Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 04:33:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 411 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PMC] Premine Coin | Rare | Mining Transaction Fee Proof of Concept  (Read 382863 times)
Nullu

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:51:44 PM

It is a managed language, yes. You can work around that with p/invoke and other stuff, but it's rarely useful.

Premature optimization is the root of all evil, as Donald Knuth once said Smiley While you can squeeze out a bit of performance improvement by using non-managed memory management, it also overly complicates your program. It all boils down to what you're trying to accomplish - if your app isn't performance-critical, it's usually easier to just leave all that hassle to the runtime. It's pretty good at it, though not always the best.

If you really need every clock cycle, then sure, C++ (or C) is the way to go Smiley

As for Prolog... I'm not a big fan of declarative programming (I almost failed my Prolog class). When it comes to alternative programming paradigms, functional programming (Haskell and Lisp - especially Lisp) is my way to go Smiley

Also, somebody said that programming languages are like Pokemon moves - you can only know about 4 really well until you're forced to forget one Smiley

Yes, well I'd like to know around 4. I like the way new languages change your way of thinking. I like Prolog because of how esoteric it is. Lisp looks a bit mind-bending. Perhaps after I've devoted more time to Prolog and C++.  Smiley

BTC - 14kYyhhWZwSJFHAjNTtyhRVSu157nE92gF
Mr_Crow

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 08:57:37 PM

The faucet seems empty :/

Seems fine to me, 85 PMC in their .. I will top it up a little later.
You're more than welcome to donate to it Cheesy

I'm a newcomer and would donate if I had some. That's why I went to the faucet, to generate some to my wallet. I didn't want to ask forum and "that guy" that begs for PMC. I wanted to establish myself in the community first and help build it.
Mr_Crow

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:04:12 PM

It is a managed language, yes. You can work around that with p/invoke and other stuff, but it's rarely useful.

Premature optimization is the root of all evil, as Donald Knuth once said Smiley While you can squeeze out a bit of performance improvement by using non-managed memory management, it also overly complicates your program. It all boils down to what you're trying to accomplish - if your app isn't performance-critical, it's usually easier to just leave all that hassle to the runtime. It's pretty good at it, though not always the best.

If you really need every clock cycle, then sure, C++ (or C) is the way to go Smiley

As for Prolog... I'm not a big fan of declarative programming (I almost failed my Prolog class). When it comes to alternative programming paradigms, functional programming (Haskell and Lisp - especially Lisp) is my way to go Smiley

Also, somebody said that programming languages are like Pokemon moves - you can only know about 4 really well until you're forced to forget one Smiley

Yes, well I'd like to know around 4. I like the way new languages change your way of thinking. I like Prolog because of how esoteric it is. Lisp looks a bit mind-bending. Perhaps after I've devoted more time to Prolog and C++.  Smiley
Never heard of Prolog before. I'll have to look into it.
Ait

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:10:16 PM

Just a status update: I said I'd be working on a new webpage for PMC a few days ago; well here is the completed homepage!

NEW PMC HOMEPAGEhttp://pmc.cryptotycoons.com/

Still plenty of work left to do, no links or anything up yet. but hopefully I'll have a working site up by the end of day.

Please give me feedback!!!!

It's essential in making a good website.

once it's complete, i'll either send the source to the devs, or host it at the current address unless someone else purchases a domain =)

Just uploaded the latest version. Probably won't have time to do too much more today; but give me feedback =)
the button looks needs some refinement, and so does some of the text placement; rushed this stuff to get a final version out before i ran out of time.

logo looks rly weird/ugly stretched. What resolution do you need? i could send you. Also I dont really like that cityscape background. Doesnt really fit.

Would you prefer just a solid background again? Something else?
the image resolution is low, but i'm not getting any distortion/ stretching on my end? whats the resolution of the device your viewing it on?
i'm not graphically inclined, most of my work involves paint, and don't really know what resolution to ask for, just send what you have and i'll make it work.

Thanks for the feedback.
Most of my experience is back end coding; graphics/css is being learned as I go =)

Well just to confuse things I really liked your original choice of a kind of burgundy type colour band at the top and grey in the middle.  Although I felt the blue stripe at the bottom was wrong and you maybe needed to look on a colour wheel to find the complementary shade to your burgundy or do top and bottom in burgundy (seriously I don't think I've ever typed the word burgundy so much in my life!  Now it just looks/sounds weird!)

I think the grey/burgundy colours had a metallic mine type feel to them...with the blue logo in the middle being the jewel so to speak.  Smiley

PreMineCoin # 100% Distribution # 0% Inflation
PMC: 1F7agvGdq8UALQ5tVrGejjfxjRkgSr4E4b
PXL: 1BuGVeYanmB1FNuV6QBAvZqsZKDFnV8rjU
Mr_Crow

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 09:40:23 PM

Just a status update: I said I'd be working on a new webpage for PMC a few days ago; well here is the completed homepage!

Still plenty of work left to do, no links or anything up yet. but hopefully I'll have a working site up by the end of day.

once it's complete, i'll either send the source to the devs, or host it at the current address unless someone else purchases a domain =)

Just uploaded the latest version. Probably won't have time to do too much more today; but give me feedback =)
the button looks needs some refinement, and so does some of the text placement; rushed this stuff to get a final version out before i ran out of time.

logo looks rly weird/ugly stretched. What resolution do you need? i could send you. Also I dont really like that cityscape background. Doesnt really fit.

the image resolution is low, but i'm not getting any distortion/ stretching on my end? whats the resolution of the device your viewing it on?
i'm not graphically inclined, most of my work involves paint, and don't really know what resolution to ask for, just send what you have and i'll make it work.

Thanks for the feedback.
Most of my experience is back end coding; graphics/css is being learned as I go =)

Well just to confuse things I really liked your original choice of a kind of burgundy type colour band at the top and grey in the middle.  Although I felt the blue stripe at the bottom was wrong and you maybe needed to look on a colour wheel to find the complementary shade to your burgundy or do top and bottom in burgundy (seriously I don't think I've ever typed the word burgundy so much in my life!  Now it just looks/sounds weird!)

I think the grey/burgundy colours had a metallic mine type feel to them...with the blue logo in the middle being the jewel so to speak.  Smiley

I like his idea ^^
ctenc001

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 10:07:12 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I like his idea ^^
So back to the burgundy background with no blue strip?
Nullu

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:12:28 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=483616.0

Cryptorush may have been hacked. May be wise to secure your PMC.

kbroadfoot
Legendary

Activity: 1302

Bass Player

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 10:58:40 PM

I can't log into cryptorush

Nullu

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:03:45 PM

I can't log into cryptorush

It may very well be nothing, but apparently the Admins are aware of the issue. Not really sure what to make of it.

uasteel

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:17:50 PM

Dumpers, dumpers, dumpers... damn I need some BTC lol.
ctenc001

Activity: 910

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2014, 11:20:48 PM

Thanks for the feedback.

I like his idea ^^

I think the website reflects the latest request.
Still looking for feedback. If someone feels like rewriting some of the text, that'd be great! I'm not much of a linguist
uasteel

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:27:25 PM

Thanks for the feedback.
I like his idea ^^
I think the website reflects the latest request.
Still looking for feedback. If someone feels like rewriting some of the text, that'd be great! I'm not much of a linguist

Looks good, just need to get the logo from albertdros.
anonuser777

Activity: 140

View Profile
February 23, 2014, 11:56:56 PM

I'm a newcomer and would donate if I had some. That's why I went to the faucet, to generate some to my wallet. I didn't want to ask forum and "that guy" that begs for PMC. I wanted to establish myself in the community first and help build it.

I wouldn't worry about that. We all had to beg for PMC originally  Grin

Just place a PMC address in your sig and you never know what might happen  Wink
Nullu

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:09:34 AM

I wouldn't worry about that. We all had to beg for PMC originally  Grin

Just place a PMC address in your sig and you never know what might happen  Wink

Yes. Active members are usually rewarded.

Nullu

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:21:42 AM

News: Premine just listed on www.coinelo.com

It's a rating service that pits one random coin against another and then gets rated by popularity.

Let's see how much the Premine community value PMC.  Wink

Ait

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:49:33 AM

It's a rating service that pits one random coin against another and then gets rated by popularity.

Just been voting...took me a while to realise that there wasn't an actual end point!  Could have been going all day - ha ha.  Grin

In other news, just checked Poloniex and someone is selling over 7800 PMCs!  *faints*

PreMineCoin # 100% Distribution # 0% Inflation
PMC: 1F7agvGdq8UALQ5tVrGejjfxjRkgSr4E4b
PXL: 1BuGVeYanmB1FNuV6QBAvZqsZKDFnV8rjU
Nullu

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:53:18 AM

Let's see how much the Premine community value PMC.  Wink

Just been voting...took me a while to realise that there wasn't an actual end point!  Could have been going all day - ha ha.  Grin

In other news, just checked Poloniex and someone is selling over 7800 PMCs!  *faints*

Price        PMC                     BTC
0.00045   2700.82014694   1.21536906

Good sale on Poloniex if someone wants to be an investor in PMC.  Smiley

uasteel

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:53:36 AM

Well it's good to see PMC is only second to BTC!!!
Nullu

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 12:55:50 AM

Well it's good to see PMC is only second to BTC!!!

This community.  Cheesy

solid12345
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
February 24, 2014, 03:51:10 AM

It's amazing PMC is included in the ranks of all top tier coins, I think I made a wise choice to jump in now before it really explodes in popularity.
Pages: « 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 [267] 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 ... 411 »
  Print  

Jump to: