Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:57:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 08:52:17 AM

Hi all Nemster, we have 2800 stakeholders. Some are sockpuppets. Some are selling at the first chance they have. But if you decide to stay for a while longer, then let's work to build an awesome community. Let's make NEM a place everyone wants to join in and build up the value of the brand. I am sure we can do that if we work together: developers, writer, marketer, translators, photographers, lawyers, etc. all are welcomed.

I prepared a survey that could help with the planning of marketing and ecosystem infrastructure for NEM and if you decide to stay and help, please fill it out.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1b_8enfEjlP_NtCXlYhUUvcIEgEyhtwgroK9EdWa2vBc/viewform?usp=send_form

This is different from the Swarm list managed by Erkki12. This will be used for a comprehensive strategy that never be seen in the crypto world. (serious).

Good work @utopianfuture. We should make NEM too good to be ignored. Lets do this.

I have also seen people selling and figure they must be sock puppets or desperate for money. 

Once this wave is over with, hopefully there will not be that many more. 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 08:52:53 AM

Some people have been working on making multisig on an account so when a person sends, they have to have their key, and then use a service (with google authenticator) to release another to key that allows funds to be sent.  This isn't using google authentication in the blockchain, but with multi-sig, it is more or less the same thing.  

You do not understand how crypto currency work. It's a decentralized system where you sign a transaction with a private key. Other people (all decentralized) can verify the signature by confirming that that public key owner signed the transaction.

There is no place for a "google authentication" or any centralized third party to verify anything.

You cannot have "google authentication" with Nxt

It's not a Gmail. It's not an exchange or online bank account where other server/person has control.

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 08:57:00 AM

it's a disappointing experience to see that against all expectations of thread members, the price of nemstakes (AE) is steadily decreasing.
I was one of the first buyers and now I have to suffer from my greed.

Just wait for the alpha release. No doubt that we will see surge in price  Cool

It is to be expected some sock puppets snuck in and are dumping.  But for the rest of us that are serious, we won't dump.  In a short while, I think it will balance off, but it will probably go down a little more. 

In the long run, it won't really have mattered that much what you bought at.  If you buy at 40,000 or 5,000, it is still going to go up so high. 

Sooner or later, if it gets cheap enough, people like myself who already own one, might just buy another. 

Tompa

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:29:04 AM

it's a disappointing experience to see that against all expectations of thread members, the price of nemstakes (AE) is steadily decreasing.

Just wait for the alpha release. No doubt that we will see surge in price  Cool

It is to be expected some sock puppets snuck in and are dumping.  But for the rest of us that are serious, we won't dump.  In a short while, I think it will balance off, but it will probably go down a little more. 

In the long run, it won't really have mattered that much what you bought at.  If you buy at 40,000 or 5,000, it is still going to go up so high. 

Sooner or later, if it gets cheap enough, people like myself who already own one, might just buy another. 
+1
Me too. I'm now also starting to feel tempted to buy one more stake. I'm looking to see how low will it go and then make my decision.

@howi53
You can always buy more when the price hits lower so that you balance your buying price.
What I mean: If I buy a stake at 50000 and then price falls to 10000 and I buy another one it is like I bought 2 for the price of 30000. It feels better than having bought 1 for 50000 :-)

But anyway, I'm glad you are with us. We and NEM needs honest, devoted members and stake holders. Welcome aboard and don't feel sad about anything. It is all very volatile now and I remember when I first heard about the NXT - it was right after they released it and I felt very sad because I didn't see the IPO thread. I was buying at the price WAY WAY higher than initial investors put in, but now, today, I'm extremely HAPPY I bought so much I have bought.

NEM has a great community in the making and as I read and follow posts from the leaders of this project my confidence in them is growing also.  Go NEM! :-D
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 09:31:41 AM

If the price decline more. i will looking to buy another one  Cool

Ths AE thing is a great way to get rid of weak hands before the actual launch  Grin. Im laughing at these idiots selling at this low  Grin

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 09:53:21 AM

Ths AE thing is a great way to get rid of weak hands before the actual launch  Grin. Im laughing at these idiots selling at this low  Grin
Are they really idiots?

What if NXT doubles / triples in price the coming months? That's not unthinkable.
They already made a 10,000% ROI on their stake and then doubled / tripled that through Nxt. Not to shabby if you ask me.  Grin

And, it gives others an opportunity to buy an extra or new stake.

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
zsuhsl

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:03:29 AM

This is speculation, some people to suppress the price is for the convenience of buying. The prices are high or low, but the NEM general trend is upward,to be patience
zsuhsl

Activity: 154

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 10:04:21 AM

The current price I will only consider buying rather than sell Cheesy I am glad that I can get more NEM stake
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:06:40 AM

Are they really idiots?

What if NXT doubles / triples in price the coming months? That's not unthinkable.
They already made a 10,000% ROI on their stake and then doubled / tripled that through Nxt. Not to shabby if you ask me.  Grin

And, it gives others an opportunity to buy an extra or new stake.

The ROI is actually fantastic. Put yourself in the position of people that invested in "just another alt" that have no idea about NEM. They see these prices and jump for joy.
Plus NXT has gained so much value in the last days that is was to be expected that prices for NEM stakes would go down.

Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:10:52 AM

Volume continues to go up.  It appears it's people dumping their stakes.  This was vaguely expected, considering what people reserved their stakes for, but they'll be gone a lot quicker than say a hypothetical whale who controls a large percentage of a coin and is dumping it no matter what damage it may bring.

It could be a whale buying them up. Even worse would be a whale buying it up purely to sabotage the coin.

Just playing devils advocate here, as overall i think the AE is a good idea. But it would be foolish to not consider all possible outcomes.

Even with this said, i think the AE is a success in many ways and bodes well for the future value of this coin.
Simakki

Activity: 697

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:19:21 AM

Volume continues to go up.  It appears it's people dumping their stakes.  This was vaguely expected, considering what people reserved their stakes for, but they'll be gone a lot quicker than say a hypothetical whale who controls a large percentage of a coin and is dumping it no matter what damage it may bring.

It could be a whale buying them up. Even worse would be a whale buying it up purely to sabotage the coin.

Just playing devils advocate here, as overall i think the AE is a good idea. But it would be foolish to not consider all possible outcomes.

Even with this said, i think the AE is a success in many ways and bodes well for the future value of this coin.

At the moment price seems to hold, not so many stakes anymore at sell in 20 000 nxt level, just a couple.  So lets see!

Check out Betsikingi
for betting tips and for https://betsikingi.info/vedonlyontibonukset-vedonlyontisivustot and Unibet TV for sports live streaming!
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:22:07 AM

Obviously that's a possiblity and I think everybody is aware of that. I do however agree that overall the listing was the right choice.

I think we can also take a very important note here. High value assets on a cryptos AE can have considerable influence on the cryptos price. I guess this was obvious to others but I only now noticed now how great it can be if you manage to put some high demand assets on your AE.

So beside getting merchants on board it will also be vital to convince start-ups and projects to sell their assets on the NEM AE instead of others. We'll have to think of features that set our AE apart from all the other ones. AEs are almost a commong thing now so it'll be important to create not "just another AE".

shadowphoenix

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:23:44 AM

anyone saying only sockpuppets/morons sell their stake at this stage...it's all about perspective.
what if I'd tell my mom:

"look mom I got this online money for free from some guy. and now it is worth ~$1,500. you think I should trade it for $? it's after all 3 months of paid rent...or a nice vacation, see the world a bit more. this is enough money to have a relatively small but real and positive impact on my life. I'm wondering because it might double or triple...or it may of course be worth less tomorow who knows"

she'd probably say:

"you be crazy if you hold you greedy sob"

and she would be right.
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:24:35 AM

I am surprised that the (large) majority of volunteer forms are filled by people who does not frequently appear in this thread. We wouldn't know them if there is no survey. I think there is a lot of hidden potential in the community. I would like to put the update result here everyday so the community can see what sort of people we are. Here is a copy with no personal information revealed.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlidWok7hW0DdEFmTElmcHEzRGRya1JEVXpIbU5sTEE#gid=0

The survey will be run continuously until the official launch and I will update the copy frequently.

Repost
--------------------------------------------

Hi all Nemster, we have 2800 stakeholders. Some are sockpuppets. Some are selling at the first chance they have. But if you decide to stay for a while longer, then let's work to build an awesome community. Let's make NEM a place everyone wants to join in and build up the value of the brand. I am sure we can do that if we work together: developers, writer, marketer, translators, photographers, lawyers, etc. all are welcomed.

I prepared a survey that could help with the planning of marketing and ecosystem infrastructure for NEM and if you decide to stay and help, please fill it out.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1b_8enfEjlP_NtCXlYhUUvcIEgEyhtwgroK9EdWa2vBc/viewform?usp=send_form

This is different from the Swarm list managed by Erkki12. This will be used for a comprehensive strategy that never be seen in the crypto world. (serious)

--------------------------------------------
The survey is the common resource for the NEM community not just for the core team. So fill it out if you want to be a part of NEM.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
howi53

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:25:56 AM

I am crypto -nonexpert and a poor pensioner and was just looking for someone who gives me comfort. Thanks to the community for your compassion.

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:29:38 AM

I am crypto -nonexpert and a poor pensioner and was just looking for someone who gives me comfort. Thanks to the community for your compassion.

I would say: take a longer perspective. NEM would not fail your trust. Be active to protect your investment as well Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2014, 11:41:25 AM

Some people have been working on making multisig on an account so when a person sends, they have to have their key, and then use a service (with google authenticator) to release another to key that allows funds to be sent.  This isn't using google authentication in the blockchain, but with multi-sig, it is more or less the same thing.  

You do not understand how crypto currency work. It's a decentralized system where you sign a transaction with a private key. Other people (all decentralized) can verify the signature by confirming that that public key owner signed the transaction.

There is no place for a "google authentication" or any centralized third party to verify anything.

You cannot have "google authentication" with Nxt

It's not a Gmail. It's not an exchange or online bank account where other server/person has control.

hahaha.  I don't actually understand much of how crypto currency words.  I have heard many people explain multi-sig though.  As far as I understand it, it goes like this.  There is not just one private key per account.  There can be 2 or 3 or however many a person wants to set up.  For a person to move money out of the account both private keys must be used.  A person then holds one private key on their home computer.  A service on the internet holds a second private key.  When a person wants to send money, the service with the second key is contacted, they will then only release the key once an account holder has done something like 2FA through google authenticator.  That service then confirms, that yes this is indeed the person the owner of the account and releases the 2nd key and funds are transferred.  This then means if somebody wants to get your bitcoins, they would have to compromise your computer, and your 2FA device.  In my case an old phone that doesn't have a plan and is hardly ever used.  That is two hardware devices, one of which is rarely even turned on.  

Here is Vitalik explaining it better than me. http://bitcoinmagazine.com/11108/multisig-future-bitcoin/

howi53

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:51:17 AM

I would say: take a longer perspective. NEM would not fail your trust. Be active to protect your investment as well Smiley

Hmmhh
Pensioner and "take a longer perspective" Huh?
I already make moor baths to get used lying in moist soil.

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 11:54:02 AM

Hmmhh

"take a longer perspective" like in 6 months ? and not two days. I am tempted to insert a joke here but you may be offended  Grin

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
pkuqsq

Activity: 183

View Profile
June 02, 2014, 12:28:40 PM

Hmmhh

"take a longer perspective" like in 6 months ? and not two days. I am tempted to insert a joke here but you may be offended  Grin
@utopianfuture , I think the shortest and wait until the launch of NEM. right?

The future has come
Pages: « 1 ... 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 [433] 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: