Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 10:04:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEM] NEM -New Economy Movement - No Envy Movement - Updates+Discussion thread  (Read 661421 times)
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:01:47 PM

I disagree Xtester.  A lot of copywright coins did what you described (Mastercoin and others) all for naught.  

personality worshipping often backfires.  I'm reminded how they brought Kevin Spacey to represent Call of Duty

There's little point to it.  Practically no one reads articles or videos for crypto currencies.  People these days have a 5 second attention span. Think of all that money Doge wasted on the Olympics and Nascar and nothing to show for it.

Do you mean that Doge had nothing to show?
Then I agree in that sense that there is no use to market unless there is something which keeps the "decoyed" people in the "shop (or something)" Smiley
owon

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:22:20 PM
Last edit: June 10, 2014, 08:34:32 PM by owon

You may be right, but i would guess that the key creation process will stay nearly the the same in alpha,beta and final version. I plan a package that will enable everybody to create this vouchers and as i am not a pro dev it will take some of my time. The key creation process will hopefully not change that much so it can be prepared now which will give me some more time for the graphics later on and i will be able to test my first results on the beta.

Actually we're considering one change, but I'll ansewer you on PM anyway

@ gimre thanks a lot, i don't want to hurry, pls. take your time
@ kodtycoon  everything fine, tnx !  Smiley

1. curve is secp256k1
2. public key is "compressed" (there's byte 02 or 03 byte used instead of encoding full Y, Y can be retrieved from X and that 02/03 byte)

encoding public key (PK):
1. d1 = sha3(PK)
2. d2 = ripe160(d1)
3. d3 = concat(version, d2),  version byte for alpha is 0x98
4. chk = 4 first bytes of sha3(d3)
5. d4 = concat(d3, chk)
6. Base32encode(d4)

Perfect, that will help, thanks! Will the base32 use special alphabet? private key will be 32byte int? and is there already a wallet import format defined for the private key, will it be base32 or base58 encoded?

A Wallet allows for adding an existing NEM account. The account has to be identified by the private key, which has to be provided as the hex representation.
The walet API is provided by NCC and is REST-based.

Hi gimre,
Hi Thies1965,
Hi everybody,

thanks a lot for your help regarding the NEM address creation for my NEM voucher project! I have implemented the code in javascript and it seems that i am able to create valid  addresses. If you have a second of your time (i know you are VERY busy atm), may you please quickly confirm whether the private key matches to the NEM address below and that the address is valid (alpha version 0x98)?

Code:
Private Key Hex:1CDAB90F0DD5C0B4DE95228D10E2B3B5FDC22B536C7C7D0051746FA8343581E5
Pub Key compressed Hex:0345FC70AEA6B5B32D31822F5AB22070145D528C8450F609880DAA96085F1C0F65
Pub Key compressed Bytes:3,69,252,112,174,166,181,179,45,49,130,47,90,178,32,112,20,93,82,140,132,80,246,9,136,13,170,150,8,95,28,15,101
Public Key SHA3:DF51456AB698EC0B5D140D1788EA85B101EFCDCD1238C235E032A1587CD8171F
Public Key Hash160(SHA3):DD7FB26EFC1947660CBFC2AF2C8B480CBEB4651E
Version Hex:98
HashandVersion:98DD7FB26EFC1947660CBFC2AF2C8B480CBEB4651E
Checksum -->first 4Bytes of SHA3(HashandVersion):A41BC5CA
NEM Address unencoded Hex:98DD7FB26EFC1947660CBFC2AF2C8B480CBEB4651EA41BC5CA
NEM Address unencoded Bytes:152,221,127,178,110,252,25,71,102,12,191,194,175,44,139,72,12,190,180,101,30,164,27,197,202
NEM Address Base32 encoded:TDOX7MTO7QMUOZQMX7BK6LELJAGL5NDFD2SBXROK
solix

Activity: 180
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:26:56 PM

2) long term/high impact marketing(this is what ethereum is doing):

Besides that, one of the most important things we could do for NEM in the long term is find one or more persons which should be "the faces" of NEM at conferences, interviews, and do what Vitalik Butering does for Etherium, capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society.

I guess it has to come from the core team. One needs to be technically savvy too as often this person will need to defend the design as a good crypto worthy of use AND cause.

Speaking of Ethereum, can any well educated crypto minds elaborate perhaps on some of the key differences/similarities to NEM? As far as my research has led me, I'm quite comfortable saying NEM will be the best Bitcoin 2.0ish platform when it launches next to NXT and perhaps Ripple (though a different beast from a political standpoint). If I read correctly, Ether is going to be PoW still?, obviously a difference there, but what about what it does and doesn't do with Bitcoin 2.0 that NEM does? Never hurts to evaluate the competition and beat them to punch Smiley. It is the other major blip on my radar next to NEM. Certainly the community is very well established as others point out, and as DOGE showed us, that can be everything.

Your Ad here! PM us now if you'd like to advertise here.
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:30:20 PM

Hi all,

Just yesterday I have discovered NEM and bought a small stake from NXT AE. Assuming that I do not want to sell my stake if I understand correctly I have to send my NEM to the issuer? If so by when? How I will obtain my NEM coins then? Can you please advise or send a couple of important links to get me up to speed?

Thanks in advance!
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:43:41 PM

If we have a stake, and bought a portion of a stake on the AE exchange, can we still bid in the auction?
Yes max 2 stakes per auction  Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616467.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=426303.msg6821199#msg6821199

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
mr smith

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:44:56 PM

Hi all,

Just yesterday I have discovered NEM and bought a small stake from NXT AE. Assuming that I do not want to sell my stake if I understand correctly I have to send my NEM to the issuer? If so by when? How I will obtain my NEM coins then? Can you please advise or send a couple of important links to get me up to speed?

Thanks in advance!
Easy read this  Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616467.0  Smiley

New Economy Movement
Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
mavromixalakis

Activity: 135

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:49:10 PM

only 50 pages... Roll Eyes..

Thank you I will try to follow up...
Vega

Activity: 739
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 06:54:15 PM

only 50 pages... Roll Eyes..

Thank you I will try to follow up...

They mean the first post. You know, like usually...
Momimaus

Activity: 767

Never back down !!!

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:15:39 PM

2) long term/high impact marketing(this is what ethereum is doing):

Besides that, one of the most important things we could do for NEM in the long term is find one or more persons which should be "the faces" of NEM at conferences, interviews, and do what Vitalik Butering does for Etherium, capturing the imagination of technical people and intelligentsia by kindling intelligent discussions and intellectual experiments regarding how NEM works, what we can and could do with it, what problems of previous coins we solve, etc. This is the highest point we need to target, which if we do correctly, will overflow and bring news about NEM into all other sub-layers of society.

I guess it has to come from the core team. One needs to be technically savvy too as often this person will need to defend the design as a good crypto worthy of use AND cause.

Speaking of Ethereum, can any well educated crypto minds elaborate perhaps on some of the key differences/similarities to NEM? As far as my research has led me, I'm quite comfortable saying NEM will be the best Bitcoin 2.0ish platform when it launches next to NXT and perhaps Ripple (though a different beast from a political standpoint). If I read correctly, Ether is going to be PoW still?, obviously a difference there, but what about what it does and doesn't do with Bitcoin 2.0 that NEM does? Never hurts to evaluate the competition and beat them to punch Smiley. It is the other major blip on my radar next to NEM. Certainly the community is very well established as others point out, and as DOGE showed us, that can be everything.

Ethereum community?

I am not sure if the will have a community when everybody figures out that nobody will make any money out of their IPO.
They choose the Mark Zuckerberg way -->  wait till they are big enough and then do the IPO. Fill their pockets, but the price will be cut in a half.

The NXT guys say that there is no feature in Ethereum that NXT can´t do too.
Hopefully UP will state the same.

I was pretty excited about Ehereum at the beginning, but their plans are obvious. No coin has spent such an huge amount of marketing for vaporware.

CoinTracking.info - Your personal Profit / Loss Portfolio Monitor and Tax Tool for all Digital Coins
CoinTracking is analyzing all your trades and generates in real time tons of useful information such as the profit / loss of your trades, your balances, realized and unrealized gains, reports for tax declaration and many more. For Bitcoin and over 3000 altcoins, assets and commodities.
Get 10% discount for all packages or create your own affiliate link to get 20% for every sale.
erkki12

Activity: 165
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 08:44:52 PM

We're forming a SWARM team devoted to the promotion of NEM. We're looking members who are willing to do commenting and upvoting/liking articles, posts, videos etc. in order to promote NEM.

All interested, please send me email to the address nempromotion@gmail.com or PM with your email address and I'll list you! Please include your bitcointalk username in the post.

E
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 10:32:01 PM

I disagree Xtester.  A lot of copywright coins did what you described (Mastercoin and others) all for naught.  

personality worshipping often backfires.  I'm reminded how they brought Kevin Spacey to represent Call of Duty

There's little point to it.  Practically no one reads articles or videos for crypto currencies.  People these days have a 5 second attention span. Think of all that money Doge wasted on the Olympics and Nascar and nothing to show for it.

Do you mean that Doge had nothing to show?
Then I agree in that sense that there is no use to market unless there is something which keeps the "decoyed" people in the "shop (or something)" Smiley

Nothing to show from the money they wasted on the Olympics and Nascar.

There's too many of these copywright coins, whether serious (Mastercoin / Ethereum / Maidsafe) or non-serious (Doge). 

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2014, 11:31:43 PM

thanks a lot for your help regarding the NEM address creation for my NEM voucher project! I have implemented the code in javascript and it seems that i am able to create valid  addresses. If you have a second of your time (i know you are VERY busy atm), may you please quickly confirm whether the private key matches to the NEM address below and that the address is valid (alpha version 0x98)?

there's definitely some problem, but I haven't looked where, I'll send you package of test data on PM

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
presidentcoin

Activity: 224

Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto

View Profile
June 10, 2014, 11:57:39 PM

Is there a Wallet, or something else

________Any Store Can Buy, Sell and Accept Cryptocurrency________
█████████ ██ ███ ██      PUNDI X     ██ ███ ██ █████████
Whitepaper      Twitter      Facebook      Telegram      Medium      Youtube
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:08:31 AM

This is another great post!  I agree with everything you are saying.  What you have laid out is a very good road map.  Clearly brainstormed well.  

As far as targeting a tech savy group.  I think we should airdrop NEM on MIT like bitcoin did.  It is a very localized market.  It is the exact demographic that would like it and think it is cool.  If it works out, I say we hit Harvard and Boston University with airdrops.  That would mean we have blanketed three corners of Boston.  

Taking over the world starts one neighbourhood at a time.  When two countries fight, they don't throw bombs randomly over a country.  That is exactly what all other altcoins and bitcoin are doing.  They are dispersing themselves all over the world, a little bit here and a little bit there.  When a general is in charge with strategic knowledge, he pics one beach, one town, one front to attack.  Then when he has it, he goes after another target.  One at a time until the whole country falls, and then the next country.  

Crypto currency is an entirely new concept, and new way of thinking about money.  It is very different than other technologies.  Think back to the introductions of phones or electricity.  Phones weren't just put all over the world one at a time, they were introduced small market by small market.  The same with electricity.  The same with plumbing.  The same with internet.  And so on.  Crypto is just as revolutionary as these and is just as new and strange.  Before people had electricity, they didn't think they needed it.  The same with phones.  The same with internet.  And so the same is with cryto.  The world does not want to just embrace this idea.  It doesn't think it needs it. Actually, they sit around and laugh at us and make jokes. But we can show them.  We can do it one market at a time.    After the first market falls, the second is easier, and the third easier after that.  After a while later markets will beg to be introduced.  

You did not just read the Tzun Tzu art of war did you? ;-)

Hahaha, Years and years ago.  Required reading for all strategist in the military. 

I like 三十六計: http://wengu.tartarie.com/wg/wengu.php?l=36ji

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2014, 12:33:33 AM

This is another great post!  I agree with everything you are saying.  What you have laid out is a very good road map.  Clearly brainstormed well.  

As far as targeting a tech savy group.  I think we should airdrop NEM on MIT like bitcoin did.  It is a very localized market.  It is the exact demographic that would like it and think it is cool.  If it works out, I say we hit Harvard and Boston University with airdrops.  That would mean we have blanketed three corners of Boston.  

Taking over the world starts one neighbourhood at a time.  When two countries fight, they don't throw bombs randomly over a country.  That is exactly what all other altcoins and bitcoin are doing.  They are dispersing themselves all over the world, a little bit here and a little bit there.  When a general is in charge with strategic knowledge, he pics one beach, one town, one front to attack.  Then when he has it, he goes after another target.  One at a time until the whole country falls, and then the next country.  

Crypto currency is an entirely new concept, and new way of thinking about money.  It is very different than other technologies.  Think back to the introductions of phones or electricity.  Phones weren't just put all over the world one at a time, they were introduced small market by small market.  The same with electricity.  The same with plumbing.  The same with internet.  And so on.  Crypto is just as revolutionary as these and is just as new and strange.  Before people had electricity, they didn't think they needed it.  The same with phones.  The same with internet.  And so the same is with cryto.  The world does not want to just embrace this idea.  It doesn't think it needs it. Actually, they sit around and laugh at us and make jokes. But we can show them.  We can do it one market at a time.    After the first market falls, the second is easier, and the third easier after that.  After a while later markets will beg to be introduced.  

You did not just read the Tzun Tzu art of war did you? ;-)

Hahaha, Years and years ago.  Required reading for all strategist in the military. 

Agree. We could hold a worldwide nomination for the first NEM city (or at smaller scale - NEM square) similar to what Google did with fiber cable.

http://www.muniwireless.com/2010/02/20/nominate-your-city-for-google-fiber-project/

Really great idea Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
mrvegad

Activity: 616

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:48:46 AM

NEM isn't released yet.
TechKing

Activity: 13

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 12:52:59 AM

On the way
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:11:13 AM

Keep on voting for NEM guys!!!

https://hitbtc.com/vote

Done. Will be voting as often as I can spare.
vladnokov

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:26:44 AM

Keep on voting for NEM guys!!!

https://hitbtc.com/vote

Done. Will be voting as often as I can spare.

Voted, and will vote NEM again tomorrow.
TauMuon

Activity: 224

NEM Enthusiast

View Profile
June 11, 2014, 02:46:19 AM

Here are some more thoughts I have about strategic moves for NEM future.

NEM Battle Plan

Nice post. Can't express how much I agree with the simplicity and ease-of-use point you made. If we want NEM to gain wider adoption from outside the (relatively small) cryptocurrency crowd, the NEM ecosystem categorically needs to be as simple to gain access and use as possible. This is something I've been stressing time and time again since I discovered NEM. Thankfully it seems the client is being built with ease-of-use in mind.

If a new potential Nemster inquisitively follows a few links when (s)he sees NEM mentioned somewhere, if it takes more than a handful of minutes to find out what NEM is, figure out how to obtain NEM coins and use the client then they'll close the tab and completely forget about it.

Some features I think are important in achieving the above goals are listed below:

(A) Easy-to-follow video and text guides. These must be:
  • Friendly, aesthetically pleasing, concise and informative.
  • Available in different languages.
  • Embedded within the client.

(B) Strong, linguistically diverse and supportive communities to help out with technical problems.
  • NEM forum, website, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit et al. Perhaps a moderated live chat within the client made for helping new Nemsters out.

(C) Everything related to NEM must be possible completely within the client.
  • If the entire NEM ecosystem can be accessed and used in the same place it would mean the NEM ecosystem feels like a cohesive product and not a scattering of websites with the NEM logo pasted on them. Any newcomer who has to visit a million different websites will be put off. However, if everything they need to access is within the client, they will feel like they are in control and therefore happy to use NEM. Transactions, messages, asset exchange, block explorer et al.
  • There could be an 'in client' web-browser to access forums/social media websites I mentioned above. The client is going to be browser-based, so I don't see this being much of a problem. Having a tab in the sidebar for social media would be a welcome sight for confused newcomers.

(D) There needs to be a simple, elegant and easy-to-setup solution for merchants to accept NEM as payment.
  • The only way a currency will become widespread and stable is if it can actually be used. Removing the hurdle of difficult implementation for less tech-savvy shop owners will be a huge advantage.

Concerning (A), I am no graphic designer, but I can write out the text for guides/videos once I am familiar with the NEM client. For (B), I am already trying to help Nemsters out on the NEM subreddit, and have written an F.A.Q. thread on the forum to help answer common questions. The entire NEM community should be eager to help out newbies and answer their questions; which I am thankfully seeing a lot of! So kudos to those who do. Unfortunately (C) and (D) are outside my area of expertise; I'm no computer scientist, merely a humble physicist.

TL;DR - appeal to the newbies and NEM will be unstoppable.

NEM - New Economy Movement - http://blog.nem.io/overview/ | www.reddit.com/r/nem | https://www.facebook.com/ourNEM | https://twitter.com/nemcoin
Built from the Ground up with 100% Original Code | A Second-Generation Crypto, Radically Improved over Bitcoin | Philosophy of Solidarity and Egalitarianism
Pages: « 1 ... 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 [465] 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 »
  Print  

Jump to: