Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
websoftwareengineer

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

Blockchain with VTOS energy

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 04:39:16 PM

Right now I have 100% of the amount in altcoin, but it looks like I'll soon change it to bitcoin, because bitcoin seems to be going up now and has 47.7% of the total market

There are altcoins that has a good potential so i prefer holding it and not just switching immediately to bitcoins so you should hold depending on the coin you have and not just sell immediately.

⚫ ▬▬     V T O S   |   Decentralized CDN & Social Network     ▬▬ ⚫
  Whitepaper    JOIN OUR ICO  >  MAY 28th  <
FACEBOOK               MEDIUM               TWITTER               GITHUB               TELEGRAM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Walionn

Activity: 134

View Profile
August 04, 2018, 05:14:37 PM

Personally, I would not risk having only Bitcoin, I believe, the more coins, the more likely a profit. Usually, I tend to convert my altcoin into Bitcoin, but that does not mean that I'm going to sell all my coins. I would prefer to invest in Bitcoin if it starts to grow very much, and will not sell altcoin to just get Bitcoin.
Ganbound

Activity: 76
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:27:46 AM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
For me alt coins are dead and can ever be used in long term process. its highly possibility that it would vanished from internet too.I had never invest with alt coins.
We cannot give such statement for all the coins. Ethereum is also an altcoin, there are so many other altcoins who have good potential and even currently they are trading too much good. They are more active currencies and will even remain active in future.
katerinaliisa

Activity: 378

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 10:37:50 AM

This strategy is very real and effective, given the rapid growth of bitcoin. However, I do not do that. My portfolio is distributed: 50% in bitcoin and 50% in altcoins.

AIDUS.IO ▲▼ Global Decentralized Funding Platform
• ● PRE-SALE START: 11 DEC 2018 ● • (https://aidus.io/)
Sakira72

Activity: 93
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:35:33 PM

I am doing this strategy if ever a bounty campaign already sends me my tokens or my coins then I sell it and buy Bitcoin because I am a believer of Bitcoin and it's power to give us more profit if we just believe and trust the never-ending change of market price in Bitcoin but hopefully it will pay off with much more profit for us Bitcoin investors. Lips sealed Lips sealed
SHAWN-MIDWAYS

Activity: 686
Merit: 521

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 01:46:36 PM

This strategy is very real and effective, given the rapid growth of bitcoin. However, I do not do that. My portfolio is distributed: 50% in bitcoin and 50% in altcoins.

Why would I buy altcoin when I know there another coin which has more ability with good feature.

For me, alt coins are nothing they can't give us profit even if they give the profit would less and not affordable.
galkinado

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:23:38 PM

You should not try to copy someone else strategy. Do your own research and make decisions based on own risk appetite.
gaidarpop

Activity: 25

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 02:46:09 PM

I am not  in support of this strategy. I like bitcoin more than any other coin as all coin prices depend on it.
robbietobby

Activity: 294
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 03:22:11 PM

“The long-term thesis is very much intact... The institutionalization of Bitcoin is absolutely occuring...Every major bank is trying to do something in the space. Either they're going to be offering Bitcoin to their clients, they're working on a custody platform or they're opening up a trading desk.”

--> Somebody help me figure out this one Sad In all my thoughts, it could have been more practical to sell alts and buy BTC? Is it applicable for today's statistical graphs of the economy?
narukami

Activity: 375

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 04:52:29 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
Well for me it is okay to sell all of your altcoin when the value of it is high on the market and after you sell it buying bitcoin is really advisable because the future of bitcoin is very brigjt and we can make sure thst we can able to make profit with btc.

AIGO
Adoption Blockchain
e-Commerce to World

..Find Us!:..

▄███▄
▀███▀

▄███▄    ▄██▄    ▄█████▄
█████    ████▄██████████▄
█████    ████████████████
█████    ███████▀  ███████
█████    █████▀      ██████
█████    █████        █████
▀███▀    ▀███▀        ▀███▀

▄▄▄
                    ▄▄▄██████
              ▄▄▄█████▀▀████▌
        ▄▄▄████████▀ ▄██████
  ▄▄▄██████████▀▀  ▄███████▌
▀███████████▀   ▄██████████
   ▀▀▀███▀    ▄███████████▌
        █▌  ██████████████
        ▐█ ██████████████▌
         █████▀ ▀████████
          ██▀      ▀████▌
                      ▀▀

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
HasiViraj

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:25:36 PM

in the event that we take a gander at when bitcoin costs are creeping upwards I'm certain everybody has done that where they will pitch altcoin and change to purchase bitcoin. what's more, perhaps it could happen again at now if bitcoin costs rise again I figure everybody will do likewise. what's more, this is simply a question of time where everybody will sit tight for the perfect time when the bitcoin cost again increments essentially.
Vektrum

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 05:41:21 PM

Even though bitcoin has recently been growing in its capitalization, I do not think that you need to completely switch your attention to it and consider the altcoins unpromising for investment. The market of crypto currency is constantly changing, and bitcoin is still not in the best shape in terms of its functionality. In addition, given that it is furthermore mainly used as a speculative means of accumulating value, I do not think that this side of its use has a good prospect for bitcoin as for the crypto currency.
These global shortcomings do not exist among the altcoyins.
Dr.Osh
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1004

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
August 08, 2018, 06:01:05 PM

Well for me it is okay to sell all of your altcoin when the value of it is high on the market and after you sell it buying bitcoin is really advisable because the future of bitcoin is very brigjt and we can make sure thst we can able to make profit with btc.
well, I don't know for now, even altcoin also has a declining price. well, maybe now it's better to save it in fiat form, but if you believe in the potential of bitcoin, I think storing it in the form of bitcoin is also pretty good, moreover the price of bitcoins is currently down.

.SUGAR.
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
sieemma

Activity: 980
Merit: 253

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 10:32:31 PM

The timing is the only matter here. In some instances, only btc hodling is quiet less risky because the altcoins really drain when they are to decrease in price as compared to bitcoin.
tinystone26

Activity: 434
Merit: 10

Unleash the Power of the World's Crypto Data

View Profile
August 09, 2018, 11:37:35 PM

It depends on the Altcoin that you are holding in your wallet for me it is better to sell your Altcoins if it can't grow your investments to it and buy some bitcoin for sure it will give you more profit when it started to increase the value in the market. And if you have a most popular currency don't sell it better to wait for the increase of the value.

▶ ▶ T O K E N D A T A   |   UNLEASH THE POWER OF THE WORLD'S CRYPTO DATA   |   T O K E N D A T A ◄ ◄
GET WHITELISTED [ REGISTER NOW ]   ❖   WHITEPAPER   ❖   ANN THREAD   ❖
■  TWITTER  ■  LINKEDIN  ■  TELEGRAM  ■  FACEBOOK  ■  MEDIUM  ■  DISCORD  ■  REDDIT  ■
Sama517

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2018, 11:50:04 PM
Last edit: August 10, 2018, 12:42:37 AM by Sama517

I don't think it is a right idea for you to sell all your alts and buy BTC. Always diversify your investment. It is better like that.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
airdropwwani

Activity: 364
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 12:01:13 AM

Regarding this article said, he/she will keep on some altcoin such as ETH, EOS,etc with BTC.
I agree with this strategy which is making portfolio of mainly BTC and sub set of some of ALT.
Because I also think most of altcoin is concept only, no product, no monetalized.
wpc143

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 01:16:15 AM

This strategy is considerable sinced buying bitcoins as of now is very  convincing because the price are good enough and not so expensive. However, the potentiality of the altcoins to gained more profits in the future is also very possible because there are some crypto coins that are affordable and can give enough profits if we wait for the right time to sell it.
dupee419

Activity: 1344
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:29:06 AM

This strategy is somewhat maybe in the middle for me, perhaps I can call it as 'neutral', I mean that in the good side,  when you sell your alte for BTC, you can actually buy more, since BTC is being utilised and that almost every product in the marketplace heavily accepts BTC rather than altcurrencies, though this strategy is an OK for me.
qumeijia

Activity: 166

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 02:56:24 AM

I personally argue that both cannot be differentiated because I use both two strategy. I am holding some alts and btc. I do a daily trading in alts or shor-term investment and I am also holding btc for my long term investment. I believe that both alt and btc are profitable.

Everyone may chose or approve on of them or even use those two strategy, as long as they can earn and can take advantages is better than doing nothing.   However, we should be care full and always increase our personality or knowledge about crypto otherwise we will lose our profit. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: