Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 03:33:45 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoinica - Advanced Bitcoin Trading Platform  (Read 51025 times)
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

Activity: 490
Merit: 502

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2012, 10:45:47 PM

well it's been over 8 hours now & I haven't heard anything, not that I was expecting to of course & I'm still unable to withdraw my slowly dwindling Net Value balance now at $350.99 or liquidate or do anything at all on my Bitcoinica account & yes a base price of $4,389,544,719,889,099,776 hmmm - a little steep maybe  Undecided

Try this:

Buy 0.03 ฿, and the liquidate again.

Try this:

just restore my $351.70 Net Value so that I can withdraw it & please to remove your crazy false Active Positions on my account, plus fix your coding so that it actually does maths instead of "Active Positions ~ Amount = 9.99200722162641e-16" just what is that FFS! when I have a zero position!

is all the back end coded like this?

over 10 hours now...

& no satisfaction  Angry

I have already cleared up the position and all the funds in your account are available for withdrawal.

Thank you for your patience!

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

Donations for my future Bitcoin projects: 19Uk3tiD5XkBcmHyQYhJxp9QHoub7RosVb

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
beardman

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 12:28:03 AM
Last edit: March 21, 2012, 01:03:03 AM by beardman

well it's been over 8 hours now & I haven't heard anything, not that I was expecting to of course & I'm still unable to withdraw my slowly dwindling Net Value balance now at $350.99 or liquidate or do anything at all on my Bitcoinica account & yes a base price of $4,389,544,719,889,099,776 hmmm - a little steep maybe  Undecided

Try this:

Try this:

just restore my $351.70 Net Value so that I can withdraw it & please to remove your crazy false Active Positions on my account, plus fix your coding so that it actually does maths instead of "Active Positions ~ Amount = 9.99200722162641e-16" just what is that FFS! when I have a zero position!

over 10 hours now...

& no satisfaction  Angry

I have already cleared up the position and all the funds in your account are available for withdrawal.

Did I somehow do you wrong and end up on your ignore list? I've tried to be courteous, but I've been waiting almost a week for anything from Bitcoinica support, I posted in the Zero-Spread thread (even defending you against someone who said you were trying to rip us off) probably close to a week ago as well and you never responded, I posted on this thread three days ago, I PMed you with a link to my post describing what happened and inquiring whether my position could be restored (150BTC short, base was around 4.845) with my account name (matharis), and despite answering multiple other people's questions in the meantime, here I sit with my questions unanswered. I would have previously recommended Bitcoinica for people who wanted to trade bitcoins, but now all I can think about is the deplorable customer service that I have yet to even receive. This is beyond ridiculous, you respond to the crazy guy who is trying to sue you, but you won't even give me the time of day?

Edited to change steal to rip off and to include what my position was.
racerguy

Activity: 270
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 02:03:48 AM

Just wondering can I use my bitcoinica address as my p2pool payout address?  p2pool pays out through generations like in solomining.
marked

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 04:38:53 AM

Just wondering can I use my bitcoinica address as my p2pool payout address?  p2pool pays out through generations like in solomining.

If p2pool locks the payout address then no. If you don't monitor the payouts then no.

Bitcoinica can and will change your deposit address if they believe there are issues e.g. someone has access to the deposit address private keys - linode hack)

You can also change the address on the Bitcoinica deposit page.

A payout address should always be in your control.

marked
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 04:46:33 AM

I will verify for you on this. However, I personally don't recommend you doing such things. You should collect mining profits in your own wallet.

Founder of NameTerrific (https://www.nameterrific.com/). Co-founder of CoinJar (https://coinjar.io/)

zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2012, 04:48:12 AM

Try this:

Try this:

over 10 hours now...

& no satisfaction  Angry

Did I somehow do you wrong and end up on your ignore list? I've tried to be courteous, but I've been waiting almost a week for anything from Bitcoinica support, I posted in the Zero-Spread thread (even defending you against someone who said you were trying to rip us off) probably close to a week ago as well and you never responded, I posted on this thread three days ago, I PMed you with a link to my post describing what happened and inquiring whether my position could be restored (150BTC short, base was around 4.845) with my account name (matharis), and despite answering multiple other people's questions in the meantime, here I sit with my questions unanswered. I would have previously recommended Bitcoinica for people who wanted to trade bitcoins, but now all I can think about is the deplorable customer service that I have yet to even receive. This is beyond ridiculous, you respond to the crazy guy who is trying to sue you, but you won't even give me the time of day?

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. I thought I had compensated everyone affected. In your case, you should be liquidated at $5.4+ because the market price actually went there.

If you have any stop orders which were executed at high prices, you can receive $0.13 per BTC for them. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with our ask ticks.

beardman

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 06:54:47 AM

Hi,

I'm really sorry about this. I thought I had compensated everyone affected. In your case, you should be liquidated at $5.4+ because the market price actually went there.

If you have any stop orders which were executed at high prices, you can receive $0.13 per BTC for them. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with our ask ticks.

Thank you for responding, I understand now what exactly you meant with the short liquidation ticker problems, it wasn't as clear in the speculation thread. 99% of my frustration was the lack of response to my questions. I had 200 btc executed ~$0.40cents above my stops (range from $0.39-0.41 or so I think) between my 150btc short cover and then the buy order that was bought and almost immediately liquidated. I also understand not reinstating my position, but I figured I would at least try, I would appreciate the $0.13 compensation though.

Also, do you happen to be planning on implementing stop limits at any time?
Otoh
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1105

View Profile
March 21, 2012, 11:58:49 PM

a couple of days ago finally got out of the nightmare scenario of being trapped in a large high $5s base price long position on Bitcoinica which would have been fine as my ZT price was in the $2s originally & I was happy to wait long term & could have kept it at 1:1 leverage np, until that was he unilaterally decided to start taxing long positions with swap charges, to me this is just Bitcoin wild west no rules rule - I'm waiting to see if his stated registration goes through because once it does I intend to claim back that swap money just removed from my account by changing without notice the conditions under which it was deposited & making my position long term untenable so that I had to close it for a big loss as I believe this sort of action is totally illegitimate in any jurisdiction

anyone else who's suffered because of this pse to let me know & we can coordinate to recuperate this blatant rip off with damages also for overall position loss if it hadn't happened once we were locked in

it's so nice atm to finally be out of that & tomorrow off for a long weekend without having to follow every price movement & the feeling of having trusted way too much money to someone who just makes the rules up to suit themselves as they go along, honestly I was amazed to get anything back out at all in that scenario - never again!

BTC = $c²     My BTC addie = 1otohotohMoQoxHuxLBveQiZcV3Pji3Tc 
Bitstamp Exchange: Referal Code
CHARITY | MY REP | PREDICTION 1 | PREDICTION 2 | PREDICTION 3
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2012, 12:04:32 AM

a couple of days ago finally got out of the nightmare scenario of being trapped in a large high $5s base price long position on Bitcoinica which would have been fine as my ZT price was in the $2s originally & I was happy to wait long term & could have kept it at 1:1 leverage np, until that was he unilaterally decided to start taxing long positions with swap charges, to me this is just Bitcoin wild west no rules rule - I'm waiting to see if his stated registration goes through because once it does I intend to claim back that swap money just removed from my account by changing without notice the conditions under which it was deposited & making my position long term untenable so that I had to close it for a big loss as I believe this sort of action is totally illegitimate in any jurisdiction

anyone else who's suffered because of this pse to let me know & we can coordinate to recuperate this blatant rip off with damages also for overall position loss if it hadn't happened once we were locked in

it's so nice atm to finally be out of that & tomorrow off for a long weekend without having to follow every price movement & the feeling of having trusted way too much money to someone who just makes the rules up to suit themselves as they go along, honestly I was amazed to get anything back out at all in that scenario - never again!

We can offer a refund if you were charged any swap for a position that you established before the rule change provided there is no new positions established after that.

By continue using our service, you have already signaled the acceptance of the new rule.

beardman

View Profile
March 23, 2012, 03:12:57 AM

Hi,

Thank you for responding, I understand now what exactly you meant with the short liquidation ticker problems, it wasn't as clear in the speculation thread. 99% of my frustration was the lack of response to my questions. I had 200 btc executed ~$0.40cents above my stops (range from $0.39-0.41 or so I think) between my 150btc short cover and then the buy order that was bought and almost immediately liquidated. I also understand not reinstating my position, but I figured I would at least try, I would appreciate the $0.13 compensation though.

Soooo that compensation?
Omni

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 01:12:24 PM

Bitcoinica somehow just lost me $7.00 (10:1) I placed an order at $4.60 to buy and it purchased 50 coins at $4.80...
I would like a refund.
notme
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 25, 2012, 04:48:54 PM

Bitcoinica somehow just lost me $7.00 (10:1) I placed an order at $4.60 to buy and it purchased 50 coins at $4.80...
I would like a refund.

Sounds like you didn't use the proper order type.

https://www.bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
While no idea is perfect, some ideas are useful.
beardman

View Profile
March 28, 2012, 10:09:21 PM

Hi,

I was just wondering when you might get around to that compensation? Don't know if you're busy or something, haven't been very active lately, on this thread at least.
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 07:11:41 AM

Hi,

I was just wondering when you might get around to that compensation? Don't know if you're busy or something, haven't been very active lately, on this thread at least.

Sorry. I'll process it for you within 24 hours.

g00dnight

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 08:45:23 AM

Hi,

I have made a Bitcoinica client for mobile devices. Now it's available only for Blackberry devices, but I hope I can port it to other mobile platforms if you find it useful.

Description, links, screenshots - all is here
zvs
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1000

https://web.archive.org/web/*/nogleg.com

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 12:36:02 PM

this thread should probably be in the 'gambling' subsection..
zhoutong (OP)
VIP

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2012, 12:42:07 PM

Hi,

I have credited you $25, should be more than enough to cover your losses. Again, we apologize for the problems.

beardman

View Profile
March 29, 2012, 10:56:28 PM

I have credited you $25, should be more than enough to cover your losses. Again, we apologize for the problems.

Thank you Zhou, just wondering if that should be reflected in my account yet because it hasn't shown up, or if I should wait another 13 or so hours? Just wanted to make sure it didn't accidentally get sent to another account or lost on the interwebz somehow, my Bitcoinica account name is matharis just for reference again.
beardman

View Profile
March 30, 2012, 10:15:04 PM

Thank you Zhou, just wondering if that should be reflected in my account yet because it hasn't shown up, or if I should wait another 13 or so hours? Just wanted to make sure it didn't accidentally get sent to another account or lost on the interwebz somehow, my Bitcoinica account name is matharis just for reference again.

Sorry to keep pestering you, but the $25 it still hasn't shown up in my account? Did some other lucky Bitcoinica user get a random $25?
g00dnight

Activity: 12

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2012, 04:54:38 PM

Zhou, please describe me this situation. Is it just me or a bug?
Yesterday I decided to buy 528.2515 BTC with a market-order. While order was executing the price rose up a bit and I could buy only 500 BTC. Now my open positions looks like this:
http://f.cl.ly/items/3o0d170T362u0z3I0l2r/Screen%20shot%202012-03-31%20at%2011.23.55.png

and my last order history row looks like:
http://f.cl.ly/items/311G2e3R2h1P2e19120j/Screen%20shot%202012-03-31%20at%2011.24.43.png
That's ok. But let's do some calculations: 500 (BTC I bought) *4.9521 (base price of the order) =2476.05

My account info looks like this:
http://f.cl.ly/items/2n152z1q3P0s0z3d1q2X/Screen%20shot%202012-03-31%20at%2011.36.25.png
1042.54 (my margin balance) *2.5 (leverage) = 2606.35

So, I expected to see tradable balance around 130.3 (2606.35-2476.05), but not 53.21
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: