Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 02:19:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 94 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ❇️YAPPADAPPADOO -❇️Bringing Revolutionary Multi-Platform Apps To All Users  (Read 30565 times)
FacingTheGiants

Activity: 94
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:15:16 PM

I admire how YAPPADAPPADOO unselfishly share the technology of Progressive Web Apps (PWA) to us. I remember how Nokia selfishly hold every feature of mobile phones and that what makes their brand monopolize the market. Then afterward, other players offer different features and Android was introduced. Then now, Nokia was just a history.
BuzzerBeater

Activity: 92

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 04:51:43 PM

I don’t understand what does Yappadappadoo mean by “Install-free and ready to use”. I mean, how can we use the app if we don’t install it on our device?

That's why Progressive Web Apps are favored by some because of its space-savvy feature.

Applications are run within the browser in a server-client position that makes it possible to run apps without installing it on our devices. 

I was already thinking about this. No need installation. I got this idea from opera mini browser. Their homepage they already have applications like twitter, facebook, linkedin, etc. So most probably YAPPADAPPADO will also have its own web browser with all the applications they have. So how are they going to explain the offline use if it will be in a browser? Complicated no?

PWA doesn't need installation because its apps are within your browser. PWA has service workers that allow apps to load instantly. That's why there are offline capabilities. These are too technical so I don't understand too much how does it work. But according to what I've read, service workers act as a proxy server that enables the creation of offline experience.

PWA offers of being able to be a single app and have it work perfectly on all platforms and devices. PWA doesn't require installation prior to usage. There are no long download times compared to native apps today, sometimes it takes too much time and data connection to download the app before you can use it. And it runs smoothly even if you have an unstable connection.

These are really great features. I wonder why Google Play and Apple App Store take hold of this technology as a secret. I am very thankful to YAPPADAPPADOO team on introducing this technology.
XtraRolePlayer

Activity: 133

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 05:16:55 PM

If PWA doesn’t require installation on our devices. Then this means that it will be less space for our gadgets because no data storage consumed. This is better for those devices who only have internal storage.

You are right! One example is Apple devices who have internal storage only. The less space it takes will definitely a great help because the speed sometimes of a gadget was really affected once there are apps that are installed on the internal storage.
cryp24x

Activity: 1190
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:02:54 PM

I admire how YAPPADAPPADOO unselfishly share the technology of Progressive Web Apps (PWA) to us. I remember how Nokia selfishly hold every feature of mobile phones and that what makes their brand monopolize the market. Then afterward, other players offer different features and Android was introduced. Then now, Nokia was just a history.

I do agree. Introducing a great technology especially in creating applications that run online and offline is a noble thing. Some applications need every update that is so annoying especially when you have a poor internet connection.
Shikaina

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 06:31:07 PM

I want to know what popular social media apps are now using PWA? These popular social media apps should be available in Yappadappadoo app store so that people will support your project.
They admit in their whitepaper that some of the applications in apple store and play store are already using PWA so it means PWA will not be the first feature to be used by Yappadappadoo but they will use in most of their applications so they can work with no problems with older devices.
BitDane

Activity: 1372
Merit: 348

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 06:34:11 PM

The name can be related easily with the scooby doo cartoons, also Sydney Ifergan is an advisor for lots of ICOs, not sure if that is good or bad but I've seen him in a ton of places, he also runs a crypto blog.
Indeed! The name is somewhat derived from that cartoon show. It's very funny and very catchy since many people are already familiar with it. It's a good brand name for me.
Ye it is relatable and yes it is very catchy but it I believe it is too long? The actual title of the cartoon is just scooby doo and scoobidoobidoo is just a tagline which he says. Easy to remember but need to exert effort to type Cheesy

The name Yappadappadoo sounds really cute. Actually, it is very important for a certain business to have a good name. Because it serves as the first impression. Like what always people say, "First impression last."
So a good business name will make people to remember you.

Yes, indeed it will. The name represents ideas and ideas will create every action according to that name. I think the reason why they named it as YAPPADAPPADOO because they want us to be happy and satisfied. True enough, when you use their applications, the users will definitely are happy.
Bitbitchy

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:11:37 PM

Until now, apps have been prisoners of their own separate ecosystems. Now the app world
is making the long-awaited break for freedom. A new generation of applications will
revolutionise the app market: Progressive Web Applications (PWA)
from Yappadappadoo's Whitepaper.

This was a non-essential until i read it from Yappadappadoo's whitepaper and realized they are right.

We have apps for iOS and android separately, though compatible releases for each OS is available for both, there is always a seemingly noticeable difference between versions still.

And perhaps it will be PWAs that will level this difference so users will have the exact same user experience regardless of ecosystem the device lives in.

Truly jackbit. No one does bother much about the apps they run on their devices. Many users in fact does not know that there exists dozens of OS around.

All they know is that the app is available and they download them.  Unaware that besides native apps exists a world of Progressive Web Apps offering the nearly the same user experience for a lower space occupancy on our devices.

And i too believe that this will be an obstacle that Yappadappadoo will have to overcome, to let the people know of this alternative apps could PWA that offers same functionality regardless of devices' operating system.

Glad to know that you feel and believe the same as my stance.

Though we don't speak for the whole of the community, but that is the general truth. People already accepted the current scenario of separated ecosystem of apps, and they have no qualms about it.

They are already at peace, so to say. And to disrupt that general truth and acceptance, i too wonder how Yappadappadoo can, first, make aware people of PWAs and, second, market them globally.
Lol! You got it. I was not even aware there is such thing as PWA. All i cared about was as long as the application works good for my own use i go for it. What really matter is the convenience and the adaptability.
Aside from that each provider has their own store so if they can easily download the application they need in a click why would they have to browse and search for it over the web?
Bitbitchy

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:24:03 PM

Quote from the whitepaper:
They provide a perfect user-experience similar to native applications, irrespective of device type and operating system.
Perfect user experience with the platform or with all the apps in the platform? If all the apps available in the platform can give perfect user experience then this platform is amazing.
It says similar to native apps, so the performance that it would give us would be comparable to native apps that we are using today that are offline but can be used across any device and operating system.

I have seen some native apps offer a PWA release too. So far, as per my own experience, the feel and taste is not quite the same in terms of aesthetic.

Visually, i prefer the native app (perhaps because of the concept that native apps was developed with more advanced graphical capability than the limited HTML pallete).

Though both par excellently in terms of speed and responsiveness.

I told this before, and i'll say it again, i do hope to see Yappadappadoo give us an app to showcase PWAs features.  Wouldn't you guys agree?
I do dude. I wanna know what difference this PWA will make that will cause users like me to shift to Yapapadappado as my new apps store. But take note sir. Not all their applications are free, the most advance ones will charge you for purchase and will be payable with Flints. I think I’m already foreseeing this. Like i have a facebook application called “friendly facebook” it is nice, i like it but it is full of advertisements, if i want to remove the advertisements i will have to pay them for advertisement-free version. Maybe it will also be like that in Yappadappadoo.
Gracechen17

Activity: 367
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 07:59:44 PM

I don’t understand what does Yappadappadoo mean by “Install-free and ready to use”. I mean, how can we use the app if we don’t install it on our device?

That's why Progressive Web Apps are favored by some because of its space-savvy feature.

Applications are run within the browser in a server-client position that makes it possible to run apps without installing it on our devices. 

You are definitely right elycoinz! Why should I install an app which will get a big space on my hard drive when there are applications that can be run without installation but still run normally. This will be a great threat to those existing applications which require big spaces and higher RAM to operate.

This idea is not the first and not new. There are browsers over there that contain several applications already. You click the browser and there inside you can use the applications online with out the need of installations. I sometimes use but the good thing with installed applications is they get you notified about the updates. You get notifications. Like in facebook, if i use browser, it is fine, however if someone i follow made and activity i will never know unless i open the browser again.

True, there are other websites that offer web-apps, it has been a norm as early as 2005.  Web developers all around the globe tried hard to make it more and more attractive to the public as it entails a great deal of profit with it.

But the year 2015 brought as PWAs or Progressive Web Apps, web-apps that are more responsive in such a way that it can be viewed in any device, more independent that it does not have an OS requirement, Progressive that it can be used in any browser of user's choice, and many more other features, but most importantly, it also acts and feels like native apps which we all are accustomed to.

And here is where Yappadappadoo wanted to make a fresh offering to users all over the globe.
I think the applications that are already using PWA right now include facebook, instagram, linkedin, twitter, pinterest and the like. Based on your explanation, i can use them in any device i want. I have use them even logged in at the same time in more than one device and it is good. I dont have complains with it.
lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 08:14:44 PM

If PWA doesn’t require installation on our devices. Then this means that it will be less space for our gadgets because no data storage consumed. This is better for those devices who only have internal storage.

Yes. Something like that. But not always accessible no? Who holds old devices nowadays by the way? Almost all of us are looking forward to a more advance if not the latest phones and tablets no? So i dont think this feature will be that much needed anymore. And besides if you use only applications through web after you close it you will not be receiving notifications anymore and updates, unlike installed applications even if you are sleeping, messages and notifications keep coming in.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
█████████▐█████████▐█████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
Loveydovey04

Activity: 392
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 07, 2018, 08:31:47 PM

Yes. Something like that. But not always accessible no? Who holds old devices nowadays by the way? Almost all of us are looking forward to a more advance if not the latest phones and tablets no? So i dont think this feature will be that much needed anymore. And besides if you use only applications through web after you close it you will not be receiving notifications anymore and updates, unlike installed applications even if you are sleeping, messages and notifications keep coming in.
Ya right. But not all, not the oldies. Actually, here in my place they have smart phones for old people, i wonder if old people user facebook and whatsapp too  Grin. Maybe these applications Yappadappadoo is talking about are also good for smartphones for old people?

lionheart78
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1152

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2018, 08:55:00 PM

Ya right. But not all, not the oldies. Actually, here in my place they have smart phones for old people, i wonder if old people user facebook and whatsapp too  Grin. Maybe these applications Yappadappadoo is talking about are also good for smartphones for old people?
You said smartphone for old people, so they are still smartphones. I believe smartphones for old people do not have old operating system. And of course they use whatsapp too and emails. They use google maps in driving too. If Yappadappadoo will make applications work better for old people, much better.

▄▄███████████████████▄▄
▄█████████▀█████████████▄
███████████▄▐▀▄██████████
███████▀▀███████▀▀███████
██████▀███▄▄████████████
██████████▀███▀███▄██████
████████████████▄▄███████
███████████▄▄▄███████████
▀█████▄▄████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████████▀▀
Peach
BTC bitcoin
Buy and Sell
Bitcoin P2P
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████████
██████▄
▄██
█████████████████▄
▄███████
██████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀██████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀

▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀
EUROPE | AFRICA
LATIN AMERICA
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

███████▄█
███████▀
██▄▄▄▄▄░▄▄▄▄▄
████████████▀
▐███████████▌
▐███████████▌
████████████▄
██████████████
███▀███▀▀███▀
Download on the
App Store
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
▄▀▀▀

▀▄▄▄

▄██▄
██████▄
█████████▄
████████████▄
███████████████
████████████▀
█████████▀
██████▀
▀██▀
GET IT ON
Google Play
▀▀▀▄

▄▄▄▀
flash12i

Activity: 141
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 12:43:10 AM

Quote from the whitepaper:
They provide a perfect user-experience similar to native applications, irrespective of device type and operating system.
Perfect user experience with the platform or with all the apps in the platform? If all the apps available in the platform can give perfect user experience then this platform is amazing.
It says similar to native apps, so the performance that it would give us would be comparable to native apps that we are using today that are offline but can be used across any device and operating system.

I have seen some native apps offer a PWA release too. So far, as per my own experience, the feel and taste is not quite the same in terms of aesthetic.

Visually, i prefer the native app (perhaps because of the concept that native apps was developed with more advanced graphical capability than the limited HTML pallete).

Though both par excellently in terms of speed and responsiveness.

I told this before, and i'll say it again, i do hope to see Yappadappadoo give us an app to showcase PWAs features.  Wouldn't you guys agree?
I do dude. I wanna know what difference this PWA will make that will cause users like me to shift to Yapapadappado as my new apps store. But take note sir. Not all their applications are free, the most advance ones will charge you for purchase and will be payable with Flints. I think I’m already foreseeing this. Like i have a facebook application called “friendly facebook” it is nice, i like it but it is full of advertisements, if i want to remove the advertisements i will have to pay them for advertisement-free version. Maybe it will also be like that in Yappadappadoo.

You are absolutely right bitbitchy, PWA does not connote a free alternative to native apps.

But it does spell a cheaper alternative both for users and developers, increasing the diversity of options profoundly.

Though PWA does not necessarily mean free apps it still does break the OS barrier and combines both the world of web apps and native apps together.
bitcoindusts

Activity: 1064
Merit: 271

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:16:25 AM

1. APP (R)Evolution: Freedom at Last!
The yappadappadoo Store is a Blockchain linked ecosystem, bringing Progressive Web
Applications (PWA) to all mobile devices worldwide. By combining the advantages of two
young future-proofed technologies, Blockchain and Progressive Web Applications,
yappadappadoo will establish itself as a David against the market-dominating Goliath app
stores of Apple and Google and will achieve a significant market share.
- Yappadappadoo WhitePaper

Yappadappadoo introduced themselves as revolutionary blockchain linked app store emphasizing freedom.

They made a good choice of putting together two very young (and perhaps it might be true, both are future proof as we see them trending) technologies, the blockchain which was introduced 2008 and PWA which was put to light 2015.

And this will be an epic battle against the goliaths of the current app markets.  Let's all stay tuned and see how things will progress for Yappadappadoo.
elycoinz

Activity: 56
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 01:38:49 AM

A very sad story there for nokia actually as they lack the ability to adopt.

And yes, they too lacked the ability to share technology with others as they dominated the mobile industry, perhaps they though what they have was enough.

And here is where Yappadappadoo proves to be extremely helpful as they intend to combine blockchain technology and PWA to share among mobile device users.  And i do hope they succeed.

________▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █►  arizn  ◄█ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂▂________
A TOKENISED CROWD FUNDING PLATFORM
PRE-ICO: 40% BONUS at www.arizn.network
jackbit

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 02:24:13 AM

You are right! One example is Apple devices who have internal storage only. The less space it takes will definitely a great help because the speed sometimes of a gadget was really affected once there are apps that are installed on the internal storage.

A zero file storage is not the case of PWAs actually.

Rather, PWAs require a very minimal storage size to run. Unlike conventional native apps that requires a varying mid to large storage space to execute.

Though a great advantage for PWAs, i do worry about how well it will perform specially if one's internet connection is shaky.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:09:41 AM

Progressive Web Applications are a blessing for growth markets like India, China and
Africa, where most users can only avail of poor network coverage and lower quality
hardware. India, for example has 20% of all mobile phone users worldwide. However, 99%
of the network cover,age in India is still based on 3G.
~ as quoted from Yappadappadoo's Whitepaper

Here we see where Yappadappadoo took their initiative to offer PWA to the world.

The figures they cited are quite indicative for the need of PWA which seemingly represents the best possible solution for mobile device users that are not able to run native apps due to bad or poor internet connectivity.

Few years ago, 3G was a very big leap in the data communication sector, but nowadays, it does not suffice a decent connectivity.

Imagine 20% of the global mobile users finally parring with native apps user and being able to enjoy the same user experience? I say tha't s quite a leap should Yappadappadoo be able to deliver what they offer.
OlympusMons

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:29:22 AM

I'm not sure the "no installation" part would really mean no installation since whatever works in a device, is inside it, and consumes space. Even if there is no installation, I think there is automatic download so it would still consume space.
amir.malik

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 03:59:09 AM

I'm not sure the "no installation" part would really mean no installation since whatever works in a device, is inside it, and consumes space. Even if there is no installation, I think there is automatic download so it would still consume space.
Yeah, definitely whatevs inside your device consumes space, even just a folder. PWA is going to download the needed parts for the app or site to work offline.
mushimushi

Activity: 55

View Profile
June 08, 2018, 04:28:39 AM

I want to know what popular social media apps are now using PWA? These popular social media apps should be available in Yappadappadoo app store so that people will support your project.
They admit in their whitepaper that some of the applications in apple store and play store are already using PWA so it means PWA will not be the first feature to be used by Yappadappadoo but they will use in most of their applications so they can work with no problems with older devices.
That's a basic for an app store. Apps that are popularly used and well sold should be available in any app store since that's where the market will go to. Social media apps is a must for any app store.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 94 »
  Print  

Jump to: