Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 08:21:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003991 times)
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:17:17 AM

https://np.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4w0xq8/peter_todd_does_vitalikbuterin_care_more_about/d63czhn?st=irfvcef0&sh=c8a324b3

petertodd 3 points 3 hours ago

I'm pretty sure I can develop tech that does what ethereum does better, on Bitcoin, and for many purposes without any blockchain at all. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong by a project that's otherwise aligned with my ideals of immutability, censorship resistance, and permissionless innovation.

Huh Cheesy Cheesy

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:30:25 AM

Just a thought... Smiley part 1  Tongue

Bringing in new faces Smiley

ETH guys told everyone they knew to get into ETH...many were confused what is ETH? but trusted us and bought.
Some refused to buy because they saw ETH as a threat and held their BTC...
etc comes along and the people that refused to buy ETH now think they see an opportunity to destroy Ethereum by dividing it and make some good profit on their BTC...however they quickly realise that the ETH buyers dont need to buy etc, so they go out and get other BTC holders and new buyers to buy etc.
Once the new buyers of etc finish buying they ask a few questions....what is this ETH? after a long explanation and prob lots of reading, the new buyer has just learnt alot about Ethereum and alot about crypto from the same people that refused to buy ETH.

Ethereum wins  Cool

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1441

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 08:05:01 AM

https://np.reddit.com/r/EthereumClassic/comments/4w0xq8/peter_todd_does_vitalikbuterin_care_more_about/d63czhn?st=irfvcef0&sh=c8a324b3

petertodd 3 points 3 hours ago

I'm pretty sure I can develop tech that does what ethereum does better, on Bitcoin, and for many purposes without any blockchain at all. But I'd be happy to be proven wrong by a project that's otherwise aligned with my ideals of immutability, censorship resistance, and permissionless innovation.

Huh Cheesy Cheesy

Is this an attempt to declare that he is in support of the fork? It sounds like he is trying to but will not declare openly. I think many bitcoiners who are quiet are in the same position.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 09:52:30 AM

Kristopher Ives ‏@kristopherives 19h
https://twitter.com/VitalikButerin/status/760865764236627968
@VitalikButerin @Banderovetz What will you do if ETC price overtakes ETH?
0 retweets 4 likes

Vitalik Buterin
‏@VitalikButerin

@kristopherives @Banderovetz I still won't support ETC.
[/quote
if you scroll down the tweets you will see questions that i have too?
vitalik seems to not anwser them
at the beginning he said consensus is all
he said the comunity chosed his hardfork and so be it .
he goes with the majority
but if etc is the majority he goes with the minority ?
seems he all along tryed to manipulate in favor of his investor friends ?
or why does he have 2 sets of rules
that girl there tries to get answers for that

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 10:37:44 AM

There is no point talking about something that is mathematically impossible, whenever the Ethereum Foundation want they have 12 million ETC, because ETC is pre-fork blockchain of the Ethereum Network.

At the current price those 12 million ETC are worth $31.50 million.

They can sell these of on the exchanges for next 12 months raising $1 million worth Bitcoin or Dollars each month for the next 12 months, which will pay for huge amount of development work on the post-fork Ethereum network.

Why waste the Ethereum developers time with a hypothetical scenario, which is never going to happen?
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 10:46:06 AM

I think people investing in ETC have a poor grasp on what adds value to every tool or service ever created.

So, I will put this into a binary explanation:

Direction A: removes flaws or aspects that reduce the value of the tool or service.

Direction B: add new features or improvements to the that tool or service.

Because Ethereum is a crypto currency, Direction A and Direction B will frequently require hard forks and soft forks, otherwise increases in the value of that tool or service can never happen.

I really don't think a crypto currency that never does any hard forks or soft forks will have any scope to increase its' fundamental value, because it will have very little scope to do either Direction.

Forks aren't the issue and this is what I mean, completely clueless...the issue is forking and altering transactions and fucking up the integrity of the blockchain. Not sure why that's so hard to understand, I guess because you just don't fuckin get it. Unless that's what your big "adding value" plan is lol!!?
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 10:50:53 AM

There is no point talking about something that is mathematically impossible, whenever the Ethereum Foundation want they have 12 million ETC, because ETC is pre-fork blockchain of the Ethereum Network.

They can sell these of on the exchanges for next 12 months raising $1 million worth Bitcoin or Dollars each month for the next 12 months, which will pay for huge amount of development work on the post-fork Ethereum network.

Why waste the Ethereum developers time with a hypothetical scenario, which is never going to happen?

bumble.......... is all i say to your math proves it . Grin.

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:16:00 AM

You're promoting a scam website
lol how do you know that? so your the judge? why not let the traders decide what it is? so much for immutability lol more like mute

im sorry but etc has SCAM written all over it.

The irony of that ETC thread is .. up there..

He really wants a immutable coin, but a very very mutable thread.

o_O

Immutability is just an excuse to pump and dump the ETC. I reckon the ETC will be dumped before the hacker's dump.

Stay, convert to ETC or BTC all bad choices ATM. You guys have the roof collapsing and don't know whre to find cover.

According to public information ETC is using the ETH blockchain up to the fork at block 1920000.

The ETH foundation has 12 million ETH too pay for future developments.

Therefore, because ETC is using the same blockchain up to the fork, it stands to reason that the ETH Foundation has 12 million ETC and it can sell these off on the exchanges to fund the development of Ethereum.

Therefore, I would like to thank ETC investors for helping to fund the future development of ETH.

I don`t understand how did you figured it out that they have 12 000 000 ETC. Can you show us the address or something? As of this moment Ethereum foundation officially have in their wallet around 1 million ETH. Explain it to us.

BTW: everybody with 2 alive brain cells can figure it out that ETC is just a quick profit and maybe in month or two ETC will be crap. It is not serious to talk about this coin in long term. But for now we don`t mind to make some free BTC on the back of stupid people who demand to be shaken.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:16:52 AM

Well, you need factor in serious depreciation of the BTC price of ETC as they go along, because buy orders tend to disappear under this kind of program.

Ethereum post-fork, itself will be going over to POS within the next 8 months.

This means the last 4-6 months sources of revenue for GPU mining will be reduced by 50%.

This all, effects what BTC sum you can actually get for 12 million ETC.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:22:25 AM

lol how do you know that? so your the judge? why not let the traders decide what it is? so much for immutability lol more like mute

o_O

Immutability is just an excuse to pump and dump the ETC. I reckon the ETC will be dumped before the hacker's dump.

Stay, convert to ETC or BTC all bad choices ATM. You guys have the roof collapsing and don't know whre to find cover.

According to public information ETC is using the ETH blockchain up to the fork at block 1920000.

Therefore, because ETC is using the same blockchain up to the fork, it stands to reason that the ETH Foundation has 12 million ETC and it can sell these off on the exchanges to fund the development of Ethereum.

Therefore, I would like to thank ETC investors for helping to fund the future development of ETH.

I don`t understand how did you figured it out that they have 12 000 000 ETC. Can you show us the address or something? As of this moment Ethereum foundation officially have in their wallet around 1 million ETH. Explain it to us.

BTW: everybody with 2 alive brain cells can figure it out that ETC is just a quick profit and maybe in month or two ETC will be crap. It is not serious to talk about this coin in long term. But for now we don`t mind to make some free BTC on the back of stupid people who demand to be shaken.

Last time, I researched Ethereum Specs, it came up with this returned google search as:

60 million ETH sold in a crowdfunding sale.

12 million ETH, set aside for Ethereum Foundation.

18 million ETH, set aside for POW stage (current stage).

Max coins supply, before POS is 90 million ETH.

POS implementation aimed toward 0% inflation.

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 11:36:38 AM

Well, you need factor in serious depreciation of the BTC price of ETC as they go along, because buy orders tend to disappear under this kind of program.

Ethereum post-fork, itself will be going over to POS within the next 8 months.

This means the last 4-6 months sources of revenue for GPU mining will be reduced by 50%.

This all, effects what BTC sum you can actually get for 12 million ETC.

but you forget the diff bomp
then read this what he sais about caspar
https://steemit.com/dao/@charleshosk/hoskus-parvum-opus-a-brief-sojourn-back-to-ethereum

if they rush it again they will fail big time
and again you miss a lot in your calculation.
lets wait and see how it looks end of the year

p4r4m0un7

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:07:05 PM

o_O

Last time, I researched Ethereum Specs, it came up with this returned google search as:

That was way before the fork. Here are the real numbers https://etherscan.io/accounts. 0xde0b295669a9fd93d5f28d9ec85e40f4cb697bae - (EthDev). As I have mansion they have some more than 1 mill. Even it was a little bit more at the moment of the fork, I don`t think it was much more than 1 mill and 500K. So I assume they have no more than 1 mill and 500K ETC. Nevertheless, I like all the FUD around ETC, cause it is a base for shakedowns of stupid people that believe in ETC and all crap coins like it. This is pure free easy BTC and ETH for me. I thank them all.
P.S. Look ATM. It was easy to buy ETH at 8 EUR price tag 2 days ago. Now is 10. After all the events it will be at the price tag before the hack. Meanwhile ETC will be shaken down another 4-5 times and then many stupid people will be left with their hands in their ..... to look out for dev or something, I don`t know. lol.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 12:54:49 PM

o_O

That was way before the fork. Here are the real numbers https://etherscan.io/accounts. 0xde0b295669a9fd93d5f28d9ec85e40f4cb697bae - (EthDev). As I have mansion they have some more than 1 mill. Even it was a little bit more at the moment of the fork, I don`t think it was much more than 1 mill and 500K. So I assume they have no more than 1 mill and 500K ETC. Nevertheless, I like all the FUD around ETC, cause it is a base for shakedowns of stupid people that believe in ETC and all crap coins like it. This is pure free easy BTC and ETH for me. I thank them all.
P.S. Look ATM. It was easy to buy ETH at 8 EUR price tag 2 days ago. Now is 10. After all the events it will be at the price tag before the hack. Meanwhile ETC will be shaken down another 4-5 times and then many stupid people will be left with their hands in their ..... to look out for dev or something, I don`t know. lol.

psss psss how hateful why so upset about a freemarket to decide ?
and you forget most etc holders are also eth holders

smile and most for sure do have btc
there is no black and white in this

so calm donw..... relax let the market decide ...........

Yaremi
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 02:19:35 PM

Зaлeтaй в нaш чaт http://allcrypto.chat/
loki0505

Activity: 494
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 04:14:28 PM

Devcon2 in 1month......eat a dick ETC.
ShapeShift.io

Activity: 448
Merit: 252

Follow us on our new account ShapeShift.com

View Profile WWW
August 04, 2016, 04:28:43 PM

Looking for a way to clean your ETH and ETC? Check out our brand new ShapeShift Ethereum Splitter! As seen on The Merkle: http://themerkle.com/shapeshift-introduces-new-ethereum-splitter-tool/

Or go straight to our blog post with directions: https://info.shapeshift.io/blog/2016/08/03/shapeshift-releases-ethereum-splitter-cleanly-separate-eth-and-etc

Follow us on our new profile: ShapeShift.com

dumana

Activity: 148
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:23:24 PM

I think people investing in ETC have a poor grasp on what adds value to every tool or service ever created.

Direction A: removes flaws or aspects that reduce the value of the tool or service.

Because Ethereum is a crypto currency, Direction A and Direction B will frequently require hard forks and soft forks, otherwise increases in the value of that tool or service can never happen.

I really don't think a crypto currency that never does any hard forks or soft forks will have any scope to increase its' fundamental value, because it will have very little scope to do either Direction.

Forks aren't the issue and this is what I mean, completely clueless...the issue is forking and altering transactions and fucking up the integrity of the blockchain. Not sure why that's so hard to understand, I guess because you just don't fuckin get it. Unless that's what your big "adding value" plan is lol!!?

The fork actually enhance the integrity of block chain. Many people do not want to see the stolen funds in the chain.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 05:51:28 PM

The fork actually enhance the integrity of block chain. Many people do not want to see the stolen funds in the chain.

Yelp, I'd agree, because no-one is going to want to build a business around a Network that does not care about criminal activity.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:15:47 PM

Those that keep going on about emootabillety lol understand Blockchain for BTC...they dont understand ETC blockchain...it does things differently, also the dao coins that were stolen could only be retreived because there was a 30+day withdraw limit. Changing this single tranasction was different because it did not require the entire rollback of the ETH chain and miner fees were not involved.

becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 04, 2016, 06:27:08 PM

Yelp, I'd agree, because no-one is going to want to build a business around a Network that does not care about criminal activity.

lol
Money doesn't care about criminal activity!
Money is Neutral with N like in Nature.
Does Nature care about criminal activities?

If Money isn't neutral that is not Money but coupons, vouchers, stamps, checks, tickets, bonds, certificates, notes, tokens... everything you want, but not Money! Money should account for everything that is in the economy and certainly crime is a part of every economy. There are many efficient ways to fight crime but destroying money isn't one of them because you'll make more harm than good!

A bitcoin in the hand of a criminal has same purchasing power like other bitcoins. Well, that is money!
Pages: « 1 ... 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 [506] 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: