Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 03:26:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
feina24h

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:03:29 PM

I find it remarkable that NEM, compared to other coins, has essentially been free of FUD so far.

I havnt read so much FUD, most negatives are about distribution makes no difference compared to NXT, and about what benefits will there be that we dont already have.

Because there is no FUD on the MOON!
Well done to the Dev's catch you up there !

there is some FUD if you check NXT forum but still NEM is way too strong, Better future than even NXT.

Fair Launch, No Premine and Active Devs = Logicoin
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 04:06:26 PM

NO point checking coin bashing is so OUT these days  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
kauppalahti

Activity: 235
Merit: 110

HAVUJA PERKELE!

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 07:26:23 PM

DGEX is going fiat, how about nem exchange platform in the future?
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2014, 10:10:59 PM

Now that NEM is really gaining traction, I'd like to revisit the idea of creating a game for NEM.
The possibilities are endless. To start, if we could have some simple game with a leaderboard, and reward the top 3 on the leaderboard with NEM weekly, that would be awesome. We could even just add that onto a simple games that a nember already created (white drop and slap rat, check them out on apple App Store).
Ideally the game would be more interactive with NEM, for example:
An RPG where when you reach lvl 50, beat final boss, etc, you are rewarded with achievements, and that could be converted to some NEM.

I don't even think the game has to revolve around NEM, a quality game that can stand on its own in the App Store, is much better than a game that revolves around NEM, but has no downloads.

What do you guys think?

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
miguodong

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:04:28 PM

The Open Alpha is scheduled on 6/25. Let's the countdown begin. We will be inviting selective users into the closed Alpha testing starting in a couple of days. The priority goes to helpers/ volunteers who are in the Trello board or answer the volunteer survey earlier so there is no need to sign up now. Thanks.

On behalf of the NEM dev. team.

Grin

Good news!
Can't wait  Grin Cheesy 
I want to be  a  user  into the closed Alpha testing

You may refer to the below link to request more test jobs.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg7083233#msg7083233
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
June 09, 2014, 11:10:25 PM

on the stakeholder list i see some names have tx id and some have other numbers beside them?

I first thought these were the tx of the btc and nxt fees for getting on the shareholder list

However i now notice some of the early numbers have tx id and not the later numbers?  this is strange because the first few pages were free so should not have a tx id next to them, and the later ones should have a tx next to them but don't?

You're right about the TX ID differences. If people sent BTC for a stake, the TX IDs are strings of letters and numbers. If people sent NXT for a stake, the TX IDs were strings of numbers only, which are shorted automatically by Google Docs to standard form.

People could obtain stakes by making logos/videos and writing articles without paying a fee, so these people naturally wouldn't have a transaction ID associated with their name because they didn't send anything.

thanks for explanation Smiley

thuhyl

Activity: 157

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 01:46:20 AM

500pages soon  Cheesy
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 02:45:31 AM

Now that NEM is really gaining traction, I'd like to revisit the idea of creating a game for NEM.
The possibilities are endless. To start, if we could have some simple game with a leaderboard, and reward the top 3 on the leaderboard with NEM weekly, that would be awesome. We could even just add that onto a simple games that a nember already created (white drop and slap rat, check them out on apple App Store).
An RPG where when you reach lvl 50, beat final boss, etc, you are rewarded with achievements, and that could be converted to some NEM.

I don't even think the game has to revolve around NEM, a quality game that can stand on its own in the App Store, is much better than a game that revolves around NEM, but has no downloads.

What do you guys think?

Great idea. I have one thing to say. We need great Nemsters like crackerhead and we need more of him. We don't need dumpers, socks but good, committed developers and marketer. Together succeed we could.  Grin Wink Grin Smiley

A game has to be sustainable, meaning, giving away NEMS means there must be a way to generate NEMS to give away. One way is to build a game while also mining as a POI. But there has to be some reward scheme to give a higher amount of NEM somehow so that it gives these gamers incentive to play as much.

These NEMS acquired can be used to fuel their games. Otherwise, they may have to run out to buy NEMS and that is not advisable as anyone else could offer the same.

Alternatively, the entire community of one type of game is a POI and to give them a good reward scheme which can be won in the game.

Something like that.
crackerhead

Activity: 252
Merit: 251

My Head is a Ritz

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 03:21:49 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 03:41:14 AM by crackerhead

What do you guys think?

Great idea. I have one thing to say. We need great Nemsters like crackerhead and we need more of him. We don't need dumpers, socks but good, committed developers and marketer. Together succeed we could.  Grin Wink Grin Smiley

A game has to be sustainable, meaning, giving away NEMS means there must be a way to generate NEMS to give away. One way is to build a game while also mining as a POI. But there has to be some reward scheme to give a higher amount of NEM somehow so that it gives these gamers incentive to play as much.

These NEMS acquired can be used to fuel their games. Otherwise, they may have to run out to buy NEMS and that is not advisable as anyone else could offer the same.

Alternatively, the entire community of one type of game is a POI and to give them a good reward scheme which can be won in the game.

Something like that.

I agree that would be the best way to do it. I was just trying to take this one step at a time. (I know a few members were working on game projects, but it is my undertsanding that they have been dropped).
Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to create a fully integrated game like that, be my guest. I will play the hell out of it, and donate NEM to the dev as well. The problem is, do we have anyone willing to take on a huge endeavor like that at this time?

For some inspiration everyone,
Check out: 100 Balls https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/100-balls/id848218959?mt=8
and: The Line https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-line/id880338977?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Simple games that are both in the top 20 at the apple app store. If someone created something half as decent as that, we would be good to go. Imagine how high it would get ranked with our SWARM team on it.   Grin
And thank you ghosthouse, I'm blushing  Cheesy

Edit: as far as sustainability, (again just trying to think of the simplest solution, not necessarily the best), we could set up donations to fund the "jackpot", or I'm sure if it got enough attention, we could have a NEM stake reserved for it. I think it would be great to have this game before launch, promise the top leaderboarder 1/25th of a NEM stake every week until launch, for example.

NEM.io         blog.NEM.io        r/ourNEM
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 03:57:09 AM

can a dev confirm if its 2.0 or 3.0 generation?

I think there are no solid definitions of 2.0 or 3.0.
NXT called itself 2.0 which I think started the whole "generation" fuzz but I'm not sure there are actuall definitions.
If we see non-POW coins as 2nd gen then NXT was by no means the first 2nd gen (unless we only count 100% non POW coins and no hybrids). If we see transparent forging as 2nd gen then any other advanced feature could be 2nd gen as well so there is no way to tell where 3rd gen starts (leaving aside the fact that transparent forging is afaik not yet implemented).

I think if POI works as intended then it could be considered 3rd gen as it would be another improvement over the existing algos.
So it would be...

POW -> POS -> POI

...which would make sense to me but again...hard to say.

Could also be POW -> POW/POS -> POS -> POI.

Asking me I think the whole generation question is a huge amount of bs. Who cares ?

I think 3.0 will be a UI/UX revolution, rather than technological. We aren't there yet.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
mladen00
Legendary

Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013

K-ing®

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:10:32 AM

Nakamoto has birthday on 06.25
Smiley

IOTA
Loosoogooso

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 04:26:19 AM

Hi all

I am currently developing a Nem-specific game site which I think will be of some benefits. Stay tuned. Thank you.
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 05:18:37 AM

Hi all

I am currently developing a Nem-specific game site which I think will be of some benefits. Stay tuned. Thank you.

What kind of game(s)?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:19:19 AM

What do you guys think?

Something like that.

I agree that would be the best way to do it. I was just trying to take this one step at a time. (I know a few members were working on game projects, but it is my undertsanding that they have been dropped).
Don't get me wrong, if someone wants to create a fully integrated game like that, be my guest. I will play the hell out of it, and donate NEM to the dev as well. The problem is, do we have anyone willing to take on a huge endeavor like that at this time?

For some inspiration everyone,
Check out: 100 Balls https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/100-balls/id848218959?mt=8
and: The Line https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-line/id880338977?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D2

Simple games that are both in the top 20 at the apple app store. If someone created something half as decent as that, we would be good to go. Imagine how high it would get ranked with our SWARM team on it.   Grin
And thank you ghosthouse, I'm blushing  Cheesy

Edit: as far as sustainability, (again just trying to think of the simplest solution, not necessarily the best), we could set up donations to fund the "jackpot", or I'm sure if it got enough attention, we could have a NEM stake reserved for it. I think it would be great to have this game before launch, promise the top leaderboarder 1/25th of a NEM stake every week until launch, for example.

Some games for NEM would be great.

Here are two examples of viral and addictive games to take inspiration from:
Flappy Bird and 2048
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:37:20 AM

DGEX is going fiat, how about nem exchange platform in the future?

AFAIK only FIAT <-> BTC right ?

xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:49:39 AM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 04:20:29 PM by xtester

Here are some more thoughts I have about strategic moves for NEM future.

NEM Battle Plan

As I said in my previous post, there seems to be a huge crisis of integrity and trust going on in the altcoin world right now. There are so many scam coins and pump & dump schemes that one cannot be too careful.

Where does NEM fit, how is it different?

The idea is that when you look close enough at the current state of the landscape, at how NEM has begun and has continued to operate, the contrast becomes obvious. NEM is very different from what you see around it, it is a movement based on the principles of integrity, trust and charity. Integrity, because the official personnel responsible of NEM has proved to be transparent and correct in every dealing regarding NEM. Trust, because NEM people have proved to be very responsible with everything they do, and at the same time show a great ability for getting things done. Charity, because although NEM devs put an enormous amount of hard work to build NEM and could have sold(IPO) NEM shares at a significant price, they choose to award it as call to participation for an insignificant fee or contribution in order to give an equal opportunity to about 3000 members.

This is NEM, and it's clearly unlike anything we've seen until now.

Precisely because of this big trustworthiness crisis I think NEM could have an enormous advantage to build upon, in addition to that NEM aims to bring deep innovation on multiple levels thanks to its extremely competent dev team along with its large, diverse and talented community.

Our target and fighting strategy

I think our target for the end of NEM's first year after launch should be to clearly emerge as the most important altcoin in town. We should strive to be the most trustworthy, smart and innovative movement/coin. There will be a tremendous advantage if we manage to create ourselves a name, spread it everywhere, and continue to act consistently to it.

Further more, I think if we achieve the above mentioned target and continue in the same manner, we should be able to aim for our 2nd target in about 2 - 3 years after launch: challenging bitcoin and becoming the most important crypto movement and currency.

How to do it:

In order to emerge as the most important altcoin we need to fight on more fronts and hit strategically and decisively.

1)On the technical side: in order to have a natural and significant advantage over everybody else we need to focus on the following aspects: a)advanced blockchain technology and payment network, b)rich and diverse ecosystem/usability and c)radical and intuitive simplicity for the end-user.

a)Our blockchain technology needs to be more flexible and robust, preferably it should also be able to solve some of the problems other blockchains have(e.g. too much hard drive space taken and slow syncing). I should also enable developers to easily integrate and build powerful apps on it.
Our payment network needs to have the natural incentive to make money flow(which I think will happen with POI) and also good transaction speed and transaction scalability. If we do this two things(advance blockchain and payment network) better than anyone else we have a foundation for long term success right there.

b)I think a rich ecosystem will also be very important so in our first year we should do everything it takes to create NEM apps, get merchants, business and online stores to accept NEM, get companies to pay salaries in NEM, get NEM accepted with important exchanges, payment processors, ATM's. - and even find some big companies and help them to use NEM as a background infrastructure(this would be a great mean to help us make steps toward our end).
I also think in addition to offering PC ecosystem, we should build a good ecosystem for mobile users and all before the end of the first year. During the second year, we should make an important step and create a hardware wallet and focus on integrating it to our ecosystem and creating innovative ways to use it.

c)Here I think we could divide things in 3 important iterations. 1st - the launch: things are moderately simple, better than what we see around us but still far from ideal. 2nd - we have created and stabilized our core system and can focus deeply to achieve an unmatched intuitive simplicity for all of our ecosystem. In this second move we are also starting to make important waves in the mobile apps and ecosystem world. 3rd - we have reached a brilliant state of simplicity across our platforms now we move forward to do the same with our hardware wallet.

2)Marketing side: The key part missing here is, as I said before, correct targeting. We don't want to target everybody, that is a waste of time and money. We need to understand how technology adoption works.(See this image: http://wikibon.org/w/images/c/ca/Technology_Adoption_Curve.jpg) So first we need to target early adopters. Most of the people who would be crypto early adopters are already in the crypto world - so we need to make sure they hear about NEM. A lot of other early adopters are spread around the startup world and great technical and university hubs of the world. (I think I have a potentially instrumental move here, I know a platform with somewhere between 100k - 500k very smart technical people/business man/ entrepreneurs/hackers, all early adopters to whom I could pitch NEM and maybe reach a mass of 20k-80k views of the content I pitch, so this could be big, indeed it would be the premium crowd we would like on our side. It also is one of the best idea marketplace/hubs of Sillicon Valley. The most important part would be that if we are good enough, a lot of those 20k-80k early adopters will be converted to NEM which would bring an enormous boost. But it's not guaranteed that my pitch would work, it's a bit more complex, I'll explain when the time comes.) In addition to that we could spread the word about our experiment in economic circles and kindle some intelligent discussions around the subject.

3)Community: We need to further grow our community and create an incentive for smart and highly productive people to start using and contributing to NEM.

So the big picture of short term road map should look like this:

1) Launch and 1st year ->Build trust - Build ecosystem -Work on simplicity - grow community/adoption - build mobile ecosystem

2)1 year after launch -> Emerge as the most important: trustworthy, innovative and rewarding altcoin/movement in town

3) Continue with - Build ecosystem -Work on simplicity - grow community/adoption - build mobile ecosystem - move to hardware wallets and gadgets, make it simple and cool.

4) Have great innovative blockchain + advanced payment network + rich ecosystem and usability + very large and very smart community + brilliant intuitive simplicity + simple mobile usage + hardware and other cool gadgets => Challenge bitcoin => NEM becomes 1st.

patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:25:12 AM

LOOKING FOR A SKILLED FRONT-END DEVELOPER
I'm looking for a front-end developer that has some spare time and is up for helping to build our blockexplorer.
We already have a design we just need someone to put it into html, css and js Smiley

PM me if you're interested !

PS: Ya....there's a bounty  Wink (no idea how much)

zhuzhu_15

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 07:33:34 AM

4) Have great innovative blockchain + advanced payment network + rich ecosystem and usability + very large and very smart community + brilliant intuitive simplicity + simple mobile usage + hardware and other cool gadgets => Challenge bitcoin => NEM becomes 1st.

I like these plans, sounds that NEM will be a very very huge project!
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 07:47:07 AM

NEM Battle Plan

As I said in my previous post, there seems to be a huge crisis of integrity and trust going on in the altcoin world right now. There are so many scam coins and pump & dump schemes that one cannot be too careful.

The idea is that when you look close enough at the current state of the landscape, at how NEM has begun and has continued to operate, the contrast becomes obvious. NEM is very different from what you see around it, it is a movement based on the principles of integrity, trust and charity. Integrity, because the official personnel responsible of NEM has proved to be transparent and correct in every dealing regarding NEM. Trust, because NEM people have proved to be very responsible with everything they do, and at the same time show a great ability for getting things done. Charity, because although NEM devs put an enormous amount of hard work to build NEM and could have sold(IPO) NEM shares at a significant price, they choose to award it as call to participation for an insignificant fee or contribution in order to give an equal opportunity to about 3000 members.

Precisely because of this big trustworthiness crisis I think NEM could have an enormous advantage to build upon, in addition to that NEM aims to bring deep innovation on multiple levels thanks to its extremely competent dev team along with its large, diverse and talented community.

I think our target for the end of NEM's first year after launch should be to clearly emerge as the most important altcoin in town. We should strive to be the most trustworthy, smart and innovative movement/coin. There will be a tremendous advantage if we manage to create ourselves a name, spread it everywhere, and continue to act consistently to it.

Further more, I think if we achieve the above mentioned target and continue in the same manner, we should be able to aim for our 2nd target in about 2 - 3 years after launch: challenging bitcoin and becoming the most important crypto movement and currency.

How to do it:

In order to emerge as the most important altcoin we need to fight on more fronts and hit strategically and decisively.

1)On the technical side: in order to have a natural and significant advantage over everybody else we need to focus on the following aspects: a)advanced blockchain technology and payment network, b)rich and diverse ecosystem/usability and c)radical and intuitive simplicity for the end-user.

a)Our blockchain technology needs to be more flexible and robust, preferably it should also be able to solve some of the problems other blockchains have(e.g. too much hard drive space taken and slow syncing). I should also enable developers to easily integrate and build powerful apps on it.
Our payment network needs to have the natural incentive to make money flow(which I think will happen with POI) and also good transaction speed and transaction scalability. If we do this two things(advance blockchain and payment network) better than anyone else we have a foundation for long term success right there.

b)I think a rich ecosystem will also be very important so in our first year we should do everything it takes to create NEM apps, get merchants, business and online stores to accept NEM, get companies to pay salaries in NEM, get NEM accepted with important exchanges, payment processors, ATM's. - and even find some big companies and help them to use NEM as a background infrastructure(this would be a great mean to help us make steps toward our end).
I also think in addition to offering PC ecosystem, we should build a good ecosystem for mobile users and all before the end of the first year. During the second year, we should make an important step and create a hardware wallet and focus on integrating it to our ecosystem and creating innovative ways to use it.

c)Here I think we could divide things in 3 important iterations. 1st - the launch: things are moderately simple, better than what we see around us but still far from ideal. 2nd - we have created and stabilized our core system and can focus deeply to achieve an unmatched intuitive simplicity for all of our ecosystem. In this second move we are also starting to make important waves in the mobile apps and ecosystem world. 3rd - we have reached a brilliant state of simplicity across our platforms now we move forward to do the same with our hardware wallet.

2)Marketing side: The key part missing here is, as I said before, correct targeting. We don't want to target everybody, that is a waste of time and money. We need to understand how technology adoption works.(See this image: http://wikibon.org/w/images/c/ca/Technology_Adoption_Curve.jpg) So first we need to target early adopters. Most of the people who would be crypto early adopters are already in the crypto world - so we need to make sure they hear about NEM. A lot of other early adopters are spread around the startup world and great technical and university hubs of the world. (I think I have a potentially instrumental move here, I know a platform with somewhere between 100k - 500k very smart technical people/business man/ entrepreneurs/hackers, all early adopters to whom I could pitch NEM and maybe reach a mass of 20k-80k views of the content I pitch, so this could be big, indeed it would be the premium crowd we would like on our side. It also is one of the best idea marketplace/hubs of Sillicon Valley. The most important part would be that if we are good enough, a lot of those 20k-80k early adopters will be converted to NEM which would bring an enormous boost. But it's not guaranteed that my pitch would work, it's a bit more complex, I'll explain when the time comes.) In addition to that we could spread the word about our experiment in economic circles and kindle some intelligent discussions around the subject.

3)Community: We need to further grow our community and create an incentive for smart and highly productive people to start using and contributing to NEM.

So the big picture of short term roadmap should look like this:

1) Launch and 1st year ->Build trust - Build ecosystem -Work on simplicity - grow community/adoption - build mobile ecosystem

2)1 year after launch -> Emerge as the most important: trustworthy, innovative and rewarding altcoin/movement in town

3) Continue with - Build ecosystem -Work on simplicity - grow community/adoption - build mobile ecosystem - move to hardware wallets and gadgets, make it simple and cool.

Targeting technically savvy people/developers is definitely gonna help build the new ecosystem. Let's hope we can attract people like that. Unfortunately, ethereum seems to be doing the best job currently, mainly because of all the media attention.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 10:07:59 AM

NEM Battle Plan

How to do it:

So the big picture of short term roadmap should look like this:

This is another great post!  I agree with everything you are saying.  What you have laid out is a very good road map.  Clearly brainstormed well.  

As far as targeting a tech savy group.  I think we should airdrop NEM on MIT like bitcoin did.  It is a very localized market.  It is the exact demographic that would like it and think it is cool.  If it works out, I say we hit Harvard and Boston University with airdrops.  That would mean we have blanketed three corners of Boston.  

Taking over the world starts one neighbourhood at a time.  When two countries fight, they don't throw bombs randomly over a country.  That is exactly what all other altcoins and bitcoin are doing.  They are dispersing themselves all over the world, a little bit here and a little bit there.  When a general is in charge with strategic knowledge, he pics one beach, one town, one front to attack.  Then when he has it, he goes after another target.  One at a time until the whole country falls, and then the next country.  

Crypto currency is an entirely new concept, and new way of thinking about money.  It is very different than other technologies.  Think back to the introductions of phones or electricity.  Phones weren't just put all over the world one at a time, they were introduced small market by small market.  The same with electricity.  The same with plumbing.  The same with internet.  And so on.  Crypto is just as revolutionary as these and is just as new and strange.  Before people had electricity, they didn't think they needed it.  The same with phones.  The same with internet.  And so the same is with cryto.  The world does not want to just embrace this idea.  It doesn't think it needs it. Actually, they sit around and laugh at us and make jokes. But we can show them.  We can do it one market at a time.    After the first market falls, the second is easier, and the third easier after that.  After a while later markets will beg to be introduced.  

Pages: « 1 ... 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 [463] 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: