Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:54:00 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:47:44 PM

I know it's a lot of work, but from now on it should be PayPal only. From the people that I've tried to get into this, it's hard for them to understand the whole process of getting Bitcoin's, NXT. Even doing it through PayPal is hard for them. I'm willing to help them but I don't want to give them NXTs because I don't want it to look as if I'm creating multiple accounts. So I think PayPal, would be best to stop multiple accounts, since a person can only have one PayPal linked to their identity.

I tried to help a friend join through PayPal, but it seems that Utopianfuture is not doing that anymore.

I am still doing Paypal. I might have missed his pm though.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TauMuon

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:52:59 PM

If no one minds I will re-post the link to the logo poll every page or so, just so it's not left behind. Smiley

@Utopian, it might be handy to provide a link to it at the top of the thread? Or perhaps on the registration thread? Smiley

Poll for the logo.

Imgur album of the options (and their corresponding numbers) can be found here.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
marek3ball

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:35:32 AM

If no one minds I will re-post the link to the logo poll every page or so, just so it's not left behind. Smiley

@Utopian, it might be handy to provide a link to it at the top of the thread? Or perhaps on the registration thread? Smiley

Poll for the logo.

I'm just finishing my logo, how could I add it to the list for voting?
SZZT

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 12:58:54 AM

Will people who cannot prove in any way that they are the angels they claim to be, be refunded?

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:01:01 AM

Poll for the logo.

I'm just finishing my logo, how could I add it to the list for voting?

They cut off the entries to the contest as there are already 51 and that's plenty to choose from.  Post it here so we can see it anyhow.   Perhaps utopianfuture will decide the late entries deserve to be included in the pool.
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2014, 01:07:16 AM

Should we add these to the logo collection too? http://www.flickr.com/photos/116462858@N08/
I wish the guy who made those logos would fix the alignment and spacing of the lines.

To be honest, though, we probably should hire a designer to site down and give us a proper illustrator file that we can use for printing, etc. Design-by-committee (or community, in this case), will give you Android, not iPhone.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:17:21 AM

Should we add these to the logo collection too? http://www.flickr.com/photos/116462858@N08/
I wish the guy who made those logos would fix the alignment and spacing of the lines.

To be honest, though, we probably should hire a designer to site down and give us a proper illustrator file that we can use for printing, etc. Design-by-committee (or community, in this case), will give you Android, not iPhone.

There are professional designer's samples in the mix. Can you recognize them?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
marek3ball

Activity: 180

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:31:58 AM

Maybe my logo looks simple, however I was tuning final render and testing animation for 12 hours today.

I didn't know that today is dead line. I think it could work as a 2D graphics too. Hope you will like it!

Would it be possible to include me in the pool?

utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:34:07 AM

Maybe my logo looks simple, however I was tuning final render and testing animation for 12 hours today.

I didn't know that today is dead line. Hope you will like it! I think it could work as a 2D graphics too.

No deadline yet. It should be open until close to the launch.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
xax515

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:38:32 AM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 01:49:08 AM by xax515

To dear fellow investors xax515 and DaFockBro:

Are you fucking serious?!?

You are now crying that you have bought through your account more than 20 stakes to your friends and family. How can this be, it was clearly stated in the OP that you can buy 1 stake for yourself and 1 for your loved ones.

I don't believe a single word of that bullshit that your trying to sell here. You have multi-bought only to yourselfs, just admit it.

As I've already exposed one multi-buyer with over 70+ stakes I will go through you hashes and see for my self the true amount that you've bought. IMO all stakes owned by the same person, over the amount of 2, should be refunded. Period.

I Know little English, I can't express myself 100% with google translator.

I am saying that we should ask for ID when we have many people who have bought stakes. I do not have 20 stakes, but I bought one for my mother, and 2 sisters, Total 10 stakes

We all live in 60 square meters, with 3 bikes and a dog. And my dream is to get a house, not a mansion. I have insured cover 80% of my stakes now sending ID.

If I can only have 4 stakes, I agree.

My friends are the last.Utopianfuture decides if I wants me back 5 stakes or not.

I don't want to create war, we have enough here to Spain. I Expect the worst, so when something comes, happy.
qingmu1992

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:43:08 AM

To dear fellow investors xax515 and DaFockBro:

Are you fucking serious?!?

You are now crying that you have bought through your account more than 20 stakes to your friends and family. How can this be, it was clearly stated in the OP that you can buy 1 stake for yourself and 1 for your loved ones.

I don't believe a single word of that bullshit that your trying to sell here. You have multi-bought only to yourselfs, just admit it.

As I've already exposed one multi-buyer with over 70+ stakes I will go through you hashes and see for my self the true amount that you've bought. IMO all stakes owned by the same person, over the amount of 2, should be refunded. Period.

I Know little English, I can't express myself 100% with google translator.

I am saying that we should ask for ID when we have many people who have bought stakes. I do not have 20 stakes, but I bought one for my mother, and 2 sisters, Total 10 stakes

We all live in 60 square meters, with 3 bikes and a dog. And my dream is to get a house, not a mansion. I have insured cover 80% of my cuttings now sending ID.

If I can only have 4 stakes, I agree.
I am saying that we should ask for ID when we have many people who have bought stakes. I do not have 20 stakes, but I bought one for my mother, and 2 sisters.

My friends are the last.Utopianfuture decides if I wants me back 5 stakes or not.

I don't want to create war, we have enough here to Spain. I Expect the worst, so when something comes, happy.

10stakes is too more.

Let's flower the moon. SbSZ8tAfrF8bU2tsUVDYjJt6mpuFUyWePS
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 02:51:08 AM

<rant>

Wow, watching this thread.  Disappointed in so many...
10 stakes?  25?  50???  C'mon guys!  What the F*** are you trying to pull?  Seriously!!!... little less greed, please.

Certainly appreciate trying to get your friends and family wrong, nothing wrong there.  That's what YOUR STAKE is for... distribute it, use it, share it.  Only then will NEM gain value.  Hoarding will get NEM nowhere.

If your friends and family want to be a part of the initial distribution, have them follow the simple registration procedures on their own.  If they are unable to do so, then they will not be a useful stakeholder, IMHO.  Stakeholders will need to pool together to offer bounties for effort, tip people you see doing good, organize social campaigns to get exposure, petition exchanges, etc.

STAKEHOLDERS NEED TO BE INVOLVED.

If your friends and family are so woefully incompetent that they can't register on their own, they will not be a valuable stakeholder.
</rant>

Seriously, stop with the greed.  Be a good stakeholder.  Don't kill NEM before its even born.

(Apologies to utopianfuture for venting here, I know you've got a lot to consider.  My hats off to you, sir.)

Why refund the cheaters? The rules were plain at the beginning. The cheaters tried using everyone else as fools.

FSCK EM. That is what they wanted to do to everyone else.

I disagree.  Extra funds should be returned with explanation as to why.  One stake remains.

@utopianfuture
I think you are trying to do a very noble and good thing with the stake distribution.  Clearly, it has gotten out of hand and people are taking advantage of your generous offering.  At this point, people are becoming wise to mixing and will be more difficult to perform analysis on any new registrants.  Therefore, I suggest closing registration immediately and perform a thorough taint analysis on all registrations received.

Distribution is wide enough, and registration has lasted long enough.  Vet the current list with the best analysis you can and ensure the integrity of the process.

Best regards.

I have to sadly agree. With all this talk going on here the fraudilent investors (don't get caught up in my terminology) now know to watch out and do their shit in a way that they don't get caught. If there isn't an solution to this problem ending the IPO is the only thing that will prevent those multi-buyers from buying more...
Kooream

Activity: 35

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:24:39 AM

<rant>

10 stakes?  25?  50???  C'mon guys!  What the F*** are you trying to pull?  Seriously!!!... little less greed, please.

Certainly appreciate trying to get your friends and family wrong, nothing wrong there.  That's what YOUR STAKE is for... distribute it, use it, share it.  Only then will NEM gain value.  Hoarding will get NEM nowhere.

If your friends and family want to be a part of the initial distribution, have them follow the simple registration procedures on their own.  If they are unable to do so, then they will not be a useful stakeholder, IMHO.  Stakeholders will need to pool together to offer bounties for effort, tip people you see doing good, organize social campaigns to get exposure, petition exchanges, etc.

If your friends and family are so woefully incompetent that they can't register on their own, they will not be a valuable stakeholder.
</rant>

Seriously, stop with the greed.  Be a good stakeholder.  Don't kill NEM before its even born.

(Apologies to utopianfuture for venting here, I know you've got a lot to consider.  My hats off to you, sir.)

Why refund the cheaters? The rules were plain at the beginning. The cheaters tried using everyone else as fools.

I disagree.  Extra funds should be returned with explanation as to why.  One stake remains.

@utopianfuture
I think you are trying to do a very noble and good thing with the stake distribution.  Clearly, it has gotten out of hand and people are taking advantage of your generous offering.  At this point, people are becoming wise to mixing and will be more difficult to perform analysis on any new registrants.  Therefore, I suggest closing registration immediately and perform a thorough taint analysis on all registrations received.

Distribution is wide enough, and registration has lasted long enough.  Vet the current list with the best analysis you can and ensure the integrity of the process.

Best regards.

Says the guy who mixed the coins for all his stakes.

JackNeedles just wants to increase his % share by taking away other people's stakes.

As soon as possible I will publication my list of sockpuppet accounts. I would like to ask you don't worry about those people whose try to mixing their addresses. I have been working to identify them. There are other ways to catch them. I hope you understand why i don't give you more details.

erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:46:09 AM

<rant>

</rant>

@utopianfuture

Best regards.

Says the guy who mixed the coins for all his stakes.

JackNeedles just wants to increase his % share by taking away other people's stakes.

Haven't you already made a complete fool of yourself in this thread whining about the 20 stakes that you've bought? And the part that amazes me is that you see the problem as being that you weren't intelligent enough to "mix" your transactions so you wouldn't get caught. You knew the IPO rules when you started investing. I haven't got anything positive to say about your commenting in this thread so I'll stop here.
SZZT

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:54:46 AM

If no one minds

@TM
anyone else knows about the poll?
shouldn't the poll be hosted somewhere like the nxtcrypto forum?

also, so many contestants with more than one logo running in the contest.
what if one contestant ends up with 3 out of 6 top spots?

also how come none of the posts on the logo, here or at nxtxrypto mention the fact that a poll has started, and the ending time?
i can see a second wave of complaints coming in...

WildCats

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:00:27 AM

Utopian,

Why are there 4 Billion NEM?  Is it just to be like litecoin and be 4x the number of NXT?   More would be better such as 400 Billion.  I know that they can be divided as much as needed but this doesn't address the problem. No one wants to by a candy bar for .000625 BTC so people are already talking of using milli BTC but it's still awkward.  DOGE coin has the struck a better balance with this.  Dealing with small decimals is not only awkward, it's just psychologically more fun to feel like you own a lot of something.  4 Billion is less than 1 NEM per person in the world.  IF we want to make a currency that people can imagine being used all over the world there should be more than 4 Billion.

Thanks
gramufibus

Activity: 54
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:07:52 AM

If no one minds

@TM
anyone else knows about the poll?
shouldn't the poll be hosted somewhere like the nxtcrypto forum?

also, so many contestants with more than one logo running in the contest.
what if one contestant ends up with 3 out of 6 top spots?

also how come none of the posts on the logo, here or at nxtxrypto mention the fact that a poll has started, and the ending time?
i can see a second wave of complaints coming in...

No deadline yet. It should be open until close to the launch.

So the poll is officially NOT official.  It's a good barometer of the most popular entries, so doesn't hurt IMO.
SZZT

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:25:49 AM

So the poll is officially NOT official.  It's a good barometer of the most popular entries, so doesn't hurt IMO.

i'm cool with that, i dont want any more complaints, we have an official complaints thread  Grin
this must be the first coin to launch with a complaints thread, before a pool, hehe

psybits
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:56:53 AM

Mainly replying so I can keep up with all the NEM developments.

Can't wait to see this coin rolled out!
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:33:42 AM

To everyone still discussing stakes:
Plz switch over to the stake complainst thread, plz search for it as I don't have the link right now.

Regarding the logos:
Imho 30, 21, 20, 17 need to be removed since they are not original. They are either completely stolen i.e. just taken as found in google or partially stolen (e.g. from EA).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: