Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:32:36 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 [2136] 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722547 times)
duckmuy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:58:48 PM

I don't give a fuck what you own cuntbag, you're still a fucking moron.

Welcome to my ignore. Enjoy your stay.

Just fucking hit ignore and shut the fuck up about it. You don't need to make a separate post saying that you hit ignore.
salmion

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 02:59:59 PM

yeeesh.

Can everyone just take it down a notch.

I'm looking forward to the news from whatever official channel it comes.
TanteStefana2
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:00:11 PM

"Hey eltito, this is what I'm doing" == "Hey forums bros this is what I'm doing"

It's a closed source coin, the least you do is keep people up to date. This smells of mega scam to people who aren't invested in the coin, regardless of what this echo chamber believes.

Ugh, we just can't win.  A few weeks ago, we had trouble with Evan and InternetApe "thinking out loud" and freaking people out on the forums.  Everyone was upset (don't even remember what was said-doesn't matter anyway)  So we set up a team to disseminate information, after carefully checking out the wording and making sure the development team doesn't upset anyone.

And now that's not working either.

LOL

Still, maybe we can find middle ground.  But it has been good because Evan et al have been free to concentrate on making Darkcoin work.  I have to agree, the crypto community seems very ADD and lose confidence awfully easily.  I hope that Darkcoin will have a track record that will allow it to act more like a real, serious service, and soon leave any memory of "scam coins" far behind.

Another proud lifetime Dash Foundation member Smiley My TanteStefana account was hacked, Beware trading
"You'll never reach your destination if you stop to throw stones at every dog that barks."
Sir Winston Churchill  BTC: 12pu5nMDPEyUGu3HTbnUB5zY5RG65EQE5d
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:01:08 PM

Did he adequately answer your condescending question humanitee ?  Roll Eyes

Darkcointalk. Move there. ASAP.

Leave this for FUD, trolls and hacks.

I am with bigrcanada too. Good job.

No, he didn't. He could literally have just put up the chat and we would all go "ok makes sense." It's a sorry excuse, it really is.

I want you to do yourself a favor and go back 1900 pages and SEE ME THERE PUTTING FORTH IDEAS. You aren't talking to some troll who is just doing this for the lols. You guys can be as butt hurt as you want, IDGAF.

We want stability, not waves of uncertainty. It's not like people are asking for daily updates, it has been awhile.

I'm a fucking idiot

I own a substantial amount of DRK you fucking imbecile.

Oi, take a breath guys.

Humanitee, the gist was something along the lines of "Hey I think it's a great time to put out some details."  "Ok cool".  Unless you'd rather I just post a bunch of emails that make no sense out of context?
JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:04:56 PM

Did he adequately answer your condescending question humanitee ?  Roll Eyes

Darkcointalk. Move there. ASAP.

Leave this for FUD, trolls and hacks.

I am with bigrcanada too. Good job.

No, he didn't. He could literally have just put up the chat and we would all go "ok makes sense." It's a sorry excuse, it really is.

I want you to do yourself a favor and go back 1900 pages and SEE ME THERE PUTTING FORTH IDEAS. You aren't talking to some troll who is just doing this for the lols. You guys can be as butt hurt as you want, IDGAF.

We want stability, not waves of uncertainty. It's not like people are asking for daily updates, it has been awhile.

I'm a fucking idiot

I own a substantial amount of DRK you fucking imbecile.

Oi, take a breath guys.

Humanitee, the gist was something along the lines of "Hey I think it's a great time to put out some details."  "Ok cool".  Unless you'd rather I just post a bunch of emails that make no sense out of context?

Exactly.

Unfiltered development information will lead us to another "airdrop situation" which was the result of Evan thinking aloud.  The way things are being handled now is correct.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:09:52 PM

Hello everyone!

Yes I'm alive and have been very busy working. There's actually three of us working constantly on Darkcoin at the moment so there will be lots to report. We've been also working on a press release and I need a top secret flowchart remade, if you have experience making flow charts and have some time today shoot me a PM.

-Evan

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:10:39 PM

Oi, take a breath guys.

Humanitee, the gist was something along the lines of "Hey I think it's a great time to put out some details."  "Ok cool".  Unless you'd rather I just post a bunch of emails that make no sense out of context?

I feel like I would understand them.
I feel like I, chaeplin, and AlexGR would understand them. Even if they were out of order and out of context.

Let me tell you why I think this sucks:
1) You go to the darkcointalk forums and the updates there are a pittance of what they should be. They are so very generic sounding and bland.
2) You come here and look for updates and find a big red text saying these are things we are assuming are going to be in RC4.
3) Then you come in and say "yes some of these things are on track except for x x and x."

How is this shit being achieved? Cool, we are getting IP obfuscation but how does it function? Is it bouncing between nodes? Is it some other method we haven't even thought about?

This is a TECHNOLOGY, so let's hear about how it's revolutionizing the already existing technology. What is going to give us the edge on the growing list of competitors? Blanket statements are only good for so long.

The people who know what they are doing in this space are technically inclined, and we want to know how the coin is going to function so when we talk it up to other technically inclined people we can address their concerns. I'm not here to insult any of you. I want the pertinent information. I can't sit on IRC all day where it appears you need to be to be privy to the important information.

Hello everyone!

Yes I'm alive and have been very busy working. There's actually three of us working constantly on Darkcoin at the moment so there will be lots to report. We've been also working on a press release and I need a top secret flowchart remade, if you have experience making flow charts and have some time today shoot me a PM.

-Evan

Greetings Evan.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
duckmuy

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:10:49 PM

Hello everyone!

-Evan

Hello! Good to hear from you, hopefully this will stop all the children from panicking.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:12:41 PM

I agree!!!  this is starting to get pathic.  "Please Evan... say Hi" ,  "Evan.... say something,  people are panicking"   bla blah blah.  Geez.   Get this through your thick skulls morons.... this is a one to two year project... in fact maybe even longer
 you want to speculate and trade great ride our wave... but we will not make a wave for you.  So what if it goes to 0.008....hell it mighty go to 0.001 and that would be awesome. be assured... the more you limp dicks freak out and sell the more of us bigger guys will buy up.  i hate hearing the whining and sniveling.  "oh my mortgage,  oh my kids oh my (insert some  other lame shit here).  If you cant hold for a couple of years... GET OUT,  SELL!  Lets get this price drop started so that we can start building this with some real investors that know what theybate talking about. If i was Evan... id disappear  for couple  of months and say nothing and really shake out the losers...

(I'll go against the grain on this one I think. Post of the day. Glad somebody said it.  Smiley )

+1
Had to vent....
Better then  good cup of coffee in the morning!  LOL.  Ok... im going  to get off my hump and do something productive for this ecosystem  and start  working in the POS retail system for businesses.  i know its not sexy... but its an important part of having a "coin"...transacting with it.  see you all at darkcointalk.  

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
Profetu

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:14:25 PM

What's up with drkpool.com ? It redirects to some shitty site. There goes my coinz.
Equate

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:14:31 PM

Hello everyone!

-Evan

good to hear from you and looking forward to updates.
bigrcanada

Activity: 588

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:16:50 PM

Hello everyone!

-Evan

Damn.... there goes my idea of waiting for a couple of months. LOL Wink

Proud lifetime DASH Foundation Member | First Brick & Mortar DASH Merchant |  Please visit DASH.org or DASHtalk.org for a list of merchants and information.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:19:38 PM

We want stability, not waves of uncertainty. It's not like people are asking for daily updates, it's been awhile.

If you had even a basic level of trading experience you might not see things as "waves of uncertainty".

I've been posting fairly consistent commentaries about price movements for the last 200 pages and what we're going through right now has very little to do with "communications with devs", competition from other coins, RC3 cutlery, CX/VRC/Xanon FUD, GiftEncounter FUD or any other FUD.

It's a price consolidation. Plain and simple. People will just have to swallow that fact.

Even at this price, we've had a net 650% revaluation in just 60 days from the last stable base and now it has to get "baked in". If people got on at the wrong bust stop during that revaluation they need to put it down to trading experience (or lack thereof). Some traders do weeks of research just to put on a 5 BTC order. Others seem to risk their entire livelihoods without even bothering to check the last 3 months price history or spending 5 minutes with a calculator to decide if there's any upside mileage left at their entry point of choosing.

That's like crossing the road without looking both ways.

JGCMiner

Activity: 611

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:20:09 PM

Oi, take a breath guys.

I feel like I would understand them.
I feel like I, chaeplin, and AlexGR would understand them. Even if they were out of order and out of context.

Let me tell you why I think this sucks:
1) You go to the darkcointalk forums and the updates there are a pittance of what they should be. They are so very generic sounding and bland.
2) You come here and look for updates and find a big red text saying these are things we are assuming are going to be in RC4.
3) Then you come in and say "yes some of these things are on track except for x x and x."

How is this shit being achieved? Cool, we are getting IP obfuscation but how does it function? Is it bouncing between nodes? Is it some other method we haven't even thought about?

This is a TECHNOLOGY, so let's hear about how it's revolutionizing the already existing technology. What is going to give us the edge on the growing list of competitors? Blanket statements are only good for so long.

The people who know what they are doing in this space are technically inclined, and we want to know how the coin is going to function so when we talk it up to other technically inclined people we can address their concerns. I'm not here to insult any of you. I want the pertinent information. I can't sit on IRC all day where it appears you need to be to be privy to the important information.

Hello everyone!

-Evan

Greetings Evan.

Do you not agree, however, that there should be a balance?  Too much technical talk and the masses' eyes glaze over -- and they outnumber us techies a lot to a little.  Coin won't succeed with just tech types on board.  And then you have the fact that DRK's tech is consistently changing -- just how out of date is the whitepaper for example.  Talking about details then changing them confuses people, technical or otherwise. Maybe the balance is too much swung toward generic information at the present, but move too far back in the opposite direction and there will be problems all the same.  
roede94105

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:21:50 PM

We want stability, not waves of uncertainty. It's not like people are asking for daily updates, it's been awhile.

If you had even a basic level of trading experience you might not see things as "waves of uncertainty".

I've been posting fairly consistent commentaries about price movements for the last 200 pages and what we're going through right now has very little to do with "communications with devs", competition from other coins, RC3 cutlery, CX/VRC/Xanon FUD, GiftEncounter FUD or any other FUD.

It's a price consolidation. Plain and simple. People will just have to swallow that fact.

Even at this price, we've had a net 650% revaluation in just 60 days from the last stable base and now it has to get "baked in". If people got on at the wrong bust stop during that revaluation they need to put it down to trading experience (or lack thereof). Some traders do weeks of research just to put on a 5 BTC order. Others seem to risk their entire livelihoods without even bothering to check the last 3 months price history or spending 5 minutes with a calculator to decide if there's any upside mileage left at their entry point of choosing.

YOLO

just kidding
salmion

Activity: 560

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:25:32 PM

Details give us anti-troll ammo. And make us "real" as opposed to all the it'll be totes anon promise shitcoins.
However too much details and those same shitcoins will just claim to have the same features-"coming soon promise".

Aaaanyways.. news incoming and nice to see evan pop his head in.

Good times.
ddink7
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:27:37 PM

"Hey eltito, this is what I'm doing" == "Hey forums bros this is what I'm doing"

It's a closed source coin, the least you do is keep people up to date. This smells of mega scam to people who aren't invested in the coin, regardless of what this echo chamber believes.

Ugh, we just can't win.  A few weeks ago, we had trouble with Evan and InternetApe "thinking out loud" and freaking people out on the forums.  Everyone was upset (don't even remember what was said-doesn't matter anyway)  So we set up a team to disseminate information, after carefully checking out the wording and making sure the development team doesn't upset anyone.

And now that's not working either.

LOL

Still, maybe we can find middle ground.  But it has been good because Evan et al have been free to concentrate on making Darkcoin work.  I have to agree, the crypto community seems very ADD and lose confidence awfully easily.  I hope that Darkcoin will have a track record that will allow it to act more like a real, serious service, and soon leave any memory of "scam coins" far behind.

I *distinctly* recall this. I'm glad you pointed it out!

Dash - Digital Cash
https://www.dash.org/
humanitee

Activity: 1302
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:28:52 PM

Do you not agree, however, that there should be a balance?  Too much technical talk and the masses' eyes glaze over -- and they outnumber us techies a lot to a little.  And then you have the fact that DRK's tech is contently changing -- just how out of date is the whitepaper for example.  Talking about details then changing them confuses people technical or otherwise.  Maybe the balance is too much swung toward generic information at he present, but move too far back in the opposite direction and there will be problems all the same.  

I agree, but the masses don't have to read the post. You want the people like me, like AlexGR, to understand the current state of development, to understand the technology.

I can't sell something I know nothing about. I can't defend DRK with general statements.
"Don't worry DRK is getting IP obfuscation."
"How does that work?"
"IDK?"

Traders like to act like they understand everything through the context of the market. It doesn't work that way. Announcements and technological updates GREATLY affect the price.

If we knew what tech is going to replace ring signatures the price wouldn't even be at this level if it is a flawless concept. The same with IP obfuscation and a few other features. It might not be ATH levels, but it would be way above the current levels. You are talking about killing all the cryptonote coins in one move. You are talking about an actual feasible technological improvement to nearly all of Bitcoin's current flaws. This. is. huge.

▄▄▄██████▄▄▄
▄███▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄ █▄▄
▄▄          ▀▀████▄  ██▄
█████▄            ▀█████  ██▄
▄█████████           ▀█████ ███▄
▄█████████▀▀           ▀█████ ███▄
▄███  █████             ▀█████ ████
███  █████                █████ ████
███ █████                  ████  ████
███ █████                ▄████  ████
███ █████                ███████████
▀██ █████▄                █████████
▀██ ██████▄                ▀█████
▀██ ███████                  ▀▀▀
▀██ ██████▄▄                 
▀██ ██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
▀▀ █████████████████▀
▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀

Fast, Secure, and Fully

DecentralizeTrading
BACKED BY:
─────────────────────────
BINANCE
─────── LAB
&█████████████████████████████████ █  ███
█▀    ▀█  ███▀▀▀▀▀████████  ████▀▀███▀ █
█  █████    ▄▄▄▄▄  █  ▀  █    ███  █  ██
█▄    ▀█  ██       █  ▄███  ██████   ███
█████  █  ██  ███  █  ████  ████  ▄  ███
█▄    ▄█▄  ▄█▄     ▀  ████▄  ▄█   ██  ██
████████████████████████████████████████

Whitepaper
 Medium
Reddit
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 03:29:54 PM

What's up with drkpool.com ? It redirects to some shitty site. There goes my coinz.

use drkpool.darkcoin.io, you have a couple weeks still to get out your coin.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 03:30:56 PM

Details give us anti-troll ammo. And make us "real" as opposed to all the it'll be totes anon promise shitcoins.
However too much details and those same shitcoins will just claim to have the same features-"coming soon promise".

That and we didn't want to give competitors with the legitimate ability to do so any more lead than necessary to try and copy Evan's ideas on their own.

Also, until now, some things have been a work in progress, or simply conceptual.  I've said several times that it wasn't the right time to give specifics, and that is why.
Pages: « 1 ... 2086 2087 2088 2089 2090 2091 2092 2093 2094 2095 2096 2097 2098 2099 2100 2101 2102 2103 2104 2105 2106 2107 2108 2109 2110 2111 2112 2113 2114 2115 2116 2117 2118 2119 2120 2121 2122 2123 2124 2125 2126 2127 2128 2129 2130 2131 2132 2133 2134 2135 [2136] 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 2186 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: