Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 02:26:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004097 times)
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:28:13 AM

Solo mining ETH....

What would be a good hashrate to have to see at least 1 block found daily?

I'm just curious...

Short answer:
If you mine ETHC you have x7 better chance of finding a block than mining ETHF.
FruitBucket

Activity: 286
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:34:04 AM

Solo mining ETH....

I'm just curious...

Short answer:

The problem of mining ETC is that the ETC price is dropping fast. It is better to mine ETH and sell ETH for ETC, you will get more ETC.

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 08:56:20 AM

Solo mining ETH....

I'm just curious...

Short answer:

The problem of mining ETC is that the ETC price is dropping fast. It is better to mine ETH and sell ETH for ETC, you will get more ETC.
Actually ETHC price is pretty stable.

The future of Ethereum mining pools is to automatically switch mining between ETHC and ETHF depending on price and difficulty. I'll personally invest in such a mining pool.
frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 09:11:38 AM

You kids are still spamming the wrong thread.

At one point i hope you realize u've made ETC look unserious as fuck... this shit looks like yobit now.

Perryll

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 09:21:27 AM

Prediction: Exchanges to Drop ETC

Things do not look so good right now that we have tainted coins floating about. There is so much ambiguity, no legal definitions, no clear answers to who owns what from the original chain, anytime ETC moves all one needs to do is bother an Exchange and say that they are stolen funds on the move. Does an exchange want that? To spent its time and resources reassuring itself that the ETC is allowed to be exchanged?

This does not bode well for the future of ETC. Fungibility.

All ETC regardless will forever been viewed with suspicion regardless. Perhaps there is enough for an exchange to make on trading that they set up a tips line for ETC from now till for ever, a dedicated tracking team to filed false tips that stolen ETC are on the move.  This remains to be seen.

You guys don't seem to get it.

That money is gone. Code is law. We don't care.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:26:40 AM

Things do not look so good right now that we have tainted coins floating about. There is so much ambiguity, no legal definitions, no clear answers to who owns what from the original chain, anytime ETC moves all one needs to do is bother an Exchange and say that they are stolen funds on the move. Does an exchange want that? To spent its time and resources reassuring itself that the ETC is allowed to be exchanged?

All ETC regardless will forever been viewed with suspicion regardless. Perhaps there is enough for an exchange to make on trading that they set up a tips line for ETC from now till for ever, a dedicated tracking team to filed false tips that stolen ETC are on the move.  This remains to be seen.

in a way they make etc sound like the victim to be pitied. but
they forget the hacker that criminal mind is among those eth ethereum foundation guys. thats what i believe. couse they didnt give back that etc from the white hat hack .

so them are hackers . keeping what belongs to others.

tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:49:58 AM

Solo mining ETH....

I'm just curious...

Short answer:

The future of Ethereum mining pools is to automatically switch mining between ETHC and ETHF depending on price and difficulty. I'll personally invest in such a mining pool.

Coinotron.com already has this man, although etc has been most profitable over the last 2 days
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 10:52:33 AM

Yeah it's gone allright, the white hacker/foundation/devs wallets...classy as fuck, big businesses are gonna come knocking begging for eth. I'm sure of it.
becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:14:10 AM

Solo mining ETH....

I'm just curious...

Short answer:

Coinotron.com already has this man, although etc has been most profitable over the last 2 days
They have added ETHC/ETHF 'profit switch' just 2 days ago. Thanks for letting me know about that pool.
Do they automatically switch or miner has to manually do it?
bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 11:43:36 AM

Eth taking a big dump

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:50:50 AM

Eth taking a big dump

Price goes up and down and up all the time for every crypto-currency.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 11:57:29 AM

http://www.newsbtc.com/2016/07/26/case-ethereum-classic/

The Case for Ethereum Classic

The Ethereum hard fork to bail out the DAO Project was successful, but not without its consequences. Many assumed the old chain would simply die, however it has not only survived, but continues to grow under the name Ethereum Classic (ETC). This has forced cryptocurrency investors to make a choice on the immutability issue... here's why ETH fans should give ETC a chance.
Ethereum Classic Poloniex   

I am actually a huge fan of Vitalik Buterin’s. As a writer, when people ask me who I like to read and learn from, Vitalik’s one of the first name’s I mention. He helped shape my thoughts on the beauty of immutable ledgers.

That is why I was so upset when the DAO Project imploded. Because as intelligent as he and his fellow developers are, they are human beings, which makes them subject to normal pressures and biases. $50 million is a lot of money to most people, but especially for a young, grassroots group led by an inexperienced boy genius. That much money should never have been invested in such an experimental and community-backed project this early in the cryptocurrency game.

Unfortunately, it was; a brilliant hacker/not-hacker inevitably took the bait, and there was nothing Vitalik could realistically do about it. The DAO wasn’t his project. Disgruntled investors, however, would surely turn to him, and since their ranks included significant Ethereum miners—whose support the network needs—the hard fork was really a foregone conclusion.

It’s due to those extenuating circumstances that I still like the Ethereum team, and am sympathetic to their situation. Everyone makes mistakes. For better or worse, however, the cryptocurrency market operates on the principles of rational self interest, with game theory being a popular area of study, so mistakes have to have consequences. Otherwise, they will happen again.
Why It’s Necessary

Ethereum’s leadership cannot simply promise not to fork again because it will be outside of their control. The precedent here is that they will cave in the face of sufficient pressure, and they cannot prevent investors from making massive mistakes again in the future. The pitchforks will come out again, and if we’re not careful, it will start to be for gradually smaller and smaller grievances.

These consequences, therefore, are intended for the market—the developers are bystanders. In fact, everyone who owned ETH received an equal amount of ETC, so to the extent your ETH’s value was drained, you were compensated proportionally. The only people who really suffer directly from this are DAO token holders and developers, and to the extent that those two groups overlap, I do apologize.

But we still have to do this. Blockchains are not a democracy, where the majority can enforce its will. When a sufficient disagreement arises, the need for consensus requires us to go our separate ways. Our purchased coins contribute to the market cap and value of ETH, and we do not consent to the way it has been used. The value of ETH can only suffer in proportion to how much the market disagrees with the fork, which is entirely fair. Nobody is entitled to other people’s support.

DAO supporters hoped to ignore these criticisms, rendering them irrelevant for practical purposes. Now that Ethereum Classic is tradable on Poloniex, however, ETC cannot be laughed off as a valueless clone. In response, they have turned to attacking Classic’s merits, both figuratively and literally. While a couple of their arguments have some merit, ETC actually has a relatively decent shot at taking off and achieving massive returns for its investors.
A Good Investment?

Let me preface this by saying that this is not a low-risk investment. I did buy some ETC, but they amount to a small fraction of my cryptocurrency portfolio, which wasn’t that large to begin with. Please be cautious.

The biggest threat to Ethereum Classic is its relatively small P2P network and weaker encryption strength (hash power). In fact, one notable miner threatened to execute a 51% attack, but he later relented. That’s because while many cryptocurrencies on the market are weak enough to attack, doing so costs time and money and attracts retaliation. Major pools will certainly not find it worth the effort.

Still, it is a concern. Since Poloniex listed ETC, however, its hash power has doubled, and it spiked further in self defense when the 51% attack threat was initially issued. He no longer has enough hash power to carry it out, and the way things are going, it will probably stay that way.

Just in the process of writing this article, ETC jumped over 50%. Chinese exchanges, major pools, and OTC whales are now getting in on the action. If the price continues to rise, the mining community will be unable to resist lending Ethereum Classic their hash power—otherwise, the difficulty will be too low in comparison to the block reward. Free money never lasts long.

The essential problem is that unless you own DAO tokens, you have no reason to choose Ethereum over Ethereum Classic. They are basically the same thing with different recorded versions of history. The entire thing is open source, so if the Ethereum developers come out with new features, Ethereum classic will adopt them almost immediately (unless they’re similarly controversial). Any Ethereum developer with DAO tokens now works against himself.
Conclusion

Once you realize that ETH and ETC are equally functional, it becomes apparent that the network effect is all that stops the latter from gaining ground. Since neither has a competitive advantage, the market will choose ideologically.

The only way for Vitalik to nip this movement in the bud is to convince everyone that there is no way a hard fork like this will ever happen again. I would like to see that happen; I would like to see it happen for every blockchain, in fact. But the cold, ironic truth is that Ethereum Classic is the only way to do that. If and when ETC goes away, it will be because Ethereum has become pure once again.

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:16:10 PM

id like to know how that is going now

https://bitflikz.com/blogs/news/the-theft-of-a-1-billion-dollar-blockchain-community-legal-action-begins
 July 26, 2016
The Theft of a $1 Billion Dollar Blockchain -Ethereum/Slock.it Facing Legal Action

We have decided to launch legal action against the Ethereum foundation and the Slock.it development team. Please join us if you feel you have been effected in any way through the actions of the Ethereum foundation or Slock.it.

We are motivated by our crypto morals, ethics and the unspoken law within our culture. We are backed by the real word legal system and the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Not only do we challenge the foundation but we demand a full public Audit of the funds and transactions related to the Ethereum Foundation and developers.

Has there been a crime here?

Most certainly.

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:25:11 PM

The essential problem is that unless you own DAO tokens, you have no reason to choose Ethereum over Ethereum Classic. They are basically the same thing with different recorded versions of history. The entire thing is open source, so if the Ethereum developers come out with new features, Ethereum classic will adopt them almost immediately (unless they’re similarly controversial). Any Ethereum developer with DAO tokens now works against himself.

It is high time every die hard forker read this really veeeeeery slow and understand it!
titan20

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:33:08 PM

Hi people. If someone wants to do a crowdsale for their project/dapp. Where can i find these crowdsales? Is there a website with an overview or do you have to have the wallet installed to see the crowdsales?

cheers!

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8922

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2016, 12:33:36 PM

https://bitflikz.com/blogs/news/the-theft-of-a-1-billion-dollar-blockchain-community-legal-action-begins
 July 26, 2016
The Theft of a $1 Billion Dollar Blockchain -Ethereum/Slock.it Facing Legal Action

We have decided to launch legal action against the Ethereum foundation and the Slock.it development team. Please join us if you feel you have been effected in any way through the actions of the Ethereum foundation or Slock.it.

We are motivated by our crypto morals, ethics and the unspoken law within our culture. We are backed by the real word legal system and the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Not only do we challenge the foundation but we demand a full public Audit of the funds and transactions related to the Ethereum Foundation and developers.

Most certainly.

This bitflikz guy (or gal) is just a massive troll trying to grab attention and sell some t-shirts or whatever it is they're selling.
titan20

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:40:10 PM

It is high time every die hard forker read this really veeeeeery slow and understand it!

Does this mean that if a dapp is released for ETH it will also work for ETC but much cheaper (at current exchange prices).

Let's say you have a decentralised 'airbnb' app. It will work on both blockchains i assume, but the content will not automatically be on both?! If i want to rent my apartment and do it on the ETH blockchain it won't appear on the ETC blockchain. So if this is true then there is a big difference between ETH and ETC.

AUTO COIN

▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀                       ▀█▄
▄▄▄▄ ▄█                           █▄ ▄▄▄▄
█   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   █
▀▀█▀                                 ▀█▀▀
▄▀                                     ▀▄
▄▄▀▄▄▄▄                                 ▄▄▄▄▀▄▄
█       ▀▀▄                           ▄▀▀       █
█          █                         █          █
█▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█
▒▀▄       ██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██       ▄▀▒
▒█▀▀▀▀▄▄  █              ▀              █  ▄▄▀▀▀▀█▒
▒█      █ ▀▄                           ▄▀ █      █▒
▒▀▄▀▄▄▄▄▀  █▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀█  ▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▒
▒▒▒▀▄▄▄▄▄ █                             █ ▄▄▄▄▄▀▒▒▒
 ▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
      Stand-Alone Solutions Set to Revolutionize the Automotive Sector     
WEBSITEWHITEPAPERTWITTERTELEGRAMFACEBOOKYOUTUBEINSTAGRAM
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1447

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:44:29 PM

July 26, 2016

Most certainly.

"We are backed by the real word legal system and the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC). Not only do we challenge the foundation but we demand a full public Audit of the funds and transactions related to the Ethereum Foundation and developers."

Oh now you are backed by the very institutions that you despised. The problem with these people is that they have double standards. They themselves do not have solid base principles and just sway wherever it is advantageous for them. What is the matter with people today?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 12:52:30 PM
Last edit: August 11, 2016, 03:15:18 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

Not really,

Every investor or GPU miner wants too maximise the number of businesses built on a new Crypto Network.

Obviously, a crime prevention implementation for new businesses built on a New Crypto Network is a Noteworthy Deed

------------------------------------------------On the BTC or Dollar Price------------------------------------

It really does not matter to me where ETH too trade at $7 dollars or lower for entire POW period.

Because, GPU mining for accumulation is entirely focused on the Major Change: only the post-POS price is of importance to me.

These posts on this ANN, are not supposed to be used to pump the price.

They are solely feedback for the Ethereum Foundation and reminders of future appreciations in Ethereum values, since we've got ETC CAMPERS on this ANN Grin

becoin
Legendary

View Profile
August 11, 2016, 02:46:28 PM

Obviously, a crime prevention implementation for a new businesses built on a New Crypto Network is a Noteworthy Deed
Obviously, what is crime and what isn't must be decided by court of law and not by Ethereum central bankers.
Pages: « 1 ... 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 [521] 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: