Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:26:20 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 1311 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2004320 times)
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1004

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 09:52:23 AM

I think you guys are confused? Cheesy

This is the ETH ANN not the ETC - ETC posting crap here is not going to go down well.

Not, that you guys are learning.

You keep writing about ETC and some person read what you written, who had ETC stolen from their ETC-QT wallet. He/She posted a question for you lot to answer.

You've offered no explanation as too how coins can be stolen out of a ETC-QT wallet.

Why don't you answer it? More people have had ETH stolen.

Why don't you answer why this guy lost $50,000 of ETH? https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4yru3h/scared_and_confused/

Is Vitalik so smart he didn't use checksums like Bitcoin had from day one?

There is vast difference, from exchange wallet errors on withdrawals and deposits - I've had 8 of those in past 2 years for various Alts

The guy posted about, his home computer and ETC-QT wallet having coins disappear.

Exchange wallet errors on withdrawals and deposit are a pretty common experience - nobody posts that stuff on ANN.

They use the exchange's support page.

This guys was posting about his home computer and ETC coins disappear from it, which is entirely different thing.

You guys refuse to offer an explanation as too how a ETC-QT wallet on a home computer can have coins disappear!

bitpop
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1060

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 09:56:35 AM

This is the ETH ANN not the ETC - ETC posting crap here is not going to go down well.

You keep writing about ETC and some person read what you written, who had ETC stolen from their ETC-QT wallet. He/She posted a question for you lot to answer.

You've offered no explanation as too how coins can be stolen out of a ETC-QT wallet.

Why don't you answer why this guy lost $50,000 of ETH? https://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/4yru3h/scared_and_confused/

There is vast difference, from exchange wallet errors on withdrawals and deposits - I've had 8 of those in past 2 years for various Alts

The guy posted about, his home computer and ETC-QT wallet having coins disappear.

Exchange wallet errors on withdrawals and deposit are a pretty common experience - nobody posts that stuff on ANN.

They use the exchange's support staff page.

This guys was posting about his home computer and ETC coins disappear from it, which is entirely different thing.

You guys refuse to offer an explanation as too how a ETC-QT wallet on a home computer can have coins disappear!

ETH has failed to explain how MANY users went home, got on their home computer and had his coins DISAPPEAR. Is there a hacker in ETH?

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:12:02 AM

They use the exchange's support staff page.

ETH has failed to explain how MANY users went home, got on their home computer and had his coins DISAPPEAR. Is there a hacker in ETH?

You are just making that up!

Why has nobody posted that here or reported that to the Ethereum Foundation.

Oh, that's right - nobody knows who behind ETC!

Oh, that's right - no-one can report strange behaviour with ETC-QT wallets to a Foundation with named developers.

Oh, that's right - you are completely stuffed, should anything go wrong with the ETC-QT wallet.

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 10:17:06 AM

ETH is fraudulent and centralized by a greedy foundation harvesting all the money they can before they disappear.

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 10:26:41 AM

ETH is fraudulent and centralized by a greedy foundation harvesting all the money they can before they disappear.

You claim to represent ETC - you offered that guy no help at all?

You've not asked him to PM you.

You've not asked him to send some screen shots through.

You've not launched an investigation.

All you do is re-post on this ANN the same post you wrote out 4 weeks ago with a few word changes and think people will take you seriously.

kaeste

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:07:16 AM

Is there any moderator? Last 100 pages are barelly unreadable because of fud/spam
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:15:08 AM

ETH is not viable, the first definition of a blockchain is immutability otherwise it's just a database.

ETC is not viable because it is supported by thieves for thieves.  Any blockchain that allows the easy theft of it currency is doomed because there are a limited number of victims.

How is it supported by thieves? I think you meant ethf is supported by thieves. If code is law, why was it rolled back to save investors asses? It's their fault for putting money in to a contract with flawed code.

Also, how the hell does it allow easy theft? It's an actual blockchain. Not an investor database like ethf.

I will let you know the answers to your questions as soon as I get back the ETC that was stolen from my account - twice.

I asked a while ago if you have TX IDs for those "stolen" ETC. Do you have those?

Looking at your original post regarding the issue it looks more like a problem with the way you tried to determine your balance than actual theft but I would like to know more.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1567565.msg15900366#msg15900366

Here is what you need to know.  I mined 18+ ETC one day and left it in my wallet.  That balance is the wallet balance displayed by the wallet, not something I calculated.  Two days later I looked in my wallet and found on 8 ETC.  Again, that was the wallet showing me my balance an not a calculation.

I had posted a similar problem a few days earlier where I had half of my 15 ETC balance "disappear" for no reason.  When I posted a question how that could happen I got an answer about I went off on a fork and mined blocks that were later invalidated and so m balance was reduced  - which would be plausible if the lost of the balance was quick and not a day later.

I have been at this long enough to know that when coins disappear after 2 days its not a wrong fork.  It is almost 100% theft.  The second time I lost coins the geth console showed a message about "a possible replay attack".

The problem I have is that those who support ETC believe if someone took my coins it was not theft.  It is allowed by the code and therefore is the law.  They believe the thief should keep my coins and I an out of luck.  Hence, ETC is supported by thieves for thieves.

We don't really need to drag matlock in here to solve this one, do we dude? That sounds like the work of those crazy rascals and they're hats.
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:17:37 AM

You claim to represent ETC - you offered that guy no help at all?

You've not asked him to PM you.

You've not asked him to send some screen shots through.

You've not launched an investigation.

All you do is re-post on this ANN the same post you wrote out 4 weeks ago with a few word changes and think people will take you seriously.

Oh shit, you didn't get the memo, dudes a bot. Sorry, someone must have rolled back my note taking database.
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 11:38:21 AM

Is there any moderator? Last 100 pages are barelly unreadable because of fud/spam
Yep, 100 pages ago ethereum was cloned to bail out DAO speculators. Since then fraudsters that support the fork are spreading fud about classic chain.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 12:02:07 PM

Getting back to Eth and Ethereum Network.

I've been benchmarking the AMD GPU, in relations to Claymore's Dual Miner (the miner produces detail benchmarking statistics) and I've found an interesting discovery with coding of AMD's opencl.

If, you put AMD GPU's on a AMD Chipset/CPU combination and benchmark the rate of Ethereum shares found per hour.

Then, you take those same AMD GPU's and put them on Intel chipset/CPU and benchmark the rate of Ethereum shares found per hour.

I'm getting 8.5% extra shares found per hour on an AMD Chipset/CPU when compare to the same GPUs on a Intel Chipset/CPU combination.

It should be noted, all the clocks and memory settings are identical. The hashrate is identical on both chipsets/CPU combinations.

It appears: the primary coding work for Opencl was done on AMD chipsets and CPUs, and then they did some secondary coding to make it compatibility with Intel Chipsets and CPUs.

Consequently, when mining with AMD GPU's, you get best efficiency in share found at the poolside you need an AMD chipset and CPU for Dagger, because Opencl works better AMD motherboards and CPU architectures.  

Since, the ETH you get paid at the pool is decided by shares found - its quite big margin in AMD GPU mining profitability!

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 01:00:45 PM

I think Matlack can help with many things for ETH. He is a pastor.

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:06:17 PM

That's seem odd, out of place with his with Wikipedia outline bio - it seems he had quite a varied career:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Matlack

bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 01:30:53 PM

That's seem odd, out of place with his with Wikipedia outline bio - it seems he had quite a varied career:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timothy_Matlack

https://i.imgur.com/oEorTP9.jpg

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:47:15 PM

STOP WASTING MY TIME WITH STUFF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ETHEREUM OR MINING ETHEREUM

I've been benchmarking the 1070's for dual mining SC and ETH on Windows 7, using Nvidia 369.05 drivers provided by Claymore's for his Dual Miner!

Special setting: deactivated "Desktop Manager" via "Services".

Nvidia GPU's Compute appears to be coded primarily for Intel Chipsets and CPUs, lower share rates will be experienced on AMD Chipsets and CPUs.

DO NOT SET A FAST OR SLOW SETTING (-etha 0 or 1)

It appears: the sweet spot is 50, this maximises the Ethereum shares found per hour for each 1070's hashpower.

Below 50, you lose a lot of shares accepted per hour on ETH and above 50 you lose a lost of shares accepted per hour on ETH.

For example: at SC setting of 70, you see a 6.29% drop in Ethereum shares accepted found, but hashpower has only been reduced by 1.9% in the dual mining mode.

Therefore, you end up being 4.39% worse off, in ETH mining efficiency.

Should people find the the sweet spot for dual mining ETH and Decred for some 1070s, please post a reply.

Equally, some benchmarks for the sweet spot dual mining on Linux would be nice as well  Smiley
bitpop
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2016, 01:48:59 PM

STOP WASTING MY TIME WITH STUFF THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ETHEREUM OR MINING ETHEREUM

I've been benchmarking the 1070's for dual mining SC and ETH on Windows 7, using Nvidia 369.05 drivers provided by Claymore's for his Dual Miner!

Nvidia GPU's Compute appears to be coded primarily for Intel Chipsets and CPUs, lower share rates will be experienced on AMD Chipsets and CPUs.

It appears: the sweet spot is 50, this maximises the Ethereum shares found per hour for each 1070's hashpower.

Below 50, you lose a lot of shares accepted per hour on ETH and above 50 you lose a lost of shares accepted per hour on ETH.

For example: at SC setting of 70, you see a 6.29% drop in Ethereum shares accepted found, but hashpower has only been reduced by 1.9% in the dual mining mode.

Should people find the the sweet spot for dual mining ETH and Decred for 1070, please post a reply.

Equally, some benchmarks for the sweet spot dual mining on Linux would be nice as well  Smiley

None of your benchmarks matter when the chain can be forked or go pos...

thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 01:50:54 PM

Should people find the the sweet spot for dual mining ETH and Decred for 1070, please post a reply.

Equally, some benchmarks for the sweet spot dual mining on Linux would be nice as well  Smiley

None of your benchmarks matter when the chain can be forked or go pos...

Yawn, yawn, yawn
oneyesoneno

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:11:49 PM

guys... is mist browser... an ethereum wallet that the user did not have to download the blockchain to run... is already available? if it is.. where can i download it? it seems like i am kinda lost to find it.
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 03:18:07 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 03:29:03 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

I going too be releasing the benchmarking setting for Dualmining ETH and SC with Claymore's Dualminer for AMD GPU's, for 200 series and 300 series GPUs.

Just posting test settings and hardware setups:

1) Phenom 555 dual core processer, 1 core disabled and overclocked to 3.5Ghz.
2) Asus Crosshair Formula IV motherboard
3) Antec PSU 850watts
4) 8GB DDR3 running at 1066mhz (faulty memory controller on Phenom and can only run memory at the lower speed).

Firstly, running the CPU at 3.5Ghz does result in more shares accepted per hour, when dualmining, but above 3.5Ghz their is no extra shares found per hour. By disabling 1 core in motherboard bios, you can bring the electricity usage back down to an acceptable level.

Window 7 OS

Special settings:

1) Aero graphics disabled and put into High Contrast Black.
2) "Desktop Manager" disabled via "Services".
3) Crimson Edition 16.8.2 Hotfix - latest drivers

GPUs

1) earliest iteration of R9 290 (ASUS) - overclocked to 1100mhz and memory 1300mhz. Powerlimit 20% Sweet Spot for Mining ETH and SC.

*Powerlimit above or below 20% produce less shares accepted per hour.
*Can be overclocked to 1150mhz with 50mvolts, but produces less shares per hour, then when no extra voltage is added for solo mining.
*Dual mining can be overclocked 1130mhz with 50mvolts, but produces less shares per hour, then when no extra voltage is added for dual mining.

2) XFX Radeon R7 370 2GB Double Dissipation - overclocked too 1180mhz and memory overclocked too 1500mhz, Powerlimit 20% Sweet Spot for Mining ETH and SC.

No options on MSI Afterburner to change Powerlimit above 20% or add extra mvolts.

Notes: These 2 GPUs produce 8.5% less shares accepted per an hour on Intel Chipsets and CPUs. Opencl appears to be primarily coded for AMD chipsets and CPUs.

The Benchmarks for AMD GPUs has taken 2 weeks of testing - so I'm not going to do a similarly benchmark to find the sweet point for dual mining ETH and DECRED.

Those benchmarks will be posted in a couple of hours, just rerunning another session of mining.
Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:28:31 PM

Yep, 100 pages ago ethereum was cloned to bail out DAO speculators. Since then fraudsters that support the fork are spreading fud about classic chain.

I do not see much fud about the classic chain. There are many posts here posted by the Classic supporters as I can see.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
thevictimofuktyranny
Legendary

View Profile
August 22, 2016, 05:45:42 PM
Last edit: August 22, 2016, 06:38:24 PM by thevictimofuktyranny

IT TIME TO FINALLY, RELEASE THE BENCHMARK SWEET SPOT FOR DUAL MINING ETH AND SC. 200 series and 300 series AMD GPUs

And, yes - you may fall off you chair or spill you cup of tea Grin

Mining Software: Claymore's Dual Miner 6.2 release for Windows and Linux.  3% better hash-rate then public releases.

Fees paid to Claymore:

1% for solo pool mining ETH.

2% for dual mining ETH and SC or ETH and DECRED.

Set all GPUs to -etha 1 (for slow cards for dual mining).

This benchmarks has taken 2 weeks of testing, test rig settings and special settings outlined in earlier post.  

Dual Mining ETH and SC sweet spot setting is: -dcri 22

Solo mining ETH is less efficient then dual mining ETH and SC, efficiency of shares found per hour is better by 2.5%.

Yes, you read that correctly everybody - dual mining ETH and SC gets you more ETH at the pool, than solo mining ETH by itself.

Why would this be the case: these GPUs were built for gaming loads - give the GPUs the correct load and you get more efficiency and more ETH at pool.

Above a setting of -dcri 22 for dual mining - you lose a lot of ETH at the pool.

Setting -dcri 40, reduction in ETH hashrate is 8%.

However, there is 14.6% drop in shares found per hour at the pool.

Net disadvantage of this higher SC setting is: -6.6% compared to the reduction in ETH hashrate.  

So, loading AMD GPU's with just right amount of workload get's you the most found shares per an hour for ETH at the pool.

Please post the sweet spot for dual mining ETH and DECRED!
Pages: « 1 ... 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 [539] 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 ... 1311 »
  Print  

Jump to: