Bitcoin Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003882 times)
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3654
Merit: 8909

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 03:35:31 AM

I think this whole "decentralization" thing isn't really working out for you. But it's ok, maybe you'll get the hang of it eventually, or you could just use a credit card.

I see my sweet thing Suchmoon has moved on to bigger and better projects to wreck.  How was your vacation? I hope you and your hubby had a good time.  I wanted to show a picture of how things are in the Suchmoon household- I like it when you smile Suchmoon (and I really like it when you are angry)

I can't really get angry at mentally disadvantaged individuals like yourself, just bemused is all. How long can you possibly stay butthurt about your piddly shitcoin scams? XPY died more than a year ago, BST - six months ago, ION is successfully fucking itself up without my help... am I forgetting something even more pathetic that I may have offended?

And what exactly am I wrecking here? ETH? ETC? Not sure how I could achieve either, even if I tried.

cmon guys, i dunno if this pic is really who its supposed to be and im not really suchmoons biggest fan...if fact suchmoon told me im their hobby,lol....

anyways...please delete the pic..no need for it here

i shocked etc thread mod would paste the pic here.
i cant believe you etc guys can turn on your own...suchmoon has been so helpful to you guys and this is what you do!!
thanks  Smiley

Chill. I'm not anyone's "own" nor does it matter who quotes some shitdoxer or other. Let's get back to bad math and other assorted mudslinging please.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 04:44:42 AM

Vitalik has been involved in earlier scams before the ethereum scam

He actually duped people into giving him bitcoin for "quantum mining"

Even Homero didn't lie that much

I didn't know anything about that. Tried to find some more infos and found this:

http://www.bitcoinerrorlog.com/2016/08/16/vitaliks-quantum-quest/

To be honest: I'm surprised! In my opinion it's about just two possibilities:

1. Intended scam?
2. "Just" naive?

I don't know of any other rational possibility here. And both of the above would be negative.

I go with "just naive". I do not think he intended to scam people in the beginning. Maybe he thinks it can really be done, which is naive or maybe it is just not doable to day and the idea is way ahead of its time. Recently I have been thinking the same of Ethereum whether the original or the fork. Vitalik himself might be starting to think that his platform is not viable for what he wants to happen.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:40:26 AM

I think this whole "decentralization" thing isn't really working out for you. But it's ok, maybe you'll get the hang of it eventually, or you could just use a credit card.

I see my sweet thing Suchmoon has moved on to bigger and better projects to wreck.  How was your vacation? I hope you and your hubby had a good time.  I wanted to show a picture of how things are in the Suchmoon household- I like it when you smile Suchmoon (and I really like it when you are angry)

I can't really get angry at mentally disadvantaged individuals like yourself, just bemused is all. How long can you possibly stay butthurt about your piddly shitcoin scams? XPY died more than a year ago, BST - six months ago, ION is successfully fucking itself up without my help... am I forgetting something even more pathetic that I may have offended?

And what exactly am I wrecking here? ETH? ETC? Not sure how I could achieve either, even if I tried.

cmon guys, i dunno if this pic is really who its supposed to be and im not really suchmoons biggest fan...if fact suchmoon told me im their hobby,lol....

anyways...please delete the pic..no need for it here

i shocked etc thread mod would paste the pic here.
i cant believe you etc guys can turn on your own...suchmoon has been so helpful to you guys and this is what you do!!
thanks  Smiley

Chill. I'm not anyone's "own" nor does it matter who quotes some shitdoxer or other. Let's get back to bad math and other assorted mudslinging please.
i like your attitude

thats the best way to deal with a stalker

about the subject

we are all seeking a new way of law

then investigation is what threads like this do

a sumary of facts not so much facts and opinions . and also rumors
with time the facts become clear.

and its decentraliced which is good but it would need a more structured form
any ideas ?

roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 06:45:34 AM

I didn't know anything about that. Tried to find some more infos and found this:

1. Intended scam?
2. "Just" naive?

I don't know of any other rational possibility here. And both of the above would be negative.

I go with "just naive". I do not think he intended to scam people in the beginning. Maybe he thinks it can really be done, which is naive or maybe it is just not doable to day and the idea is way ahead of its time. Recently I have been thinking the same of Ethereum whether the original or the fork. Vitalik himself might be starting to think that his platform is not viable for what he wants to happen.
you could be right.

i do get the feeling he already moved on.

maybe he seeks a job with microsoft .... but thats just thoughts.

he is a coder he is deep in his mind forming structures but i think he is not much in reality and if reality gets tough he tends to dive into code develeoping that calms his emotions. but thats just an impression i got .

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Merit: 1440

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:02:35 AM

Hehehe. After what happened with Ethereum and all the decisions made in the face of difficulty plus allegations of involvement in scamming, I do not think any tech company will hire him now. His career in the cryptosphere may be over after Ethereum. I speculate that the foundation is just waiting for their funds to run out, after that maybe they will disband and leave the platform in the hands of the "community". They will declare that it was their intention from the beginning.

███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:26:52 AM

In Reply

Clearly, the ETC crowd know very little about businesses and they have no awareness of business and entrepeneurial history!

Peter Jones - from the UK version of Dragon Den fame, 1st business went bankrupt a common part of the learning curve

Simon Cowell - from X Factor fame, went bankrupt in his thirties a common part of learning curve

The failure of a person's 1st business does not really make much difference to long term success in future ventures!

Vitalik Buterin has, clearly, learnt from his 1st business experiences and improved his business acumen.

And, it curious how the other developers never get mentioned:

Gavin Wood →Lead C++ developer
Jeffrey Wilcke → Lead Go developer
Anthony Di Iorio → Founder and Executive Director of the Bitcoin Alliance of Canada, Bitcoin Decentral, KryptoKit
Mihai Alisie → Founder of Bitcoin Magazine and Egora
Joseph Lubin → Software engineer, Quantitative Analyst
Stephan Tual →Founder of Ursium, Communication
LiQio
Legendary

Activity: 1181
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:52:15 AM

^
I was actually thinking that you hit rock bottom already...  Roll Eyes
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 08:54:00 AM
Last edit: August 17, 2016, 09:07:32 AM by thevictimofuktyranny

Lock up Vitalik!

https://twitter.com/ragnarly/status/765627240008736768

LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP! LOCK HIM UP!

Another illiterate post by you - are you trying to set world record for the crappiest posts in Bitcointalk history!

Closing a business down, is one of most heavily regulated processes in countries (lots of laws).

There is no evidence of any impropriety and your post is like yourself is: ridiculous!

frostminer

Activity: 742
Merit: 505

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2016, 08:56:36 AM

Mornin!

Everything is normal here i see.  
The usual kids are trying their hardest to make ETC look crap.
I guess 0.0032 will be the roof if this keeps up.

Its really amusing seeing how much energy you guys put into this.
And for the reverse reward ... how ironic.

I guess we'll see this every time there is some mention of ETH anywhere.

tempus
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1128

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:07:51 AM

1. Intended scam?
2. "Just" naive?

Yes, I also believe more in naivety. Nobody can deny that VB is very smart and I believe he is truly a visionary. But he is also young and unexperienced. Three years ago he just was 19.

The problem I believe to see is: Maybe he is somebody who is so convinced about his abilities, so self-confident when he thinks about his visions as theoretical possibilities that he can't distinguish between "theoretically possible" and "doesn't match to reality now". I'm not sure how to explain it in english but it can be a problem. And of course it's pure speculation. But I personally always was very uncertain about Ethereum because for me it all seems like a laboratory, like a playground for nerds. And many are very skilled regarding the tech but there must be something like megalomania (in general) and they rush things out. Again and again, just to do it. That's not just a guess because theDAO made that obvious. And the problem in Crypto is: It's never just about the tech. It's a very psychological space because it's about the combination of tech and economy. In fact it's about solving collective social problems, human-psychological-problems, with technology. And that's a reason why it's overwhelming for a lot of very skilled coders, because they focus too much on the technology while they miss the psychological part. Or more precise: They believe to consider it, but it's not deep enough.

And that's a reason why I personally believe more in people with a lot of experience who act with more patience and more cautiousness, like Maid or Factom or also Bitcoin-Core - even if I'm not convinced that Bitcoin-Core is right.

And I believe VB will be a very big name in some years and also very successful. I also believe he is a good guy without bad intentions. But I don't believe that it will be about Ethereum. Maybe they've made too many steps into a direction that won't work in reality but can't be solved.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:07:08 PM

Looking at the ETH BTC price chart and ETH Dollar conversions  - since February 2016, you can see the has not been persistently below 0.015; any prediction about this BTC price appears to be very unrealistic.

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/

Since February 2016, Ethereum has only traded at BTC price of (persistently) 0.015 on 2 occasions.

1) July: About $10.60 = BTC was trading around $746 per coin
2) August: About 8.38 = BTC was trading around $583 per coin

However, looking at the chart again:

http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/ethereum/

It is good guide of persistent prices, e.g. a price that lasted for many hour of trading, not micro movements that for 1-2 hour, which people can get fixated by.

However, as counter balance, since Feb 2016.

Ethereum has hit a peak BTC price above 0.033 on 2 occasions as well!

1) March, $15.15 = BTC trading around $415 per coin
2) May, $14.56 = BTC trading around $440 per coin

And, the record high dollar price for Ethereum:

1) June, $21.40, when BTC was trading around $774 per coin

Consequently, you wouldn't want to be making BTC price predictions on Ethereum, unless you'd want your reputation to be trash on this ANN Grin
Judge-Dredd

Activity: 517
Merit: 257

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:31:25 PM

I would like to welcome myself to the ANN thread for the Central Bank of Cryptocurrency.

Keep doing you ETHf. The mightiest bubble in all of cryptography.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
CryptoTalk.org| 
MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!
🏆
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:43:05 PM

ETHF is a dead coin now. There is no external inflow of fiat or bitcoin and it will continue to bleed until the collapse. Only chance for ethereum to succeed if Foundation recognize mistake they made and revert to original classic chain.
Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:53:40 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1VK8BLf5Ls
Rouleth : How to play on Chrome with MetaMask
Published on 14 Aug 2016
The Next Step in The Ðapp RΞvolution is HERE : Leave Your Wallets Behind !
Rouleth is now fully web3 compatible, you can now play with Metamask plugin for Chrome.
No more copy pasting of transaction data, no more alt tabing.
Just a real gaming experience, fully integrated with the blockchain !

https://www.reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/4xu94r/rouleth_how_to_play_on_chrome_with_metamask/?st=irzfpo3t&sh=731e35d8

http://www.rouleth.com/

ive actually made a few ETH from this...so far im impressed, welldone Team Rouleth  Smiley

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
ja23

Activity: 753
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 09:56:42 PM

I remember when this came out. I read almost 80 pages, I was ready to invest, join the email thing for ICO update, then left bitcointalk because work was taking so much time. Never got an email and never got to invest in Ethereum.  Sad
Etheres

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 17, 2016, 10:59:12 PM

https://etheres.com

Just a reminder that our 0% fees promotion is still running till the end of October! We have found over 75 blocks so far, and over 500 payments have been sent.

So what are you all waiting for? Come and join us and mine some Ethereum!
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 12:09:27 AM
Last edit: August 18, 2016, 12:26:33 AM by thevictimofuktyranny

I've been doing some, for the fun of it, benchmarking of Ethereum Network's Hardware and Implementation.

Done on old PC, running an old Phenom 920 triple core processor.

Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.

London's Cable Network provider with surfing speeds of 100mbs per second and download speeds up to 17mbs per second.

The entire 60GB plus blockchain for Ethereum Network can be downloaded in just 40 minutes.

As a comparison with the ETC Network.

There entire 60GB plus blockchain for ETC has taken 420 minutes (7 hours) to download.

Yelp, the Hardware and Implementation on Ethereum Network is 10 times faster than the ETC Network!

Mrpumperitis
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1075

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 01:29:06 AM

The time is near to get in or be left behind forever....Ethereum(ETH) is about to set a new standard for ALL cryptocoins inc BTC.

We are under 2weeks away from Raiden and trust me there is alooooooooot of fuel stored ready to take this beyond $25 overnight....

Technically Bitcoin is a fork and Bitcoin Cash is the original blockchain.When the hard fork occurred, people had access to the same amount of coins on Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash.- NIST
Sm00kew

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 18, 2016, 05:27:59 AM

Here is first daily timber report generated by BVRio!  Grin
http://etherscan.io/address/0xc723d744dd32780c6f5cef4705e99919e77879d7

❘|❘ ICONOMI  Fund Management Platform
bitpop
Legendary

Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2016, 07:20:38 AM

Developers cannot develop on ethereum because eth will enforce forks, copyrights and trademarks.

Pages: « 1 ... 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 [533] 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: