Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:20:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:28:34 AM

Allthough im also made a logo set, i thought at the moment some of these new sketches in registeration thread are done just by little or no work at all?

LOL I thought the same; some of them leave a lot to be desired.

HOWEVER, they are investing their time and effort to help move the NEM brand and name forward. We can't really complain can we?

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 12:56:43 AM

Yes only one or two of the logo entries would even be considered eligible contenders at this point.  The ones I've posted were very much rough ideas I put up in hopes of some feedback.  I am putting together a final submission, that has diverged quite a bit from what I posted, but is an evolution of my idea. 
I think the way gvans has presented, with the artwork scaled to all the sizes it needs to be should be addressed by all entries.  The icon for coin market cap must be 16 by 16 pixels.  Getting something that will read well at that resolution yet stand out among other coins offers an interesting challenge. 
Then think of buttons and ad banner size images of maybe 32 x 32 to 128  range,  and finally higher resolution versions that are still interesting.
kingaltcoins

Activity: 784
Merit: 502

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:22:23 AM

stakeholder List update to page 10 thread 2. The reason for this lateness is I found out couple of fraudsters and the main trick they used is to make reservations with other people transactions.

Since the fee changes every 10 pages, they can only use the transaction in that range because the first thing I checked is to see if there is indeed an transaction of the right amount. Now I also sorted the hash in alphabetical order and only accept unique transaction hash; if a hash was used the second time then that user is a fraudster. So it would take longer time now to update the list since the checking now requires more times and efforts.

I would also go back to earlier transactions to find every single fraudsters and throw them out of the list. The good thing is that all the records are public in the registration thread and all fraudsters will be found out easily using the method I lay out.

So go ahead and waste your times because I am going to find you and throw you out of the stakeholder list.

@utopianfuture

sorry my english
 you rated me as a fraudster, what problem with my transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/pt/tx/01aceb43d73043c4cb82b9f99244154619e0fbf135d071c4489b4ea7b3ba5a37

my adress btc 1Kbsedk9xsQVyGgkSsuzeMR1M5Zb8Gy13j

I sent 0.0002 btc for you please confirm my adress

https://blockchain.info/pt/tx/3070a472ddf770e8cc726859df391eb16556570f7d5b22e3621ffbc7486fca92

utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:30:02 AM

stakeholder List update to page 10 thread 2. The reason for this lateness is I found out couple of fraudsters and the main trick they used is to make reservations with other people transactions.

Since the fee changes every 10 pages, they can only use the transaction in that range because the first thing I checked is to see if there is indeed an transaction of the right amount. Now I also sorted the hash in alphabetical order and only accept unique transaction hash; if a hash was used the second time then that user is a fraudster. So it would take longer time now to update the list since the checking now requires more times and efforts.

I would also go back to earlier transactions to find every single fraudsters and throw them out of the list. The good thing is that all the records are public in the registration thread and all fraudsters will be found out easily using the method I lay out.

So go ahead and waste your times because I am going to find you and throw you out of the stakeholder list.

@utopianfuture

sorry my english
 you rated me as a fraudster, what problem with my transaction ?

https://blockchain.info/pt/tx/01aceb43d73043c4cb82b9f99244154619e0fbf135d071c4489b4ea7b3ba5a37

my adress btc 1Kbsedk9xsQVyGgkSsuzeMR1M5Zb8Gy13j

I sent 0.0002 btc for you please confirm my adress

https://blockchain.info/pt/tx/3070a472ddf770e8cc726859df391eb16556570f7d5b22e3621ffbc7486fca92

That is a duplicate hash.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
kingaltcoins

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:37:48 AM

someone used my hash ...check the tread date and time check  .my address btc

face care is not unfair to the Community have to look into this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.180
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:42:23 AM

Emergency announcement: From this point on all "reserved", "interested", "post transaction later" posts will be deleted. You should send the required fee to NEM addresses, obtain the transaction hash and make a post. The registration thread will strictly be maintained as a registration place only. All other comments should go to this thread.

This measure is introduced to combat the fraudster's practice of using other people's transaction hashes to reserve a stake. Since if two accounts have the same hash we only accept the first account who use that hash so it is critical that a fraudster account cannot use hash from legitimate transactions later.

Now for all accounts with duplicate hashes, the priority is given to an account whose post appears earlier. But for further appeal you would need to contact me via PM and show proof of ownership of that transaction. The appeal would work out easily by sending very small amount from your address to NEM again. Then the other account with duplicate hash would be label "fraudster".

I hope the community will also guard the registration thread to catch any attempt of fraudsters to cheat his way to the stakeholder list. Thanks.

UP

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 01:45:33 AM

someone used my hash ...check the tread date and time check  .my address btc

face care is not unfair to the Community have to look into this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=440185.180

Dont worry I will look into it.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
kingaltcoins

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:07:33 AM

and not just that someone use the hash of others

if there duplicate hash has to be an audit to find out the owner,

I am no scammer. I demand to be taken off the fraudster word of my name on the list,

and request  excuse to me and the community!!!
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:10:08 AM

and not just that someone use the hash of others

if there duplicate hash has to be an audit to find out the owner,

I am no scammer. I demand to be taken off the fraudster word of my name on the list,

and request  excuse to me and the community!!!

I will audit every transactions in thread 2 tomorrow and I already have someone helping me. Your name will be clear and apology and wine will be given.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
SlyWax

Activity: 248
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:23:20 AM

Emergency announcement: From this point on all "reserved", "interested", "post transaction later" posts will be deleted. You should send the required fee to NEM addresses, obtain the transaction hash and make a post. The registration thread will strictly be maintained as a registration place only. All other comments should go to this thread.

This measure is introduced to combat the fraudster's practice of using other people's transaction hashes to reserve a stake. Since if two accounts have the same hash we only accept the first account who use that hash so it is critical that a fraudster account cannot use hash from legitimate transactions later.

Now for all accounts with duplicate hashes, the priority is given to an account whose post appears earlier. But for further appeal you would need to contact me via PM and show proof of ownership of that transaction. The appeal would work out easily by sending very small amount from your address to NEM again. Then the other account with duplicate hash would be label "fraudster".

I hope the community will also guard the registration thread to catch any attempt of fraudsters to cheat his way to the stakeholder list. Thanks.

UP

Why don't you ask people to sign their message with their BTC account, this is the way to go against fraudster.
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 02:30:24 AM

UP

Why don't you ask people to sign their message with their BTC account, this is the way to go against fraudster.

Yes from now on you should consider signing your btc transaction with your username.
But even without a signature, we still have a way to tell a fraudster. Having a signature would be faster though.
And to all of the fraudsters, don't be happy too early if you are now in the list because we will be doing an audition of everything at least twice before the initial NEM distribution.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Uniqueorn

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

NXT.org

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 03:11:42 AM

UP

Yes from now on you should consider signing your btc transaction with your username.
But even without a signature, we still have a way to tell a fraudster. Having a signature would be faster though.
And to all of the fraudsters, don't be happy too early if you are now in the list because we will be doing an audition of everything at least twice before the initial NEM distribution.

Finally. Great to see there are being taken the measures I have been asking for for quite a while now.
I hope you realize that noone is trying to sabotage NEM, but if it's going to be a fair distributed coin, then let's make sure that it actually is Smiley

If you are determined to make sure that is the case then I am greenlighting NEM again and want it to succeed
misterbowls

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:02:14 AM

I suspect a common reaction amongst the dogecoin crowd will be to shout about premine and scam etc...  There is that pervasive attitude, that anything that doesn't justifiy having a GPU rig to mine coin is a scam.

What are some good constructive ways to communicate that NEM is not a scam, and is meant to fulfill the promise of a fairly distributed currency?

Explain how it works.  It is no more unfair than dogecoin which requires an investment in hashpower hardware.  In this case you invest in the coin directly, and some were given the coin for free.  The devs and genesis block did everything they could to give a chance.

In the end, I would also point out how NXT/NEM are superior and that it is basically inevitable that blockchain based coins will hate.
gu7008

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

We are all entering a new era.

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 04:45:53 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 12:22:24 PM by gu7008

Some advice to the devs:

You should do a multibit type client for NEM instead of a localhost site like in NXT.
I think that would be better for newbies and it feels professionally, what NXT's localhost page I think not the best...
But thats just an opinion, many people outside the crypto world don't even know what is IP or localhost or port, and if the software don't start it automatically they won't do it.

I agree. If NEM, the New Economy Movement, is going to introduce the concept of cryptocurrency to masses (people know little about Bitcoin), a user-friendly GUI is very important.

Quote from: wunderbaro
if the software don't start it automatically they won't do it.

Should NEM succeed in this aspect, it can be huge.

All other cryptocurrency are competing in the same area -- people technically-minded enough to appreciate the concept of Bitcoin, or people greed enough who see profit from the price history of Bitcoin and all other altcoins -- this is a bloody red sea. While NEM can expand in the fresh blue sea.

And an easy-to-install and easy-to-use is vital to common people, a Nxt-style client just won't do. The majority will not trouble themselves installing JAVA, setting up environment variable etc.

If NEM runs on JAVA, provide a way to automatically install EVERYTHING, JAVA, NEM client, then produce an easy way to start NEM. For example, a NEM_start.html points to 127.0.0.1:7875.

lxru9999

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:38:38 AM

Any Plans to put some funds aside for bounties, giveaways and faucets? I think both are a good idea. Bounties help it grow. Faucets and giveaways attract new people to the coin.
Janetegan67

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:57:04 AM

I made a Logo as I'm a graphic designer by trade but I don't know how to post it on a message. Any help would be appreciated.
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:14:52 AM

I made a Logo as I'm a graphic designer by trade but I don't know how to post it on a message. Any help would be appreciated.

put it on imgur, it'll give you bb-forum-like link, and just paste it here

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
TheMightyX

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Vires in Numeris

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:35:11 AM

put it on imgur, it'll give you bb-forum-like link, and just paste it here

are you fucking kidding?
You're a graphic designer and you don't know how to add a picture, but then you do, and you add a picture of a link to your post?
All you had to do was PASTE that LINK into THIS message.
Janetegan67

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:21:45 AM

I'm a bit old school, trained 30 years ago. Normally forums have a simple picture upload button. Isn't there an easier way than joining yet another website like igur and posting their link?
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:39:40 AM

its not so hard

go to the image you want. 
1st,  do you have a mouse with left and right buttons or one of those mac one click things? 
right click on the image if you have 2 button mouse
ctrl key  and mouse click if you have a 1 button mouse

then choose "Copy image location" from the dropdown menu.
now in the forum post here that you are making click the little image icon that is above winky face emoticon.
it will make a thing saying
Code:
[img][/img]

get your cursor in the middle and hit PASTE and it should enter the correct code. so it looks something like this
Code:
[img]http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg277/tsai_tsai_family/funny_animal_03.jpg[/img]
now if you hit the preview button you shuld see that your image is working!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: