provided by the full nodes.   The 1000DASH is a collateral that establishes a bond of trust between the masternode and the network and prevents Sybil attacks, because people can't just create a bunch of full nodes for free to attack the network, this makes the masternode network really secure.  In this sense the 1000DASH are a collateral, you don't "buy" a masternode as you never give up control of your 1000DASH to anyone you always retain control of your coins and your are free to sell them whenever you like. Obviously if you sell them your node stops running and you stop getting paid as you are no longer providing a service.

For providing different services, Masternodes operators get paid a portion of the block rewards,exactly like miners, this portion is divided between all existing masternodes, exactly like miners too,  so the more masternodes there are the less money they get for providing these services. This creates a natural market dynamic that depends on market sentiment and investor confidence, if investors perceive less risk they are willing to take a smaller reward and thus the masternode count continues to rise. When the market feels the rewards are too little it may correct, so on and so forth. It is a self correcting system. The Dash full node network is serving its purpose really well and more services will be added on top of the already existing ones.

You can easily calculate your payments in Dash from running a masternode, just like you can calculate your payments from mining. Right now a Dash full node operator gets around 0.5 DASH per day, if you think of that based on the exchage rate today that comes out to be like 1.50 USD per day that is around 550 USD year,  while you hold around 3000 USD worth of Dash as collateral for your full node to run and are free to sell that at any time, is not bad.  But in reality just like with mining people are not running master nodes for the current exchange rate, you run masternodes to accumulate Dash now, so that you can potentially realize gains in the future at much better exchange rates or just directly spend Dash for goods and services. So just like mining people take a risk now as they see a lot of upside potential.

About a future where running a masternode requires a larger amount in FIAT terms as collateral due to price appreciation, I think that is a future everyone is hoping for.  The collateral requirement could always be lowered when that time comes or people can take advantage of shared masternoding which is already very popular and there are several services available for that, just like pool mining.  I hope this clarifies a little.
bluebit25

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2015, 06:03:54 PM

When a masternode owner get's paid, are those new Dash locked like the other 1000 Dash or can the masternode owner sell them right away?

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
Mars,           
here we come!
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ElonCoin.org.
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it

▬▬▬▬▬
Sub-Ether

Activity: 434

Quantum entangled and jump drive assisted messages

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:07:58 PM

Think this is it,
(everything to the masternodes?)

InstantX = 0.01
Darksend = 0.001
Darksend rounding off extra charge (to make up anonymous denominations 1,.1,.01,.001), depending on the amount you send it can be  .1-.000001

I am not sure how many masternodes there were but I think the $15 per day per node has been beaten already when the price was 1 darkcoin= $15 at 0.027 btc last year in June 2014 because there were way less than 1000 masternodes so everyone would have been getting larger payouts on a daily basis, (although the payout was only 10% of mining at the start)
(Its not on Crowning's masternode chart, anyone with a node at that time can tell you)

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sub-Ether

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:11:18 PM

When a masternode owner get's paid, are those new Dash locked like the other 1000 Dash or can the masternode owner sell them right away?

The payout is to a different address(the 1k stays the same), either to the same wallet or a different one(via a donation address), it is not locked and can be sent via the enable expert coin features if from same 1k wallet.

Dash is 27.3 times faster with syncing and updating than Bitcoin and 93.7 times faster than Monero. Bitcoin (v0.11.0) has a Tao ratio 11.2% faster than bitcoin (v0.10.0) release.
Dash (v.0.12.0.49) = Tao sync ratio = 0.15 seconds / hour of update || Dash (v.0.11.2.23) = Tao sync ratio = 0.24 seconds / hour of update. V12 versus V11 speedup = +36.5%
Bitcoin (v.0.11.0) = Tao sync ratio = 4.14 seconds / hour of update || Monero (v.0.41.1)  = Tao sync ratio = 14.2 seconds / hour of update
Sub-Ether

View Profile
June 03, 2015, 06:13:46 PM

We're not very much different than BTC - we just have a lot more cool features :-D

I'm sure somebody else will fill in my blanks - lol

Corrected  Grin

Pages: « 1 ... 4819 4820 4821 4822 4823 4824 4825 4826 4827 4828 4829 4830 4831 4832 4833 4834 4835 4836 4837 4838 4839 4840 4841 4842 4843 4844 4845 4846 4847 4848 4849 4850 4851 4852 4853 4854 4855 4856 4857 4858 4859 4860 4861 4862 4863 4864 4865 4866 4867 4868 [4869] 4870 4871 4872 4873 4874 4875 4876 4877 4878 4879 4880 4881 4882 4883 4884 4885 4886 4887 4888 4889 4890 4891 4892 4893 4894 4895 4896 4897 4898 4899 4900 4901 4902 4903 4904 4905 4906 4907 4908 4909 4910 4911 4912 4913 4914 4915 4916 4917 4918 4919 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: