Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:10:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
Btcepenbob

Activity: 161
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:00:55 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

If we talk this strategy in the present  market then it could be a highly profitable strategy. Some alts does have a higher  price right now while btc price is low.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
yanimkurniawan

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:06:11 AM

to buy bitcoin is a good decision for us. but our opinion to buy bitcoin means we sell our altcoins, because for us altcoin is also a good investment we get profit every time and our investment in bitcoin we get in the long run.
Ranillo79

Activity: 240
Merit: 17

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 01:14:20 AM

No, i prefer to hold altcoins than btc. In just situation that i dont have enough funds to hold 1 btc. If I hold less than 1 btc i cant get double of my investment . So i prefer that strategy if you have the power to buy in such amount. But if you are like me that only have small funds for investment so go in an alt not in btc

△ M!R△CLE TELE   ▌  BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY  ▐   JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
sarmrakib

Activity: 1292
Merit: 101

Vave.com

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:32:42 AM

Actually Its so tough to make a decision right now on this downtrend position. But I always keep my coin on hold to sell it on my price. If anyone have cash on hand I will prefer him to buy Btc. Don't wanna tell to sell altocoin and buy btc. Both are valuable to me. So keep hold,  the market will move soon.

barabarian1

Activity: 938
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

In my opinion. we better keep altcoin because altcoin prices have decreased due to declining bitcoin prices. if we are going to buy bitcoin better use fresh money without selling altcoin.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Coinsher

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:28:21 AM

I don't agree with this strategy because as of now, the price of bitcoins is not in the stable. So it's better to hold your altcoins first while the market is not in a good situation. But when it recovers, then sell your altcoins but not all. Just a small amount of it.

Website            ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇ VELOX ◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ ANN Thread
Whitepaper     The Future of Anonymous Trading      ◆ Twitter       
Discord             ◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆       ◆ Telegram   
Kurokyy

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

LETS GO ADAB

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 07:32:13 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

There are people who have different opinions about the growth of cryptocurrency but for me i prefer on holding my bitcoins because the growth is so much better than any other altcoins.

zakariajaki

Activity: 364
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:15:45 AM

my opinion as well as my opinion about selling altcoin and buying bitcoin, I think it's everyone's personal rights depending on what coins he has mastered and he analyzes all this time, the advantages of the many altcoin we are given the opportunity to learn everything or one of them, on the emotional closeness of the altcoin user with altcoin itself, all can happen when all goes with a professional, eg seseorsng follow from the bounty project until he becomes one dev one of altcoin here he will feel closer when all the professional but also vice versa, hopefully useful and successful for all of us
seopro1001

Activity: 104

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 01:20:42 PM

As my opinion, I wil not approve the strategy that selling alts and buying Bitcoin. I think it is risky. I will keep some potential coins and sell other coin to buy bitcoin. Ofcourse, I have to studying and finding information to ensure that I don't lose all my money.
jaaeeeyyyy

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:09:36 PM

Not every altcoins does not have the potential to grow and if you are going to sell your coins today then you will just obviously lose profit because the market prices are dumping, holding and investing will be the best choice you can make today.
Yeah absolutely, many ICO don't continue what they started instead they are pushing and creating another ICO making us just a freak investors. Many altcoins do not have their 80% ICO price after getting listed on some exchanges. Now is a great time to buy bitcoin because of the price dump that is happening now, $6000/BTC would be a great investment.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:22:36 PM

Now bitcoin is gradually losing its popularity and therefore I see no reason to sell my altcoyins and buy bitcoin. The hope for a large increase in the price of bitcoin may not be justified. People are now panicking because of the last drop of bitcoins in price, and therefore in the future they will show greater caution to bitcoin. Therefore, it is better to have your own funds not only in bitcoin, but also in other coins and tokens. I do not need to sell bitcoin, however I would invest more in ethereum than in bitcoin.
bettercrypto

Activity: 1330
Merit: 268

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 02:26:59 PM

It is good also to invest in both of them. Invest in bitcoin and invest in altcoin, if you sell all of your investments and turn on them in bitcoin, you don't have assurance that your bitcoins will grow up. In fact, there is a tendency that you may fall down whenever there is a crash. Make your portfolio and invest in the right altcoin in addition to bitcoins you have.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 02:42:06 PM

It depends of what altcoins your holding as many altcoins can give you good profits with cheaper price. For me, bitcoin is a good investment but due to expensive price it's not affordable to my level and I will just look for a good quality altcoins that can give me profits. Indeed, in the end you just need to be profitable whatever coins your holding. Know the risk level in every coins.
roomboy85

Activity: 151

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:40:31 PM

I think It depends on the alt coins you want to purchase but for me bitcoins will be the best investment because it has a huge potential that gives a high profit in the end. Its not bad to buy some alt coins if you know how to play it in the market. Bitcoin price fall on very dip, but it doesnt mean its no more possibilty to rise again, bitcoin is the popular coin in crypto world and more people continue to invest on it and the price will be going up again. Just wait for that time and hold it.
raybut37

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 04:06:16 PM

The strategy is good if the market is strong but today i must suggest that this should be applied because the market is still very weak and both alts and bitcoin are dropping.
Roboabhishek

Activity: 882
Merit: 528

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:26:44 PM
Last edit: June 30, 2018, 08:35:06 AM by Roboabhishek

I never buy alt coins for long-term nor for storing and holding.
These coins are almost dead and never increase rapidly while the bitcoin has more potential and secure.

Altcoins are good only if they have a good potential like Litecoin, ETH etc but out of other cryptos, 90% are shitcoins.
Shame_Game

Activity: 185

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:31:02 PM

It seems to me that now it is the only working strategy) but still it is too early to buy bitcoin. Logically, he still fall and fall to $ 5,000 per coin. That is my opinion.
Geeta1207

Activity: 32

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 08:40:23 PM

Not fully. Yes, Bitcoin is a great potential coin and you should hold onto it but do not sell the alts in your portfolio for bitcoin as they can lead to more profits and that too in a short period of time.
Like, Ethereum is currently with a market capital of $43 billion. Hence, the coin has seen a dip of 30% in the last month itself and the coin can cross the $1500 mark easily by the end of 2018 which will yield you with good amount of returns.
ngano ba

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 09:09:53 PM

If that is your strategy in growing your investment then its good , we try that technique of selling alts and buying bitcoin in trading if goes well then we do it again and again, but one thing we have to watch is still to monitor the coin market , and gather infornation for the price value of its token and altcoins before you sell them and also with buying bitcoin
Btcmaeng18

Activity: 156

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 10:01:52 PM

Well this is also a good idea and it makes a good profit, but there are investor not agree with this strategy. Maybe because they had own also a strategy with it comes to investment in crypto.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: