Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 07:14:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:01:34 AM

Dude if all the accounts are owned by exactly one person per account or a few people opened multiple accounts it makes no difference to your one stake. You will get around 1m, whatever people do that's why its not worth envying others and just be grateful you have this opportunity.

You obviously didn't understand the criticism. If this coin is modeled on fairness how is it fair that some people can claim more stake than others?

It doesn't matter that the amount of stake doesn't change. The fact is if someone gets 20x stake, his value is 20x that of mine.
I get 1 million and some unethical person gets 20 million? it also devalues the value of everyones stake. If we have 3000 stakes but only 2000 users then we have lowered the value (inflated) our stake by 50%

Isn't that quite obvious?
Every single fake account devalues your stake. That is so painfully simple I can't explain it any more straightforward.

Also, someone who's likely going to go to such lengths will also be untrustworthy with their large stake. Likely selling out and ruining a market before it's even taken off.

I think at the very least, the creator should stop people from asking for a stake if they made their account AFTER the date of the thread.
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:25:52 AM

Also, someone who's likely going to go to such lengths will also be untrustworthy with their large stake. Likely selling out and ruining a market before it's even taken off.

I think at the very least, the creator should stop people from asking for a stake if they made their account AFTER the date of the thread.

your very last sentence there echoes my statement, but the ounder here's stance is that he is marketing NEM to brand new users of crypto currency.  So looks like just not doable
BTCHunter2010

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:08:30 AM

I have post it in the wrong threat:

On the one hand it is not so bad if some have more shares. The there was at Nxt also and but these need to be aware when they can not contribute much to development keep a portion of their coins for the people willing to work hard to NEM (bounties) and that is really very important!
So I would also like to have a share, but I am thinking not only of myself but the majority will go into the development, without which I have no benefit from a share.
But hey, a proportion 1 million coins is a lot.
I could not log in through Facebook because I do not even have something like that! I'm not a friend of Facebook and CO and I've never been and I stand over it when all laugh about it I'm not going

The coins must also among the people, it needs development, resources, advertising and EVERYONE must contribute his share to it.
4000 people have a million also means first stop. Few are not willing to give his coins up cheap, but it survived the business.
I'd like to have without me even doing a new registration  share to give me a account(2. Account) and then I see at as a donation for the whole system.

nextgencoin
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:22:43 AM

Dude if all the accounts are owned by exactly one person per account or a few people opened multiple accounts it makes no difference to your one stake. You will get around 1m, whatever people do that's why its not worth envying others and just be grateful you have this opportunity.

You obviously didn't understand the criticism. If this coin is modeled on fairness how is it fair that some people can claim more stake than others?

It doesn't matter that the amount of stake doesn't change. The fact is if someone gets 20x stake, his value is 20x that of mine.
I get 1 million and some unethical person gets 20 million? it also devalues the value of everyones stake. If we have 3000 stakes but only 2000 users then we have lowered the value (inflated) our stake by 50%

Isn't that quite obvious?
Every single fake account devalues your stake. That is so painfully simple I can't explain it any more straightforward.

No it's actually you that doesn't understand the unfairness that people objected to with NXT, ie access. Only a small number of people were allowed or get in early. The point with this is anyone who wants can easily get involved. And it's you that doesn't understand the maths, 1m is 1m who ever owns the rest. 4,000 is a hell of a lot of accounts even if some are multiple ones. Even in mining you have someone with bigger rigs than other people, but this way the coins are spread pretty thinly and everyone who is interested can buy in. I got a friend of mine involved today on FB, if he couldn't open an account it would only be for seasoned Bitcoiners like, well yourself probably, is that fair? Let the chips fall and let everyone go for it and don't envy and enjoy your 1 million coins for the price of a hamburger for crying out loud.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:32:08 AM

im wondering if there should have been a cutoff as in a date to get in on genesis block distribution.  As in, only accounts that were made by a certain date could access the IPO.  Make that date be like the date of post 1 of this thread.

hell, maybe even go so far as to say those accounts even had to have a certain activity level.

this way, they distribution would still be "much much more "fair" than nxt"

and sock puppet accts would be minimized a great deal.  I have no doubt there are tons of sock puppets in on here even

Hi my plan is to bring a lot of people relatively new to crypto scene into this. I will start a media campaign soon and the goal is to have at least one major newspaper to cover NEM. The idea is that when some people read the article and get interested, they go to nem website and this front page, they should be able to make one account and reserve a stake with ease.

I am looking for a fiat-Nem gateway especially for this. Fiat-Nem gateway is not an exchange; it will operate until the fundraising over. Basically what the gateway will do is to collect fiat via Paypal and send NXT, BTC to nem's  account. Mark-up is up the gateway operator. This gateway will be included in the front page with 1 dev stake included. Can Peercover do this with ease ? Need to have a foolproof gateway before our campaign begins.

Bounties for nemcoin sites are still open. Very good deal I must say but I need quality web designer. I will wait a couple of days to get these sites up but if no one takes it we can still ahead with the media campaign; but the gateway is a must. Can't afford new people go away because they cannot send their money it. One new person to crypto is good for NEM and good for the whole industry. Crypto revolution should include many people not just this forum veterans. There are already several newbie accounts coming from our Reddit page   We have to accept some puppet socket accounts because we cannot ban genuine newbie accounts to get in with us since they are the people we want in.

Thanks to EvilDave, I just change several wording in the front page and I feel the wordings are much more professional now.

I have used Peercover a lot for buying XRP, they were a massive hassle honestly. If they have their credit card system up and running it's great though but 80% of the time it wouldn't work? they still need you to give id like passport scan etc! it's not very anonymous...PayPal would be easiest if you can go under their radar for a short time.

****Here's an idea for you. Why not ask people to donate a small amount of money to charity and prove they have done so with a phone photo of something more low tech. It's not like the money sent to you adds up to much anyway...maybe a few will be willing to send a donation for this as well if needed, kind of a community pot, keep the idea of sharing and helping others as part of positive theme of NEM and all Cryptos.
andrisskuja

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 09:23:15 AM

I think that would be unfair. I registered on the forum after lurking for a while specifically to join the NEM.
Is it my fault that I'm not a seasoned "crypto enthusiast"?

I already missed the boat on bitcoin, dogecoin, nxt... and now you suggest this 'fair' condition that once again would leave me out?
not cool

im wondering if there should have been a cutoff as in a date to get in on genesis block distribution.  As in, only accounts that were made by a certain date could access the IPO.  Make that date be like the date of post 1 of this thread.
nextgencoin
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:20:22 AM

I think that would be unfair. I registered on the forum after lurking for a while specifically to join the NEM.

I already missed the boat on bitcoin, dogecoin, nxt... and now you suggest this 'fair' condition that once again would leave me out?
not cool

Ditto, I have been a lurker here since last Summer.
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:31:00 AM

not cool

There is still time, you can work your way in, as stated in the announce thread, even if you don't want to use bitcoins or nxt.
Lets not act like the coin is already in the market, there is still time.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
frajervitalny

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

We bow in its aura

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:36:57 AM

I think that people with multiple stakes will be more opened to initial selling for low prices, because they will feel that they are still good if they keep only one or two stakes for later. People with only one stake will be probably keeping it. So distribution shouldnt be bad.
Important think is to make it more known, we need more unique people, so more brains will be working on future success of NEM.
Everyone should make announcement on boards he is visiting.

▐ LISK▐ is a Decentralized Application and Sidechain Platform written in Node.JS! Running on Delegated Proof of Stake. Including a Dapp Store and much more!
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 12:40:25 PM

Hey I just updated the stakeholder list to page 61. Next update is planned on page 71. You should check to see if you are in the stakeholder list.

The list includes all account names appearing in the registration page but if your name does not have a "Y" in the condition column then you are not qualified since you did not follow the requirements of the page you made a registration. If your account has a "Y" then you are good. Until the next list update, PM me if you see your account does not have a "Y" but you are sure you satisfied the page requirement. I could check and make the necessary corrections.  When I published the next update at page 71, then the list up to page 61 will be final and not up to correction anymore.

Okaynow is added in logo/ currency symbol dev stake list. If you make a logo/ symbol for NEM, you have already reserved a regular stake.  6 dev stakes for branding resources makers are additional rewards. If we have only 6 people making branding resources then they all get the dev stake; but if we have 10 people making branding resources then only the best 6 will be rewarded with an dev stake. These 6 will be voted on by the community before the NEM allocation. Additionally, there will be an reward of 1000 NXT for the best branding package overall.

Thanks for support NEM. Jaguar will outline a few thoughts on NEM development soon.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 01:32:33 PM

Hello I do not see a Y next to my username in the stakeholder list, why is this?

Could you link the post in which you made the registration here, then I will make a correction.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gvans

Activity: 281

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:45:00 PM

What is your take on this: should the coin/logo have the currency code in it? ie. NEM EUR USD CNY etc.
Actually the standard is not to have it. Neither printed money nor bithcoin has it. They are just B and € and so on.

I did update my proposal anyhow if there is need to see "NEM" on the coin. The NEM-code variation on the lower right corner. I may do the 3d too. Doesn't hurt to have variations.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg4765437#msg4765437

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
gvans

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:15:54 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 03:43:45 PM by gvans

@gvans, I like the newest additions. Do you think the 3D look has longevity for the long term?

Thanks, it's a work in progress. As a matter of fact even any established logo is a work in progress, take for example Shell or any big company. They do update their logo every now and then in their history. http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/88/Logo-shell.jpg/220px-Logo-shell.jpg

My take on 3d is that it's there to attract newcomers and those who are not familiar with cryptos to take a closer look. 3d sure has the bling bling effect to it. But what is even more relevant now is finding one strong timeless symbol for currency to be used everywhere, 3d-designs can come and go. Naturally we may have variations of the symbol too as long as one can recognise it is the same symbol, like handwritten, stylished etc. There is no one way to draw € either but you do know it is € when you see it.

★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO
Zahlen

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:46:41 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 04:24:32 PM by Zahlen

I didn't realize the logo discussion was going on here. Hi everyone Smiley

http://imgur.com/a/u3sWI

I submitted this in lieu of nxt for a regular stakeholder place. It's amateurish, since I don't do graphic design and only have Paint installed right now. Wanted to gauge interest from folks before I spend more time on it, and/or work on a currency symbol. If someone more skilled than me wants to develop the idea further, that's cool too Smiley

EDIT: Here's a simple currency symbol: (Paint encourages me to stay simple and angular  Grin)

http://imgur.com/DgByGOi

It may not be fair (depending on what one defines as fair). But then how would one enforce fairness? That's still being experimented with, no one's found a good solution yet. BCNext's 1 BTC cap (with taint analysis) and 2 month "IPO" didn't work. KLONE has an interesting idea, but I think it's too limiting and distorts the founder composition.

vidocq

Activity: 52

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:58:46 PM

What is your take on this: should the coin/logo have the currency code in it? ie. NEM EUR USD CNY etc.
Actually the standard is not to have it. Neither printed money nor bithcoin has it. They are just B and € and so on.

I did update my proposal anyhow if there is need to see "NEM" on the coin. The NEM-code variation on the lower right corner. I may do the 3d too. Doesn't hurt to have variations.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg4765437#msg4765437

Nice work ,

Maybe it's just me , but the symbol makes me think of the $ turned on it's side ,

I do like this one : https://www.dropbox.com/sh/jahdbc127www117/jsAdyCd-R4#lh:null-gvans%20nem%20graphic%20bw%20medium%20variation1.png

Vidocq.

gvans

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:41:18 PM
Last edit: January 27, 2014, 10:30:12 PM by gvans

Maybe it's just me , but the symbol makes me think of the $ turned on it's side

Yeah, I was thinking bout that, it is mirrored though not just on it's side. So it's like fiat-currency concurred and turned upside down Grin

Jaguar0625

Activity: 299

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:49:18 PM

not cool

Ditto, I have been a lurker here since last Summer.

(My opinion) What if we made it something along the lines of accounts open before the NEM announcement and/or accounts with an activity of at least X, where X would take some effort for sockpuppet accounts (10+).

NEM - nem.io
Bitye West

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:49:47 PM

My take on the fake accounts "issue":

To gain a 1% share of NXT during ipo:
-Send .22btc from one account

To gain a 1% share of NEM during ipo:
- create 40 accounts
 - You have to actively use each new account for 4+ hours before you can post in the NEM thread.  This means 4x40 = 160 hours of time at computer
- send .4 btc-1 btc OR promote NEM in 40 different places

It's obviously significantly harder and more expensive for someone to gain a 1% share of NEM, compared to NXT

NEM launch is fairer than NXT launch.
- Some people gained a 4.5% share of NXT by sending 1btc at launch

- I highly doubt anyone will create the 180 accounts necessary to gain a 4.5% share of NEM
salsacz

Activity: 490
Merit: 504

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 10:53:43 PM

who cares about a fair launch? distribution is important
opticalcarrier

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:21:21 PM
Last edit: January 28, 2014, 02:41:29 AM by opticalcarrier

who cares about a fair launch? distribution is important

I suppose some other coin could offer buy in for .0001 BTC per user and just stipulate that each user had to have a BCT.org account with X level of activity on date of ANN in order to be able to get in at .0001 BTC.  Otherwise the price is something like .25 BTC per user.  This would TREMENDOUSLY reduce the number of sockpuppets while still allowing TONS of users to get in.

Then the new users will all be shouting "unfair", but we all know what BCNext said about a world with money not being fair.  Also my momma told me "lifes not fair" many times while growing up...  and still it would be a MUCH wider distribution than NXT was.  Hell, some competent dev could do another coin this way.  It would have a MUCH greater (than NXT) ratio of participation from its members, since all the sockpuppet, friends, grandkids, dogsitters, barbers, etc would not be getting accounts created for them.   This way, only people who have already contributed to the BCT.org community would be eligible, and they would be much more inclined to participate anyways, since they are already contributors.

But Im still here going to support NEM however I can
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: