Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 [3240] 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722504 times)
AzzAz
Legendary

Activity: 1030
Merit: 1006

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:17:53 PM

To me looks like fresh money poured into BTC now owerflows to LTC
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:24:15 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2014, 12:34:55 PM by toknormal

You see the trollbox as a good thing, yes it's popular and sometimes entertaining, but objectively it makes an exchange look unprofessional and is a "tool" for the pumpers / dumpers.

None of what we like to call "exchanges" are ever going to make crypto look like anything other than a toy to most serious investors.

Until the ETF's arrive, it's going to be predominantly a geek domain and like it or not, half the world gets its most up to date opinion forming information from places like BTCe trollbox. I'm not saying it's informative in its own right, I'm just saying it's the "twitter feed" of crypto. It points people in the direction of trending topics while at the same time providing an instant thermometer of trading sentiment.

Another one that does that is http://www.thebitcoinchannel.com. If you've got those two places covered (pluss possibly http://blockchained.com to catch the trending threads on bitcointalk) then you've basically got everything covered.

When the ETF's arrive things will be a whole new ballgame because investors will appear who never even have to look at a cryptocurrency exchange or even know what a private key or a wallet is. Until then we need to get as high a profile "on the street" as we possibly can IMO.
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:27:52 PM

The market is already barely alive. Cutting off supply isn't going to have the usual effect of driving up value, and we've witnessed this to be true. People are just staying out.

Those who believe DRK will take over the world already have coins. Those who are not sure, are watching which way it'll go. They will rather buy @ 0.02 than 0.006. They don't think they will, but when we are at 0.02 they will be buying lol. And those who hate DRK with a passion, will swallow their pride and will be buying when it's at 0.05. Smiley

We saw what happened to AuroraCoin in the past. Over 90% of coins in existence were locked by the premine; it caused the prize to reach heights previously unseen for a relatively uninspiring altcoin. Locking coins out of the economy will always have a positive effect on the price, history has proven this and simple mathematics back this up.

There are currently so many new anon coins where you need to be very knowledgeable to measure how much they have technical merit.

Once everyone will finally realize how all they will do is add bloat, slowness, barriers to usability, impracticability, and unproven complex cryptography, I think DRK could rocket upwards very quickly.

Add to that the endless possibilities like instant transactions a strong and powerful masternode network will enable, holding DRK right now is making sure you'll be a winner when all the dust have settled.
RenegadeMan

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:39:37 PM

Sorry for the stupid question, but why is BTC-E so important?

[1] - High Liquidity exchange
[2] - World's number 2 after Bitstamp (IMO) outside of China
[3] - If anything happens on BTCe, everyone knows about it
[4] - Market makers not followers
[5] - Very conservative, if it happens on BTCe you know it's not a "fad" (BTCe ALWAYS have the most pessimistic price for BTC. If goes up on there, it's GOING UP)
[6] - Basically the only major Fiat gateway to crypto in the world with any significant liquidity outside of Bitstamp & China
[7] - They don't give a sh*t about alts because they make huge fees from the huge liquidity they have on LTC/USD, BTC/USD and LTC/BTC markets. If they were to add an alt it would be BIG

I'd have DRK on BTCe over any other exchange any day (except Bitstamp & China).

I haven't included Bitfinex because for me it doesn't count - getting DRK on BTCe would be a far bigger PR coup than getting on Bitfinex IMO. Although Bitfinex has a lot of volume, I don't think it has a lot of traders and isn't nearly as much of a brand maker as BTCe is. Plus it hasn't got a trollbox. There's only 1 BTCe trollbox in the world and thats on BTCe - a more cynical, sardonic and out & out sharkish environment does not exist.

Thats where you want your "coin"  Wink

P.S.

[8] - the raw appearance of their trading interface disguises what has proven to be a trading engine built like a tank which handles monumental spikes in volume, including historically significant Bitcoin crashes, without blinking an eyelid

[9] - DRK will never have any chance of getting near LTC's marketcap unless it's on BTCe. BTCe made LTC what it is and has kept it there ever since.

Good summary of BTC-e Tok. It's certainly an institution (of sorts).

I spent quite a bit of time on the BTC-e troll box in the early part of this year and, in fact, found my way to Darkcoin because of the negative comments about it on there. They often refer to it as DORK. It's truly a fascinating study in human nature to spend time on there and witness the blatant lack of balance and the never ending mis-information that's thrown around (peppered with ad nauseum "arise chikun" and "to da moon" posts....mournfully imbecilic doesn't come close to describing it). It's like the BTC-e troll box is representative of all the issues, anomolies and flaws of crypto in general and you can find dozens of Shojayxt's on there....it's quality central (not!) but it's certainly educational to go on there for a bit.

BTC:   1KjAPEa3WvhmDGT4jmT9i5P3UPFdFH629e
DASH: Xdr6U5qcAdbuKRrr3xKBb1ySoPq7MKERnB
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:47:08 PM

Bump ...>>
Laxdude7691

Activity: 102
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:48:03 PM

What the hell is going on this morning? LTC is rising and DRK is dropping??? Markets are whacky!
RenegadeMan

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 12:55:57 PM

To look at the on book order flow presently isn't entirely a great reflection of what will be in the future.
I agree with you. I understand how this works.

My point is this: If you are just barely breathing, and then try to hold your breath for 3 minutes... There comes a point of no return. Maybe if you had been breathing normally up to that point, you could have pulled it off. But you're already starved for oxygen, and now you try to hold your breath for 3 minutes...

The market is already barely alive. Cutting off supply isn't going to have the usual effect of driving up value, and we've witnessed this to be true. People are just staying out. Look at Doge. Why can it hold value in useless pump of extreme inflationary coin? The extreme inflationary nature means it has liquidity... People can buy it and then use it without fucking themselves out of position.

We should stop seeing what we want to see and look at what is actually happening. The evidence is right there... We're just not seeing it because we think we know how this shit works. Clearly, we don't know what we think we know or doge would be 0.00000001 - it's not. So, the rules we think we know clearly aren't applying.

We're decreasing liquidity at a time when there is already a death rattle as a result of not enough liquidity...

Maybe I'm overstating it. I'm not trying to claim that what I'm saying is the path we're on. It sure a shit looks like it... But it looks like PPC should have a market cap of 0. It doesn't... So, what things look like, according the the rules we think we know; it isn't working that way. Crypto changed the fundamental way we thought about money, but I think we have arrived at the wrong conclusions because what we thought we knew is not happening, at all, not even close.

Well 10 out of 10 for persistence Camo in trying to get your point across! I absolutely agree with you. It's a lovely notion that we might end up with 3000 MNs and far less coins in circulation as a result with DRK's price increasing substantially (and MN payments being higher; amongst other factors) but if liquidity isn't there, your examples of a potential user of DRK avoiding it because of the costs of getting hold of enough DRK to perform their transaction outweighing the benefits are a real issue. I know that BTC has gone through many phases in its progression from pure speculative play to being used to transact with, and it still has a long pathway to go before it's truly acting as a "currency", but it's essential we focus on DRK being usable for people to transact anonymously with and they can't do that for any reasonably large sums as it currently stands. If someone wanted to move US$100K anonymously using DRK, their buy (and subsequent sell which everyone would cry "dumper...!" at) would shift the price substantially. So it's currently just not usable for its intended function and we need to get it to be.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts Evan Duffield on this important facet of DRK's economic make-up.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:16:44 PM

What the hell is going on this morning? LTC is rising and DRK is dropping??? Markets are whacky!

Topical remark because that's because of (amongst other things) BTCe high liquidity markets.

If you're trying to turn 50 BTC into 52 BTC for example, you can't do it daytrading with DRK on a regular day.

You can with LTC.
illodin

Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:17:59 PM

If someone wanted to move US$100K anonymously using DRK, their buy (and subsequent sell which everyone would cry "dumper...!" at) would shift the price substantially. So it's currently just not usable for its intended function and we need to get it to be.

What if someone (or a group of people) with a lot of DRK would sell them, and agree to buy them back with exactly the same price (and perhaps take a small vig) for a duration of a week or so?

What would we need to be able to pull this off trustlessly and in a manner where a lot of people could offer their coins for sale, and the system would hold the fiat (or BTC) for the duration, and the buyer could "redeem" the fiat (or BTC) back within a time frame? Maybe the fiat would make this impossible, drk/btc could be doable.

Person A will buy DRK for $10,000 from the system, and will get a token/guid/hash/proof/passphrase called X. Next, person A will anonymize the coins and send them and the proof X to person B (B could be A, or a merchant, or anyone really). Finally, person B will send the coins and the proof X to the system, and will get back the $10,000 - vig. What sucks about this though, is the X, which will link A to B. And probably something else sucks as well, just something I though about when thinking about the slippage problem.
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 01:21:03 PM

The latest shift for the Darkcoin Multipool paid out over 219 DRK.

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
oblox
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:25:19 PM

To look at the on book order flow presently isn't entirely a great reflection of what will be in the future.

My point is this: If you are just barely breathing, and then try to hold your breath for 3 minutes... There comes a point of no return. Maybe if you had been breathing normally up to that point, you could have pulled it off. But you're already starved for oxygen, and now you try to hold your breath for 3 minutes...

The market is already barely alive. Cutting off supply isn't going to have the usual effect of driving up value, and we've witnessed this to be true. People are just staying out. Look at Doge. Why can it hold value in useless pump of extreme inflationary coin? The extreme inflationary nature means it has liquidity... People can buy it and then use it without fucking themselves out of position.

We should stop seeing what we want to see and look at what is actually happening. The evidence is right there... We're just not seeing it because we think we know how this shit works. Clearly, we don't know what we think we know or doge would be 0.00000001 - it's not. So, the rules we think we know clearly aren't applying.

We're decreasing liquidity at a time when there is already a death rattle as a result of not enough liquidity...

Maybe I'm overstating it. I'm not trying to claim that what I'm saying is the path we're on. It sure a shit looks like it... But it looks like PPC should have a market cap of 0. It doesn't... So, what things look like, according the the rules we think we know; it isn't working that way. Crypto changed the fundamental way we thought about money, but I think we have arrived at the wrong conclusions because what we thought we knew is not happening, at all, not even close.

Well 10 out of 10 for persistence Camo in trying to get your point across! I absolutely agree with you. It's a lovely notion that we might end up with 3000 MNs and far less coins in circulation as a result with DRK's price increasing substantially (and MN payments being higher; amongst other factors) but if liquidity isn't there, your examples of a potential user of DRK avoiding it because of the costs of getting hold of enough DRK to perform their transaction outweighing the benefits are a real issue. I know that BTC has gone through many phases in its progression from pure speculative play to being used to transact with, and it still has a long pathway to go before it's truly acting as a "currency", but it's essential we focus on DRK being usable for people to transact anonymously with and they can't do that for any reasonably large sums as it currently stands. If someone wanted to move US$100K anonymously using DRK, their buy (and subsequent sell which everyone would cry "dumper...!" at) would shift the price substantially. So it's currently just not usable for its intended function and we need to get it to be.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts Evan Duffield on this important facet of DRK's economic make-up.

Again, in time liquidity will increase. The volume isn't there and the adoption isn't there for anyone going to try to move $100k right now (DRK isn't even at that stage yet). Until we start seeing >1000 BTC volume days, we are at the mercy of an anemic altcoin market. I think it's poor for anyone to make long-term views on liquidity assumptions with how thin order books are presently, as if they will always remain that way. Certainly, if that's the case, no altcoin is going to survive. In theory, the BTC ETF should bring fresh capital into the crypto markets and we'd see spillage into the altcoins, DRK being one that should see benefit to this. At 3000 MN's and just using today's supply of around 4.8M coins, that leaves 1.8 million coins for trading, but it's naive to think of that as low available liquidity. There is actually 180,000,000,000,000 units available from all the duffs out there. Are you telling me this amount isn't sufficient for daily volume??
studentwiskunde

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:35:41 PM

Darkcoin price ticker Android app.

You can download it from Google Play store.
By searching on:

- DRK price
- DRK price ticker
- Darkcoin price
- Darkcoin price ticker
- Price ticker

Or going to the following link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nl.wiskunde.drk&hl=nl

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Darkcoin donation address: Xs6CMP9B4uaiyYe1XqQDK5dPa5wXB1Nnn2

Announcement

Version 2

Darkcoin(DRK) price ticker

*** App ***
* Darkcoin(DRK) prices shown in Bitcoin,Dollar, Euro, Yuan, and Yen
* Push on Darkcoin logo to refresh price
* Ability input total coins, afterwards total value will be calculated automatically.

*** Widget (beta version) ***
* Widget functionality (push on widget to refresh)
* Widget updates automatically every 5 minutes
* Widget supports Bitcoin, Dollar, and Euro

What's new
- Loading is optimized
- Support for two other currencies: Yuan, and Yen.
- Ability to input your total coins, afterwards total value will be calculated automatically.

New version will be available within two hours on Google Play.

Enjoy!

Please donate to support.

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

Announcement

MintPal API is not working. So the price ticker is not showing any price information.

I have decided to get price information from Bittrex instead of MintPal.

The app is updated and uploaded on Google Play, and will be available within two hours on Google Play.

Sincerely,

Wiskunde

RenegadeMan

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 01:39:45 PM

Again, in time liquidity will increase. The volume isn't there and the adoption isn't there for anyone going to try to move $100k right now (DRK isn't even at that stage yet). Until we start seeing >1000 BTC volume days, we are at the mercy of an anemic altcoin market. I think it's poor for anyone to make long-term views on liquidity assumptions with how thin order books are presently, as if they will always remain that way. Certainly, if that's the case, no altcoin is going to survive. In theory, the BTC ETF should bring fresh capital into the crypto markets and we'd see spillage into the altcoins, DRK being one that should see benefit to this. At 3000 MN's and just using today's supply of around 4.8M coins, that leaves 1.8 million coins for trading, but it's naive to think of that as low available liquidity. There is actually 180,000,000,000,000 units available from all the duffs out there. Are you telling me this amount isn't sufficient for daily volume??

I think it's poor for anyone to make long-term views on liquidity assumptions with how thin order books are presently, as if they will always remain that way.

Not suggesting the current level of liquidity will always remain; just wanting to stimulate conversation on this, as per Camo's commentary. I believe DRK will eventually have great liquidity and be very useful, but maybe there are ideas (like illodin's) that could accelerate DRK's ability to be used for more than just the current speculative focus.

At 3000 MN's and just using today's supply of around 4.8M coins, that leaves 1.8 million coins for trading, but it's naive to think of that as low available liquidity

No, I'm not thinking that. I know that the divisibility down to 8 decimal places creates a lot of room for movement in value. The essence of what I'm interested in is the pathway DRK needs to travel to see dramatically improved liquidity, to the point where large amounts of fiat can be converted without it causing massive spikes in the price.

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:19:14 PM

The essence of what I'm interested in is the pathway DRK needs to travel to see dramatically improved liquidity, to the point where large amounts of fiat can be converted without it causing massive spikes in the price.

That is only going to come with increased market cap and adoption as a currency. Real use needs to greatly outweigh speculation. Not something that's going to happen overnight, and not something that's happened with BTC yet either. These are very early days, even for BTC, the current market cap of which is still corporate small change.

In an ideal world, BTC would be the currency of governments, so we can see what our public servants are spending all our money on, and DRK would be the realm of private citizens, because what we do with our money is none of anyone else's business.  Grin
GhostPlayer
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:24:54 PM

The essence of what I'm interested in is the pathway DRK needs to travel to see dramatically improved liquidity, to the point where large amounts of fiat can be converted without it causing massive spikes in the price.

That is only going to come with increased market cap and adoption as a currency. Real use needs to greatly outweigh speculation. Not something that's going to happen overnight, and not something that's happened with BTC yet either. These are very early days, even for BTC, the current market cap of which is still corporate small change.

Dude that is exactly what I argued a few days ago and you refuted. Maybe I missed the tail of the conversation. But in the crypto world with 8 decimal points of divisibility, liquidity is factor of market-cap, second merchant adoption.

Now dont get me wrong. One thing is liquidity pure and simple, then there is coin health. Merchant adoption is a "must" for the coin to survive long term, unless DRK turns out to be a brand new "thing" in itself, with the future of MN's in mind.
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 02:27:09 PM

I think it's poor for anyone to make long-term views on liquidity assumptions with how thin order books are presently, as if they will always remain that way.

Not suggesting the current level of liquidity will always remain; just wanting to stimulate conversation on this, as per Camo's commentary. I believe DRK will eventually have great liquidity and be very useful, but maybe there are ideas (like illodin's) that could accelerate DRK's ability to be used for more than just the current speculative focus.

At 3000 MN's and just using today's supply of around 4.8M coins, that leaves 1.8 million coins for trading, but it's naive to think of that as low available liquidity

No, I'm not thinking that. I know that the divisibility down to 8 decimal places creates a lot of room for movement in value. The essence of what I'm interested in is the pathway DRK needs to travel to see dramatically improved liquidity, to the point where large amounts of fiat can be converted without it causing massive spikes in the price.

I think we'll have more liquidity, I'll try to breakdown the argument:

1.) Let's say we have 3000 masternodes and a 400M marketcap. Masternodes enjoy 50% of the total coins mined. Lets say there's 6 million coins, so that's $66.60 per coin on the exchanges.
2.) The total masternode network will make 1440 coins a day (576*5*.50 = 1440)
3.) How much of those coins do they sell? 30%? If that's true, each day there will be 0.3*1440*66.6 worth of coins for sale. So we can do $28771 worth of business a day with no premium.

TLDR; A higher market cap means more people can buy things without any premium to use DRK. Also, if there's 50k of business happening a day the price will just go up, allowing more business to be done.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
thelonecrouton
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:36:42 PM

Dude that is exactly what I argued a few days ago and you refuted. Maybe I missed the tail of the conversation. But in the crypto world with 8 decimal points of divisibility, liquidity is factor of market-cap, second merchant adoption.

Now dont get me wrong. One thing is liquidity pure and simple, then there is coin health. Merchant adoption is a "must" for the coin to survive long term, unless DRK turns out to be a brand new "thing" in itself, with the future of MN's in mind.

My argument a few days back was, IIRC, that what most people call liquidity != stability, and neither have anything to do with the number of integer coins in circulation. Anyway, glad we have hopefully come to agree on something. Smiley

Adoption is everything, and that happening or not will have almost nothing to do with the block reward split or any other technical matter that 99.99999% of the potential user base just don't care about.

Fast, easy, cheap, secure and private are all great selling points.

Nobody gives a damn about infrastructure reward allocation.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:37:24 PM

+1

What makes the market liquid is price - not number of coins.

There are 2 markets in that regard:

[1] - the DRK / BTC ratio

[2] - the DRK / USD market

So if we don't get a massive revaluation against Bitcoin itself, there's still an opportunity of high liquidity against Fiat if Bitcoin substantially revalues. That's why (IMO) our fortunes are inexorably tied to those of Bitcoin's which in turn is why I often remark on Bitcoin developments on this thread.
karlb187

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Need To Contact Me? Go To My Site!

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2014, 02:37:59 PM

we still have 37 tickets for the 45DRK lottery! Only 1DRK per ticket.  Grin

Let's get them sold so we can pick the winners.

http://drklotto.com

26 to go:
Datum: 14.10.2014 11:39
An: drklotto XkpXNRiDd5WQNSh3Hgizm5jDYYWY7j3k8d
Belastung: -11.00 DRK
Nettobetrag: -11.00 DRK
Transaktions-ID: 667d020ce54ebb3915e3caafc6f16dde11282072b02aafa6dd01b27cd6e6240a

ok, this makes 26 tickets left for sale and then we pick the winners.

Good luck everyone

Bitcoin Faucet List Maker      Makes Your Bitcoin Commissions Explode!   (100% FREE)
   Paid to Post Bitcoin Forum      Earn Up To 3,000 Satoshi Per Post!  
 ▥ SKYPE: karl.moneyinpjs ▥ ▦ TWITTER: @karlmoneyinpjs
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2014, 02:47:12 PM

1.) Let's say we have 3000 masternodes and a 400M marketcap

Wow. Now we're talking.

400 million market cap ?

Pages: « 1 ... 3190 3191 3192 3193 3194 3195 3196 3197 3198 3199 3200 3201 3202 3203 3204 3205 3206 3207 3208 3209 3210 3211 3212 3213 3214 3215 3216 3217 3218 3219 3220 3221 3222 3223 3224 3225 3226 3227 3228 3229 3230 3231 3232 3233 3234 3235 3236 3237 3238 3239 [3240] 3241 3242 3243 3244 3245 3246 3247 3248 3249 3250 3251 3252 3253 3254 3255 3256 3257 3258 3259 3260 3261 3262 3263 3264 3265 3266 3267 3268 3269 3270 3271 3272 3273 3274 3275 3276 3277 3278 3279 3280 3281 3282 3283 3284 3285 3286 3287 3288 3289 3290 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: