Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:01:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Let's make more companies to accept bitcoin payment.  (Read 3846 times)
Kenshin (OP)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 03:41:38 AM

Let's make more companies to accept bitcoin payment.

I have send email to some companies in the UK to ask them to add Bitpay as a payment option.

Let's start an Operation Bitcoin. All of us send emails to companies to ask them to accept bitcoin.  Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:21:35 AM

I have send email to some companies in the UK to ask them to add Bitpay as a payment option.

Let's start an Operation Bitcoin. All of us send emails to companies to ask them to accept bitcoin.  Smiley

I do the same anytime there a local spot I like eating/shopping at.  It's getting easier and easier to convince merchants to try out accepting bitcoin. Now that it's been all over the news the last year and large merchant are already starting to accept it it' turned into a snowball effect.  The reception I get from merchant when I talk about bitcoin now compared to just a year or two ago i really amazing, quite a few place are interested and willing to contact coinbase or bitpay on getting set up to accept bitcoin.

2013 was a breakthrough year for bitcoin. 2014 should be a breakthrough year for merchant adoption imo.

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 04:44:31 AM

I do the same anytime there a local spot I like eating/shopping at.  It's getting easier and easier to convince merchants to try out accepting bitcoin. Now that it's been all over the news the last year and large merchant are already starting to accept it it' turned into a snowball effect.  The reception I get from merchant when I talk about bitcoin now compared to just a year or two ago i really amazing, quite a few place are interested and willing to contact coinbase or bitpay on getting set up to accept bitcoin.

2013 was a breakthrough year for bitcoin. 2014 should be a breakthrough year for merchant adoption imo.

So the way to do it, is to tell them to implement Coinbase or Bitpay? I have asked Amazon UK, and the sister company of Tiger DIrect in the UK and many smaller businesses, which I like to buy stuff from them.
keithers
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1001

This is the land of wolves now & you're not a wolf

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:22:32 AM

Lol, you could just email the support at each merchant and say that you were going to buy whatever the most expensive item they have, but you only have bitcoins to spend, so you are going to have to buy it somewhere else that accepts bitcoin. Haha
BTCisthefuture

Activity: 364

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 05:24:42 AM

So the way to do it, is to tell them to implement Coinbase or Bitpay? I have asked Amazon UK, and the sister company of Tiger DIrect in the UK and many smaller businesses, which I like to buy stuff from them.

I suppose your "sales pitch" is up to you, but personally I like to point out payment providers such as coinbase or bitpay since a common response I've received from local business owners is "why would I accept something that's so volatile". After explaining that a payment processor remove any risk of volatility and you still receive funds in the dollar amount that the product was sold for regardles of the value of bitcoin their fears tend to fade away.

Personally I like to focus on local/small businesses. Often times they are small enough businesses that micotransactions and accepting credit cards is a bit of a headache for them on the already small profit margins they earn. Also I like to believe large corporations already have enough tech savy people in their company that the topic of bitcoin is something they are already aware of and or looking into.  That' just my personal view though.

Best of luck to you. When you talk to a merchant and they agree to accept bitcoin or at the very least look into it,  it's a very rewarding feeling Smiley

Hourly bitcoin faucet with a gambling twist !  http://freebitco.in/?r=106463
Johnny Bitcoinseed

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

Johnny Bitcoinseed

View Profile WWW
January 25, 2014, 05:28:29 PM

for sales pitches use examples of great successes such as TigerDirect.com.  Proven examples go far in convincing business heads that accepting Bitcoin will boost the bottom line substantially.

"Greed" is good - it is the great motivator.

Sincerely I am, Johnny BitcoinSeed .com
Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 25, 2014, 11:59:05 PM

for sales pitches use examples of great successes such as TigerDirect.com.  Proven examples go far in convincing business heads that accepting Bitcoin will boost the bottom line substantially.

"Greed" is good - it is the great motivator.

This is so true.

Lol, you could just email the support at each merchant and say that you were going to buy whatever the most expensive item they have, but you only have bitcoins to spend, so you are going to have to buy it somewhere else that accepts bitcoin. Haha

That is what I am doing.   Cheesy
CtrlAltBernanke420

Activity: 350

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:25:29 AM

No lets not.....

Kenshin (OP)

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:38:25 AM

No lets not.....

Let's not what?
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 04:46:30 AM

I would say that the quality of requests to the larger merchants is not as important as the volume of requests.

Of course, if it is to a small company then the quality is important, as it may involve explaining a few details and answering queries. But quality when approaching a larger organisation would only be significant if you were pitching to a key decision maker.

Great idea though. If anything what people can do is continue to educate others on Bitcoin. Penetrate the market (general public) with information, establish the foundations, and the moment they hear it in the media they will have an iota of knowledge going into the article/feature.

Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:39:29 AM

I would say that the quality of requests to the larger merchants is not as important as the volume of requests.

Of course, if it is to a small company then the quality is important, as it may involve explaining a few details and answering queries. But quality when approaching a larger organisation would only be significant if you were pitching to a key decision maker.

Great idea though. If anything what people can do is continue to educate others on Bitcoin. Penetrate the market (general public) with information, establish the foundations, and the moment they hear it in the media they will have an iota of knowledge going into the article/feature.

Yeah I agree with this. Of they can be educated first, the have the idea backed up by the media etc. it can be really powerful at influencing.

Might ask 1pizza1 to take bitcoin  Grin
bitcerto

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:14:54 AM

Oh snap, my first post!

I'm an entrepreneur and recently discovered BTC. I love it oh so much.

Some of my businesses are unable to accept it, however, one of them is perfect for it. I plan on accepting BTC as payment for content marketing services at ContentKungFu.com. I plan on rolling this out this week and pushing my existing clients to start paying in BTC.

I'm also starting to brainstorm other 'mainstream' business models that could benefit from accepting BTC.

I suppose my point is that it's not only about asking existing companies to accept BTC, but to create companies that do.

It's an exciting time to get involved with BTC and some of the alt coins (LTC and PPC seem promising).
Cryptopher
Legendary

Activity: 1789
Merit: 1008

Keep it dense, yeah?

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 11:47:56 AM

Yeah I agree with this. Of they can be educated first, the have the idea backed up by the media etc. it can be really powerful at influencing.

Might ask 1pizza1 to take bitcoin  Grin

Haha do it. Are they available on takeaway.com? They accept BTC lol.

QuestionAuthority
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1393

You lead and I'll watch you walk away.

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 12:04:48 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2018, 01:36:44 PM by QuestionAuthority

Why don't we stop putting the cart before the horse.

Let's get some more effective and easy ways for people to buy Bitcoins first. Possibly provide a real reason to convert cash to purchase something with Bitcoin instead of just using the cash to purchase it directly. Unless, of course, you're simply looking to give miners more shopping options and really don't care if the greater populace of the world uses Bitcoin.

When is the last time you walked into a business and read a sign that said "we accept cash, credit card and gold coins for payment" so you decided to leave the store and go buy some gold coins to make your purchase?

When you get to the coin dealer you find out that you need a class on using gold coins before you can understand how to use them. Then you need to wait for your computer to download the history of every gold coin transaction that has ever happened. Yeah, that sounds efficient! O_o

bitcerto

Activity: 151

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:26:35 AM

My businesses have clients from all over the world. Handling payments in multiple currencies and dealing with outrageous international transfer fees is expensive. While I don't expect most people to pay with BTC/LTC, I do hope some of my clients will enjoy the ease of being able to do just that.
spyro

Activity: 182

★ BitClave ICO. Join NOW ★

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 11:28:11 AM

Wide adoption by one big company is all it takes. It will happen in time

MakeBelieve

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:16:17 PM

I've contacted local stores to see if they would accept it no response from any of the stores I have contacted yet.

On a mission to make Bitcointalk.org Marketplace a safer place to Buy/Sell/Trade
U1TRA_L0RD

Activity: 126

CAUTION: Angry Man with Attitude.

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:18:10 PM

I've contacted local stores to see if they would accept it no response from any of the stores I have contacted yet.
They probaly thought you were joking.
Sutters Mill

Activity: 976
Merit: 575

Cryptophile at large

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:19:04 PM

My business partner and I have decided to open up our web hosting company to accept Bitcoin, because we love it so much. We're implementing it this week and will be adding ourselves to the CoinMap. We're not the first hosting company to do it, but I believe we might be the first in the UK Smiley
RebelWorm

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 02:27:32 PM

They probaly thought you were joking.
The most common response I get is "What is Bitcoin?". We should start a campaign to tell more people how bitcoin works!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: