Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:05:06 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
Jaguar0625

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 11:32:58 PM

Let me know if you can be a core developer then you can have an access to the core development plan.
Are you saying, only core developers can have access to the core development plan?
Is this not a community project by participants anymore?
Then please add me to the list and I can update the community on its progress.
I dont need the core development plan, just a plan would do.

If funding is never a factor, why do you keep increase the stake amount after each page?
Why cant we let the community decide the price after giving equal stakes for everyone?, lets say every memebr who is interested as you did for the first 20 pages.
So dont BS me on that.

Dear OP, crypto world is a very fast moving one and after three weeks of brain storming, you haven't got a single line of code, that too after collecting 40+BTC to date from participants,
its time to rethink your  our strategies.

Eagerly waiting for the weekend updates.

At the moment the core developers are working on the first draft of the development plan. Once the draft is finished (ETA this weekend), I will post a link to it on this forum and open it up to comments and suggestions for a few days. After the plan is approved, we will start the development efforts in earnest.

NEM - nem.io

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
vectorhold

Activity: 2
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:17:29 AM

Hey Guys, I feel like a complete idiot I purchased a stake in NEM for 600 but later on I verified the transaction 14343293611098709683 to realize I had sent 6000!
Before sending I checked multiple times that I had all the details correct I can't comprehend what went wrong, only thing I can think of is some mishap between my remote connection to my computer running the client as I was having an issue with the connection and my input was slightly delayed.

utopianfuture informed me that I need to publish this for the community to hear as he doesn't have authority over the account to refund me.. ?
I guess if NXT had some kind of "are these details correct" before sending popup mistakes like this wouldn't happen, I guess maybe a future implementation.

---------------------------

600 NXT sent
Transaction id: 14343293611098709683
NXT Acc: 12738925918510358212
abofj

Activity: 57

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:21:39 AM

So you think it is ok for someone to gather 50k usd or whatever in donations and have absolutely 0 connection with anyone or any way at all to be accountable.  I think you're looking too much from one side and not the other, but I'll drop it as this discussion serves no purpose.

So back on topic, what exactly will be made known to investors about the dev plans and what won't ? 

are you afraid that this is like NEON?
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=400356.0
Blade Walker

Activity: 13

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 12:54:44 AM

Hey Guys, I feel like a complete idiot I purchased a stake in NEM for 600 but later on I verified the transaction 14343293611098709683 to realize I had sent 6000!
Before sending I checked multiple times that I had all the details correct I can't comprehend what went wrong, only thing I can think of is some mishap between my remote connection to my computer running the client as I was having an issue with the connection and my input was slightly delayed.

utopianfuture informed me that I need to publish this for the community to hear as he doesn't have authority over the account to refund me.. ?
I guess if NXT had some kind of "are these details correct" before sending popup mistakes like this wouldn't happen, I guess maybe a future implementation.

---------------------------

600 NXT sent
Transaction id: 14343293611098709683
NXT Acc: 12738925918510358212

Haha I can relate, I have accidentally sent an incorrect amount of NXT before to a third party account.

For the legitimacy of the project you should be able to have the 5400 returned... from whoever has this authority.
atomiclock

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:09:04 AM

I agree.  Return this man his overpaid NXT.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:20:54 AM

I agree.  Return this man his overpaid NXT.

Okie will do tomorrow.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
okaynow

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

PGP 9CB0902E

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:48:18 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 03:00:28 AM by okaynow

@The whole fraudster and multi account topic.

Koreem and I are already sweeping through the regsitration pages (Koreem has done way more I just started yestersay) and already found some multi-accs. I'm gessing utopian is also looking. The more the merrier so if you have time go ahead and check the blockchains.

If you do it remember that you have to check the history of an address as well. The multi accs I found were only discovered because I checked where the used addresses were funded from in the first place.

As I understand it the current plan is to collect all the intell until fundraising is over and then publicly discuss the cases and refund them if they have more than 10 stakes.

I myself believe that 10 is actually a lot and we should start at 5 but let's hear some thoughts.

I would agree with starting at 5.

-----------------------
Edit-> offtopic, on the complaints. It's too soon people, please

not trying to be mean or anything but,
people should read the very first post of the thread,
and then repeat that processrepeat that processrepeat that process for the registration threads.
They should read it outloud to themselves. They should make sure they understand & comprehend what they are reading.

And then they should wait. Until at least spring. Patience is a virtue.

1PeecNu1J8VNKpgR13nasMZWLcMZrwNJfc
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 03:55:35 AM

Here's what I came up with for my logo submission.  The equals symbol icon is 16x16 for data sites.
ashapasa

Activity: 420

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 05:43:09 AM

Here's what I came up with for my logo submission.  The equals symbol icon is 16x16 for data sites.

Very very well done. This is the best proposed logo I have seen not only for NEM but all other cryptos. It just stands out and commands your attention.
ashapasa

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:21:42 AM

utopianfuture do you plan to kick out any stakeholder who asks about actual progress of the project?  I thought u wanted to start a egalitarian movement here. the man raised valid questions a lot of stakeholders are actually interested in knowing. progress updates would be appreciated by all stakeholders and reduce FUD instead of threats to return investment.
Market6677

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:42:53 AM

I found his questions to development also not bad, on the contrary! I'm waiting Anyway here when I go in, after news and in all the weeks there was nothing except the discus ion on multiple accounts.
But I am now curious on the news this weekend as they were promised.
But let the developers work in silence, we have time to develop good but what creates trust and also reported on something new.

Incidentally must utopianfuture not his private data release that is correct but he also asked those who know him personally from the forum until now, no one has yet reported.

Dear Utopianfuture but that you also often advertised that you are in some well known.

Best wishes and curious what is there to report on the weekend

I think my English is more than bad so I do not write often but I hope you can read it and understand Smiley
sfinder

Activity: 81

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 06:55:55 AM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 07:38:25 AM by sfinder

agreed. utopianfuture  should give us daily progress report on development and rough golive date for NEM

I found his questions to development also not bad, on the contrary! I'm waiting Anyway here when I go in, after news and in all the weeks there was nothing except the discus ion on multiple accounts.
But I am now curious on the news this weekend as they were promised.
But let the developers work in silence, we have time to develop good but what creates trust and also reported on something new.

Incidentally must utopianfuture not his private data release that is correct but he also asked those who know him personally from the forum until now, no one has yet reported.

Dear Utopianfuture but that you also often advertised that you are in some well known.

Best wishes and curious what is there to report on the weekend

I think my English is more than bad so I do not write often but I hope you can read it and understand Smiley
Doriangrayz

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:13:33 AM

are you serious?
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 07:54:22 AM

are you serious?

It's not Your favorite submission?  Well fret not, it looks like the entry period to the contest has closed.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 09:24:21 AM

Okay so appearantly we're seeing the down side of getting a lot of crypto-newbies in.
I can see how the crypto world could be somewhat confusing and intimidating to people that invested money here for the first time but you will need to realize something very quickly:

If you invest money in a new project you are trusting a complete stranger with it. He may give you daily updates, he may give you monthly updates or he may run away with your money and kill your cat on the way. This is the way things work in this world.
Would I wan't daily updates ? Sure ! Will I request them ? No !
I trusted utopian and the rest of the team with my money and now I have to wait and see what comes out of it - That's how it works.

Also it's not like we're completely in the dark. He has given updates and Jaguar just said that he'll be releasing the development plan as soon as it's done. - What more do you wan't ?
Would it be better if they told you every day that "Work is in progress" ?

About the guy utopian refunded. Utopian calls to shot on this project regarding marketing, fundraising and what not. He'll do as he sees fit. Don't you guys have jobs ? What would your boss do if you did something that he didn't like ?

For all the risk you are taking you are getting a huge chance in return. Imagine NEM would have the same success as NXT does. You would have paid around 50 bucks to get them multiplied and multiplied for doing exactly nothing on your part.

I'm really not trying to kiss anyones ass it's just getting a little boring listening to the newbies cry for updates.

ashapasa

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:33:46 AM

Okay so appearantly we're seeing the down side of getting a lot of crypto-newbies in.
I can see how the crypto world could be somewhat confusing and intimidating to people that invested money here for the first time but you will need to realize something very quickly:

If you invest money in a new project you are trusting a complete stranger with it. He may give you daily updates, he may give you monthly updates or he may run away with your money and kill your cat on the way. This is the way things work in this world.
I trusted utopian and the rest of the team with my money and now I have to wait and see what comes out of it - That's how it works.

Also it's not like we're completely in the dark. He has given updates and Jaguar just said that he'll be releasing the development plan as soon as it's done. - What more do you wan't ?

About the guy utopian refunded. Utopian calls to shot on this project regarding marketing, fundraising and what not. He'll do as he sees fit. Don't you guys have jobs ? What would your boss do if you did something that he didn't like ?

For all the risk you are taking you are getting a huge chance in return. Imagine NEM would have the same success as NXT does. You would have paid around 50 bucks to get them multiplied and multiplied for doing exactly nothing on your part.

I'm really not trying to kiss anyones ass it's just getting a little boring listening to the newbies cry for updates.

We all know the potential reward if NEM is a success ergo our reason for being here.You are not exactly calming the situation down with that patronizing post. We would "appreciate" updates we are not "demanding" it. Those two posters obviously are not fluent in English and off course you are not kissing it Grin.
ashapasa

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:49:08 AM

Pat I am sorry for that last sentence Embarrassed. Did not mean it. We should be focusing on more important stuff that might actually give NEM a chance to succeed.
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:35:28 PM

+1

I trust utopianfuture 100%. I've seen he's contribution to the NXT community and I know he's got enough NXT not to have a reason to scam 40 BTC and lose his reputation.

Everyone who demands for proof of legitimacy needs to realize that we're still only at the beginning. It's a long way to the finish line!
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 01:52:23 PM

By the way Utopianfuture would you look at the forums we've made (http://nemcoin.userboard.net/) and the nemcoin.com (http://stylebox.wix.com/nemcoin) page model I PM'd you yesterday and let me know If we should develop them more or if you don't want us for some reason to do these pages. Please note that both the websites are under construction, and not complete, but that only the site outlook has been created. We'd gladly add more content but it seems to be a waste of time unless we get approval that these websites will become used!

It's taken already hours of work creating both sites and it's only reasonable that you give us an answer. And btw if you're not aware the website developers are shantell and me. We already have experience in creating online retailing websites and also websites for real-life businesses so we're confident that we'll manage this.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 02:54:23 PM
Last edit: February 08, 2014, 03:24:43 PM by utopianfuture

By the way Utopianfuture would you look at the forums we've made (http://nemcoin.userboard.net/) and the nemcoin.com (http://stylebox.wix.com/nemcoin) page model I PM'd you yesterday and let me know If we should develop them more or if you don't want us for some reason to do these pages. Please note that both the websites are under construction, and not complete, but that only the site outlook has been created. We'd gladly add more content but it seems to be a waste of time unless we get approval that these websites will become used!

It's taken already hours of work creating both sites and it's only reasonable that you give us an answer. And btw if you're not aware the website developers are shantell and me. We already have experience in creating online retailing websites and also websites for real-life businesses so we're confident that we'll manage this.

Thanks for making these two sites. It is looking good to me. I especially like the latter which could easily be the front page for nemcoin.org, nemcoin.info or nemcoin.com. I think that we will have our own forum when the community is big enough, probably when we officially launch the blockchain. I have no interest of running a forum and I assume core developers would prefer not doing it themselves so I think we would naturally migrate to a forum built by a NEM founder/ stakeholder as the time comes. But it is also an important decision because it could be the face of NEM and if the development team can't find a place they can trust to deliver NEM's messages, then we will make our own forum.

It is the same to nemcoin.com, nemcoi.org, nemcoin.info; I have bought all these three but I prefer not to run them or run only one so I will transfer them to a coupe of NEM founders/ stakeholders who are capable of running them and doing them justice. But these decisions would be decided later when the community already have sometimes together and we can make a better informed decisions on whom doing the best for NEM.

NEM community is still very young but I am overwhelmed by the supports from many people so far. The big day we are targeting is the launch of our blockchain, probably a few months in the future. NEM's model is different from other cryptos. All cryptos so far  launches the blockchain first and then develop community and build supporting sites and services and then continue growing. For POW coin, it works well since mining activities help distributing the coins gradually to many people as the coins grows. But the POW coins have some unsolvable problems such as the domination of mining industry, inefficient energy usage which makes the real cost of Bitcoin transaction is actually much higher than many people realizes. Bitcoin's model can still work only because the transaction fee is still funded by yearly coin inflation but it will not be the case in the future.

So I think we need to move to Proof of Stake coin which is a self-sufficient network which has a long-term sustainability. But the conventional launch does not work so well with a pure proof-of-stake coin as all the coin distribution has to be made at the launch. Hybird POW/ POS such as Peercoin could be a solution but they are  not escaping the influence of the existing mining industry so I have a more radical idea of "parallel development".  The core development progresses along side with community and user base building. Supporting sites, forum and brand awareness are also developed simultaneously. The goal is that we will start the blockchain with a huge user base and a relatively equal distribution. The blockchain could then take-off very fast after launch and go to a sustainable trajectory. I am lucky to have the helps of a very talented team of core developers so at this point I am confident that NEM would materialize and successfully create its own space in crypto industry. Jaguar will deliver a detail development plan this weekend and you will see why I can be that confident.

So that's my plan. Join in and contribute to NEM' success if you are a founder/ stakeholder. Naturally there would be some kind of imbalance between the technical development and promotional development at times, but my goal is to have both sides well developed when we launch NEM's blockchain.    

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: