Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 07:17:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722540 times)
eizh

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:18:25 AM

(1) 'Gravity Well' to an extent.

(2) Being first to the market always has an advantage just like bitcoin.  Especially if the DRK dev team is leading the development of P2P Darksend.

(1) I'm not talking about multipools. Taking advantage of difficulty is something entirely different. Although now that I think about it, the lower power consumption is already built into price parity so the point really only applies to mining farms that pay very large electricity costs (e.g. European levels). My own view was screwy because I don't pay for electricity so I wasn't thinking about it. Cheesy

(2) Time frames have shortened considerably. Prior to Dec. 2013, being first meant being the only one for months or even over a year. Now a new clone coin comes around every hour. First to market means less.
lulutis2000

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:22:44 AM

About point (2) i think that our dev can fix any problems that appear, the zero-talent devs who only copy this coin will not be able.
organizer

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:28:05 AM

Herp a derp, still on this marketing thing.

This coin will ONLY succeed if:

1. The level of having "anonymous" transactions is tested, hammered, turned upside-down (not by coin holders, some outside hackers (whitehats?)) and given some sort of endorsement/approval. Remember, we're still in beta, this MUST be tested outside this forum. How? I dunno, hopefully the Devs have something in mind.

2. It is adopted by any and all who want to do anonymous transactions. I've said it before, I don't care if this is used for drug deals or sending money into war-torn areas or for anonymous donations. It shouldn't matter to anyone. Each of those transactions, in my mind, are the same thing. Don't get hung up on how it will be used. But this is where the value will rise.

I don't care if I use anonymous transactions on Amazon or Tiger Direct, or whatever. This coin has a very defined place, whether you like it or not. So some "mass marketing" effort will have little to no effect.

tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:30:59 AM

I just noticed that the highest ask in craptsy is 0.5 BTC, probably has been for a while. LIKE A BOSS!
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:34:35 AM

(1) 'Gravity Well' to an extent.

(2) Being first to the market always has an advantage just like bitcoin.  Especially if the DRK dev team is leading the development of P2P Darksend.

(1) I'm not talking about multipools. Taking advantage of difficulty is something entirely different. Although now that I think about it, the lower power consumption is already built into price parity so the point really only applies to mining farms that pay very large electricity costs (e.g. European levels). My own view was screwy because I don't pay for electricity so I wasn't thinking about it. Cheesy

(2) Time frames have shortened considerably. Prior to Dec. 2013, being first meant being the only one for months or even over a year. Now a new clone coin comes around every hour. First to market means less.

(1)  IMHO many small, low key miners can help to build a coins economy and support from the grass roots up.  Just like bitcoin in its early days.  So if Darkcoin can stay accessible to CPU miners and more GPU miners due to lower running costs.  Then all the better IMO.

(2)  I'll repeat if the DRK development team can stay in the lead of P2P Darksend development.  Then Darkcoin can stay a market leader in its niche.

mfhc

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:45:52 AM

But having a DarkSend dev team on our side is a great advantage. Another advantage would be if somebody created a some marketplace or provide services for DRK, which would make it backed by some real economy. But maybe some already exist, I do not follow all the news. Also DarkCoin already managed to create some community around it, which many clonecoins struggle with. The larger the community is, higher the chance that the coin will not be lost among its clones.

If DarkSend is out, very soon will also come out some clonecoin with aggressive marketing. Therefore at that time Darkcoin must be widely known among cryptocoin public so we definitely need some marketing.

However at this point all what's DRK standing on is promise of DarkSend. Therefore many speculators are holding or buying. However DarkSend is still in the very early stage of development and there is still a chance that there is some undiscovered fundamental flaw in design that cannot be easily fixed.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:54:32 AM

Unlike a lot of coins DRK brings something new to the table and, in my opinion, anonymity will become a standard. The Darkcoin has a lot of potential, not just for a niche, but for the entire market. But meanwhile let's wait the finished product before thinking marketing.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 01:55:57 AM

But having a DarkSend dev team on our side is a great advantage. Another advantage would be if somebody created a some marketplace or provide services for DRK, which would make it backed by some real economy. But maybe some already exist, I do not follow all the news. Also DarkCoin already managed to create some community around it, which many clonecoins struggle with. The larger the community is, higher the chance that the coin will not be lost among its clones.

If DarkSend is out, very soon will also come out some clonecoin with aggressive marketing. Therefore at that time Darkcoin must be widely known among cryptocoin public so we definitely need some marketing.

However at this point all what's DRK standing on is promise of DarkSend. Therefore many speculators are holding or buying. However DarkSend is still in the very early stage of development and there is still a chance that there is some undiscovered fundamental flaw in design that cannot be easily fixed.

You forgot the major point that Darkcoin without Darksend is a Quarkcoin clone without the instamine.  So has a lot going for it as a CPU-minable-friendly coin as well as Darksend.  Yes GPU's are a lot more efficient, but not by as bigger factor as Scrypt is.  Whether this helps attract more low level miners to boost the economy or whether it just helps to attract botnets more to pump-and-dump we can only wait and see.

goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 01:56:20 AM

Adding to what DRK is standing on besides Darksend and the power reduction . . I wouldn't underestimate the ability to mine this with a CPU on a comparable level to which can mine with a GPU. That's huge and is something many other coins have attempted, and came close . . but not close enough where it was good. One 290 is only 10x more powerful than my 4820k.
goin2mars

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:08:11 AM

You forgot the major point that Darkcoin without Darksend is a Quarkcoin clone without the instamine.  So has a lot going for it as a CPU-minable-friendly coin as well as Darksend.  Yes GPU's are a lot more efficient, but not by as bigger factor as Scrypt is.  Whether this helps attract more low level miners to boost the economy or whether it just helps to attract botnets more to pump-and-dump we can only wait and see.

I see where you could say it's similar to Quark . . but I don't see luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd or echo in Quark. Also, a different block reward, difficulty and generation time puts this far enough away from Quark that I'd say it's not a clone.
P2PHash

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:11:51 AM

Hi guys, I'me setting up a new p2pool
Address: drk.p2phash.com

Could some of you try to connect to it, I'd like to test what kind of load my server can handle. Since it's p2pool you won't loose any shares coming from another p2pool and local hashrate doesn't impact your earnings Smiley
Low fee: 0.5%
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2014, 02:12:26 AM

I see where you could say it's similar to Quark . . but I don't see luffa, cubehash, shavite, simd or echo in Quark. Also, a different block reward, difficulty and generation time puts this far enough away from Quark that I'd say it's not a clone.

Yeah, it's not a rip-off, but its multiple hashing functions make it more CPU-friendly just like Quarkcoin.  Whether this boosts more low level miners to help grass roots support.  Or just helps botnets is yet to be seen.

goin2mars

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 02:27:07 AM

Yeah, it's not a rip-off, but its multiple hashing functions make it more CPU-friendly just like Quarkcoin.  Whether this boosts more low level miners to help grass roots support.  Or just helps botnets is yet to be seen.

Yeah I'm a little worried about the botnets too. I can't even have the cpu miner file program on my comp w/ AV on it for more than a few seconds before it gets quarantined though so at least there's that. Hopefully it doesn't get botnetted to death though.

At least mining memorycoin you needed AES instructions in the cpu, which not every cpu has.
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:08:23 AM

I've been mining for the past couple days now and I'm just not satisified with my 4DRK/day anymore. I'd like to purchase some DRK but I don't have any BTC, so is there any convenient method to buy DRK directly?

Would sell directly, but we're probably both not in the northeast us.

c-cex has USD/DRK market

but in order to be able to pay with USD you first need to transfer your money from your bank account to Payeer which has a 25% "Gate fee".
At least when trying the SEPA option in Europe. That is why I am not using this site. Does someone know alternatives?

Buy on Localbitcoin
(not cheap, but save and easy and fast)
then go on exchange to get your DRK
if you have them, transfer right away into your wallet (on your computer, offline or paper)
and done !
jodeteputa

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 03:53:03 AM

http://p2phash.com/banner.jpg
Hi guys, I'me setting up a new p2pool
Address: drk.p2phash.com

Could some of you try to connect to it, I'd like to test what kind of load my server can handle. Since it's p2pool you won't loose any shares coming from another p2pool and local hashrate doesn't impact your earnings Smiley
Low fee: 0.5%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_state_of_the_European_Union
juanichiloco

Activity: 236
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:27:21 AM

I am having problems to mine this. It works perfectly with the CPU miner, but when I try yo mine with the GPU one, which I downloaded from the official web, it says that it can't find the pool. I use this code:   sgminer.exe --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333 -u x -p x

It is written correctly, the same as the CPU miner, so I don't know why it is not working.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion    Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency    TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️        VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:50:26 AM

I am having problems to mine this. It works perfectly with the CPU miner, but when I try yo mine with the GPU one, which I downloaded from the official web, it says that it can't find the pool. I use this code:   sgminer.exe --kernel darkcoin -o stratum+tcp://drkpool.com:3333 -u x -p x

It is written correctly, the same as the CPU miner, so I don't know why it is not working.

http://www.drkpool.com/index.php?page=gettingstarted
chaeplin

Activity: 294

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 04:54:39 AM

error,  like this

Code:
[17:38:18] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[17:38:18] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have
input
[17:38:18] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or
have not set up workers

Use sph-sgminer.
badman74

Activity: 658

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:08:07 AM

error,  like this

Code:
[17:38:18] No servers were found that could be used to get work from.
[17:38:18] Please check the details from the list below of the servers you have
input
[17:38:18] Most likely you have input the wrong URL, forgotten to add a port, or
have not set up workers

Use sph-sgminer.
newest builds can be found here
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=475795.0
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 09, 2014, 05:18:23 AM

Hey guys I'm trying to help create a Darkcoin community so we aren't all just stuck in this one little thread Cheesy

Anyway I'm giving away 100 DRK come join me https://www.darkcointalk.org/threads/100-drk-giveaway.12/
Pages: « 1 ... 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 [369] 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: