Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 07:15:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 09:43:23 AM

When will the list of presumed fraudsters be posted so they can start claiming their funds ?   I was on the list earlier today but waited for things to settle down.  I then see a post claiming veteran accounts are given precedence ?  Do you mean the actual title "veteran"?

My account is from 2012 and I'd really like to know who scammed my transaction, lol.

In the end a list of all the accounts that are proven "fraudsters" should be posted for the greater good of bitcointalk.

veteran means >20 activity. so you are good if a 1 activity newbie takes the hash from you. The list is up again and if you still have an "Y" condition then you are still good.

The list is just updated to page 20 thread 2 though.  Let me know here you you still have a question.

Some cool ones among them - thanks for collecting them.
I think this one stands out though : https://secure.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12297861706/lightbox/
Very nice !
I think this one is pretty much the same then the other coin icons and it doesnt stand out at all  Huh but thats my personal opinion.
My favourite is this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12297297615/
and this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12297296355/

I like the first one as well.
The second one looks very familiar. I don't want to accuse anyone of anything but I think someone took some logo and exchanged whatever was there with "NEM".
First one reminds me of the NEC logo.  Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 10:52:44 AM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 11:04:40 AM by jkoil

Is there objective difference in fairness between Nxt and NEM? Nope. Cos there's no such thing as objective fair.

Always can be defined fairness for something...  Wink
eg. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fairness_measure

For example in this case: "it is fair that I did get a share".
Then calculate, how many sentences you hear.
...more sentences, more fairness.

It could be or could be not more fair in people minds to divide Genesis to 3k accs instead of 73

what kind of philosophy would be behind the forehead (or in the heart) of the one, who thinks and really believes that the case of 73 is presenting more fairness?

mindact

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:37:28 AM

@utopianfuture

I think some important updates should be displayed in the first page so that it would be easy to see.

Smiley
oliviern

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:37:57 AM

If it looks like nec, this is may due to the blue... so... as it is a green money, here is a new version of a FDFFGNC : 'flat designed future fractal green nem coin'

- I predict future coins will be square ! hmm... I believe...
- with a free 'fractal' effect added : infinite zoom is possible, as the whole coin has the shape of the 'E'
- the 'N' is like a gate : enter in the New Economy Model !
- the 'E' can be seen as a hand : sharing is caring
- the 'M', I don't know... The shape of a guy into the gate ? ie a human centered money ?

So, those hieroglyphs may also mean : "enter the gate, welcome to sharing, it is YOUR green money".

This is 'nem plus ultra' version ! Smiley

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-Pr_g1364Cds/UvDQvL5XeUI/AAAAAAAAAVg/8-ZiUKdgH2g/w541-h505-no/nem2.png
Mr. Socko

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 11:44:50 AM

Given I plan to have a stake in this coin I certainly have a vested interest in promoting it.

It would be nice if the name was  BIT, or "Better Internet Transactions" .. you guys should change the name of that clone NXZ to BIT ... or create a coin called BIT.. better internet transactions, and then give me a share or three for thinking up the name. That name would so become popular.   It could also be called "Better International Transactions"

I'll give you 12 bits for one bitcoin. Smiley So simple. So elegant. More elegant a name than even bitcoin, imho. A gold mine for those who really want a coin with value added features that bitcoin lacks to take off in the marketplace.

patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:48:43 AM

Given I plan to have a stake in this coin I certainly have a vested interest in promoting it.

It would be nice if the name was  BIT, or "Better Internet Transactions" .. you guys should change the name of that clone NXZ to BIT ... or create a coin called BIT.. better internet transactions, and then give me a share for thinking up the name. That name would so become popular.   It could also be called "Better International Transactions"

I'll give you 12 bits for one bitcoin. Smiley

For one I think it's to late for a rename.
Also there's already something called Bitshares and I think people would infer that the two are somehow related.

JAMTHIRTEEN13

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 11:55:23 AM

Hello,

I have found my name on the Fraudsters list,  I live in spain and I have sent it following the rules, please can you tell me what I have done wrong, I can send you screenshots or anything, I am genuine, did someone took my id number. I want to know what went wrong and I want also to help to clarify this

Check back in a few hours as I updated the list. At the moment it is likely that your hash is used by a fraudster but I can fix it. Don't worry.

I am still waiting for you to come back to me, someone took my ID and I am not happy about it, if you do nothing about it I will make an official complain to bitcointalk.

Regards
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:04:14 PM

I think this one is pretty much the same then the other coin icons and it doesnt stand out at all  Huh but thats my personal opinion.
My favourite is this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12297297615/
and this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12297296355/

Mine opinion's similar. I'd throw out most of the round ones.

besides the one you've mentioned, I like the ones from mvag:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12205804323/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12205803823/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/115246188@N06/12206175286/

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Mr. Socko

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2014, 12:11:41 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 12:31:41 PM by Mr. Socko

something simple is all the logo really needs... bitcoin's logo is not fancy it's just one letter. That's all this one needs to be. Plenty of coins with fancy logos that are languishing on the bottom of the market cap list. Name, word of mouth, community, and popularity are more important for acceptance in the market place... also simplicity and ease of use.

Personally with all the clones coming out I question the survivability of NEM and NXZ.. it's going to take a real catchy name or a very large community to make a coin popular now. Now we have this "Futurecoin" yet another NXT clone (which is probably going to fail before it even gets going with the OP managing to walk off with at least some BTC in the process) ... there are clones of all the major coin types now everywhere. I see the decline of the truly unpopular alt coins coming.. where they will basically end up being micro cap coins soon, with market caps under $200,000.

That's why my idea for BIT .. better internet transactions (or better international transactions)... it's one of the few names left that would instantly grab attention... although admittedly this name (NEM, New Economy Movement) is still fairly catchy compared to a lot of them.

Hopefully the group of investors we have is diverse and dedicated to the coin and not just dumping their stakes for the next one.... since we will have more smaller shareholders we hopefully will have a larger more dedicated community but we will also have more of a 'float' given that coins where you have a very few people holding lots of coins and they don't sell them, that helps keep the price up a bit by limiting the supply (float)
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:15:50 PM

I know this may have been asked before, but what i'd like to know is:

If/When this coin is released, how will the first investors know and how will they get their "funds?" I assume each individual will be contacted via PM on these forums, is that correct?

I jumped on board just shortly after the "Free" period. I've still got a "Y" condition on the list too. I just wanted to know what happens once the coin is released.

something simple is all the logo really needs... bitcoin's logo is not fancy it's just one letter. That's all this one needs to be. Plenty of coins with fancy logos that are languishing on the bottom of the market cap list. Name, word of mouth, community, and popularity are more important for acceptance in the market place... also simplicity and ease of use.

Personally with all the clones coming out I question the survivability of NEM and NXZ.. it's going to take a real catchy name or a very large community to make a coin popular now. Now we have this "Futurecoin" yet another NXT clone (which is probably going to fail before it even gets going with the OP managing to walk off with at least some BTC in the process) ... there are clones of all the major coin types now everywhere. I see the decline of the truly unpopular alt coins coming.. where they will basically end up being micro cap coins soon, with market caps under $200,000.

That's why my idea for BIT .. better internet transactions (or better international transactions)... it's one of the few names left that would instantly grab attention... although admittedly this name (NEM, New Economy Movement) is still fairly catchy compared to a lot of them.

Hopefully the group of investors we have is diverse and dedicated to the coin and not just dumping their stakes for the next one.... since we will have more smaller shareholders we hopefully will have a larger more dedicated community but we will also have more of a 'float' given that coins where you have a very few people holding lots of coins and they don't sell them, that helps keep the price up a bit by limiting the supply (float)

Alot of this makes sense to me. I Do not agree with the name change though but i perfectly understand your logic. For me, NEM reminds us that it's still tied to NXT in many respects. renaming it BIT might cause confusion.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:19:16 PM

Hello,

I have found my name on the Fraudsters list,  I live in spain and I have sent it following the rules, please can you tell me what I have done wrong, I can send you screenshots or anything, I am genuine, did someone took my id number. I want to know what went wrong and I want also to help to clarify this

Check back in a few hours as I updated the list. At the moment it is likely that your hash is used by a fraudster but I can fix it. Don't worry.

I am still waiting for you to come back to me, someone took my ID and I am not happy about it, if you do nothing about it I will make an official complain to bitcointalk.

Regards

You are in the list position 1496. The other list is the supplement hash check list (there is no fraudster list) to check for duplicate hashes.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
highscore

Activity: 286
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 01:53:14 PM

UtopianFuture , maybe it's time to announce the last page of registration?
What about 50 or 100?
Xpedite

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 02:34:34 PM

What about 50 or 100?

I don't know if it's time yet but IMHO I think this should be announced as soon as possible once the decision is made. People that miss the registation will probably be quite dissapointed.
Xpedite

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:04:17 PM

If it looks like nec, this is may due to the blue... so...

Exactly, but don't misunderstand me.. I like your design!
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:06:06 PM

What about 50 or 100?

I don't know if it's time yet but IMHO I think this should be announced as soon as possible once the decision is made. People that miss the registation will probably be quite dissapointed.

I will talk to Jaguar tonight. As said earlier, hard cap is 4000 but I think 3000 is more manageable logistically. We are about at 2100-2200 now so it takes about 40-50 pages more to reach the target stakeholders around 3000. But then we would need to delete duplicate accounts and unqualified accounts so the total would drop a bit.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JAMTHIRTEEN13

Activity: 6

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:15:10 PM

Hello,

I have found my name on the Fraudsters list,  I live in spain and I have sent it following the rules, please can you tell me what I have done wrong, I can send you screenshots or anything, I am genuine, did someone took my id number. I want to know what went wrong and I want also to help to clarify this

Regards

You are in the list position 1496. The other list is the supplement hash check list (there is no fraudster list) to check for duplicate hashes.

Thanks, please can you paste here the link where I can see I am in the list position 1496. There are so many links now with so many lists I don't know which one to go and  the list I checked I don't see myself in the position 1496, Will you be kind enough to paste here that link with the list so I can confirm I am in position 1496
nottrulyevil

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:27:06 PM

I will talk to Jaguar tonight. As said earlier, hard cap is 4000 but I think 3000 is more manageable logistically. We are about at 2100-2200 now so it takes about 40-50 pages more to reach the target stakeholders around 3000. But then we would need to delete duplicate accounts and unqualified accounts so the total would drop a bit.  

Sounds good Smiley Do you know how long after the registration have closed the coin will be released? days? weeks? months?

►  NEW ECONOMY MOVEMENT  ◄ 
  Fairly distributed
Xpedite

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:27:58 PM

Hello,

Regards

Thanks, please can you paste here the link where I can see I am in the list position 1496. There are so many links now with so many lists I don't know which one to go and  the list I checked I don't see myself in the position 1496, Will you be kind enough to paste here that link with the list so I can confirm I am in position 1496

It's not hard, have a look at row 31: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdDZ0amZpM00wQXhrR2lJM3pCOGRhNFE#gid=1

BTW: "Ctrl F" is a magical tool, no pun intended!
Xpedite

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:30:25 PM

Sounds good Smiley Do you know how long after the registration have closed the coin will be released? days? weeks? months?

Here's your answer :

Utopian, could you give any time frame for the distribution of the coins? Thanks for all the work you put in.

Sorry nothing definite at the moment. But I can have a way so that you can sell/ buy your stakes within 1 months when the fund raising is over. 
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 04, 2014, 03:34:58 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2014, 03:56:57 PM by utopianfuture

Update: the list is updated to page 30/ registration thread 2. Kooream is now working on registration thread 1 from page 50 to 90. If you have time, you can do double- check of the hash validity in the hash-check sheets. There are a few cases who sent less than the required amount. Generally we did not disqualify these cases, but we will try not to let any fraudster in the list by duplicating other people hashes or make up a bogus transaction.

UP

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: