Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:26:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What payout model do you prefer?
Classic shared block payout model - 100 (42%)
Score based payout model - 62 (26.1%)
Pay per share payout model - 76 (31.9%)
Total Voters: 236

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] BTCMine - ZERO fee mining pool (LP, SSL, JSON API, P2SH)  (Read 171454 times)
BurningToad

Activity: 207
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 07, 2011, 11:15:52 PM

quick question, i was working on that huge block that just completed 129251 for quite awhile and had about .05 in estimated bounty built up.  I then had to stop the miner for awhile, during that time the block finished and my bounty went to zero.  Shouldn't I still get something for my partial contribution to that block or do you have to be mining at the time the block is found?  sorry for the dumb question, I'm new at this.  Thanks

I noticed the same thing.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Veldy

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 03:30:38 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2011, 05:41:44 AM by Veldy

I repeat again: please switch to another pool. Pool should be under 350GHash for stable work.

Dude! Smiley

The network hash rate grows, you should at least try to keep up proportionately or you will become a sliver on the pie chart and I think not only will people not move to your pool [assuming you open registration or take referrals as you indicated on May 1st when you had your last personal crisis  Wink], but people will leave due to extremely high variance which will remove the value of 2%.

As my Daughter would say, "I am just sayin'".

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
IlbiStarz

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:00:33 AM

Argh no where to switch..

Btcmine server issues
Btcguild server issues
Deepbit has just hit 50% -.-
Everywhere else is small...

Guess I'll go solo then? lol.
EpicBacon

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:04:36 AM

Argh no where to switch..

Btcmine server issues
Btcguild server issues
Deepbit has just hit 50% -.-
Everywhere else is small...

Guess I'll go solo then? lol.

Slush's pool?
Veldy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:49:07 AM

Looks like I should start BAN random accounts? I repeat again: PLEASE SWITCH TO ANOTHER POOLS.

Current hardware and software not able handle more than 350Ghash.
You will continue suck with long rounds and server crashes.
I do not have new servers right now.
When I setup new servers I will inform about this.

Sounds like the operator of BTCMine is giving up and actually sending people away.  Very sad.  I will certainly no longer promote the pool or even give positive comments on it ... just ignore it.  If he doesn't care than I don't either.  I think he may have simply been milking the server for as long as possible since his May 1st meltdown.  A sad way for a great pool to go.  This is the first pool of size that I am aware of to give up and I suspect shut down.

If you have found my post helpful, please donate what you feel it is worth: 18vaZ4K62WiL6W2Qoj9AE1cerfCHRaUW4x
IlbiStarz

Activity: 336

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 05:52:36 AM

Looks like I should start BAN random accounts? I repeat again: PLEASE SWITCH TO ANOTHER POOLS.

Sounds like the operator of BTCMine is giving up and actually sending people away.  Very sad.  I will certainly no longer promote the pool or even give positive comments on it ... just ignore it.  If he doesn't care than I don't either.  I think he may have simply been milking the server for as long as possible since his May 1st meltdown.  A sad way for a great pool to go.  This is the first pool of size that I am aware of to give up and I suspect shut down.

It's not his fault wtf -.-
If he is banning people right now, then good, it's actually HELPING the pool, giving shorter rounds. He is not "giving up" he is simply waiting or trying to set up new servers.
Seriously if you aren't happy go to another pool then.

...except deepbit, they are over 50% right now Tongue
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 06:02:04 AM

I suggest bitcoins.lc  Smiley
dbitcoin (OP)

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 06:39:47 AM

1) We need decentralized network anyway. So when I setup new servers this will be new pool.
2) There is enough another pools, I just asked to temporarily switch, until I setup new servers and(or) rewrite code.
3) I have several more interesting projects and some offline work, I have my family and wife, so I not able spent all my time for this project 24/7.

BTCDig - mining pool (Stratum, VarDiff, DGM, SSL, JSON API)
Calavera

Activity: 74

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 09:49:09 AM

I assume it's the back end that's having trouble?  Do you consider the code proprietary?  I'm sure people would help with time and expertise if there was an avenue for it.
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 10:10:23 AM

I assume it's the back end that's having trouble?  Do you consider the code proprietary?  I'm sure people would help with time and expertise if there was an avenue for it.

And who then review this new code for security or stability?  Smiley

I apply new code to pool core, now we able serve more traffic with current hardware.

cschmitz

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:29:15 AM

Leaving this service now. Very sad to see the silent introduction of a fee, highly unprofessional conduct.

proud 5.x gh/s miner. tips welcome at 1A132BPnYMrgYdDaRyLpRrLQU4aG1WLRtd
Calavera

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 10:57:28 AM

And who then review this new code for security or stability?  Smiley

I apply new code to pool core, now we able serve more traffic with current hardware.

It would have to be you assuming you decide not to trust anybody else.  Of course, the advice could simply be optimisation tips for the database or algorithms rather than code if that's how you wanted it.  Just throwing it out there anyway.
Veldy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:46:10 AM

1) We need decentralized network anyway. So when I setup new servers this will be new pool.
2) There is enough another pools, I just asked to temporarily switch, until I setup new servers and(or) rewrite code.
3) I have several more interesting projects and some offline work, I have my family and wife, so I not able spent all my time for this project 24/7.

Then why not sell it rather than let it die?  I am sure somebody may be interested.

Veldy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:50:02 AM

quick question, i was working on that huge block that just completed 129251 for quite awhile and had about .05 in estimated bounty built up.  I then had to stop the miner for awhile, during that time the block finished and my bounty went to zero.  Shouldn't I still get something for my partial contribution to that block or do you have to be mining at the time the block is found?  sorry for the dumb question, I'm new at this.  Thanks

That is what sucks about a score based system.  Advantages and drawbacks; you found the major drawback, but that drawback is also it's advantage since it is intended to prevent pool hopping [there was a strategy many months back that miners were using to increase payout by pool jumping at precise times].

Veldy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 11:52:51 AM

It's not his fault wtf -.-
If he is banning people right now, then good, it's actually HELPING the pool, giving shorter rounds. He is not "giving up" he is simply waiting or trying to set up new servers.
Seriously if you aren't happy go to another pool then.

...except deepbit, they are over 50% right now Tongue

Better read his reply to me.  The question of him giving up is all but answered.

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 01:35:08 PM

Leaving this service now. Very sad to see the silent introduction of a fee, highly unprofessional conduct.
This announced here, on the site and in site newsletter.

dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 01:45:00 PM

Then why not sell it rather than let it die?  I am sure somebody may be interested.
Because I do not want sell it.
Pool only grow in last month, why do you think it's die?
I rewrite my current code and when I ready, I will setup new servers. For new pool.

Calavera

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 01:55:49 PM

You should have emailed all registered users, not just those on your newsletter.  In fact you should still do this.
dbitcoin (OP)

BTCDig - mining pool

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2011, 02:20:22 PM

You should have emailed all registered users, not just those on your newsletter.  In fact you should still do this.

Emailed to all active miners.

Veldy

View Profile
June 08, 2011, 04:55:18 PM

Because I do not want sell it.
Pool only grow in last month, why do you think it's die?
I rewrite my current code and when I ready, I will setup new servers. For new pool.

I don't think it will die if you maintain it and continue to scale it in proportion to the network at large.

But you telling people to go away and writing it tersely (presumably this is a language issue ... common among many Russian friends that I have had over the years) sends a negative signal.  Then your comment about 24/7 and time with your family (which I fervently understand on a personal level) gives further doubt about the future of the pool (since it is your business, the reasons I just cited are not really an excuse for anything but closing, selling or letting it die a slow death).

I think if you didn't outright tell people to leave in bold text and write all flustered them we wouldn't be having this discussion.

I see that today you have sent out a coherent message with defined plans and that is both reassuring and encouraging.

Thank you.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: