Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:01:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004183 times)
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 09:23:02 AM

I think i'll just leave this here ...

Voorhees is a sociopath I'd expect a scumbag move like this from him, it's Polo and Kraken that have me concerned.

Polo wanted to taste what its like to be Yobit.

U know.. "screw the users"

(Its hilarious that ETC thread by @bitpop is the most heavy modded and deleted and censored thread on the forum now. OH THE IRONY)
again wishful thinking of you isnt
etc gets more and more suport

Wishful thinking? Nope, im stating whats happening. Massive amount of deleted posts.

He is censoring it like North Korea

Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:32:36 AM

Although I don't really mind ETC being discussed in this thread, doesn't bitpop have his own altcoin thread?

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 09:36:17 AM

Yes but this thread is about the immutable chain which is ETC

frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 09:40:28 AM

This statement has been answered so many times now its getting really dumb....

Now, scurry back to your North-Korea-thread.

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:40:56 AM

Can someone give the ELI5 on why the forkers seem to be butthurt about ETC? Isn't that the whole idea of the fork? Two chains and all.

Because ETC is not legit.

For me what ethc will be a good gauge of, is who in the community supports theft!   If etc gains traction then the majority of crypto space are either traders which isn't any good as we won't see consistent development as the coin can be dumped to shit by tomorrow.  Or they are mostly scammers and that is disheartening to say the least. I could easily dump the 1k ether I had prior to fork but I feel it's just wrong.  And the more and more this happens this becomes about just making a quick buck instead of the "crypto revolution".  The more time passes the more this whole thing looks like joke to me.  Starting to dump my hw on eBay.  Time to look for a new hobby.  This is becoming a scammers paradise run by those that are supposedly trustworthy.  What a fucking joke seriously bitpop you lost all credibility where with me you would have to earn in the first place and this isn't the correct fork to take to do that Wink.  Good luck with scam ethc.  Bad enough we had to fork to keep the fucking theives at bay. Then we have the likes of ethc.  What a joke!
o my god, how often does one have to tell . the ETC does not support the thief . ETC suports the international law that says lynchjustic is a crime .
selfjustic is not alowed. the thief shall be punished by the law and not the crime is erased by the devs couse investors dont wanted to hassle of an investigation.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:50:28 AM

For me what ethc will be a good gauge of, is who in the community supports theft!
The 'thief' has a contract signed with the 'victim'. The 'victim' decided not to honor the contract because they believe there is only one rule - might is right. Who is the thief?
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 09:58:43 AM

For me what ethc will be a good gauge of, is who in the community supports theft!
The 'thief' has a contract signed with the 'victim'. The 'victim' decided not to honor the contract because they believe there is only one rule - might is right. Who is the thief?
The kid is.

lol free etc. what a fucking start.

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:09:28 AM

Is this the kind of stupid you expect to build your community on?

You might disagree with Vitalik about the way forward, but anyone with half a brain knows who made this thread and what it's for.

Vitaliks team wanted to take Ethereum in a different direction than you. They got the miners, users and exchanges to follow them. So you created an alt.

And you have accepted this. You don't call it Ethereum. You call it Ethereum Classic. All the exchanges use the abbreviation ETC for this new alt.

Eth from the original Ethereum team is still listed as ETH. Unless ETC is just a project meant to troll Ethereum I suggest that you clean up these distinctions so that users can make an informed decision between Ethereum and your Ethereum Alt. Like Expanse, Lisk and others have done.

Btw, why not sell your eth, move to Expanse or Lisk and boost those projects? At least they have a clear profile, active devs and some USPs.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:20:44 AM

Can someone give the ELI5 on why the forkers seem to be butthurt about ETC? Isn't that the whole idea of the fork? Two chains and all.

For me what ethc will be a good gauge of, is who in the community supports theft!   If etc gains traction then the majority of crypto space are either traders which isn't any good as we won't see consistent development as the coin can be dumped to shit by tomorrow.  Or they are mostly scammers and that is disheartening to say the least. I could easily dump the 1k ether I had prior to fork but I feel it's just wrong.  And the more and more this happens this becomes about just making a quick buck instead of the "crypto revolution".  The more time passes the more this whole thing looks like joke to me.  Starting to dump my hw on eBay.  Time to look for a new hobby.  This is becoming a scammers paradise run by those that are supposedly trustworthy.  What a fucking joke seriously bitpop you lost all credibility where with me you would have to earn in the first place and this isn't the correct fork to take to do that Wink.  Good luck with scam ethc.  Bad enough we had to fork to keep the fucking theives at bay. Then we have the likes of ethc.  What a joke!
o my god, how often does one have to tell . the ETC does not support the thief . ETC suports the international law that says lynchjustic is a crime .
selfjustic is not alowed. the thief shall be punished by the law and not the crime is erased by the devs couse investors dont wanted to hassle of an investigation.

So if someone is in your garage stealing your car you're going to open the garage door for them because "[sic]selfjustic is not alowed".

If you believe in what you say you should call the proper authorities and let them handle it. Creating an alt is not a solution.

One solution is to take it back. There are plenty of instances of self justice that are allowed. If you lose a bike and you find it 6 months later you can just take it back (I'd advice you to notify the police of when and where you took it, though). But this is not "[sic]lynchjustic", nor is taking back blockchain tokens.

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:25:10 AM

Vitaliks team wanted to take Ethereum in a different direction than you. They got the miners, users and exchanges to follow them. So you created an alt.
lol
How do I create something that is already there?
How do I create something that is already present and I guard it from being killed?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:33:11 AM

lol
How do I create something that is already present and I guard it from being killed?

Hi becoin

Have you bought some ETC now?

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:39:40 AM

lol

Hi becoin

Of course. It'd be a sin to miss this huge opportunity and not buy the original ETH at such a wild discount.

Have you bought non-forked ETH as well?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:46:50 AM

lol

Hi becoin

Of course. It'd be a sin to miss this huge opportunity and not buy the original ETH at such a wild discount.

Have you bought non-forked ETH as well?

They literally threw it at me. I had to hurry dumping it before the price tanked.

Sure good there were some Bitcoin maximalists, with money to burn and a point to prove, ready to buy them from me.

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:54:28 AM

You might disagree with Vitalik about the way forward, but anyone with half a brain knows who made this thread and what it's for.

And you have accepted this. You don't call it Ethereum. You call it Ethereum Classic. All the exchanges use the abbreviation ETC for this new alt.

Eth from the original Ethereum team is still listed as ETH. Unless ETC is just a project meant to troll Ethereum I suggest that you clean up these distinctions so that users can make an informed decision between Ethereum and your Ethereum Alt. Like Expanse, Lisk and others have done.

Btw, why

not sell your eth, move to Expanse or Lisk and boost those projects? At least they have a clear profile, active devs and some USPs.

are you vitaliks spokesman? his pulic voice? did he entitle you to speak for him?

i didnt find anything on his page about you ......if what you said here is his opinion.... go back to him and let him give you an autorisation to speak for him
if not
please stop posting in his name

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:56:57 AM

Sure good there were some Bitcoin maximalists, with money to burn and a point to prove, ready to buy them from me.
Sorry, I don't understand. What does Bitcoin have in common with ETH hard fork fiasco?
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 10:58:48 AM

Btw, why

not sell your eth, move to Expanse or Lisk and boost those projects? At least they have a clear profile, active devs and some USPs.

are you vitaliks spokesman? his pulic voice? did he entitle you to speak for him?

i didnt find anything on his page about you ......if what you said here is his opinion.... go back to him and let him give you an autorisation to speak for him
if not
please stop posting in his name

Are you bitpops spokeswoman?

Edit: I seriously hope you're not a lawyer. If so, you don't really understand what you're doing.

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:04:54 AM

So if someone is in your garage stealing your car you're going to open the garage door for them because "[sic]selfjustic is not alowed".

If you believe in what you say you should call the proper authorities and let them handle it. Creating an alt is not a solution.

One solution is to take it back. There are plenty of instances of self justice that are allowed. If you lose a bike and you find it 6 months later you can just take it back (I'd advice you to notify the police of when and where you took it, though). But this is not "[sic]lynchjustic", nor is taking back blockchain tokens.
no you misinterpret what you call a allowed selfjustic. in the case you find your stolen bike . you are only alowed to keep a hold on it not take it in posetion and walk awy. all you can do it put a  lock on it ride it to the cops and then claim it as yours . where you have to prove without doubt that is is yours , for example with a picture that shows you on it and so on. at least in a civilisation its handled like that

Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:14:05 AM

no you misinterpret what you call a allowed selfjustic. in the case you find your stolen bike . you are only alowed to keep a hold on it not take it in posetion and walk awy. all you can do it put a  lock on it ride it to the cops and then claim it as yours . where you have to prove without doubt that is is yours , for example with a picture that shows you on it and so on. at least in a civilisation its handled like that

There are 196 countries in the world. All with different legal systems.

Ethereum is a globally distributed decentralized network.

Within this context I would ask that you explain your position.

frostminer

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 11:14:17 AM

no you misinterpret what you call a allowed selfjustic. in the case you find your stolen bike . you are only alowed to keep a hold on it not take it in posetion and walk awy. all you can do it put a  lock on it ride it to the cops and then claim it as yours . where you have to prove without doubt that is is yours , for example with a picture that shows you on it and so on. at least in a civilisation its handled like that

The police giving me my car back would be the eq of a hard fork Cheesy

Justice ftw

Perryl

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 11:25:22 AM

Last I checked the ETH developers implemented a design to make this possible.

They gave us the means. They created the wallet for this project. They have pledged support to this project.

All you had to do was click "no" in your wallet. Then you were on ETC. You had to disagree with a change for technical reasons. It had nothing to do with your vote.

This is within the design created by the Ethereum project that forked away from the chain.

Btw, why not sell your eth, move to Expanse or Lisk and boost those projects? At least they have a clear profile, active devs and some USPs.

It's amazing how much stupid I see coming from this thread.

Vitalik's team created ETC. They got the miners, users, and exchanges to follow them against their will. They were given a "choice", not a choice. The process was not truly democratic. A pool voted against it and was forced to fork. The pools that voted for it had terrible turnout. Turnout that was so bad any true democratic process would have thrown out the vote and tried again. Is it not true that if I send 2 Ether to the "yes" wallet and 1 Ether to the "no" wallet that both would count? So, if I wanted to have a thousandmillion votes I just needed to be the next Soros, right?

Is that a democratic process?

Is that consensus?

Does it even matter now? We've already heard from enough people to know that there are people within the foundation that disagree with the fork and have committed to helping ETC.

Or are you willfully blind to the statements being made?

You say they had the miners. We're showing you they didn't with hashrate. We have new pools joining every day, and more miners joining as they find out about us.

You say they had the users. We're showing you they didn't with volume, price, tweets, threads, etc.

You say they had the exchanges. We're showing you they didn't by getting added to more exchanges and those exchanges issuing the tokens ETC holders are owed. Bitfinex and Shapeshift coming soon.

What more do you need to see there isn't a consensus here?

How about this thread on Steem?
https://steemit.com/ethereum/@pigeons/conversation-between-vitalik-and-exchanges

You've never had the support of the exchanges or the pools. They were forced.

http://www.coindesk.com/hard-fork-ethereum-dao/

Did you really have the support of the miners? This article suggests you didn't.

F2pool said:
"We are as a matter of principle against unduly rushed or controversial hard forks irrespective of the team proposing and we will not run such code on production systems nor mine any block from that hard-fork. I believe this is universal and it could be applied to ethereum, too. I fail to see why we must take such a controversial and risky hard fork. We are not willing to deploy this hard fork unless we have to."

Consensus? We have it. Do you?

Fitting.
https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/757377362677764096

No devs eh.
https://decentralize.today/a-tale-of-two-chains-3f6d58a9df4a#.x9jm54rrm
https://twitter.com/gavofyork/status/757197495801880576

This is why ETC exists.
https://twitter.com/Excellion/status/757006923057078272

What's wrong with ETH.
https://twitter.com/ChandlerGuo/status/757191880740184064

Pages: « 1 ... 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 [478] 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: