Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 02:46:30 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:18:43 PM

Top 2 Bid order now in AE:
Account                                  Quantity    Price    Total
NXT-5RB8-KJD3-BT3B-E2QWW   0.2         26'000   5'200
NXT-P5JJ-YSAL-G6N7-7WL2N   0.1         25'000   2'500

So cheap! Forget it...

i think nobody sell for that price.
But still 26000NXT for whole stake is 4M$ marketcap for NEM.
When aplha go out...10M$, for beta 30M$ and in july i hope 100 M$
I want from dgex.com Withdrawal some nxt to buy more NEM stake, But always PENDING , and no reply for my email
Anyone know what happened to DGEX?

2014-05-05 15:18:06         NXT Withdrawal PENDING to  ??    -12980.00000000

DGEX processes NXT withdrawals only once per day.  If your IP address has changed it could take longer.
Past 20 days, how long it will take? Disappointing

Start a ticket, they have some of the best customer response times I have seen.

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
sumantso
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:21:59 PM

When is th etentative release dat?

I still get my stake through my BTCtalk account, right?

hunanay

Activity: 174
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:38:28 PM

NEM was listed yesterday as an asset on NXT's AE: https://nxtforum.org/assets-board/(ann)-nemtoken/

we should go to the NXT community to talk about NEM! let more potential investors join us!
Just like in the LTC community to talk about BTC.  Grin
crimi

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:44:06 PM

I will add peerexplorer.com support for Nem when its released if the api is userfriendly like Nxt.
michael8888

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 12:55:11 PM

Chinese translation is done.

译者声明:本作品的翻译版本仅供个人学习欣赏之用,不得用于任何商业目的,不得以任何方式修改本作品,基于此产生的法律责任本人不承担连带责任。(请以英文原贴为准,并回复它:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.8380

NEM开发征求意见稿(草案)

1,请参见NEM过往及将来发布的所有的管理信息.
2,至现在的利益相关者们:核心开发团队的开发方案的目标是创新设计最好NEM区块链,以及在核心开发团队角度来看所应具有的功能及易用性.这导致一些利益相关者不赞同,无法沟通,不能相互理解.在这种情况下,请您退款,这样我们可以好聚好散.如果利益相关者没有投入资金,那么,开发团队可以拒绝返还资金.
3.至投资者:如果你想从当前的利益相关者或是NEM的公开拍卖中,购买新的份额.请仔细地的看这个意见稿,请您充份评估认识到这个投资的高风险性,及你承担投资风险的能力.
4,有关NEM的相关信息,请自行收集.开发团队没有义务提供额外的信息,诸如:程序发布的确切时间,或是团队成员的个人信息等等.

点赞。Thanks to the core development team

Not at all. I enjoyed it.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:09:05 PM

Cross post to the asset exchange thread and I am truly sorry.

---------------------------------------

Dear NEM stakeholder community,

I apologize for making some of you disappointed but I decide to hold off the asset exchange listing for at least a couple of days until more information about NEM and its governance structure could be provided.

The reason for that is because I realized involving new investors is a qualitative change in NEM organizational structure and that needs to be handed with more transparency and disclosure. So far NEM has been conceptualized as a voluntary association in which stakeholders are participants and contributors to the formation of a new decentralized movement. In that conceptualization, I am comfortable in handling participant complaints with a simple refund suggestion. In that conceptualization, no one loses when he doesn't like what the development team is doing and can voluntarily withdraw. We as a team could also have the right to refuse certain participants who are deem not beneficial (sockpuppets for example). This phase has been dubbed "a call for participation" (it is not an IPO sorry) for these rationales.

This phase was over when the final stakeholder was published. No more stakeholders will be added. Now we are going to transition to a new phase in which investors can come in via  sales from the current stakeholders and public auction. I think they deserve to know more what future governance of the system will look like. So before investors are welcomed in, I would like to publish at least a preliminary draft of the Development Contract to the agreement of all current stakeholders. So the time during the asset exchange listing postponement will be used for that process. The process will include: the development team publishing a preliminary draft of the Development Contract; current stakeholders commenting and criticizing the Development Contract; majority of current stakeholders agreeing on the Development Contract and the rest requesting a refund and leave.

While I believe at this point the shares of the current stakeholders are theirs to control and technically asset listing is for the current stakeholder selling a part of his shares. However, we as a team cannot afford officiating the sale without performing our obligation in a full disclosure of what we plan to do with the development shares and development reserves. Hence, the postponement of the listing. I have been preparing materials for the Development Contract for a while and will be able to publish a preliminary draft very soon.

UtopianFuture     

Dear UP and community,

I think this is the right decision!

Offering tokens on NXT AE is a good idea, however it enables investors with big money to accumulate a large number of tokens/NEMcoins. We have seen a lot of times, distribution is the key factor to a successful launch of a coin. I dont have to tell what "happened" with NXT and Qora and others... and these coins still "suffer" from the distribution topic. Listing on the AE will disturb the equality of the distribution of NEMcoins. People soak up all the stakes because they have BIG money and couple of weeks later they sell for 10x-100x the price? Average Joe has no possibility to enter the market. No thanks.

So I think it is essential to public concrete development plans, features of the coin, marketing intentions FIRST and BEFORE putting anything of NEM on the market to trade. So every stakeholder has the chance to judge if he holds onto his stake based on FACTS and not on rumors. I pledge to only offer AE tokens after presenting the full potential of this coin, maybe alpha release.

I personally dont like to see AGAIN 10% holding 90% of all the funds. With DEVs presenting the potential and features of NEM a fair and reasonable price and marketcap should emphasize before going to any kind of market. If investors soak up all NEM, they should pay the "real" price and not make any kind of big bargain.

I tend to agree. It seems NEM launching on NXT AE could be a bit of a hasty move.
hunanay

Activity: 174

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:09:39 PM

So cheap! Forget it...

I want from dgex.com Withdrawal some nxt to buy more NEM stake, But always PENDING , and no reply for my email
Anyone know what happened to DGEX?

2014-05-05 15:18:06         NXT Withdrawal PENDING to  ??    -12980.00000000

DGEX processes NXT withdrawals only once per day.  If your IP address has changed it could take longer.
Past 20 days, how long it will take? Disappointing

Start a ticket, they have some of the best customer response times I have seen.
Try more times,nothing. Angry
xtester

Activity: 840

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:16:06 PM

So cheap! Forget it...

sounds right to be honest! 4m now even is astounding! id even say 12-15 after alpha!

@devs.. how is the testing going?

i wonder is it possible.. for the nem community to set up an angle investment company.. so a few tusted guys run it.. but everyone helping find start ups to invest in with a preference for companies that would be likely to incorporate nem, but not limited to that..

the way i would see it working is,

everyone who wants to participate buys shares to build up working capital, but leave a percentage of share on the side lines.. (il come back to this)

when an interesting investment opportunity shows up.. the prospectus is sent to all share holders and a vote is held on whether to invest.. (say 80% must vote yes for it to go through!)

to reward the finder of the investment, they receive a finders fee in the form of bonus shares (the ones from the side lines, the amount of shares given as a bonus would be suggested and then voted on, bonuses would vary based on the merits of the find.)

once the shares on the side lines run out. dividends from previous company purchases (a certain percentage) will be donated to the finders fee fund. by this stage you will receive less shares but they will be worth more so it equals itself out.. this will be stated in the prospectus of the "nem investment co. prospectus so anyone purchasing shares will know that a small amount of dividends payed will be used for this purpose.

once an investment matures, a vote will be held for all share holders of "nem investment co." on when to sell, and what percentage to sell.

the current total amount invested, shares held by "nem investment co.", the value of these shares, and the amount paid in dividends should be 100% transparent for all share holders, by sending weekly/bi-weekly/monthly updates from the issuer account of the shares.

a highly trusted member would be required to issue the initial shares, hold the ones on the sidelines, distribute dividends to share holders, and make the actual investments. perhaps if multisigniture accounts are created for nem this could be used by 3 trusted members.

a forum/thread could be easily created in order to discus/share info on future/past/present investments.

the whole idea is a decentralised angle investment firm thats run by the nem community as a whole and not one single party, with the aim of bringing new companies into the nem eco system, and helping progress those that are already in the nem eco system.

this is bare bones idea so its very much open for discussion..

thoughts?

A very good idea and initiative. I think I would certainly join and even offer to help such a project.

However, you also need to keep in mind that the odds are generally very much against making profits by picking up the winners in the startup world.

The great majority of people who play this game end up as losers, and although there are some really smart people trying to figure this out, most of them end up being only smart losers because it is extremely hard to pick the winners.
hamiltino

Activity: 644

P2P The Planet!

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:16:48 PM

So cheap! Forget it...

sounds right to be honest! 4m now even is astounding! id even say 12-15 after alpha!

@devs.. how is the testing going?

i wonder is it possible.. for the nem community to set up an angle investment company.. so a few tusted guys run it.. but everyone helping find start ups to invest in with a preference for companies that would be likely to incorporate nem, but not limited to that..

the way i would see it working is,

everyone who wants to participate buys shares to build up working capital, but leave a percentage of share on the side lines.. (il come back to this)

when an interesting investment opportunity shows up.. the prospectus is sent to all share holders and a vote is held on whether to invest.. (say 80% must vote yes for it to go through!)

to reward the finder of the investment, they receive a finders fee in the form of bonus shares (the ones from the side lines, the amount of shares given as a bonus would be suggested and then voted on, bonuses would vary based on the merits of the find.)

once the shares on the side lines run out. dividends from previous company purchases (a certain percentage) will be donated to the finders fee fund. by this stage you will receive less shares but they will be worth more so it equals itself out.. this will be stated in the prospectus of the "nem investment co. prospectus so anyone purchasing shares will know that a small amount of dividends payed will be used for this purpose.

once an investment matures, a vote will be held for all share holders of "nem investment co." on when to sell, and what percentage to sell.

the current total amount invested, shares held by "nem investment co.", the value of these shares, and the amount paid in dividends should be 100% transparent for all share holders, by sending weekly/bi-weekly/monthly updates from the issuer account of the shares.

a highly trusted member would be required to issue the initial shares, hold the ones on the sidelines, distribute dividends to share holders, and make the actual investments. perhaps if multisigniture accounts are created for nem this could be used by 3 trusted members.

a forum/thread could be easily created in order to discus/share info on future/past/present investments.

the whole idea is a decentralised angle investment firm thats run by the nem community as a whole and not one single party, with the aim of bringing new companies into the nem eco system, and helping progress those that are already in the nem eco system.

this is bare bones idea so its very much open for discussion..

thoughts?

People can just use the asset exchange, each individual will have more control over his/her investments and no community money management is needed. It is better to have a Nem investment community who discuss and advise each other on new investment opportunities.

stacking coin
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:17:23 PM

I will add peerexplorer.com support for Nem when its released if the api is userfriendly like Nxt.

Sorry about the bad talk earlier. That is what NEM is looking for Smiley

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gsxrl3oi

Activity: 315
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:24:30 PM

yeah. I can't wait guys. this is awsome. lets start making even more noise now guys. so when NEM hits the GREEN CARPET it would be a familiar name to all. Smiley
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 01:32:50 PM

I would like to set a bounty for making an investor's handout based on the information in NEM summary

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A9p6QZcUoDvezVMUsp2kYaF8g_jTNPFPL5e3Tli-jaI/edit#gid=0

The handout should be professionally done 3-4 pages long. Is 0.5 BTC good enough ? Who want to do it ? it should be done within 1 week. I am available for a chat if more information is needed.

Where should I post this to get more attention ?

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:09:30 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 03:02:06 PM by Thingamajig

I do noticed a slight upswing in dissent compared to prior months.  Which seems to be irrational as there are currently more updates and content data releases in the past 30 days than in the past months altogether.  I do agree with the statement that, if you bringing negativity, then you are not forced to be here and should surrender your stake so someone else may become a positive participant.

That's not me being a shill but if you're being a 'tard, then you should be a 'tard on someone else's thread (not here) - others who had missed out on being participants would like to come in.

I theorize the dissent may be a reaction the recent (slight) upswing in BTC value.  Months ago Bitcoin was rather stagnating, but now Bitcoin looks like it might be poised to rebound or even leap past its' old capitalization record, and some stakeholders are afraid NEM may miss out on that.  

There is a degree of impatience and emotional exaggeration, I accept, when considering these stakes were reserved for variable amounts less than .10 BTC - I cannot rationalize how one can truly be 'upset' when effectively they were able to reserve a stake, for the equivalent of lunch money, which will in an immediate timeframe after launch will likely worth several thousand and long term, perhaps, even millions.

QFT - NEM is going to have it's fair share of dumpers, no doubt. However, given it's already rather large distribution, dumps will not be (easily) coordinated, and prices will be much harder to manipulate - at least at first.

Depending on who buys up NEM in any large quantity will likely determine it's future manipulation later down the road.

I like NEM, alot, primarily due to it's dedicated and transparent devs, and also it's IPO. I think it'll have a good future ahead of it. My only gripe is that ideally, stakes should've been distributed in increments over a set period of time, to discourage dumps/manipulation further.

Thanks. I agree with a lot of what you said. My view of the market has always been on the "utopian" side so I am somewhat oblivious to manipulation but regarding NEM I have to be careful. Nevertheless, not giving the full stack to the stakeholders seems like too much on the "centralized" side. Regarding asset exchange listing, do you think NEM will be easily manipulated if we do that ?

In the end i do think some manipulation is inevitable, and once the coins/assets are in the hands of the public, it's beyond your control. Even so, markets always try to seek an equilibrium despite whales best efforts - that's the beauty of it all. It's whats happening with FIAT, the battle between the market seeking a middle ground and bankers printing and trying to influence said market in their favor -- everyone suffers as a result of their greed.

One of the biggest benefits to the asset exchange is the exposure it'll bring to both NEM and NXT once it's all done. Exposure for NEM is paramount in the earlier stages (in my view) and this is one good way to accomplish it. Downside is, again, manipulation. I think it'll happen, to what extent (or even if it'll be damaging) will remain to be seen.

Regardless though, in your shoes, i think the asset exchange is a good idea, purely from a "It's a first" standpoint. Breaking the mold and trying new things is massively important, even if the risks are great; the payout is potentially far greater.

Resilience is a far more important factor than a good launch or precautions against dumpers/whales, a resilient coin is often a successful one, but anywhoo, i digress.

Once everything is said and done, you can only do your best to minimize manipulation of the markets, something I do genuinely feel is really important as -- in my view -- it goes against the principles cryptocurrency stands for, which is manipulation from centralized whales, whether they be government, banks, or large stakeholders.

The post i replied to before outlined how these whales operate in (crypto) market manipulation and social engineering. I don't know if you read it but it's definitely worth a read (Especially the PDF file):   https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6937618#msg6937618
gwinevere

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:24:22 PM

I would like to set a bounty for making an investor's handout based on the information in NEM summary

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1A9p6QZcUoDvezVMUsp2kYaF8g_jTNPFPL5e3Tli-jaI/edit#gid=0

The handout should be professionally done 3-4 pages long. Is 0.5 BTC good enough ? Who want to do it ? it should be done within 1 week. I am available for a chat if more information is needed.

Will the whitepaper be referenced in the investor's handout? I didn't see it mentioned on the NEM timeline tab.
crimi

Activity: 147

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:41:15 PM
Last edit: May 26, 2014, 02:56:00 PM by crimi

Sorry about the bad talk earlier. That is what NEM is looking for Smiley

Me too probably i wasnt that uptodate. Roll Eyes Like the progress so far.

@utopianfuture this is what i wanted to see, that infographic shows really some transparancy and everyone can be happy  Grin
utopianfuture (OP)

Internet of Value

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:47:03 PM

Will the whitepaper be referenced in the investor's handout? I didn't see it mentioned on the NEM timeline tab.

Good point. Everyone is too busy coding to sit down and write a white paper. A white paper should go out at some point I guess to cover new innovation poi etc.
to me what we are doing more like software development than an academic pursuit so understandably the core dev. focus on developing first.

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
gwinevere

Activity: 364

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2014, 02:50:22 PM

Good point. Everyone is too busy coding to sit down and write a white paper. A white paper should go out at some point I guess to cover new innovation poi etc.
to me what we are doing more like software development than an academic pursuit so understandably the core dev. focus on developing first.

Thanks, just curious about the technical details of PoI.
indy999

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:51:36 PM

Can you tell me how proof of importance will work?
jluhxd

Activity: 142

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:55:17 PM

Did an infographic:

https://infogr.am/nem-essentials-for-the-investor?src=web
good job!nice and easy to understand Cheesy
onebutton

Activity: 48

View Profile
May 26, 2014, 02:56:34 PM

Chinese translation is done.

译者声明:本作品的翻译版本仅供个人学习欣赏之用,不得用于任何商业目的,不得以任何方式修改本作品,基于此产生的法律责任本人不承担连带责任。(请以英文原贴为准,并回复它:https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.8380

NEM开发征求意见稿(草案)

1,请参见NEM过往及将来发布的所有的管理信息.
2,至现在的利益相关者们:核心开发团队的开发方案的目标是创新设计最好NEM区块链,以及在核心开发团队角度来看所应具有的功能及易用性.这导致一些利益相关者不赞同,无法沟通,不能相互理解.在这种情况下,请您退款,这样我们可以好聚好散.如果利益相关者没有投入资金,那么,开发团队可以拒绝返还资金.
3.至投资者:如果你想从当前的利益相关者或是NEM的公开拍卖中,购买新的份额.请仔细地的看这个意见稿,请您充份评估认识到这个投资的高风险性,及你承担投资风险的能力.
4,有关NEM的相关信息,请自行收集.开发团队没有义务提供额外的信息,诸如:程序发布的确切时间,或是团队成员的个人信息等等.

点赞。Thanks to the core development team

謝謝你們!!

Thank you for your lovely Chinese
 Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 [401] 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 ... 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: