Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 08:02:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 [2186] 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
doubleredrolex

Activity: 211
Merit: 100

I Believe

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:45:13 PM

Im ready for the storm!
camosoul

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:45:21 PM

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).
I think I'd still like the TXes to pass through a mix just so there's no way to tell the difference between a mix and a send... If background mixing and sends look the same, then that makes it even mo betta...

.OROCOIN.
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:45:37 PM

Darkcoin suffers from a bad methodology to achieve anonymity and it's put everything into this one basket.

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

Over the past couple of days, I've made huge leaps in the Darksend technology. In fact, RC4 will be the final solution to Darkcoin's anonymity. The client will automatically look at all of your funds and it will be able to tell which funds are not anonymized, if it finds non-anonymous outputs it will run them through a darksend with other clients. After that process, users can send without Darksend using the anonymous outputs for instant transactions without waiting for other nodes (with no upper limit on transaction sizes).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.
This seems great at first blush, but won't there will be an issue with Darksend transaction liquidity over time? I mean, all transactions should be Darksent even if they don't need it so that there is the highest Darksend related activity on the blockchain. You want to maximize those confusing redenominated transactions flying around to make things as foggy and uniform as possible. Enabling a one-time sterilization process is bad because it makes it harder from a liquidity perspective for other (especially larger) transactions to be anonymized. The proposed RC4 diagrams from a few days back (i.e. two stage masternode transactions) seemed dialed in just right. Am I missing something?

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:46:01 PM

Im ready for the storm!
Yeah, I hope there's lots of wind (wait for it) I wanna get blown by DRK!

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:47:33 PM

Sorry to hear you lost faith in the project. Also, sorry you're going to be getting out at a horrible time (right before I announce I have EVERYTHING figured out to make Darkcoin mainstream?).

The other thing you're missing is that there is a reason I forked Bitcoin. Adoption for Darkcoin will be MUCH faster and easier for vendors, because all of the APIs are the same.

Expect more news in a few days. I have lots of work to do, but soon we can start testing all of this new functionality.
This seems great at first blush, but won't there will be an issue with Darksend transaction liquidity over time? I mean, all transactions should be Darksent even if they don't need it so that there is the highest Darksend related activity on the blockchain. You want to maximize those confusing redenominated transactions flying around to make things as foggy as possible. Enabling a one-time sterilization process is bad because it makes it harder from a liquidity perspective for other (especially larger) transactions to be deanonymized. The proposed RC4 diagrams from a few days back (i.e. two stage masternode transactions) seemed dialed in just right. Am I missing something?
I had the same thought. If "background mixing" and "actual sends" go through the same process... Oh man, I need a kleenex...

I'm not sorry at all, good riddance to bad garbage.

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thenorb

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

TheNorb.com

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:49:41 PM

We are holding a weekly giveaway for our active miners and if you want to have a chance to win stop by TheNorb.com and signup and point your miners to our pool and you will be entered into the drawing automatically!!

We are finding blocks and paying masternodes, so come join us and help push DarkCoin and Nutcoin further!
salmion

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:50:10 PM

Darkcoin suffers from a bad methodology to achieve anonymity and it's put everything into this one basket.

This seems great at first blush, but won't there will be an issue with Darksend transaction liquidity over time? I mean, all transactions should be Darksent even if they don't need it so that there is the highest Darksend related activity on the blockchain. You want to maximize those confusing redenominated transactions flying around to make things as foggy as possible. Enabling a one-time sterilization process is bad because it makes it harder from a liquidity perspective for other (especially larger) transactions to be anonymized. The proposed RC4 diagrams from a few days back (i.e. two stage masternode transactions) seemed dialed in just right. Am I missing something?

If your money is already on multiple anonymous addresses... It's pre-privatised. Essentially it's dark sent before darksending it.

EDIT: At least that's how I'm reading it
atavacron

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:52:16 PM

camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:52:20 PM

This seems great at first blush, but won't there will be an issue with Darksend transaction liquidity over time? I mean, all transactions should be Darksent even if they don't need it so that there is the highest Darksend related activity on the blockchain. You want to maximize those confusing redenominated transactions flying around to make things as foggy and uniform as possible. Enabling a one-time sterilization process is bad because it makes it harder from a liquidity perspective for other (especially larger) transactions to be anonymized. The proposed RC4 diagrams from a few days back (i.e. two stage masternode transactions) seemed dialed in just right. Am I missing something?
Who said your funds only go out for mixing once?
I brought an assortment, take your pick...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:53:15 PM

This seems great at first blush, but won't there will be an issue with Darksend transaction liquidity over time? I mean, all transactions should be Darksent even if they don't need it so that there is the highest Darksend related activity on the blockchain. You want to maximize those confusing redenominated transactions flying around to make things as foggy as possible. Enabling a one-time sterilization process is bad because it makes it harder from a liquidity perspective for other (especially larger) transactions to be anonymized. The proposed RC4 diagrams from a few days back (i.e. two stage masternode transactions) seemed dialed in just right. Am I missing something?

If your money is already on multiple anonymous addresses... It's pre-privatised. Essentially it's dark sent before darksending it.

EDIT: At least that's how I'm reading it
Yes, but there is a lot to be said for making every TX look like the same TX pattern...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
eltito

Activity: 322
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:53:22 PM

If your money is already on multiple annoymous addresses... It's pre-privatised. Essentially it's dark sent before darksending it.

I believe he's questioning the available liquidity for pre-mixing.  But, there's nothing that says your wallet can only be mixed once, and any money that changes hands will need to be re-mixed.
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:55:12 PM

Serious question here......

What happens if a person Solo-Mining finds a Block?
Do MN payments come out of the Solo Block found?
Or - are all DRK retained by the Solo-Miner?
They're using an up-to-date client, right?

Question answers itself...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:55:26 PM

I had the same thought. If "background mixing" and "actual sends" go through the same process... Oh man, I need a kleenex...

Your post rate / second is hotting up.

Talk of man love, being blown by DRK, needing to go find the DRK ladies and reaching for the kleenex.

You're getting a little excited. Better get an ice pack on your head before you do yourself an injury or keel over just as the party is starting.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:56:09 PM

Would it be possible if the client asked the MN if there are "enough" darksend transactions in the pool waiting to be mixed, and if there are, send normal transaction without darksend, and if there aren't, use darksend?
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:57:05 PM

The sell side on cryptsy is getting weaker and weaker. Just look at the market depth.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 09:57:15 PM

Oh man, I need a kleenex...
Better get an ice pack on your head before you do yourself an injury or keel over just as the party is starting.
Nah, this is my natural state... :-p It's all the other times that I need help...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
HinnomTX

Activity: 525

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 09:58:17 PM

But you don't want to make Darksend a rare, one-time event for your money. You want it mixed with others money always to enable anonymization of new money. Otherwise you get a chicken and egg scenario (i.e. awesome Darksend network build out with nobody feeling like they need to Darksend because they sterilized already, so new money has to wait a long time to be Darksent). Everybody should be using the Darksend format to keep liquidity up.

"One can only solve so much with cryptography. The rest of the solution will prove to be economic in nature." -Evan Duffield
Dash is Digital Cash.  https://www.dash.org
camosoul

www.OroCoin.co

View Profile WWW
July 10, 2014, 10:01:43 PM

Serious question here......

What happens if a person Solo-Mining finds a Block?
Do MN payments come out of the Solo Block found?
Or - are all DRK retained by the Solo-Miner?
They're using an up-to-date client, right?

Question answers itself...
Yes - the Client would be up-to-date.

So - I assume that you mean that MN payment would come out?
Then delivered randomly to any one of the many MN's ......?
Voted upon and included in the proof hash...

.OROCOIN.

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █

█
  █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
█ █ █
  █
thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:02:30 PM

But you don't want to make Darksend a rare, one-time event for your money. You want it mixed with others money always to enable anonymization of new money. Otherwise you get a chicken and egg scenario (i.e. awesome Darksend network build out with nobody feeling like they need to Darksend because they sterilized already, so new money has to wait a long time to be Darksent). Everybody should be using the Darksend format to keep liquidity up.

I think the point is that you don't need to 'use darksend' - the masternodes will be kept busy anonymising everyone's coin as an ongoing process, so you'll only ever be sending already untraceable coin.
salmion

View Profile
July 10, 2014, 10:03:15 PM

After every transaction though money will be darksend+ed. So same amount of mixing goes on. But your transaction speed doesn't suffer. Every wallet premixing. There will be plenty to go round.
Pages: « 1 ... 2136 2137 2138 2139 2140 2141 2142 2143 2144 2145 2146 2147 2148 2149 2150 2151 2152 2153 2154 2155 2156 2157 2158 2159 2160 2161 2162 2163 2164 2165 2166 2167 2168 2169 2170 2171 2172 2173 2174 2175 2176 2177 2178 2179 2180 2181 2182 2183 2184 2185 [2186] 2187 2188 2189 2190 2191 2192 2193 2194 2195 2196 2197 2198 2199 2200 2201 2202 2203 2204 2205 2206 2207 2208 2209 2210 2211 2212 2213 2214 2215 2216 2217 2218 2219 2220 2221 2222 2223 2224 2225 2226 2227 2228 2229 2230 2231 2232 2233 2234 2235 2236 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: