Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 06:26:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661424 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:19:43 PM

Line 56?  I shouldn't be in there, so thats the problem ?  I'm not getting all defensive because I think #1 you guys are well intentioned #2 we have time to fix this.

What I am upset is that the list is likely 100% wrong.  If you take the 2nd person in the threads then you will always have the "good" person.  This is probably not a bad idea because they are the ones that will have to take corrective action.

My suggestion would be to come up with a process beforehand.  I would suggest PMs since the fraudster can be a pain in the butt if the "proofs" are publically made.  I'd go a bit further and make a 2nd account just for receiving proof pms.  Maybe create 3 nxt accounts, then have person send you 1 NXT in one of three accounts and tell you which on.  You can either vary # of receiving accounts or # of NXT, but if you make it more than 1 nxt then you have to bother returning it perhaps.

Edit - and what does making comment on list do ?  I guess scammer can't comment on the list since they are not on it ?  So by default the fraudalent people can prove they're legitimate?  Just remember with blockchain scammer can see deposit from your account then claim it is his.  You need to come up with a systematic process to prove ownership, or you're going to add to your workload when 100s of people are doing it in varying ways.

oh I think you are confused because of the sheet title. The sheet just lists everyone with the valid transaction hashes they provided. We then sort by the hashes to find duplicate hashes and the fraudsters.
It is not actually that bad as there are about 5-6 fraudsters out of 200 stakeholders. The sheet title is now changed to "hash check" to avoid confusion.

Well now I'm confused. So the list is supposed to hold all stakeholders and the potential fraudsters are marked ? Because I can't find myself anywhere in that sheet. I bought in when it was 160 NXT.

The hash check sheet is done to audit the registration thread 2. I will take input from that list to make change to official stakeholder list. Nothing up to the end of registration thread 1 has been changed yet.

The official stakeholder list goes offline for a few hours for re-organization but that is still the official list.

@misterbowls: I think you still misunderstand the use of the check hash sheet.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
misterbowls

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:32:25 PM

The hash check sheet is done to audit the registration thread 2. I will take input from that list to make change to official stakeholder list. Nothing up to the end of registration thread 1 has been changed yet.

The official stakeholder list goes offline for a few hours for re-organization but that is still the official list.

@misterbowls: I think you still misunderstand the use of the check hash sheet.

I thought it was a list of duplicate hashes, with 1 of the 2 people (2nd to post?) listed.  You are going to still need a way to check who owns the hash.  To check who owns hash, you need a process.  Then you can start knowing with authority which of a duplicate hash poster is fraudalent and which is not.

You said to comment on the doc.  I don't understand what that accomplishes ?  Anyone can comment on the doc ?  

We need a process to say "I sent the money, not that guy, take him off".  

Oh well, I can wait patiently.

If you were to make assumption that first person to post duplicate hash is the fraudalent and make it default, you'd likely decrease your workload.  I doubt many people tried posting duplicate hashes after they had been posted, but who knows.
Stadtfeger

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:41:17 PM

Here are some to stupid to read?

No Exchanges! No BTER No Dgex no Vircurex!!

What happens to those who can not read or rather WANT?
misterbowls

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:46:09 PM

Here are some to stupid to read?

No Exchanges! No BTER No Dgex no Vircurex!!

What happens to those who can not read or rather WANT?

What are you trying to say ?

No exchanges ?  I read most of NEM thread on here and didn't see that.
Emill

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:47:02 PM

As a newbie to crypto followed ntx since 12/13 i see mistakes nxt made from a novice user.
the client was and is crap. download certain java, blocks, trx files this and that (normal people wont bother)

outrole of the client / did not help with a dodgy New Zealand site (distributing infected client that stole you coins)
this was addressed with checking the download hash and all that but the damage was done !

distribution of nxt. nice if you got in but millions of next carnt be sold because even small 250/500k dumps crash the price. So its going to take a long time to shift and if people loose faith  because the investment dont move its game over.

the wallet / i find myself constantly checking the blockchain even with a small amount of nxt.

development fund i think i read 5% > needs to be increased because it costs a lot to go onto an exchange and you need many  !!!!!!!!!!!!
Adverts also cost, publicity is key.

i think you said no faucet / it is paramount that more people become involved thats how i got my first nxt cion.
i would be interested in doing this (setting up a site at my cost if needed)

community seem together at nxt but reading these threads its a bit bitchy with constant moans about this and that.
SOLUTIONS NOT PROBLEMS we need a good forum for users (KEY)

thats my 2pence worth for now no joke about my spelling !

sandramabe

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 06:53:37 PM

hello,

I just found out I am on the fraudster list, please can you explain to me why?

I can send you evidence of my transaction

Regards
ashapasa

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:24:30 PM

Nxt wallet is indeed very tough to download, I hope NEM will make a more user friendly, easier to install wallet. with NEMS already great distribution it can then easily rival or perhaps surpass nxt Shocked.

If 3000-4000 Nem stake holders each recruit 4 new members in a month by giving some of there coins and those new members in turn do the same the growth of Nem will be enormous within a year.
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:29:22 PM

Nxt wallet is indeed very tough to download, I hope NEM will make a more user friendly, easier to install wallet. with NEMS already great distribution it can then easily rival or perhaps surpass nxt Shocked.

If 3000-4000 Nem stake holders each recruit 4 new members in a month by giving some of there coins and those new members in turn do the same the growth of Nem will be enormous within a year.

Agree with you 100%! We need a better client, and that should be our first objective before anything else (of course after the blockchain Cheesy).

I will gladly donate some of my NEM's to 4 people I know, hopefully many other stakeholders do that also!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:31:33 PM

Agree with you 100%! We need a better client, and that should be our first objective before anything else (of course after the blockchain Cheesy).

I will gladly donate some of my NEM's to 4 people I know, hopefully many other stakeholders do that also!

There are alsready some very user friendly clients for nxt out there many people just don't know about them yet. They are however to be showcased on a blog of a nxtcoin.org user. I think Damelon is his nick.

I don't know what utopians plans regarding a client at release are but I think a polished client rightaway would attrackt some attention especially since we have so many people that are new to cprytos.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:35:52 PM

Hello.

Can you please specify what problems do you  exactly have with NXT client?
Do you find it difficult to use?
What options of features are missing there?

Thanks.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:36:30 PM

Hello.

Can you please specify what problems do you  exactly have with NXT client?
Do you find it difficult to use?
What options of features are missing there?

Thanks.

Stadtfeger

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:38:12 PM

I would like to see NEM only starts when everything is ready in contrast to Nxt ...
And last of all for me is the distribution of the shares ... everything else has priority
- Homepage
- Blockchain/Client / Wallet
- Wikipedia / Advertising
- Promotional Gifts / conferences for ideas
- Exchange with the help of graviton
- Donations for special occasions

and last of all distribution of the shares, the time really has me even to the end of the year.
jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:39:47 PM

Hello, you're obviously very busy so sorry for taking up any of your time.

I find my name in the fraudsters list - I did send 2 amounts of NXT to you, one for me and one for my girlfriend and I stated this on the 2nd account when I sent it. I was under in the impression that this was ok (but not more than 2). Have I misinterpreted this? And what can I do to fix it?

Thanks in advance for your help!

patmast3r

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:43:03 PM

I find my name in the fraudsters list - I did send 2 amounts of NXT to you, one for me and one for my girlfriend and I stated this on the 2nd account when I sent it. I was under in the impression that this was ok (but not more than 2). Have I misinterpreted this? And what can I do to fix it?

I think you should be fine allthough I'd wait for utopian to confirm this. The fraudster list is about SINGLE transactions that have been used by multiple users to get a stake. You have 2 transactions for 2 stakes so you should be save Smiley

Emill

Activity: 63

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:47:17 PM

your 100% right. Perhaps there should be a free vote to put you in the dev team.
to much bickering SOLUTIONS NOT PROBLEMS !
jcarl987

Activity: 392

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:50:21 PM

I think you should be fine allthough I'd wait for utopian to confirm this. The fraudster list is about SINGLE transactions that have been used by multiple users to get a stake. You have 2 transactions for 2 stakes so you should be save Smiley

Cheers my friend. I'll just leave them to it. Actually I'm looking at the hash check spreadsheet and it seems that maybe it's a list of all transactions sorted by hash rather than post number? Anyway I'll give it a bit longer before I panic. I just worry as I already told my girlfriend that I'd bought it for her so if one of the stakes was invalid in some way then it would be mine that gets lost Wink

patmast3r

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 07:50:44 PM

Are folks already discussing this with Graviton ? An update would be nice since this may very well be the only chance to get an exchange rather quickly.

gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2014, 07:56:13 PM

Hi, my attempt at NEM logo:

count me in, 350 nxt, tx id: 671567021690599778

http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi?action=2000&tra=671567021690599778

Update: here's my attempt at NEM logo, everything was done on purpose.
  • Triangle-based shape was chosen, to distinguish it from bitcoin clones, I believe, NEM should be thought of as TOKEN
  • Honeycomb pattern was chosen in reference to NEM community
  • Orange->yellow to constantly remind of forging
  • Blue in background should symbolize calm and peace
  • imho logo itself doesn't have no include any inscriptions, two of them contain "NEM" stylized as "NeM"

Original images have TRANSPARENT background.
Images have been scaled down from original resolution: 1985x1804, I'll provide them if there'll be need.

logo:

logos with "nem" added

Attempt with green background (I prefer blue one)

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
misterbowls

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:12:08 PM

I would like to see NEM only starts when everything is ready in contrast to Nxt ...
And last of all for me is the distribution of the shares ... everything else has priority
- Homepage
- Blockchain/Client / Wallet
- Wikipedia / Advertising
- Promotional Gifts / conferences for ideas
- Donations for special occasions

and last of all distribution of the shares, the time really has me even to the end of the year.

You need a working wallet that is tested.  I was hoping for direct fork from NXT.   Leverage what NXT has done.

Distribution of shares is important.  There really is no point in worrying about donations, wikipedi  a, advertising, gifts, etc until you have a working currency.  The earlier you get it going the sooner you can put it on an exchange and let the market further distribute NEM.  NXT has a lot of momentum, utilize it.  The longer you wait for NEM, the harder it will be to establish market share in cryptocoin market.  There will be a lot of shitty NXT clones and if you wait around too long it will be hard to differentiate NME from other NXT clones.
conbos

Activity: 94

View Profile
February 03, 2014, 08:54:16 PM

dear utopian,
any idea of how many stakeholders do we are? It is rather amazing to see how in less than 24 hours, at least 15-16 pages of the second thread were filled. I have the impression that it is a matter of a few days to get the 3000-4000 number that you expected to have.
some post have mention the necessity of implement a better client than NXT. I agree with that claim; however I should admit that for me, NxtMac (0.21) works very well. If you guys can implement some application that allow you to open your account without using the browser and with very few steps required to get it active (multibit in the BTC ecosystem is great), then you will have a tremendous potential. We also need publicity.
Related to the market exchange; is it true that DGEX (Gravitron) is willing to help? If it is the case, it can be quite convenient to have a market in which you can easily interchange between NXTs,NEMs and BTCs. However, I think it is also important to have more markets that can allow transactions between NEMs and BTCs without having NXTs there. Since NXT market is still heavily manipulated, I am afraid that some NXT stakeholders, seeing the value of NEM wants to interfere NEM markets. Well, maybe it isn't true; I'm newbie in this business
just some thoughts to share...

New Economy Movement (N.E.M.) Supporter
http://www.ournem.com
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: