Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:07:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 1310 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Ethereum: Welcome to the Beginning  (Read 2003998 times)
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 06:26:49 AM

What new in latest mist release?

The latest version of Mist 0.8.6 adds a possibility to update automatically the ethereum client, without need of a new Mist version and it checks the current client version against clientBinaries.json.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
roselee
Legendary

Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:35:16 AM

mine works, even my rigs powered with conventional disks.

try nuking your chaindata and resync with --fast.

some of the block with malicious calculations refer back to previous blocks to crunch more data. limiting the bulk of old blocks to headers only curbs the amount of erroneous calculations needed to process (and sync) a block.
how to resync with --fast ?
would you be so kind and give a step by step list ?

In windows open cmd.
Go to directory where your geth is
Enter geth --fast
I am not sure  but you probably should start from zero so you should delete old chain data (blocks).. search for removedb

ok thank you, i will try this and give feedback couse i think there are otheres with the same problem

and for info me os is win7
geth mist 0.8.6

Wesiematic

Activity: 437
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:59:04 AM

some of the block with malicious calculations refer back to previous blocks to crunch more data. limiting the bulk of old blocks to headers only curbs the amount of erroneous calculations needed to process (and sync) a block.

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast
I am not sure  but you probably should start from zero so you should delete old chain data (blocks).. search for removedb

ok thank you, i will try this and give feedback couse i think there are otheres with the same problem

geth mist 0.8.6

Thank you too, have also massive problems to get the mist client synced, will give it a try.

there is always a light at the end of the tunnel...
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:20:30 PM

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast

geth mist 0.8.6

Thank you too, have also massive problems to get the mist client synced, will give it a try.
does anyone know how big chaindata gets ? blocks are almost synced but chain structure as at 13 mil and keeps counting up. whole chaindate is right now around 9.3 gb

Casabrandy

Activity: 837
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:46:38 PM

ETH only holds when prices decline

The dollar price of the ETH is quite stable. But the price in bitcoin is dropping at the moment. that is due to the rise of bitcoin.

VER
       ,█████████p
      ,███████████.
      d███████████b
     d█████P ██████b
    ,██████' `██████.
    d█████P   Y█████b
   d██████     ██████L
  ,██████P     ]██████.
  ███████       Y██████
 d██████L__   __J██████b
,██████████   ██████████p
███████████   ███████████

Our project will provide you with the most
favorable terms of trade, user-friendly interface,
as well as a high level of protection of our platform.

.VeraExchange.
...NEW ERA OF EXCHANGE...

.April 22th.

..JOIN NOW..
becoin
Legendary

Activity: 3431
Merit: 1233

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 03:56:41 PM

ETH only holds when prices decline

The dollar price of the ETH is quite stable. But the price in bitcoin is dropping at the moment. that is due to the rise of bitcoin.

Speaks volumes who is supporting ETHF.
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 07:53:43 PM

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast

Also, you can try using the following command:

Code:
geth --fast --cache=1024

Notice that the difference here is the cache size which is 1GB. This greatly improves syncing performance for geth in which it may take from 30 min to more depending on your system to get fully synced.

But still, as of now I have been getting trouble syncing as geth displays a message which reads: gas used error. The only solution here would be to delete all chain files, and start all over from scratch. (which is something that takes time in case that it fails again with an error message)

As for now, I think that the only workaround here would be to use the online myetherwallet. (until the Ethereum Foundation sorts all these issues out) I have a feeling that ETH might emerge stronger than ever, once these issues are solved (like the DDoS attacks, smart contract security, and more).  Undecided

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
zoza14

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:18:30 PM

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast

geth mist 0.8.6

does anyone know how big chaindata gets ? blocks are almost synced but chain structure as at 13 mil and keeps counting up. whole chaindate is right now around 9.3 gb

31+ millions and there are huge chances that it will get error messages while syncing. I had encountered these error messages at 15 million mark. Then you have to start all over again. After weeks of trying to sync I finally gave up. This whole situation is just nerve wracking. I have used myetherwallet to send the funds to an exchange and have ordered ledger nano s where I will transfer my ether funds when I get it.

I love ether, I love bitcoin as well. I won't give up on ethereum, but I can't lose my nerves on syncing issues no more. Life is more precious than that! Smiley
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:32:20 PM

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast

geth mist 0.8.6

31+ millions and there are huge chances that it will get error messages while syncing. I had encountered these error messages at 15 million mark. Then you have to start all over again. After weeks of trying to sync I finally gave up. This whole situation is just nerve wracking. I have used myetherwallet to send the funds to an exchange and have ordered ledger nano s where I will transfer my ether funds when I get it.

I love ether, I love bitcoin as well. I won't give up on ethereum, but I can't lose my nerves on syncing issues no more. Life is more precious than that! Smiley

my problem is i do this for a friend.
he didnt update his ether wallet for a long time
its predaofork
how do i use myetherwallet ?
could you help with a step by step advice ?

zoza14

Activity: 79
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:46:27 PM

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast

geth mist 0.8.6

its predaofork

1. go to myetherwallet
2. go to send ether
3. check keystore file
4. select your wallet file (that's your private key that you can find it in the keystore folder)
5. enter the password and unlock your funds
6. send to the address you want

Just consider this address as compromised, move all your funds somewhere else and don't ever use it. I was shaking my ass off while doing this, as just a thought came to my mind what if myetherwallet is compomised, but I have done it without any problems.
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 08:50:58 PM

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast

geth mist 0.8.6

its predaofork

1. go to myetherwallet
2. go to send ether
3. check keystore file
4. select your wallet file (that's your private key that you can find it in the keystore folder)
5. enter the password and unlock your funds
6. send to the address you want

Just consider this address as compromised, move all your funds somewhere else and don't ever use it. I was shaking my ass off while doing this, as just a thought came to my mind what if myetherwallet is compomised, but I have done it without any problems.

the coins i have to move belong to a friend
the coins are nto splited yet
did you move yours to polo ? or another exchange ?

wareck

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 26, 2016, 10:03:02 PM
Last edit: October 28, 2016, 05:22:32 AM by wareck

Hi

After two week of slow sync I found a solution.
I use three computer and 2 different adsl lines.  Undecided
I takes long time I was always late about 1500 blocks
Every time I catch my late, I loose peers and again after connected 1500 ~ 2000 block late ...

After passing all "bad blocks" now my wallet sync very fast.

I build a "boostrap" ... until ethereum team find a good solution to fix this slow sync and DoS attacks you can use it.

How to uses my "bootstrap" files :

Olivier

ps: files are uploading, i'll put link after finish
CoinCidental
Legendary

Activity: 1316

Si vis pacem, para bellum

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 04:13:11 AM

In windows open cmd.
Enter geth --fast

geth mist 0.8.6

Nearly 50 GB at the moment
roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 06:13:55 AM

thats what i found on eth mist troubleshooting page :

Mist is synchronized but is stuck during the last part

Each time the Wallet is started it needs to sync the chain with the network. The first time it needs to download and verify the entire chain which can take a long time. Therefore a smarter and faster solution is used the first time the Wallet is started. It will not download and verify the entire chain but will only download specific parts up to a specific block (latest block - 1024 blocks). After that it will download and process the state of the contracts which can take quite some time. So please wait an let it finish downloading the state, otherwise it would start from scratch again. You can find more details here: https://github.com/ethereum/go-ethereum/pull/1889.

(latest block - 1024 blocks)thats where mine stucks and then loads in again and stucks
so its not a bug its how it is designed

well i give it another try
new day new game

roselee
Legendary

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:04:52 AM

hi all finaly it worked
what i did

i updated to 0.8.7
and had it run for a couple of hours now its updated and i could replace the new keystore file with the old one from backup
all coins are in there
right now i try to split them at polo

Khaan.jamil010

Activity: 62
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:07:01 AM

about Etherum how much expline its not much really i love Ethereum
NanoPipe

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 05:11:16 PM

about Etherum how much expline its not much really i love Ethereum

Any idea why the price of Ethereum dropped so much recently? Is that due to the second hard fork?
Abiky
Legendary

Activity: 3192
Merit: 1359

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
October 27, 2016, 10:15:51 PM

Any idea why the price of Ethereum dropped so much recently? Is that due to the second hard fork?

I think that it most certainly is as a result of the second hard fork. Ethereum has so many flaws (security issues) and has gone through so many controversies, that maybe this has resulted in many investors to get out of ETH. Also, ETC's price is declining but in the bright side I hope that ETH becomes stronger after all of these past events.

I think that it would be wise to buy a few ETH while this happens. Maybe then, after all of this is solved prices could go all the way up again. Just sharing my opinion.   Grin

███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
IncludeBeer
Legendary

Activity: 1164
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 01:39:21 AM

I think that it most certainly is as a result of the second hard fork. Ethereum has so many flaws (security issues) and has gone through so many controversies, that maybe this has resulted in many investors to get out of ETH. Also, ETC's price is declining but in the bright side I hope that ETH becomes stronger after all of these past events.

I think that it would be wise to buy a few ETH while this happens. Maybe then, after all of this is solved prices could go all the way up again. Just sharing my opinion.   Grin

I doubt that.  Perhaps a small part, but updates to the protocol that fix security issues is no reason for a price drop, and that's what the recent releases have been about.  Furthermore, this update wasn't a controversial one at all, so I don't understand the reasoning behind why this would deflate the price.  Much more likely: it's because of the BTC price rising. It's very very typical for alt coin prices to fall as BTC price rises.  This has been observed many times before, on many different blockchains.

Grow the Dividend Snek! (pm me if you have questions)
https://powh.io/?masternode=0x1f9b145fdaef2b82aef29c2f3c9b875a8b017512
wareck

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 28, 2016, 05:30:29 AM

Hello
I think it's because lot of people were impacted with las DoS attack.
Their wallet cannot sync and some think Ethereum was dead and sell all their coin...
Every time one cryptocurrencie stuck people can still connect sell coin...

Last week, SIA coin do same think, 2 days without sync, when you can open your wallet coin change fall down...

I uploaded a bootstrap file for ethereum :https://mega.nz/#F!UxMElYZR!D1AEMLiuCLTHFK51vDt2wA

olivier
Pages: « 1 ... 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 [575] 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 ... 1310 »
  Print  

Jump to: