Bitcoin Forum
April 16, 2024, 12:09:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What payout model do you prefer?
Classic shared block payout model - 100 (42%)
Score based payout model - 62 (26.1%)
Pay per share payout model - 76 (31.9%)
Total Voters: 236

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTCMine - ZERO fee mining pool (LP, SSL, JSON API, P2SH)  (Read 171454 times)
dbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2011, 05:42:49 PM

Registration temporarily closed until pool moved to another server.

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Your bitcoin is secured in a way that is physically impossible for others to access, no matter for what reason, no matter how good the excuse, no matter a majority of miners, no matter what." -- Greg Maxwell
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 06:54:12 PM

Somebody really needs to host in the USA.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
russelljohnson

Activity: 84

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 07:06:37 PM

dbitcoin, what's with all the stale shares?

If you've found my post helpful, send me some bitcoins!
1FkGxXmesGbhoFewYGrtNEmifzwvNaNCXH
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2011, 08:21:54 PM

dbitcoin, what's with all the stale shares?
Server overloaded. I will hope solve this soon.

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 30, 2011, 08:24:18 PM

Somebody really needs to host in the USA.

Used servers already in USA. Hosting use NY based datacenter.
From the pool start date.

Veldy

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 09:14:39 PM

I ran a traceroute yesterday or the day before and it went to the UK.  Now I check the whois record and it shows Florida, and the traceroute does indeed stay in the US (although it seems to be California ... I didn't spend any real time checking further).

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
Horkabork

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 11:42:50 PM

I ran a traceroute yesterday or the day before and it went to the UK.  Now I check the whois record and it shows Florida, and the traceroute does indeed stay in the US (although it seems to be California ... I didn't spend any real time checking further).

The server is actually located on a boat, for added security. It's like a pirate radio station. Contrary to popular belief, the "BTC" in "BTCMine" does not actually mean "Bitcoin," but rather "Boat-Transported Cooperative."

The captain made a quick trip across the pond just to keep things unpredictable. That, and the captain was highly drunk and irrational for about two weeks straight until dbitcoin finally was able to break into the bridge and subdue him until he "voluntarily" went back on his medications.

Just so you know, sometimes the captain goes below deck into the server room and hits a big red button that rejects a random miner's work result. Since his recent manic episode, he just sits there for hours, pressing the button again and again. It's a pain, but trust me the sacrifice is well worth it, as the vicious rejections provide the captain with a stress reliever and keeps him occupied.

Me: 15gbWvpLPfbLJZBsL2u5gkBdL3BUXDbTuF
A goat: http://i52.tinypic.com/34pj4v6.jpg
Veldy

View Profile
May 30, 2011, 11:53:58 PM

The server is actually located on a boat, for added security. It's like a pirate radio station. Contrary to popular belief, the "BTC" in "BTCMine" does not actually mean "Bitcoin," but rather "Boat-Transported Cooperative."

The captain made a quick trip across the pond just to keep things unpredictable. That, and the captain was highly drunk and irrational for about two weeks straight until dbitcoin finally was able to break into the bridge and subdue him until he "voluntarily" went back on his medications.

Just so you know, sometimes the captain goes below deck into the server room and hits a big red button that rejects a random miner's work result. Since his recent manic episode, he just sits there for hours, pressing the button again and again. It's a pain, but trust me the sacrifice is well worth it, as the vicious rejections provide the captain with a stress reliever and keeps him occupied.

Sarcasm appreciated. Roll Eyes

Acheron89

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:32:50 AM

I have been having some problems with BTCmine lately. I've been getting emails saying that payment amounts have been sent, but the balance in my Bitcoin client has not changed in the last 2 days. Is this a side-effect of the server switch? Is there any way I can fix this issue?
rezin777

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:34:19 AM

I have been having some problems with BTCmine lately. I've been getting emails saying that payment amounts have been sent, but the balance in my Bitcoin client has not changed in the last 2 days. Is this a side-effect of the server switch? Is there any way I can fix this issue?

Does the address on the website still match the one you provided?

Is your client downloading the most recent blocks?
SgtSpike
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 03:40:06 AM

Can someone tell me what the various statistics mean?

Round - What does a round consist of?  Just the time between blocks that are found by BTCmine?
Estimated score
Round shares
Average hashrate MHash/s

Bounty
Estimated bounty BTC - Huh
Unconfirmed bounty BTC - Huh
Confirmed bounty BTC - Huh
Total bounty BTC - Huh

Treasures
Solved shares - Makes sense
Solved blocks - Makes sense
Total payout BTC - Makes sense
Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 03:57:48 AM

Round - What does a round consist of?  Just the time between blocks that are found by BTCmine? That's usually what a "round" refers to. Since other pools and miners are solving blocks on the network during this time, it makes more sense to refer to it as a pool's current "round"
Estimated score Not sure on this one since I'm unfamiliar with the exact scoring method BTCMine employs
Round shares Number of shares you have submitted this round
Average hashrate MHash/s Since pools can't get an exact hashrate from your miner/computer, they get an estimated hashrate based on the number of shares you have submitted over a given period of time, some pools 15 minutes, others 30

Bounty
Estimated bounty BTC - Estimated amount you will earn when the current round ends
Unconfirmed bounty BTC - Amount earned from blocks solved that haven't reached the 120 confirmation maturity yet
Confirmed bounty BTC - Amount earned from blocks solved that have matured
Total bounty BTC - Combination of Unconfirmed and Confirmed iirc, it's been a while since I've mined at BTCMine

Treasures
Solved shares - Makes sense
Solved blocks - Makes sense
Total payout BTC - Makes sense
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 04:02:10 AM

Thanks for taking the time Nythain, I appreciate it.  One question - what is the difference between Confirmed bounty and Total payout BTC.  Why would I not have the confirmed bounty paid out immediately?

The way you describe it though, I can expect all of the BTC in my Total Bounty (which is indeed unconfirmed + confirmed) to eventually make it in to my wallet, it just has to be confirmed and paid out?
Nythain

Activity: 56

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 04:10:06 AM

Yes, depending on what you have your payout threshold set to, you can expect to eventually see all of your Total Bounty end up in your wallet. Of course, as it goes to your wallet the Total Bounty amount will drop (because its been paid out)

With BTCMine you get to set your auto payout thresh hold. If you set it to say, like 10btc, then you wont be paid out until your Confirmed Bounty exceeds 10btc. Not sure if that helps answer that question, or even makes sense.
I'm personally boggled why there's a Total Bounty field, when it's completely irrelevant to anything and it doesn't take too much effort to just add up the Unconfirmed and Confirmed amounts.

As for confirmed bounty paid out immediately, a lot of pool operators and miners will wait till amounts are 1btc or more before paying out, to prevent transaction spam and reduce fees. 0.01 transaction fee on a single 1btc transaction is a lot cheaper than 0.01btc transaction fee applied to five different 0.2btc transactions.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 04:14:27 AM

Completely forgot about the minimum payout - it all makes sense now.  Thanks a bunch!
Acheron89

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 08:17:45 AM

My address on both my Bitcoin client and in my BTCMine profile have not changed since I started in the pool. I cannot be sure if my client is downloading new block information. When I go to Generate Coins it says not connected, and seems to stay like that as long as I leave it on.
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 09:59:27 AM

My address on both my Bitcoin client and in my BTCMine profile have not changed since I started in the pool. I cannot be sure if my client is downloading new block information. When I go to Generate Coins it says not connected, and seems to stay like that as long as I leave it on.

You do not need generate coins option in official client. It's useless for now.
What is the number of blocks and number of connections in your bitcoin client footer?
If client say not connected for a long time, probably you have problem with connect to bitcoin network and should check your network router/firewall/isp blocking.

Acheron89

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 07:36:21 PM

Thanks for the help, but the problem seems to have corrected itself. Not sure how or why but it seems to have kicked in at some point during the night. All of my payments are accurately reflected in my client now.
SgtSpike
Legendary

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 10:13:15 PM

Requesting a feature:  24 hr production statistic

Deepbit has this, and it was a very convenient metric to have.  I could easily take that number and determine whether I was still operating in the range of profitability, how profitable it was, etc.  As it is, on BTCMine, I have no way to really know how much I am making per day, without tracking it manually.

I would prefer to see a "last 24 hours" measurement, but if you can only do it on a per day basis (i.e., all the bitcoins mined on 5/31 = 5.5BTC), then that's ok too.  Just SOMETHING for me to be able to track how much I am currently generating per day!
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 11:01:13 PM

Requesting a feature:  24 hr production statistic

Deepbit has this, and it was a very convenient metric to have.  I could easily take that number and determine whether I was still operating in the range of profitability, how profitable it was, etc.  As it is, on BTCMine, I have no way to really know how much I am making per day, without tracking it manually.

I would prefer to see a "last 24 hours" measurement, but if you can only do it on a per day basis (i.e., all the bitcoins mined on 5/31 = 5.5BTC), then that's ok too.  Just SOMETHING for me to be able to track how much I am currently generating per day!

24h stats currently available by email, if you enable option "Send me pool stats every 24h" in your profile.
In the next update I will add these numbers to profile.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: