Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:56:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722721 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:38:36 PM

Ah okay, from the previous pop up message, I was expecting to see some values that I could send or something like that. Kinda like "you can send 10DRK / 12.55 DRK" or something lol.

That's actually a good idea!  maybe next time eduffield can make a running total "available to darksend" somewhere on the wallet (there's tons of space) then people will also know when they need to denominate, which would keep people from constantly hitting that button and bloating the block chain Tongue

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:45:55 PM

Warning: Don't sell your DARK at this ridiculous price: a bot is trying to lower the price at the moment (to buy some cheap coins)

How?  How can that be done?

those selling really dont look at the amount being sold, they just want to sell their coin, so they go lower than the lowest sell order, even though alot of those sell orders are for 5 drk or 10 or 2 etc... if you pile enough of those downward and then put up a big buy order close to the lowest, then you can catch alot of "i want to sell my coins now" sellers

Ah ha!  brilliant!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:51:46 PM

Official fundraiser for Darkcoin marketing & branding

Since Darkcoin was 0% premined, we will be doing this the old fashioned way, with a fundraiser. Many people in the community have expressed an interest in pushing our marketing effort along. We wanted to make sure the time was right, while Evan sorted out the kinks in the Darksend code. But we are nearly ready to show Darkcoin and Darksend to the world, so let's get this moving.

I will release a list of bounties for marketing & branding in the next day or so when I have a bit of spare time. For now, you may donate to the official fundraising wallet (anonymously if you like!). You can also PM me with your donation details and I'll keep some accounting, if only for the sake of making sure your donation is accounted for and spent appropriately.

As always, you are a fantastic community and we appreciate your support!

Fundraising wallet: Xc8xGSP7FwWGPQpgw298z7NYdA8xJK8ooh

Hi Evan...is this an official fundraiser wallet authorized by you and Ape?  Not questioning LimLims...just want to have an official OK and green light from our devs that this approved by them as the approved wallet address.  If this wallet is...can we have the official wallet address listed on the website and at the beginning of this forum thread so that no one can alter this wallet address and have the funds go to someones private wallet.  Thanks.

Dammit there goes my plan...

I don't remember, what was your plan?

See bold Tongue

It's a good plan, so I still don't get it, LOL (I can be dense)  This address should go on the first page and on the official site!  Great idea!

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Lloydie

Activity: 140

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 11:58:55 PM

Just to echo what someone else said earlier.

What's going on with all the orphan blocks on the new official pool?!

One or two everynow and then isn't a problem, but I don't remember seeing any at all on the old pool.  Now over 50% are orphan!  

Someone take a look please!  Huh Wink I'm going to have to redirect my miners..  (to a p2p, not the one which has too much share)

Out of the last 18 blocks, 10 have been orphan.
Why so many orphans?
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:02:25 AM

Ok, denominate button on Windows 7 worked without a hitch for me Wink

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
vertoe

Activity: 518
Merit: 505

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:07:55 AM

Just to echo what someone else said earlier.

What's going on with all the orphan blocks on the new official pool?!

One or two everynow and then isn't a problem, but I don't remember seeing any at all on the old pool.  Now over 50% are orphan!  

Someone take a look please!  Huh Wink I'm going to have to redirect my miners..  (to a p2p, not the one which has too much share)

Out of the last 18 blocks, 10 have been orphan.
Why so many orphans?
well, why not mining p2pool ?
http://q30.qhor.net:7903/static/
chris200x9
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1011

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:22:56 AM

Since Darkcoin was 0% premined, we will be doing this the old fashioned way, with a fundraiser. Many people in the community have expressed an interest in pushing our marketing effort along. We wanted to make sure the time was right, while Evan sorted out the kinks in the Darksend code. But we are nearly ready to show Darkcoin and Darksend to the world, so let's get this moving.

I will release a list of bounties for marketing & branding in the next day or so when I have a bit of spare time. For now, you may donate to the official fundraising wallet (anonymously if you like!). You can also PM me with your donation details and I'll keep some accounting, if only for the sake of making sure your donation is accounted for and spent appropriately.

Hi Evan...is this an official fundraiser wallet authorized by you and Ape?  Not questioning LimLims...just want to have an official OK and green light from our devs that this approved by them as the approved wallet address.  If this wallet is...can we have the official wallet address listed on the website and at the beginning of this forum thread so that no one can alter this wallet address and have the funds go to someones private wallet.  Thanks.

Dammit there goes my plan...

I don't remember, what was your plan?

See bold Tongue

It's a good plan, so I still don't get it, LOL (I can be dense)  This address should go on the first page and on the official site!  Great idea!

Alter it in the quote was my plan but this whole put it up on the front page nonsense ruined it!  Cry
anonymousxx1503

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:35:46 AM

Hey guys - new article about Darkcoin

http://cryptocrimson.com/introducing-darkcoin-bitcoin-meets-total-anonymity.html

I've been speaking to the writers on twitter (@darkcoinnews - follow me!) and they're looking into potentially arranging an interview with Evan very soon.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5424980#msg5424980
tifozi

Activity: 742
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:42:34 AM

http://cryptocrimson.com/introducing-darkcoin-bitcoin-meets-total-anonymity.html

I've been speaking to the writers on twitter (@darkcoinnews - follow me!) and they're looking into potentially arranging an interview with Evan very soon.

Nice article. Found an error though,

On darkcoin's website there are a number of mining pools available as the coin, for now, is GPU resistant and has a relatively low difficulty

well and come to think of it, the difficulty isn't low relatively anymore either  Cheesy
goin2mars

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:46:55 AM

I've got a question that may have come up in the past 400 pages . . but I'm not digging through that. Regarding transaction malleability . . has anyone addressed this in this coin? I realize it may not be the biggest issue in the world right now, but with the press coverage this seems like a good thing to strike at while the iron's still hot. I'm pretty sure this would be a non-issue in DarkSend . . but it sounds like there will be a public ledger visible for those that continue to choose to send non-anonymously.

I saw Riecoin claiming a workaround to transaction malleability had been implemented in their coin, but have no clue if it actually fixed the issue. I'm just thinking that this could easily invite some welcome coverage amongst major news articles like Gox being taken down because of it. Even if that wasn't the actual case . . thousands of people saw that and accept it. Might be worth looking into is all I'm trying to get across.
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 12:55:20 AM

Ubuntu 64bit,

the newest download doesn't have the denominate button and is giving me the same error when I try to denominate that requires me to send 1 then 10 to my other wallet in order to denominate.
"An error occurred created DarkSend compatible inputs. Error was Signing transaction failedAn error occurred created DarkSend compatible inputs. Error was Signing transaction failed"

wallet version 8.9.5-1 
Did it get updated?  I downloaded twice from the pdf link, same thing Smiley

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
anonymousxx1503

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:01:25 AM

I've got a question that may have come up in the past 400 pages . . but I'm not digging through that. Regarding transaction malleability . . has anyone addressed this in this coin? I realize it may not be the biggest issue in the world right now, but with the press coverage this seems like a good thing to strike at while the iron's still hot. I'm pretty sure this would be a non-issue in DarkSend . . but it sounds like there will be a public ledger visible for those that continue to choose to send non-anonymously.

I saw Riecoin claiming a workaround to transaction malleability had been implemented in their coin, but have no clue if it actually fixed the issue. I'm just thinking that this could easily invite some welcome coverage amongst major news articles like Gox being taken down because of it. Even if that wasn't the actual case . . thousands of people saw that and accept it. Might be worth looking into is all I'm trying to get across.

Evan will have to answer this one. Although transaction malleability is really the fault of exchanges, not the bitcoin protocol. If exchanges are properly coded, it presents no problem at all.

Ok guys, I've just contacted The Piratebay to ask them to add darkcoin to their list of donation possibilities. Also tweeted to Wikileaks.

I'd like to thank eduffield and the other developers for this critically important evolution in virtual currency. DarkCoin is what bitcoin should have been. Some might call it "Bitcoin 2.0" but would do better by saying: "DarkCoin is digital cash." - Child Harold - February 28, 2014
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:06:22 AM

Talking to me about DarkCoin is pretty much preaching to the converted - a true believer without needing too much in the way of evidence.

So here is the thing: once marketing gets under way, I find myself thinking the unthinkable: DarkCoin could unsettle Bitcoin in the eyes of Joe public.

Bitcoin is reaching a critical mass in terms of brand power and the network effect in terms of runaway adoption. People trust brands, especially those they see everyday, so it won't take too much longer for the public to start accepting Bitcoin as a mainstream payment tool.

Then comes this new kid and all the papers start writing about how Bitcoin is not exactly anonymous. People will ask - "That's a good thing, right? People can't use Bitcoin for bad things, like everyone says."  Then they will put two-and-two together and workout that their transactions and spending habits will become part of the great public ledger. Why does the world need to know my Bitcoin wealth and that I went to strip bar?

What then, go back to Visa and PayPal? Once you get crypto, its hard to go back. Bitcoin either finds something to satisfy the masses of any privacy concerns, or - the unthinkable - DarkCoin steps up to the plate.

K-e-r-c-h-i-n-g.  Grin
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:06:45 AM

Hee hee hee, they quoted me from reddit!  I'm tickled pink!  See?  I told you I was important!  LOL  Cheesy  Grin  Cheesy   Grin

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:11:21 AM

This hasn't been addressed yet by anyone, but it would be funny if in all that code re-write eduffield has done, he's corrected the problem, LOL.  Maybe he can answer this question?

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
daddeo

Activity: 129

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:14:07 AM

I think more useful would be the ability to also send small, twitter-sized messages instead of just transactions via darksend. Imagine that you could combine a transaction with a message or something like that. Hash the characters together and send it like a transaction, and all of a sudden, you have a really well encrypted, anonymous message system that overlays on an existing network.

This compromises anonymity (unless the message is utterly generic, in which case there's no reason to send it). You could argue that it's one person voluntarily compromising his/her own anonymity but because of the way DarkSend works, they're chipping away at the anonymity of everyone else involved in the mixing.

I don't think it would have to compromise anonymity. Unless you mean that the sender and receiver would not know each other - in which case, that might be true. However, if you are sending a coin transaction, you presumably have some idea who is on in other end.

What I mean is that a short message (eduffield would have to address a proper length) would be broken down just like a transaction, and sent like a transaction. After all, data is just data. There would be a reassembling and decoding at the other end. You are already processing cryptographic codes - why not use some of that hashing for encrypting a message?

It seems to me that an addition like that would allow you to further obfuscate the transactions because some of what is sent is no longer a "transaction" it is a message that is treated like a transaction.

The more traffic you have, the harder it is to follow the red car.
I like this idea. I've no idea if it would work but it seems the more layers you add to it, the harder it is to crack. If the key is to differentiate the coin and create widespread adoption for overall success, this feature certainly could be an interesting prospect. That is if it can be pulled off.
mattmct

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:22:42 AM

I just had an idea of a good extra potential market for DarkCoin.

While browsing my torrent sites, ...looking for a rip of the latest BBC Top Gear..... I noticed the uploader had "help support us by donating in bitcoin".

I could totally picture them taking on DarkCoin rather than bitcoin as an extra layer of security for them!

Worth reaching out them them some how when the time is right.  Would be great if it could become standard.
anonymousxx1503

View Profile
March 11, 2014, 01:34:53 AM

I just had an idea of a good extra potential market for DarkCoin.

While browsing my torrent sites, ...looking for a rip of the latest BBC Top Gear..... I noticed the uploader had "help support us by donating in bitcoin".

I could totally picture them taking on DarkCoin rather than bitcoin as an extra layer of security for them!

Worth reaching out them them some how when the time is right.  Would be great if it could become standard.

go ahead! I've contacted piratebay and wikileaks.

HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:48:18 AM

+42 DRK

(sorry, mining is not easy!)

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2014, 01:50:03 AM

For the record - I think open source is the only way to go - however, again, I think it matters how that is done - it's not as simple as saying - "open source it".

I believe the plan - as per the dev - is to open it once DarkSend has been fully debugged - which I think is entirely reasonable. I think others want it to have a little more momentum in the market and with adoption before it goes open source - which I don't think is unreasonable either. However, it's ultimately the developer's choice - I'm sure though that he will take the input of the community seriously.

I know he has said that closed source is NOT an option in this thread - however, is this on any of the sites so its known to new users?
Because, the community knows that closed source was never an option - but I don't think others do.

Well I know a dev working on paper wallets and brain wallets for DRK.  They are unsure on releasing their work to the wild on the idea DRK may be going to use a closed-source model.  That's one example alone of the effect using a closed-source model would have on eco-system development outside of the core dev-team.  Not publicly releasing your code until your happy with it is one thing but to try and patent it and go closed-source is another.  Hopefully the ideas on using a closed model are just that ideas from some guy on the internet and not hints by the dev team testing the water.

No, DarkSend is definitely going to be an opensource project. We'll do some audits and make sure there's nothing wrong with the concepts and code, then open it up. By the way, it's going to be about 10000 lines of code you would have to add to your coin. It's not easy and you could destroy your coin by adding it. So good luck, this isn't like adding KGW. I don't think there will be many coins with developers that confident in their abilities. There's literally not one file that I didn't rip apart to do this.

DarkSend being opensource isn't that big of a deal, I've dedicated at least a couple years of full time work to making this coin successful. Can any other coin compete with a full time dev? It's the innovation that makes a coin like this successful and there's alot of ideas out there I can implement after DarkSend. We'll have one hell of a coin.

DarkSend is backwards compatible with the underlying protocol, so your dev that's working on the paper wallet need not worry.

tags for searching:
FINAL WORD ON OPEN SOURCE

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
Pages: « 1 ... 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 [392] 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: