Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 09:49:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 7012 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][DASH] Dash (dash.org) | First Self-Funding Self-Governing Crypto Currency  (Read 9722548 times)
TanteStefana

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:46:31 AM

I think a multipool that auto-sells for DRK would be perfect, it'd save me a job anyway Tongue. And it would do wonders for the price I'm sure, which right now is just too stable for my liking (which isn't a bad thing though!)
+1 talking of that for so long now. where are all the pool devs??? $$$

Could it be ChaosITec secret project?  Wink

Now that would be cool!  I'd still have a favorite pool!  LOL

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.msg6221304#msg6221304
Pay attention to this part
4.) We have something very special coming up in May that is nothing less than epic. We are keeping it a secret until the day of the event because we will be the first cyrpto-currency in history to do what we are planning to do. By the end of May everyone; including the supporters of BTC will look at this community in awe.

I hardly consider them an enemy let alone a threat.  They're boasting way too much.  By the end of May, I'll bet the developers will be long gone.  If you have any of that coin, you might want to sell it while it's being pumped....

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
The Future of Work. Decentralized.
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
coins101
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:48:04 AM

IMO BlackCoin could be serious threat to DarkCoin. As a community we should take it seriously:

1. If BC implement DarkSend, DRK could be doomed
2. BC multipool is going to use X11 (this is already happening, it is just a matter of days)
3. I think that more "average Joe" kind of people will consider DarkCoin just a copy of BC because they will firstly hear about blackcoin, which is a big hype nowdays, and they have great  marketing(Apple is big copy-cat, but people find it innovative ).

Pumps (and dumps) happen in altcoin-land all the time. Stop panicking. And if BC tried to mine DRK, they wouldn't impact price much. The more hashes they contribute, the fewer total coins there will be per day.

+1

Epic pump... make no mistakes, epic dump will follow. There is nothing special warranting that price. Auroracoin anyone?

Pumpers have been slowly buying @ 500-1000 satoshi, then Twitter campaign for a couple weeks and careful buy support to pump slowly.
Only question, is it still a greed phase, or delusion:

Result: With careful sales pumpers can get 50-100 times return.
It's not all bad if the new floor ends up higher than before, just a lot of suckers loosing by buying at high prices and holding.

Looks like blackcoin is following the chart.

Its going down to affordable levels for those that missed out last time  Grin
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:51:47 AM

Is there a way to include an encrypted name and address field with a DarkSend transaction?

It may sound like a stupid question, but retail merchants are backing off from bitcoin because it is anonymous (I know it's not).  

So you can walk into a gun shop in the USA and pay cash for the biggest gun they sell. You could have just got that cash from selling crack at the local school gate.

Cash is not seen as a problem, provided you have some ID.

Try and buy M&Ms on Amazon with Bitcoin and there is no chance in hell. That is seen is an evil money laundering no-no.

Maybe what retailers might prefer is a Darkcoin payment that includes the name and address, which matches the name and address on their account. How about a name and address that cross-checks to voter registration or a driving licence.

Where is the risk to them at this point? The whole world can't see the transaction, but the merchant has an audit trail they can show the cops. Job done. Next merchant please sign here.................

As with DarkSend having an opt-out function, adding name and address fields can be an opt-in service - for those that were wondering which bit of anonymous I didn't get.

Let's patent that and give the royalties to the darkcoin holders.

That's in the works (a note field that gets encrypted as part of the transactio), also there shouldn't be any problem for a retailer to accept the coin, it's instant and there can be no chargebacks.  The rest is up to them to have a good interface that the purchaser can fill out with all the pertinent information.  And buyer beware.  There should be no reason in the world a merchant wouldn't accept crypto, other than the volatility of the prices.

Why would a merchant need any of that information?  If they're going to sent the item, then that's one thing, but why would they need to know anything else about me?  

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 12:57:14 AM

There is a lot of crap being posted about BC here and I want to clarify. Its not being pumped on specualtion its being pumped because the multipool dumps crapcoins and buys blackcoin. Blackcoin is not minable and thus they are proving that POS > POW. Its just that simple. Its not specualtion its fact. POS cant be forked with 51% attack or selfish miner since the stakeholders are the ones who confirm tx. So its just better. Bitcoin will die once the computers can 51% attack it and that is a very real problem. Darkcoin is amazing. It really is. I have been in it for a very long time. I was one of the earliest buyers. But Darkcoins time has not come yet. Also, its only going to be popular with a niche crowd. I love Darksend but you have to realize it will be replaced once someone starts a zero knowledge proof coin. So yeah... I believe in both. But its time for the multipool in BC to shine. And fast confirmation time IS better. I am writing software for Bitcoin that will do contracts and the annoying part is, I can not do decentralized exchanges in a speedy maner in Bitcoin. On Blackcoin I can. Even DRK is faster. So really Bitcoin will get bottlenecked and Blackcoin is playing this market like it should. A battle ground.

Thats just my opinion. Im not here for FUD. I am a holder of DRK too. I love DRK. I want it to succeed. My message to the DEVs is get your rear in gear and get Darksend out of beta before its too late.
mannie

Activity: 168

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:05:43 AM

There is a lot of crap being posted about BC here and I want to clarify. Its not being pumped on specualtion its being pumped because the multipool dumps crapcoins and buys blackcoin. Blackcoin is not minable and thus they are proving that POS > POW. Its just that simple. Its not specualtion its fact. POS cant be forked with 51% attack or selfish miner since the stakeholders are the ones who confirm tx. So its just better. Bitcoin will die once the computers can 51% attack it and that is a very real problem. Darkcoin is amazing. It really is. I have been in it for a very long time. I was one of the earliest buyers. But Darkcoins time has not come yet. Also, its only going to be popular with a niche crowd. I love Darksend but you have to realize it will be replaced once someone starts a zero knowledge proof coin. So yeah... I believe in both. But its time for the multipool in BC to shine. And fast confirmation time IS better. I am writing software for Bitcoin that will do contracts and the annoying part is, I can not do decentralized exchanges in a speedy maner in Bitcoin. On Blackcoin I can. Even DRK is faster. So really Bitcoin will get bottlenecked and Blackcoin is playing this market like it should. A battle ground.

Thats just my opinion. Im not here for FUD. I am a holder of DRK too. I love DRK. I want it to succeed. My message to the DEVs is get your rear in gear and get Darksend out of beta before its too late.

Maybe I don't understand it but this multipool idea seems great for short-term speculation but won't do anything for long term growth. That can only come from legitimate demand borne from real world use. I see DRK actually being USED TO BUY THINGS which is more than I can say for 99% of the other coins. I also certainly hope the devs can deliver soon!
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:16:54 AM

That's ok, if you feel good about it, that's great.  I'm not up on Blackcoin, I read about it, and wasn't interested.  So I can only go by how I feel when I did check them out.  In the end, nobody knows until they actually show something.

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:20:09 AM

mannie,  With multi pool, as I understand it, they direct the pool toward the coin that is currently making more money.  I don't want to deal with other coins so much, especially if it's going to take me away from supporting Darkcoin.  However, if the multipool turns all coins into the coin you want, in my case dark, then I might be persuaded to do it, LOL.

I just realized tomorrow is April 15th, doesn't look like Bitcoin died yet??  Grin Cheesy

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
HammerHedd

Activity: 168

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 01:22:58 AM

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies even closer https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=469640.msg6221304#msg6221304
4.) We have something very special coming up in May that is nothing less than epic. We are keeping it a secret until the day of the event because we will be the first cyrpto-currency in history to do what we are planning to do. By the end of May everyone; including the supporters of BTC will look at this community in awe.

I really hope the surprise involves festive party hats...

This sounds interesting, but there is so little substance. It's hard to care when they don't really tell you anything other than "Watch this space".

I don't think BC is an enemy, tho. I think they are just another competing concept. At least they (as opposed to some other alts) have some interesting ideas (POS vs POW). It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

DRK: XepkHLT2MYTXSFDc2muiGeA9eRzG6ytpSy       P2Pool: stratum+tcp://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net:7903
BTC: 1LVE3pFpAhSrHbiK5hAUWDeVrB5UrPXRkJ                    http://darkcoin.kicks-ass.net
Propulsion

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:31:17 AM

I really hope the surprise involves festive party hats...

This sounds interesting, but there is so little substance. It's hard to care when they don't really tell you anything other than "Watch this space".

I don't think BC is an enemy, tho. I think they are just another competing concept. At least they (as opposed to some other alts) have some interesting ideas (POS vs POW). It will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Maybe a piñata? Grin
stacksmasher

Activity: 121

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:31:56 AM

Why is no one talking about the fact the CPU miners posted on the front page are riddled with malware???
eduffield (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1036

Dash Developer

View Profile WWW
April 15, 2014, 01:36:22 AM

I love Darksend but you have to realize it will be replaced once someone starts a zero knowledge proof coin.

While I've been working on DarkSend I've been thinking about this alot. You know what the problem is with a zero knowledge proof? There's a secret key that will be attacked by governments and it will eventually be cracked. That will make every transaction that ever happened in that blockchain cleartext and allow every future transaction to also be viewed as cleartext. I'm going to venture to say the government is working on quantum computers and such crypto can be solved with shor's algorithm. When they do, they're not going to tell anyone. So it's a giant honeypot.

DarkSend is immune to such attacks, all involved crypto functions could be cracked and the mixing is still done off blockchain by the masternodes. Off blockchain means that the information is lost and that's the only way to secure it, you can't do it with cryptography.

Dash - Digital Cash | dash.org | dashfoundation.io | dashgo.io
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:37:36 AM

Why is no one talking about the fact the CPU miners posted on the front page are riddled with malware???

Because they're not?
I love Darksend but you have to realize it will be replaced once someone starts a zero knowledge proof coin.

While I've been working on DarkSend I've been thinking about this alot. You know what the problem is with a zero knowledge proof? There's a secret key that will be attacked by governments and it will eventually be cracked. That will make every transaction that ever happened in that blockchain cleartext and allow every future transaction to also be viewed as cleartext. I'm going to venture to say the government is working on quantum computers and such crypto can be solved with shor's algorithm. When they do, they're not going to tell anyone. So it's a giant honeypot.

DarkSend is immune to such attacks, all involved crypto functions could be cracked and the mixing is still done off blockchain by the masternodes. Off blockchain means that the information is lost and that's the only way to secure it, you can't do it with cryptography.

I like this.
Propulsion

The Buck Stops Here.

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:43:56 AM

Site seems back up.  Grin

Sorry for the hassle. I was paying for two seperate servers. I moved the server to the more powerful one and am getting rid of the other. The host provider told me it would be seamless with no down time. Tongue
TanteStefana

The Future Of Work

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 01:51:52 AM

They're not.  Some wallets can have malware in them, but almost all wallets will come up as having malware in them with certain online virus scanners.  Malwarebytes, one of the most respected malware detection programs, marks wallets as PUPs which means potentially unwanted programs. 

█ ANN THREAD █
﹝Whitepaper﹞
【BLACKBOX OS】
TELEGRAM﹞﹝FACEBOOK
TWITTERYOUTUBE
Simcom

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 02:28:04 AM

They're not.  Some wallets can have malware in them, but almost all wallets will come up as having malware in them with certain online virus scanners.  Malwarebytes, one of the most respected malware detection programs, marks wallets as PUPs which means potentially unwanted programs. 

Everything Tante said applies to miners as well  Tongue  They are always flagged as malware, even though they are not.
the_darkness

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:12:00 AM

Everything Tante said applies to miners as well  Tongue  They are always flagged as malware, even though they are not.

To add on to this: the reason cpu miners are sometimes classed as malware is because botnets often install them onto unsuspecting computers in order to allow them to mine cryptocurrencies.
novymivo

Activity: 266

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:13:59 AM

Hi All,

First post and apologies if this has already been covered. I was hoping someone could help me get to a good config for mining darkcoin.

I currently have a HIS R9 280X IceQ X2 and a Sapphire R9 280X Dual-X running on BAMT 1.6 using sgminer-sph 4.1.0. The cards combined are hashing at best at 3.2MHS and undervolted to 1.100 does this sound about right?

If anyone can advise whether I could get a better hash rate on these cards and whether they have undervolted the cards I would appreciate it.

Mark

I have two R9 280x's running in my rig @ 4.6mh (2.3mh/per card).  I undervolted my cards for scrypt but it wasn't necessary for X11 for me at least, the power savings was in the 40% range already.  

Here is my sgminer-sph.conf:

Code:
{
    "pools": [
        {
   "poolname" : "P2Pool",
   "url" : "stratum+tcp://cryptohasher.net:7903",
   "user": "",
   "pass": ""
        },

{
   "poolname" : "P2Pool (backup)",
   "url" : "stratum+tcp://66.211.20.245:7903",
   "user": "",
   "pass": ""
        }
    ],
    "auto-fan": true,
    "gpu-fan": "40-100",
    "temp-cutoff": "90",
    "temp-overheat": "85",
    "temp-target": "75",

"worksize": "256",
    "xintensity": "100",
    "thread-concurrency": "8192",
    "lookup-gap" : "1",
    "expiry" : "1",
    "gpu-threads" : "1",
    "vectors" : "1",
    "shaders" : "2560",
    "gpu-dyninterval" : "7",

"api-port": "4028",
    "api-listen": true,
    "api-allow": "W:127.0.0.1",

"failover-only" : true,
    "no-pool-disable": true,
    "no-submit-stale" : true,

"queue": "0",
    "scan-time" : "1",

"kernel" : "darkcoin",
    "kernel-path": "/usr/local/bin"
}

EDIT:  One other thing, my cards never get above 60C and fans run at 40% (1900rpm).

Thanks very much for those settings now hashing away nicely at 4.6mhs. Its appreciated, let me know your wallet address I'll send some coin over.

No problem at all, no coins needed.  If anything, direct them to the Darkcoin bounties that LimLims has put together:  https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=421615.msg5780031#msg5780031

greaT settings,
Have you got settings for r9 270 ??

1DP6hkRCNoxE15QFfyeqxRk1qu7gX4FzGS
Echoenigma

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:16:41 AM

Why my GPU was always overheating when I mining? Sad Sad
kadrek

Activity: 327

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:37:00 AM

Overheating when mining Darkcoin? Do you have terrible airflow?

SWIPE         │

│   Monetizing mobile engagement data,
on the blockchain            [      
SWIPE
WHITEPAPER
]            
TELEGRAM
TWITTER
MEDIUM
REDDIT
Simcom

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 03:37:13 AM

The key is to have an open case with a fan blowing inside.  Risers also help a lot..
Pages: « 1 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 653 654 655 656 657 658 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 668 669 670 671 672 673 674 675 676 677 678 679 680 681 682 683 684 685 686 687 688 689 690 691 692 693 694 695 696 [697] 698 699 700 701 702 703 704 705 706 707 708 709 710 711 712 713 714 715 716 717 718 719 720 721 722 723 724 725 726 727 728 729 730 731 732 733 734 735 736 737 738 739 740 741 742 743 744 745 746 747 ... 7012 »
  Print  

Jump to: