Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 08:49:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Zoella

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:37:00 PM

Anyone complaining that an account with > 5/10 stakes is being "persecuted" should immediately be investigated!

Cheesy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chuki

Activity: 210
Merit: 108

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:42:06 PM

Hello

When will the Stackholder List be updatet? I can´t find my name

Sry for my bad english

thx

Very Lucky!!!
dwma

Activity: 405
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 02:54:39 PM

Anyone complaining that an account with > 5/10 stakes is being "persecuted" should immediately be investigated!

Cheesy

Go ahead.  The point is that the early existing sock puppets were able to get unlimited accounts with almost 0 effort in anything.  Yet we are selectively going after later guys, just because there is method for tracing them.  I'd say make all the people who paid nothing somehow verify themselves too.

Patmaster.  You need to determine what exchange addresses are.  You will continue running into them with your taint analysis.  I am not sure the best way to do this though.  Ideas ?  

I know if you trace NXT like this you're going to find a lot of funding from the 2-3 (?) exchanges that are the only source of NXT.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:07:21 PM

Cheesy

Go ahead.  The point is that the early existing sock puppets were able to get unlimited accounts with almost 0 effort in anything.  Yet we are selectively going after later guys, just because there is method for tracing them.  I'd say make all the people who paid nothing somehow verify themselves too.

Patmaster.  You need to determine what exchange addresses are.  You will continue running into them with your taint analysis.  I am not sure the best way to do this though.  Ideas ?  

I know if you trace NXT like this you're going to find a lot of funding from the 2-3 (?) exchanges that are the only source of NXT.

I'm not even sure exchanges always use the same addresses. If we're serious about this taint analysis it'll be a butload of work that may "catch" the wrong people. Not very motivating I have to say.

Gaman

Activity: 284
Merit: 101

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:14:15 PM

Cheesy

I'm not even sure exchanges always use the same addresses. If we're serious about this taint analysis it'll be a butload of work that may "catch" the wrong people. Not very motivating I have to say.

The problem is ... there is a possibility that exchanges use the same address.  Then the guy could always just say it is from an exchange (even if it is not) and you would be none the wiser.

▂ ▃ ▅ ▆   LUCRE DON'T HODL; TRADE!   ▆ ▅ ▃ ▂
BITCOIN & CRYPTO CURRENCY ALGORITHMIC TRADING & SIGNAL SERVICE ✓ 
▌▐ ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter ⬝  Telegram ⬝   Facebook ⬝  Youtube ⬝  Meduim   ▬▬▬▬▬ ▌▐
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:19:27 PM

Cheesy

In the first 20 pages all most all accounts are unique veteran accounts. This project has not yet been taken seriously until we move to thread 2 when we gather some following (probably not even now since we still have no codes Smiley ).

No one attempts complicated trick to cover their trails if they make many accounts in the thread 1. It is a hassle to go though all these things while the fee is 2,4 nxt. So it is as accurate as it gets if the community want to find out big multi accouters and refund them.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:28:49 PM

Can we please stop this argument about multiple accounts.
I come here everyday to see the project updates and all I see is people bitching and mourning about multi accounts.

I want to see some ETAs, white paper, beta client etc. etc.
And no one seems to be interested in any of these.

Devs, you have gathered more than 40bitcoins by now and its time you give us some hard hitting timeline and future plans about NEM as responsible IPO creators.
You cant just discuss this multiple account thing on and on and on.

As OP has said multiple times, they are doing their best to minimise it and let it be.

Lets move on to the actual project now.
40 bit coins, and its time we get this thing moving....

So is there going to be a white paper for NEM?
Any ETA on a beta client?

Give us some screen shots of anything to justify the 40 bitcoin holding ,as you have been developing this thing for the last 3 weeks, at least right?
I am getting slightly concerned about the whole thing now.

Thanks

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:36:28 PM

Can we please stop this argument about multiple accounts.
I come here everyday to see the project updates and all I see is people bitching and mourning about multi accounts.

I want to see some ETAs, white paper, beta client etc. etc.
And no one seems to be interested in any of these.

Devs, you have gathered more than 40bitcoins by now and its time you give us some timeline and future plans about the future, as responsible IPO creators.
You cant just discuss this multiple account thing on and on and on.

As OP has said multiple times, they are doing their best to minimise it and let it be.

Lets move on to the actual project now.
40 bit coins, and its time we get this thing moving....

So is there going to be a white paper for NEM?
Any ETA on a beta client?

Give us some screen shots of anything to justify the 40 bitcoin holding and you have been developing for the last 3 weeks at least right?
I am getting slightly concerned about the whole thing now.

Thanks

We have a concept of "parallel development". That means we do technical development parallel with fundraising and community building. Bitching about distribution seems like inevitable given the nature of proof of stake blockchain that all shares have to be given out at the beginning. But the core technical development team is shielded from this discussion and will deliver the works according to the plan. However given the nature of the new start-up, everyone should be patient because there are a lot of things to sort through at the beginning.

It is very clear in our pitch that "you should be patient and we have no new codes at this point". So no ETA of any kind at this point and you should know that before putting the money in. We won't need to justify to you or anyone either as in the disclaimer :

"
- No contractual promise is made to anyone.
- Be patient
"

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
qgmurugan007

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:40:55 PM

We have a concept of "parallel development". That means we do technical development parallel with fundraising and community building. Bitching about distribution seems like inevitable given the nature of proof of stake blockchain that all shares have to be given out at the beginning. But the core technical development team is shielded from this discussion and will deliver the works according to the plan. However given the nature of the new start-up, everyone should be patient because there are a lot of things to sort through at the beginning.

It is very clear in our pitch that "you should be patient and we have no new codes at this point". So no ETA of any kind and you should know that before putting the money in.

I am not asking for a fully functional product here.
As an investor, I want to see how you are progressing with the 'parallel development'.
What have you achieved so far? Any screen shots or source code to share?
If you are doing development, you must be developing it against some spec or white paper right?
Could you be kind enough to share it?

Also your development team, they dont have any deadline at all?
So this thing could take years then?

How long you think is - Be patient ?

If you are doing it for the first 20 pages of people, who entered it for free, then you take as much time as you want.
You have taken my money and now you are sitting on top of +40 bitcoins, from similar people like me.
So I am looking for some answers here.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:47:04 PM

It is very clear in our pitch that "you should be patient and we have no new codes at this point". So no ETA of any kind and you should know that before putting the money in.

As an investor, I want to see how you are progressing with the 'parallel development'.
If you are doing development, you must be developing it against some spec or white paper right?

If you are doing it for the first 20 pages of people, who entered it for free, then you take as much time as you want.
You have taken my money and now you are sitting on top of +40 bitcoins, from similar people like me.

You may want to check out NEX www.nexcoin.net .  we may actually be much further along in development.   

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:49:41 PM

No new source codes yet. We are at brainstorming/ draft/ assigning high level tasks stage. Some updates will come this weekend.

And sorry we are not asking for investors (no need for investors at all); we are asking for participants in a crypto movement/ community. It is not conceptualized as a corporation like Mastercoin or Bitshare. Developers participate in the technical development side and we expect other participants to contribute to other efforts as they can to spread NEM. Distribution is certainly something worthwhile to discuss, just no need to escalate the discussion to a level contrary to our spirit.  

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:53:48 PM

No new source codes yet. We are at brainstorming/ draft/ assigning high level tasks stage. Some updates will come this weekend.

That's indeed interesting.   I had thought you would just clone NXT.

What I don't understand is, why did you start collecting funds when you are still in the brainstorming stage?

Anyway,  best of luck with your project.   We will be watching your progress.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Jenska

Activity: 89
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:54:00 PM

Cmoon, be patient. A couple of weeks just had gone, so why panic?  

I dont really understand, why some of the people get upset and complaining all the time about nonsense.
Read through the actual annoucement about NEM.

Be calm and try make some good stuff to promote NEM or put some good ideas here, IMO NEM is getting good hype behind, look at the registeration topic!
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 03:57:03 PM

I agree, it would be nice to see something to show progress. A regular daily/bi-daily post from each developer would be nice, just to show that development is actually happening.

Also, can't all the devs get together and produce some sort of timeframe estimate? Just to put your ~3000 investors' mind at ease? Asking for a timeframe and being impatient are not the same thing. The time from NXT's announcement to release was ~3 months.  Placing the same estimate on NEM would put it's release at the end of April/early May. Not to mention you have much more funding than they did. It's good to have a deadline to work to.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
qgmurugan007

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:00:44 PM

And sorry we are not asking for investors (no need for investors at all); we are asking for participants in a crypto movement/ community. It is not conceptualized as a corporation like Mastercoin or Bitshare. Developers participate in the technical development side and we expect other participants to contribute to other efforts as they can to spread NEM. Distribution is certainly something worthwhile to discuss, just no need to escalate the discussion to a level contrary to our spirit.  

As a participant I would like to know how far is the development so that I can contribute.
Why don't you put a website somewhere, telling what you have decided so far after three weeks of brainstorming, so that I can contribute more.

Or are you expecting the community to do everything for you and you continue collecting money from 'participants'?
I dont want to be a kill joy but after weeks of announcing NEM, I see no progress, no announcements, but just fund collection and 'brain storming', which is making me nervous
as there are so many scams going on in this space.

Thanks.

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:10:32 PM

As a participant I would like to know how far is the development so that I can contribute.
Why don't you put a website somewhere, telling what you have decided so far after three weeks of brainstorming, so that I can contribute more.

Or are you expecting the community to do everything for you and you continue collecting money from 'participants'?
I dont want to be a kill joy but after weeks of announcing NEM, I see no progress, no announcements, but just fund collection and 'brain storming', which is making me nervous
as there are so many scams going on in this space.

Thanks.

Updates this weekend Smiley we can't have a community without trust, can't we ? I have put up  bounties for managing nemcoin.com; .info and .org so prepare a plan if you want to manage one of them. I think i will put them out for anyone capable after the fund raising is over.

Let me know if you can be a core developer then you can have an access to the core development plan.

For this type of project, funding is never a big factor. for an example you can just compare Mastercoin with NXT and Counter-Party-Protocol. I have explained before, the amount of funding is never a big factor for this project to progress. But the funding is there to establish participant's commitment and to establish the floor price of NEM.
We could have used Proof of Burn instead and this project will still progress, but I just don't see why we should enrich the current Bitcoin holders, so the funding will be kept for development but it will not be the deciding factor of NEM's success or failure.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
oliviern

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:13:41 PM

To add some fun to this topic, I have 'minecrafted' my logo attempt (here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg4922135#msg4922135 or here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg4929610#msg4929610 - star trek design, for Jean Luc P. Smiley - ). The NEM logo works with very few pixels !

You can play and edit it for fun, to spend time, waiting for NEM release :

It's here (nb : any edit is seen by all other people, and there is no save or ctrl-Z...) :
http://3d.meteor.com/#scene/RXwpp7X79eGrKLbun
qgmurugan007

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:24:46 PM

Let me know if you can be a core developer then you can have an access to the core development plan.
Are you saying, only core developers can have access to the core development plan?
Is this not a community project by participants anymore?
Then please add me to the list and I can update the community on its progress.
I dont need the core development plan, just a plan would do.

If funding is never a factor, why do you keep increase the stake amount after each page?
Why cant we let the community decide the price after giving equal stakes for everyone?, lets say every memebr who is interested as you did for the first 20 pages.
So dont BS me on that.

Dear OP, crypto world is a very fast moving one and after three weeks of brain storming, you haven't got a single line of code, that too after collecting 40+BTC to date from participants,
its time to rethink your  our strategies.

Eagerly waiting for the weekend updates.

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:31:36 PM

Are you saying, only core developers can have access to the core development plan?
Is this not a community project by participants anymore?
Then please add me to the list and I can update the community on its progress.
I dont need the core development plan, just a plan would do.

If funding is never a factor, why do you keep increase the stake amount after each page?
Why cant we let the community decide the price after giving equal stakes for everyone?, lets say every memebr who is interested as you did for the first 20 pages.
So dont BS me on that.

Dear OP, crypto world is a very fast moving one and after three weeks of brain storming, you haven't got a single line of code, that too after collecting 40+BTC to date from participants,
its time to rethink your  our strategies.

Eagerly waiting for the weekend updates.

Well that's NEM fundraising style and NEM community. You could make up your own too. No envy here. NEM goes forward. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
qgmurugan007

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 04:40:47 PM

Well that's NEM fundraising style and NEM community. You could make up your own too. No envy here. NEM goes forward. 

No Envy at all. For you i am a 'participant' who gives free money to you, and from my perspective I am an investor, who has invested money into your project, believing in you and seeing a potential for growth.I would like to know how many are 'participants' and not investors in this forum.
I am looking for answers on my investment and that's all, whats there to envy about in there?

Lets see what you have for the weekend news.

Also please ADD me to the core development team.

peace. Cool

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: