Bitcoin Forum
June 07, 2024, 03:06:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722648 times)
mannie

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 10:57:06 PM

It's pleasing to see DRK's price in a relatively steady uptrend. Shows the potential  Grin
mikeroz

Activity: 139

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:21:09 PM

11 btc sell order who would sell all those xD

17 now, i dont think thats really a sell wall, they just like the price range as it is now

Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:51:47 PM

Note that both of these have large effects on the price of any coin that goes on them because they enable direct CNY trading (CNY = Chinese Yuan). If you look at the transaction volume of DOGE and VTC, about 20% if it comes from DOGE/CNY and VTC/CNY trades rather than BTC pairs.

We *need* a Chinese webpage explaining what DRK does and a Chinese wallet translation to help these new DRK users. Any speakers out there?

Also, VOTE.

Agreed, we could put together a bounty for a Chinese Darkcoin website?

Genius thought, honestly.  Cool

Voted - everyone else needs to vote if you haven't....The Chinese would love the anonymity as they need it more than most.

+1 for wallet translation ASAP as well.

What we need is someone to put up a Darkcoin crowd-funding site so we can organise bounties for various things, one of which would be this chinese translation/website.  A Darkcoin version of this would be ideal: http://vertcoinmarket.com/

Here's a marketplace. https://www.darkcointalk.org/forums/marketplace.9/
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
March 05, 2014, 11:58:10 PM

Note that both of these have large effects on the price of any coin that goes on them because they enable direct CNY trading (CNY = Chinese Yuan). If you look at the transaction volume of DOGE and VTC, about 20% if it comes from DOGE/CNY and VTC/CNY trades rather than BTC pairs.

We *need* a Chinese webpage explaining what DRK does and a Chinese wallet translation to help these new DRK users. Any speakers out there?

Also, VOTE.

Agreed, we could put together a bounty for a Chinese Darkcoin website?

Genius thought, honestly.  Cool

Voted - everyone else needs to vote if you haven't....The Chinese would love the anonymity as they need it more than most.

+1 for wallet translation ASAP as well.

What we need is someone to put up a Darkcoin crowd-funding site so we can organise bounties for various things, one of which would be this chinese translation/website.  A Darkcoin version of this would be ideal: http://vertcoinmarket.com/

I could potentially put together a DRK crowdfunding site. Im partly into webdev and online marketing.

Got a lot of work atm but I can check tomorrow how timeconsuming would it be.

Wouldn't really ask for anything (would accept donations for it tho if I have free time and start building it).

Would there be a demand for a site like this?

patrolman

Activity: 447
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:11:22 AM

It may have been mentioned already but how about getting the faucet up and running. There's a link to it on the website and it would seem more professional if it were working. I could probably donate a few coins and the higher the price gets, the lower the number of coins I would be willing to give - I imagine it's the same for many people.
DaFockBro

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:12:30 AM

Is Darksend ready to be marketed to the public yet?

Let's upvote a simple, informative post to the front page of r/bitcoin once Darksend is ready to be unveiled to the public.
jdp527

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:13:34 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2014/03/05/most-popular-bitcoin-apps-soon-to-run-on-tor-anonymity-network/

Bitcoin core developer Mike Hearn says that an upcoming version of bitcoinj, the software that powers many of the most popular Bitcoin apps like Multibit, Hive, and Android Wallet, will route all connections to the Bitcoin network over Tor’s anonymity network. When users of those apps buy or sell Bitcoins, their transactions will be sent through Tor’s system of three encrypted hops through computers around the world before they reach another Bitcoin node.

@eduffield , can you comment on this and what it means for darkcoin?
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:18:34 AM

I have been following every thread, test and revision here, and have come to a conclusion that i'm VERY happy that we haven't done any promotion yet.
I think that the dev should focus ONLY on getting the act together, making darksend immune to DOS; no coins lost in transactions, and so forth.

Only after we have things really stable and people can transfer coins safely with Darksend, THEN we should start promotion. Otherwise, at this stage, i fear many people will dismiss the coin as not delivering to its promise...
I think we'll get just one chance to really kick-in the media, and i'd rather it is done when we are really ready and not get burned.
Developers - you are on the right track.
My 2cents.

I totally agree !
Price and promotion and all that can and HAS to wait
as there are still too many bugs going on in Darksend and such !
We have to be 100% up and rolling (and double secure) before we take this to the next level !!

The programmers are doing their thing and things need time, so we should NOT rush them into anything, let them sort the technical side out
and then … it is on us to promote that puppy ! and it will be a great ride !
(but first it has to be standing 100%)
!!!
DaFockBro

Activity: 126

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:21:41 AM

http://www.forbes.com/sites/andygreenberg/2014/03/05/most-popular-bitcoin-apps-soon-to-run-on-tor-anonymity-network/

Bitcoin core developer Mike Hearn says that an upcoming version of bitcoinj, the software that powers many of the most popular Bitcoin apps like Multibit, Hive, and Android Wallet, will route all connections to the Bitcoin network over Tor’s anonymity network. When users of those apps buy or sell Bitcoins, their transactions will be sent through Tor’s system of three encrypted hops through computers around the world before they reach another Bitcoin node.

The only information this will hide about a transaction is the ip address associated with it.

Sending address, receiving address, and amount of coins are still visible on the blockchain when routing through tor.

Darksend hides the connection between the sending address and the receiving address.
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:23:00 AM

The only information this will hide about a transaction is the ip address associated with it.

Sending address and receiving address of transaction are still visible and traceable when routing through tor.

Darksend hides the connection between the sending address and the receiving address.

this. and of course darkcoin can be used with tor too.
mfhc

Activity: 45

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:25:32 AM

Sending address and receiving address of transaction are still visible and traceable when routing through tor.

It would be a great idea if this would be built in DarkCoin wallet too. Since this is privacy centric coin, it should provide as much privacy as possible
GreekBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1428

getmonero.org

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 12:30:02 AM

It would be a great idea if this would be built in DarkCoin wallet too. Since this is privacy centric coin, it should provide as much privacy as possible

you can already use tor for every coin. and it should have been already implemented in every coin. it will happen in every coin rather soon than later.
jdp527

Activity: 51

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:31:15 AM

Sending address, receiving address, and amount of coins are still visible on the blockchain when routing through tor.

Thanks Dafockbro. Would love to see this implemented as well.
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:33:30 AM

Code:
darkcoind --help
DarkCoin version v0.8.9.2-4-g1070db1-beta

Usage:
  darkcoind [options]                     
  darkcoind [options] <command> [params]  Send command to -server or darkcoind
  darkcoind [options] help                List commands
  darkcoind [options] help <command>      Get help for a command

Options:
  -?                     This help message
  -conf=<file>           Specify configuration file (default: darkcoin.conf)
  -pid=<file>            Specify pid file (default: darkcoind.pid)
~~~
  -tor=<ip:port>         Use proxy to reach tor hidden services (default: same as -proxy)
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:37:45 AM

Appreciate those posts eduffield.

Have you by chance expounded upon the "encrypted transaction network", or at least gave a brief outline/framework somewhere? I'm curious what your vision is for this. I think I've read every post in this thread but I may have missed it.

I'm not dead set on how I want to implement this yet, and have a few separate ideas.

Before implementation: proxies have always been supported, which would do the same thing. They just require a bit more work on the users part to setup.

Implementation #1: Building in something like tor to use an existing network to secure communication between the nodes and yourself. The problem is this causes everything to slow down substantially.

Implementation #2: Turn the Darkcoin network into a proxy network and pick a node to securely relay through. This could even have N hops before reaching an exit node and would only work for internal system messages.

Implementation #3: Unencrypted relaying using a "Pass this message on to 1 node (and tell them to do the same) you're connected to or if random number > X broadcast", so the message would hop multiple times before it was actually broadcasted by the exit node. You would never know who the original client was because N hops would be random.

Implementation #4+? I'm open to other ideas.

I don't know if he still plans on doing any of this. He used to have it listed on the first post as a feature that would be implemented sometime in the future.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:43:59 AM

What kind of speeds are you guys getting cpu mining? I'm getting 498-502 kh/s with my i5-4670k @ 4.5 GHz.

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
CHAOSiTEC
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 06, 2014, 12:47:35 AM

It may have been mentioned already but how about getting the faucet up and running. There's a link to it on the website and it would seem more professional if it were working. I could probably donate a few coins and the higher the price gets, the lower the number of coins I would be willing to give - I imagine it's the same for many people.

you are more than welcome to add funds to the faucet, ive allready used 1000 darkcoins on it, and think its time for others to dip in as well, the donation address is at the faucet...

node-vps.com - Tron / Masternode hosting services
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:13:16 AM

I'm putting 3 kids through college now, and non of them have a job  Undecided

Set them up with treadmills to power your mining rigs... and fans!

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:16:27 AM

we are growing, come and help mine darkcoin, and get a chance of winning the lottery pool.

Pool Pays Witdrawal fee: 0.0
Please spread your hashing power, we dont want 1 pool to have >50%

DDOS Protected pool

Come over to the new server, its blasting fast compared to the old server
old miners, your miners have been port forwarded to the new server,
when you get the time, change it to stratum+tcp://lotterymining.com:4444

the following 6 days there will be a draw EACH day, for 50% of the fees + 28.5 DRK

Todays Winner is: tesquenure amount won: 30.125 DRK

Datum: 2014-03-05 10:59
Till: XgY2afhXTFgUafMVUanTtQ5xRyMCvH1Crf
Belasta: -30.125 DRK
Nettobelopp: -30.125 DRK
Transaktions-ID: 22de0367b25f8573f372e4b05c1e7f7c007102ba365244b83243097eac97f0a1

I started mining here - It's nice to be able to get some reasonable shares with little hash power... Come on Lottery!

Also, I'm going to have to start learning German soon anyway Smiley

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 01:22:42 AM

Just about every pool will eventually have some downtime... I mine BTC on eligius, and it "sort of" goes down frequently.

I highly recommend running with a failover script or batch file. Someone posted two good examples a while back in the thread. If someone wants, I can repost them - but I can't take credit for them. Smiley

Pages: « 1 ... 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 [342] 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: