Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:44:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 3554 3555 3556 3557 3558 3559 3560 3561 3562 3563 3564 3565 3566 3567 3568 3569 3570 3571 3572 3573 3574 3575 3576 3577 3578 3579 3580 3581 3582 3583 3584 3585 3586 3587 3588 3589 3590 3591 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 3597 3598 3599 3600 3601 3602 3603 [3604] 3605 3606 3607 3608 3609 3610 3611 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722714 times)
tungfa
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1023

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 07:44:49 AM

Proof of Honor Voting !
http://www.coinssource.com/poh/

Please vote here by posting to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.new#new
Evan is on #3 in the moment,
step up and lets change that !

Tx
and please Bump this ....>
tx
 Cool

Voting will begin 12/1/2014 at 12:00 PM PST ....>
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 08:17:35 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 08:56:20 AM by tungfa

Proof of Honor Voting !
http://www.coinssource.com/poh/

Please vote here by posting to:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.new#new
Evan is on #3 in the moment,
step up and lets change that !

Tx
and please Bump this ....>
tx
 Cool

Voting will begin 12/1/2014 at 12:00 PM PST ....>

Check this Thread for updates:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=855130.msg9703309#msg9703309

PS:
- Sunny King : Peercoin
- Mohammed Roshan : SaffronCoin
f2000

Activity: 93
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 09:38:13 AM

I believe in the se
I love Darksend but you have to realize it will be replaced once someone starts a zero knowledge proof coin.

While I've been working on DarkSend I've been thinking about this alot. You know what the problem is with a zero knowledge proof? There's a secret key that will be attacked by governments and it will eventually be cracked. That will make every transaction that ever happened in that blockchain cleartext and allow every future transaction to also be viewed as cleartext. I'm going to venture to say the government is working on quantum computers and such crypto can be solved with shor's algorithm. When they do, they're not going to tell anyone. So it's a giant honeypot.

DarkSend is immune to such attacks, all involved crypto functions could be cracked and the mixing is still done off blockchain by the masternodes. Off blockchain means that the information is lost and that's the only way to secure it, you can't do it with cryptography.

Long time no see.

Does anybody know if Evan feels the same now?
This "secret key" problem as he describes?

Evan?

Pretty sure it still stands...

I would also be interested to hear what Evan (or one of the other technical guys) thinks of this. Im not well versed in the voodoo crypto.
crowning

Activity: 212
Merit: 100

Activity: -42

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:25:13 AM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 11:57:18 AM by crowning

I love Darksend but you have to realize it will be replaced once someone starts a zero knowledge proof coin.

While I've been working on DarkSend I've been thinking about this alot. You know what the problem is with a zero knowledge proof? There's a secret key that will be attacked by governments and it will eventually be cracked. That will make every transaction that ever happened in that blockchain cleartext and allow every future transaction to also be viewed as cleartext. I'm going to venture to say the government is working on quantum computers and such crypto can be solved with shor's algorithm. When they do, they're not going to tell anyone. So it's a giant honeypot.

DarkSend is immune to such attacks, all involved crypto functions could be cracked and the mixing is still done off blockchain by the masternodes. Off blockchain means that the information is lost and that's the only way to secure it, you can't do it with cryptography.

Long time no see.

Evan?

I don't know much about Evan's feelings  Grin, but since his statement is based on facts and mathematics  his statement will be the same.

Maybe today he'll go as far as I do and changes the statement to "anything with a secret master key is fucked-up by design, but no one will tell you because the people in charge (governments et al) like it that way".

(okay, he will use the word "broken" instead of "fucked-up".)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 10:39:43 AM

See if I haven't been banging on about the advantages of a 2-tier network for weeks now.

- legacy compliance with Bitcoin commercial infrastructure
 - decoupled scope of anon-tech allowing for evolutionary or revolutionary revisions to be firewalled off from the blockchain development
 - ability to support pre-emtive rather than reactive anonymisation
 - ability to support multiple redundancy anonymisation as opposed to just single redundancy with single-tier network
 - following on from that, massive resistance against attacks on algo weaknesses due to multiple redundancy mixing

and now (now being back in April 2014 but I just saw it 'now') Evan has added...

- resistance to cracking by shor's algorithm

thelonecrouton
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:07:01 AM

DarkCoin Open Bazaar integration is far away. OpenBazaar Project has alot of work todo.

Open Bazaar is a marketplace, not a payment processor. You can buy and sell in whatever currency you want.
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 11:25:08 AM

See if I haven't been banging on about the advantages of a 2-tier network for weeks now.

- decoupled scope of anon-tech allowing for evolutionary or revolutionary revisions to be firewalled off from the blockchain development
 - ability to support multiple redundancy anonymisation as opposed to just single redundancy with single-tier network
 - following on from that, massive resistance against attacks on algo weaknesses due to multiple redundancy mixing

and now (now being back in April 2014 but I just saw it 'now') Evan has added...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:13:29 PM

Long time no see.

Evan?

I don't know much about Evan's feelings  Grin, but since his statement is based on facts and mathematics  his statement will be the same.

Maybe today he'll go as far as I do and changes the statement to "anything with a secret master key is fucked-up by design, but no one will tell you because the people in charge (governments et al) like it that way".

(okay, he will use the word "broken" instead of "fucked-up".)

Six months is a long time in crypto. Perhaps there have been developments in ZK that have led Evan to change his feelings?
For example Evan's above comment speaks about decrypting every ZK transaction by cracking ONE secret master key. The use of a multiple key architecture would presumably take care of this assuming such a thing were do-able. Perhaps off-blockchain tech exists for ZK?

I'm no expert, but I do know enough time has elapsed for the "landscape" to have changed.

I hold DRK and SDC (ShadowCash). We do know that Evan approached SDC for a merger and we know SDC are doing ZK work. Evan spoke of his respect for ryno's coding abilities but was he also interested in the ZK research of the Shadow team?

I'm all about the ANon and quest for the best.

BTW (hypothetical) What happens if one group runs a good chunk of masternodes, say 51%. Would they have any advantage in breaking darksend anon (like running lots of tor nodes breaks tor anon)?

thx

Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:18:00 PM

Me too !
xxxgoodgirls
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:26:56 PM

BTW (hypothetical) What happens if one group runs a good chunk of masternodes, say 51%. Would they have any advantage in breaking darksend anon (like running lots of tor nodes breaks tor anon)?

thx

At the actual rate owning the 51% of the MNs require an investmen of almost 1.5M$.
2250 MNs and DRK value being 3$ it would cost 3.3M$.
You see it gets harder and harder as the network keeps growning.

In summary, the Intel Management Engine and its applications are a backdoor with total access to and control over the rest of the PC. The ME is a threat to freedom, security, and privacy, and the libreboot project strongly recommends avoiding it entirely. Since recent versions of it can’t be removed, this means avoiding all recent generations of Intel hardware. details https://libreboot.org/faq.html#intelme --- https://tehnoetic.com/laptops --- https://store.vikings.net/x200-ryf-certfied
dasource

Activity: 821

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:31:05 PM

thx

At the actual rate owning the 51% of the MNs require an investmen of almost 1.5M$.

That is interesting point ... food for though; if you where the feds what would you do:

1. Buy 50%+ MN @ $2 million
2. Try and crack the encryption and spend $100+ millions and countless years if not decades?

^ I am with STUPID!
tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:31:26 PM

Airbnb Warming to Bitcoin, Invites Coinbase to HQ ....>>

(and as AirBnB has legal issues in enough countries, DRK might be the way forward !)

http://cointelegraph.com/news/113020/airbnb-warming-to-bitcoin-invites-coinbase-to-hq
 Grin Cool Grin
Ignition75

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

www.dashpay.io

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:38:13 PM

thx

That is interesting point ... food for though; if you where the feds what would you do:

2. Try and crack the encryption and spend $100+ millions and countless years if not decades?

It would cost a lot more, price would get pushed far beyond $3 as you're scooping up that many DRK.

Not sure if that many DRK are available to purchase either...

The new generation have arrived and they brought their own currency...
dasource

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:45:40 PM

It would cost a lot more, price would get pushed far beyond $3 as you're scooping up that many DRK.

Not sure if that many DRK are available to purchase either...

Likely yeah, but what is to say they do not already run them just like with TOR? Masses of DRK was traded in the previous weeks/months and it would not exactly be difficult to buy 50,000 to 100,000 DRK .... We are talking small change here v.s. breaking encryption algos.

^ I am with STUPID!
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:46:45 PM

thx

First, to own 50% of the masternodes currently you'd have to buy another 1240 nodes. If you got those at spot price it would be $3MM. But you won't, so you'd probably spend closer to $30MM. And when/if DRK is at a point where national agencies start getting interested, it's not going to be $2.39/DRK anymore.

Second, 50% is not some magic number wrt owning masternodes. Actually, 50% is not nearly enough to give any meaningful chance of deanonymizing anything. And even if you had 100% of the nodes, you couldn't deanonymize the transactions that have already happened, nor the future transactions that use funds that have been premixed earlier. Trying to corner the masternode network just requires a lot of effort and resources for questionable gains.
Kai Proctor

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

01100100 01100001 01110011 01101000

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:47:24 PM

thx

It's not just 51% of the masternodes it would have to be a large majority of them, pushing the cost higher.

Masternode Snooping

When Darksend peers mix with each other they use a dedicated node, called a Masternode. This node in the present implementation is required to be able to see the inputs and outputs of the transactions to ensure that parties sign, otherwise the system will charge them collateral fees.

Peers mix with many different Masternodes in a row, known as “rounds” of anonymity in the client. To follow a transaction through the full process, a user must go through a series of malicious Masternodes. This process is random, so a bad actor would need to control many Masternodes in order to attack in this way.

The trade off is a sybil resistant system or one with more personal privacy from snooping Masternodes. But in the case where a Masternode is blinded, collateral protection can’t be used. If a Masternode is blind to the submission of outputs and signing, by definition it would not know who to charge the collateral.

There are other options available, such as banning inputs of users that attempt to break the system. Something like this will have to be utilized in addition to a blinded setup to protect the system from abuse.

Source : https://darkcointalk.org/threads/reply-to-kristovs-paper.2325/

It was after the review of Kristov Atlas (many of those are now mitigated).
dasource

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 12:52:42 PM

First, to own 50% of the masternodes currently you'd have to buy another 1240 nodes. If you got those at spot price it would be $3MM. But you won't, so you'd probably spend closer to $30MM. And when/if DRK is at a point where national agencies start getting interested, it's not going to be $2.39/DRK anymore.

Second, 50% is not some magic number wrt owning masternodes. Actually, 50% is not nearly enough to give any meaningful chance of deanonymizing anything. And even if you had 100% of the nodes, you couldn't deanonymize the transactions that have already happened, nor the future transactions that use funds that have been premixed earlier. Trying to corner the masternode network just requires a lot of effort and resources for questionable gains.

Fair point (other than the assumption that they do not already run a % of current MNs; which they could quite easily or equally not) what I am trying to understand is how we came to the conclusion that it is cheaper to crack encryption algos v.s. buying up enough MN to decrypt x% of TXs.

^ I am with STUPID!
child_harold

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:11:22 PM

thx

It's not just 51% of the masternodes it would have to be a large majority of them, pushing the cost higher.

Masternode Snooping

When Darksend peers mix with each other they use a dedicated node, called a Masternode. This node in the present implementation is required to be able to see the inputs and outputs of the transactions to ensure that parties sign, otherwise the system will charge them collateral fees.

Peers mix with many different Masternodes in a row, known as “rounds” of anonymity in the client. To follow a transaction through the full process, a user must go through a series of malicious Masternodes. This process is random, so a bad actor would need to control many Masternodes in order to attack in this way.

The trade off is a sybil resistant system or one with more personal privacy from snooping Masternodes. But in the case where a Masternode is blinded, collateral protection can’t be used. If a Masternode is blind to the submission of outputs and signing, by definition it would not know who to charge the collateral.

There are other options available, such as banning inputs of users that attempt to break the system. Something like this will have to be utilized in addition to a blinded setup to protect the system from abuse.

Source : https://darkcointalk.org/threads/reply-to-kristovs-paper.2325/

It was after the review of Kristov Atlas (many of those are now mitigated).

"a user must go through a series of malicious Masternodes. This process is random, so a bad actor would need to control many Masternodes in order to attack in this way."

OK. Guess that answers one of my Q's. It is theoretically possible to de-anonymize transactions by running a series of malicious MN's (kind of like running many malicious TOR nodes I guess).

I will wait on Evan (or a trusted team member i suppose) for the answer to my main question:

Six months is a long time in crypto. Perhaps there have been developments in ZK that have led Evan to change his feelings?
For example Evan's above comment speaks about decrypting every ZK transaction by cracking ONE secret master key. The use of a multiple key architecture would presumably take care of this assuming such a thing were do-able. Perhaps off-blockchain tech exists for ZK?

I'm no expert, but I do know enough time has elapsed for the "landscape" to have changed.

I hold DRK and SDC (ShadowCash). We do know that Evan approached SDC for a merger and we know SDC are doing ZK work. Evan spoke of his respect for ryno's coding abilities but was he also interested in the ZK research of the Shadow team?

I'm all about the ANon and quest for the best.

thx

tungfa
Legendary

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:23:25 PM
Last edit: December 01, 2014, 01:35:42 PM by tungfa

Is Bitcoin the Future?
By John Mauldin | November 30, 2014

Mauldins newsletter is likely one of the most influential newsletters in the English-language financial scene !! ...>
(very interesting paper, NO DRK !)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8TiBhsCw3eGZlE2RnhUTVVGR0U/view?usp=sharing
 Cool
defunctec
Legendary

Activity: 1092

View Profile
December 01, 2014, 01:28:58 PM

Fair point (other than the assumption that they do not already run a % of current MNs; which they could quite easily or equally not) what I am trying to understand is how we came to the conclusion that it is cheaper to crack encryption algos v.s. buying up enough MN to decrypt x% of TXs.

You cannot buy enough darkcoin to jeopardize the network.

1200ish MN's exist, if you wanted 50% of the MN network you'd need another 1,200,000 Darkcoins!

Buying this amount over any time period will have significant effect on the spot price.

As the buyer is clearly buying, sell walls would be removed and people become bullish. The price of Darkcoin would go so high the incentive for investors to set up new masternodes becomes more attractive, bringing more masternodes to the network that are not "Gov" owned.

If the government wanted to buy 1,200,000 darkcoin, it would send the market cap into the billions.
Pages: « 1 ... 3554 3555 3556 3557 3558 3559 3560 3561 3562 3563 3564 3565 3566 3567 3568 3569 3570 3571 3572 3573 3574 3575 3576 3577 3578 3579 3580 3581 3582 3583 3584 3585 3586 3587 3588 3589 3590 3591 3592 3593 3594 3595 3596 3597 3598 3599 3600 3601 3602 3603 [3604] 3605 3606 3607 3608 3609 3610 3611 3612 3613 3614 3615 3616 3617 3618 3619 3620 3621 3622 3623 3624 3625 3626 3627 3628 3629 3630 3631 3632 3633 3634 3635 3636 3637 3638 3639 3640 3641 3642 3643 3644 3645 3646 3647 3648 3649 3650 3651 3652 3653 3654 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: