Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 10:05:27 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004195 times)
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1520

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 02:20:19 PM

I have a suggestion.

Lets let the mining and markets talk.

Our shitstorm in both threads leads to NOTHING.
Lets get back to keeping ETH talk here, and ETC talk in the ETC thread.

We will see in a months time what happens.

(i really want news when i see new post, and not all this bullshit)

you didn't realize there is no Ethereum anymore. there does exist child s**tcoin ETH and child s**tcoin ETC. but Ethereum is dead already.

Grin Grin

suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8935

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 02:21:29 PM

did polinex just create the tokens out of thin air or can anyone with prefork ether also create etc...absent from putting it on polinex and having them do conversion?

Because if one can create etc from pre fork eth and be able to retain both, then isn't it possible that eth wales ...like exchanges and like the dev team are just using this opportunity to make more of a bundle.

best of both worlds...get back DAO money from HF eth.........and create fee etc from original chain

its a no brainer....why not support non fork eth too....all that etc is free. they could dump anytime or if it gains traction hold and make more.

There is nothing to create. If you have a pre-fork ETH balance you also have an ETC balance, you just need to install ETC client and import the private keys. If you were a Poloniex customer they did it for you, i.e. you would have your ETC in your Poloniex wallet.

One thing that all (forkers or not) need to understand is that ETC is not free. Even if you look at the exchange rates you'll see that ETH dropped quite a lot since the DAO fuckup and a bit more since the fork. Any rise in ETC price is likely to cause ETH to go down and vice versa. They are the same coin except the fork tries to shift the responsibility for the aforementioned DAO fuckup.

Now excuse me while I go and fork Bitcoin to get Cryptsy and Mt. Gox coins returned to the bagholders. My righteous fork must be respected by everyone or else.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:31:11 PM

There is 3  ETH now:
ETH pre-fork (it is history now)
ETH fork (pro-forkers choice)
ETH non-forked (identical to ETH pre-fork and direct successor)

This is why exchanges have to maintain different wallets and keep track of the 3 eth-tokens!
redsn0w
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1042

#Free market

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:38:32 PM

There is 3  ETH now:
ETH pre-fork (it is history now)
ETH fork (pro-forkers choice)
ETH non-forked (identical to ETH pre-fork and direct successor)

This is why exchanges have to maintain different wallets and keep track of the 3 eth-tokens!

Only the original ethereum blockchain (ETC or ethereum classic) and the ethereum fork blockchain (ETH).

If you didn't upgrade the client than you are still on the 'original old' blockchain, which is ETC aka ethereum classic.
madmartyk
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1030

Yes I am a pirate, 300 years too late!

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:40:48 PM

How about exchanges like Bittrex, they are still using ETH.  Also etherpool is still using ETH?

TrueAnon
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:45:33 PM

LOL how will realworld investors/stakeholders/business and even everyday users take crypto and alt coin seriously with ETH/ETC actions and craziness happening like this?!?!  It's like BTC stupid annoying lil bother that keeps fucking things up always for the family!  Nobody will take seriously now!!  LMAO.  I can see poloniex taking a big hit too.

LTC is just the retarded lil brother now for BTC haha.
Fatman3001
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1013

Make Bitcoin glow with ENIAC

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 02:46:02 PM

The choice given was fork or not. A majority of the aforementioned groups chose the proposed HF, including F2Pool. I guess they found that they had to, as they themselves suggested. I am sure there are people who disagree with how "democratic" it was, but the existence of Ethereum Classic shows that there was a choice. And, ironically, they're the ones who have decided not to respect this choice.

You're contradicting yourself here. If there is a choice, and some choose one way and others choose another way - which part of this you're having a problem with?

That's how crypto forks work. Even a single dissenter with a CPU miner could keep the original chain alive. Should have thought about that BEFORE supporting a hard fork instead of expecting "respect" after the fact.

No, there is no contradiction. The community as a whole chose the proposed HF. That does not mean that every single person chose or was in favor of the HF. That isn't a requirement either. But if you're going to remain in the community you have to at least act as if you've accepted the decision.

What ETC has done is to ignore this. They've decided to not respect the choice of the community and create an altcoin. Which is fine in crypto. But what isn't fine is them running around spamming Ethereum threads with misinformation about Ethereum and their new altcoin.

Otoh it does show their lack of seriousness and will accelerate their decline into insignificance.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 03:01:19 PM

Purity

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:17:26 PM

another eth-DAO scam...

Hong Coin, a post-DAO Organization on Blockchain

https://medium.com/@hongcoin/hong-coin-a-post-dao-organization-on-blockchain-cf88605cede5#.nz7i5e56j

come on people.....buy-buy-buy!
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 03:23:11 PM

The choice given was fork or not. A majority of the aforementioned groups chose the proposed HF, including F2Pool. I guess they found that they had to, as they themselves suggested. I am sure there are people who disagree with how "democratic" it was, but the existence of Ethereum Classic shows that there was a choice. And, ironically, they're the ones who have decided not to respect this choice.

You're contradicting yourself here. If there is a choice, and some choose one way and others choose another way - which part of this you're having a problem with?

That's how crypto forks work. Even a single dissenter with a CPU miner could keep the original chain alive. Should have thought about that BEFORE supporting a hard fork instead of expecting "respect" after the fact.

No, there is no contradiction. The community as a whole chose the proposed HF. That does not mean that every single person chose or was in favor of the HF. That isn't a requirement either. But if you're going to remain in the community you have to at least act as if you've accepted the decision.

What ETC has done is to ignore this. They've decided to not respect the choice of the community and create an altcoin. Which is fine in crypto. But what isn't fine is them running around spamming Ethereum threads with misinformation about Ethereum and their new altcoin.

Otoh it does show their lack of seriousness and will accelerate their decline into insignificance.

If you have a problem with someone spamming you should report it to moderators.

I get the appeal to emotion. You're doing the same thing though. "misinformation", "altcoin", etc. The fact is - some people clicked "No" in Mist and are now on a different chain. Calling it names isn't any more serious than anyone else spamming this thread.

I'm still failing to understand what exactly is the issue here for the pro-forkers. Everything seems to be happening EXACTLY as it was supposed to happen after a hard fork. Misplaced expectations perhaps?
Perryl

Activity: 504
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:28:57 PM

is this project (Ethereum Classic) in relation with ETH ? i am confused please let us know the different between the two if not ? 

Ethereum Classic is original ethereum before they did a centralized fork.

In other words: it's a new altcoin without the backing of The Ethereum Team, without the backing of The Ethereum Foundation, and with their own tokens called ETC at exchanges.

They have their own thread too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559630.msg15702715#msg15702715

But for some reason mr.bitpop has decided to hang in this thread just to confuse people.

Perryl

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:32:31 PM

The community as a whole, except for all those people that were opposed to it.

But fuck them, right?
FruitBucket

Activity: 286

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 03:58:55 PM

is this project (Ethereum Classic) in relation with ETH ? i am confused please let us know the different between the two if not ? 

In other words: it's a new altcoin without the backing of The Ethereum Team, without the backing of The Ethereum Foundation, and with their own tokens called ETC at exchanges.

They have their own thread too: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1559630.msg15702715#msg15702715

But for some reason mr.bitpop has decided to hang in this thread just to confuse people.

If the Ethereum Classic is hacked to death, sold short to death, will the developers still support the coin?

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:09:20 PM

But how can a dev support 2 competing chains and "take care of them equally"? This is a blatant case of what the law defines as 'conflict of interest'.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:21:56 PM

Part of the debate is what is Ethereum. It would be sort of weird to report it to the mods before these questions are laid to rest, or at least discussed.

I get the appeal to emotion. You're doing the same thing though. "misinformation", "altcoin", etc. The fact is - some people clicked "No" in Mist and are now on a different chain. Calling it names isn't any more serious than anyone else spamming this thread.

Do you disagree that there are two chains and two coins now? If so, we need to contact all these exchanges and get them to withdraw the latest addition. And they both are altcoins, btw. Regardless of your emotional life.

I'm still failing to understand what exactly is the issue here for the pro-forkers. Everything seems to be happening EXACTLY as it was supposed to happen after a hard fork. Misplaced expectations perhaps?

People disagree. The world is not all rainbows and unicorns.

The community as a whole, except for all those people that were opposed to it.

But fuck them, right?

Welcome to the real world, buddy!

But how can a dev support 2 competing chains and "take care of them equally"? This is a blatant case of what the law defines as 'conflict of interest'.

No it isn't.

"I predict the Internet will soon go spectacularly supernova and in 1996 catastrophically collapse." - Robert Metcalfe, 1995
suchmoon
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 04:30:30 PM

Part of the debate is what is Ethereum. It would be sort of weird to report it to the mods before these questions are laid to rest, or at least discussed.

Do you disagree that there are two chains and two coins now? If so, we need to contact all these exchanges and get them to withdraw the latest addition. And they both are altcoins, btw. Regardless of your emotional life.

Huh? You're the one expecting "respect" for the "chosen" fork. I'm perfectly fine with the disagreement and letting the blockchains live or die on their own.

I'm getting a feeling you just want to stir shit up so I'll leave you to it.
Fatman3001
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 04:45:15 PM

Huh? You're the one expecting "respect" for the "chosen" fork. I'm perfectly fine with the disagreement and letting the blockchains live or die on their own.

I'm getting a feeling you just want to stir shit up so I'll leave you to it.

Ok, you've misunderstood the word "respect" in this context. I tried to make it more clear in my first reply to you.

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2016, 04:46:30 PM

A couple of the ETC guys here admitted they sold all their ETH before the fork.

It STILL looks like they are butthurt because it wasnt a fail like they thought... it actually went up 15% the same day.

Shorting fails too, i guess.

The only thing annoying me is their constant nagging, whining and spamming of this thread.

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:10:17 PM

No it isn't.
Yes it is.
Ask your legal advisor!
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2016, 05:19:35 PM
Last edit: July 25, 2016, 05:58:35 PM by cohnhead

question...if blockchain for eth is 4,143 4181 blocks ahead of etc does that make it the longest chain? thought I read here that the longer chain would prove better for some reason.
and does it matter that the difference has been growing?...when I looked yesterday it was only 3989 blocks ahead
Pages: « 1 ... 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 [480] 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: