Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 06:00:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
TwinWinNerD
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1001

CEO Bitpanda.com

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 04:57:14 AM

Yes selling now is only good if you are a skilled daytrader and can exploit the obvious declining price until its at 15000. NXT doesn't have fees, so it could be possible.

NXT does have fees. 1 NXT to place an order, 1 to cancel it.

The trading doesn't have fees, only the placement of the orders have. So I would say it has no fees. Also if you buy a 1,000,000 NXT order you still only pay 1 NXT Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Eadeqa

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 05:33:13 AM
Last edit: June 03, 2014, 07:36:28 AM by Eadeqa

The "randomness" is one characteristic, the other is the length. My passwords' randomness is enough due to certain things, which is used in the pw generation - which is not revealed here either Smiley  And length I certainly have enough.

Bottom line:  Look at top of this page (bitcointalk.org). The connection is encrypted. How does that encryption work? The encryption key is exchanged between your computer and BTT server using cryptography that relies on random number generator. Otherwise your BTT  password would go through internet (bouncing around dozens of servers) in plain text and could be easily stolen, along with your nem stake.

you already rely on CSPRNG to do everything online that is supposed to be secure. Nothing online is secure without CSPRNG.

Not a single thing.

Cryptocurrencies, decentralization, lower trust level ...
pw manager, centralization, higher trust level.   Smiley    
(ok, ofc some centralization and trust is needed somewhere sometimes, but ...)

You already trust a lot of things -- for example your operating system. How do you know it's not sending your info to NSA?'

There is no such thing as zero trust.

With Lastpass encryption is done locally on your computer. They only get encrypted blob. Key is derived from thousands of hashes (PBKDF2) so even in very unlikely scenario their server is hacked brute force attack would still be very hard, as their server doesn't have encryption key.

It's a question of convenience and security and it's much easier to stay secure if a user is using password manager (online backup,  long random unique passwords for all sites, two factor authentication, auto fils and several other anti-key logger measures) .

Nomi, Shan, Adnan, Noshi, Nxt, Adn Khn
NXT-GZYP-FMRT-FQ9K-3YQGS
https://github.com/Lafihh/encryptiontest
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:25:35 AM

I think dividing it by the country's computer-using population is not helpful because this is already the number of client downloads and we probably only care about that magnitude (unless you want to know per-capita bitcoin users for trivia).

Which of those two groups would be more important for the community:
  • 1M of 20M nation (5%)
  • 2M of 400M nation (0.5%)

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 06:34:08 AM

I will jump for joy on the day that we can move to an official NEM forum.

Seeing what kind of idiots the Quora communtiy seems to house I'm almost delighted by the NEM community. When I say NEM community I mean the people that are actively trying to engage not the ******** that only ask when the launch will be or when they can get their stakes.

If it was up to me I'd kick everyone of the list that asks a question which is either answered on the first page or on the last 2 pages before their post.

I always thought we'd need a presence at btt even after launch but seeing that btt consists of 80 % retards and 5 % trolls I don't think so anymore. The remaining 15 % will hear of NEM one way or another.

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:55:16 AM

I think dividing it by the country's computer-using population is not helpful because this is already the number of client downloads and we probably only care about that magnitude (unless you want to know per-capita bitcoin users for trivia).

• 1M of 20M nation (5%)

I would say the 2M Cheesy

I understand your point, though. Having 100 million users in Japan would be a very dynamic than 100 million users in India.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 03, 2014, 06:56:41 AM

Seeing what kind of idiots the Quora communtiy seems to house I'm almost delighted by the NEM community. When I say NEM community I mean the people that are actively trying to engage not the ******** that only ask when the launch will be or when they can get their stakes.

If it was up to me I'd kick everyone of the list that asks a question which is either answered on the first page or on the last 2 pages before their post.

I always thought we'd need a presence at btt even after launch but seeing that btt consists of 80 % retards and 5 % trolls I don't think so anymore. The remaining 15 % will hear of NEM one way or another.

We can see why Satoshi left...

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
rebusno

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 08:11:58 AM

• 1M of 20M nation (5%)

I would say the 2M Cheesy

I understand your point, though. Having 100 million users in Japan would be a very dynamic than 100 million users in India.
Oh yes!
Japan - a great high-tech country - Power
1 000 000 Japanese (with all due respect)
is not equal to 1 000 000 Hindus
play4ce

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:24:26 AM

We can see why Satoshi left...

...to start NEM Wink
mikesbmw

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:46:02 AM

As a note, for the ecosystem sites (like the blockchain explorer), we are planning to support multiple languages at the beginning, like English, French, German, Spanish, Chinese, and Japanese.

We need someone good at French and Spanish right now.

If anyone wants more languages, then please volunteer to help translate. I'd really love to get Russian, Czech, Ukrainian, Vietnamese, Thai, Bhutanese, and Nepalese there as well.
I could translate to Dutch.

Post something here: https://trello.com/c/xFYUmQvT/56-language-experts
I would love to do that, but have no idea how... I'm new to trello
I created an account, but can't edited / write anything in the link you proided.

NXT: Next Generation of Cryptocurrency http://nxtcrypto.org
NEM:New Economy Movement http://www.ournem.com/
nemcoins

Activity: 22

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 09:46:13 AM

2014's most innovative coins, the most promising coin.
McDoxy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:05:56 AM

Quick question, sry if this has been asked before...

But am I allowed to buy an additional stake on the Nxt Asset Exchange if i'm already a stakeholder?
mikesbmw

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:06:27 AM

But am I allowed to buy an additional stake on the Nxt Asset Exchange if i'm already a stakeholder?
Yes

McDoxy

Activity: 96
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:07:16 AM

Yes

Awesome, thx!
voldemort628

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:11:10 AM

yes you can buy up to 2 stakes on AE. anything over 2 stakes wont be redeemed.

how do you prevent a person spreading his stakes among his own accounts ?

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▐ CRYPTI▐
a Node.JS coin built from scratch. With Proof of Time, Purchase and Identity. Custom blockchains and much more!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
onschedule

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:13:46 AM

hi,man the only way to get NEM is buy from AE?
any other way to get it?
i do not wanna install NXT.soryy,
voldemort628

Activity: 155
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:16:13 AM

you cant really lol its just 2 stakes per account really.. just to make things awkward for those who want to acquire loads of them!

yea i dont see the point of having that "rule"
=.='

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
▐ CRYPTI▐
a Node.JS coin built from scratch. With Proof of Time, Purchase and Identity. Custom blockchains and much more!
▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
mikesbmw

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:16:27 AM

any other way to get it?
Not at the moment...
You will have to wait till the launch. (or buy someones BTT account including stake)

mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:18:26 AM

any other way to get it?

wait for auction or maybe NEM will be on some other assets...

IOTA
utopianfuture (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 268

Internet of Value

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 10:52:53 AM

you cant really lol its just 2 stakes per account really.. just to make things awkward for those who want to acquire loads of them!

yea i dont see the point of having that "rule"
=.='

It makes initial NEM distribution look better and require some more works for people with large stake. Some economic disincentive I think. 

░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
█████████████████████████
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
  TomoChain  •    •  TomoChain 
░░░░░░▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
░░░░▄████████████████▄
░░▄███████████████████▄
███████████████████████
▐████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████████▌
████████████████████████
░░▀████████████████████▀
░░░░▀████████████████▀
░░░░░░▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
SZZT

Activity: 273

View Profile
June 03, 2014, 11:24:00 AM

this coin waste too long time
many brain cells your head doesnt have

look man, if this is how you are going to be treating potential investors, well you are obviously not the person cut out for any public liason type position.

So you're saying the _beta_ _might_ come out in _August???_ the guy has a definite point in that case! And you're just belittling him because perhaps English isn't his first language?

anyone who pays any attention to whats happening knows that time isnt being wasted. if he simply asked why is it taking to long or just asked when the release is, thats fine(how ever annoying it is to hear it 10 times a day)

making a simple comment saying that the devs are wasting time, doesnt help progress anything, it doesnt require an answer, it doesnt do anything except annoy the devs who are under enough pressure as it is. and as UP stated, im not paid by the team, i never "joined the team". i do what i do because i just do! not because anyone asked me and i ever said "im going to be the liaison". i just seemed to have been dubbed that! lol i apologize if i offended anyone. its just really friggin annoying to see people posting totally unhelpful and pointless comments.

neither does hoping around like a rabbit on mdma kod. Baptising questions that are not welcome as troll attempts shows more than you can imagine.
Reposting your own quotes says even more.

The first user was right, and according to the "post pre-launch-preliminary-dev-plan-rulez" alpha will come when ready, dev team is not obliged to say anything, tokens are listed, go buy" scheme, the alpha could come in 2016 and still be on time.

So i guess, you either start accepting the fact that people will criticize, or just stop hoping like a bunnie all over the place.

1HceYnNAUv5zBjJUhEncmmvxU1C7yjWoX8
Pages: « 1 ... 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 [439] 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: