Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:20:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you approve this strategy: sell alts buy btc?  (Read 3301 times)
Nnedaddy1
Copper Member

Activity: 294
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:13:40 PM

I do not approve of such ridiculous strategy.
Its not a good idea.
I would prefer to sell btc and buy good altcoins than the other way round.
On the other hand, it depends largely on ones financial strength.
TalkImg was created especially for hosting images on bitcointalk.org: try it next time you want to post an image
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
peter_coin

Activity: 92
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 08:19:02 PM

The idea of trading is to make a profit and now that BTC is having a bull run it has become number on the list of traders so many traders that have alt coins would want to sell them now and pick up BTC so that they would make a profit when BTC attains an ATH. Since this is the case it is advisable to sell alt coins and purchase BTC in view of current market trends.
Amanda Green

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:02:10 PM

This strategy has its logic. Hence, I want to add one more important thing - you should divide your investment between different assets. In such a way you will have higher chances of a success. I have found a trustworthy Token Sale project. It is called Socratus. It is a digital platform for insurance companies. So any insurance company can connect the platform to become the part of Insurance Digital Ecosystem. They are aiming to create a win-win insurance whereby you get instant claim payment,  fair and transparent dealing and friendly prices.  It means that there is no more solo human decisions to pay or not to pay, no more lingering manual claims handling procedures.

Activity: 331
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:23:06 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst

As of now, it is difficult to accommodate holdinngs in Bitcoin due to its system problems and its coin supplies will reach it limits. It depends on your choice to trade with.

▄▄
 ▄▄        ▄▄██▄▄         ▄▄
████████████████████████████
███████████████████▀░░▀█████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░██░█████
█░░▀█████░░████████▄░░▄█████
 ░█░░░░░░░██████████████████
 ░░▄████████░░████████░░░░█
  █████████░██░░░░░░░░░██░█
   █████████░░░████████░░█
    ░░░░░░███████████████
     ████░░█████▀░░▀████
      ████░░░░░░░░██░██
       ██████████▄░░▄█
         ███████████
           ███████
             ███
SECURYPTO|  MONETIZING ANONYMOUS 
   CONTENT DISTRIBUTION   
|JOIN NOW
     AIR DROP!
|
FOLLOW
US ON:

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
     ████▀▀▀▀
     ███
     ███
  ██████████
  ██████████
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
     ███
|
WHITEPAPER
GITHUB
YOUTUBE
REDDIT
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:10:22 PM

yes, of course I agree. as long as I know cryptocurrency, I always use the technique, well, although sometimes eth is also the second choice. I think the potential for a far greater gain in comparison with holding altc longer than bitcoin.

I agree with you, In selling alts you should know that bitcoin is the right thing for you to go with, Bitcoin is a good investments as of now, because of its price is continuing to rise.
bilyboy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

I`ve done that before, but for now in this market condition, I am not selling nothing, because if we compare the prices, they fall so hard. I`m just holding with dissapointment.
t3ChNo

Activity: 714
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:27:07 PM

Really depends on the alts. Some alts need to be HODLed for a long time. I still prefer BTC-USDT pair though.
Sand King

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:34:45 PM

I read this article, but I want to see opinions, would you sell all your alts to have only bitcoin now ? I don't think this is recommended

https://cointelegraph.com/news/buy-bitcoin-sell-your-altcoins-says-pioneering-wall-street-blockchain-analyst
For me it is not a good decision to sell all of your altcoins now, just to buy bitcoin especially when the altcoins you are holding is a good alts like ethereum, neo or waves, i am just advicing you to joined a good bounty so you can able to buy bitcoin even not selling your alts.

Wylie330

Activity: 258
Merit: 101

New Era of Freelancing

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 11:55:59 PM

No. I will buy both. I will keep buying Bitcoin and my favorite altcoins. Fundamentally speaking, Bitcoin and other alts are looking bullish. There are many alts that have potentials. With this market condition, buying them is good because once Bitcoin runs again, alts will run too.

[ PAYPERBLOCK ] NEW ERA OF FREELANCING POWERED BY BLOCKCHAIN 
█  [ ANN ] [ Website ] [ WP ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ] [ Facebook ] [ YouTube ] [ Linkedin ]
Fathurrahman27

Activity: 350
Merit: 7

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 12:46:22 AM

Although Bitcoin is the parent of Cryptocurrency and the price is very high, but when we sell the altcoins I think it has not been able to buy Bitcoin. But if the price of Bitcoin is equivalent to the Altcoins, then I will sell it and buy Bitcoin.

NOIZ
- A decentralized cognitive ad network -  (https://noizchain.com/)
suzanne5223

Activity: 2604
Merit: 650

Want top-notch marketing for your project, Hire me

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2018, 02:58:02 AM

yes, of course I agree. as long as I know cryptocurrency, I always use the technique, well, although sometimes eth is also the second choice. I think the potential for a far greater gain in comparison with holding altc longer than bitcoin.
Bitcoin does have great potentials but I don't agree with the strategy of selling all altcoin and invest into bitcoin cause it against the rules and regulations of experienced cryptocurrency traders. However, ETH is no more the second choice any more.

Lauff

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:59:18 AM

if you sell altcoin that you think there is no potential for a better future sale when the altcoin price is high and buy bitcoin now, and the profit from bitcoin you can invest for altcoin at ico
gussupri

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:08:14 AM

if you sell altcoin that you think there is no potential for a better future sale when the altcoin price is high and buy bitcoin now, and the profit from bitcoin you can invest for altcoin at ico
that is better strategy than we still hold our shitcoin that has no development or update from dev team.holding bitcoin more promising.if bitcoin able to reach $20k again, we will gain huge profit.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 04:45:04 AM

It purely depends on you. I myself collect alt coins then when they mature enough i convert a part of it to Ethereum and Bitcoin. I suggest initially investing on alt coins since they have a huge potential to grow then convert then to Bitcoin. Just make sure that you read the trends of the altcoin before investing.

tempebacem

Activity: 161
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 05:54:23 AM

This is a good choice if the market conditions are stable and good for buying bitcoin. sell all altcoin and buy more bitcoin. Investing or trading bitcoin, you will have a great chance to get more profit in the right time. bitcoin is proven and believed, which is why many believers are really helped, through by doing bitcoin activity .
kumala_abi

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:01:12 AM

This is a good choice if the market conditions are stable and good for buying bitcoin. sell all altcoin and buy more bitcoin. Investing or trading bitcoin, you will have a great chance to get more profit in the right time. bitcoin is proven and believed, which is why many believers are really helped, through by doing bitcoin activity .
and few days ago much altcoin sold in market.maybe investor switch their asset in bitcoin right now.and hope in december they will gain huge profit by holding bitcoin.many expectation in end of this year bitcoin will hit at least $20k.

█████████████████████████████
████▀▀ ▄▄▄ ▀▀████▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀████
███▀ ███████▄ ██ ▄██████▄ ███
███ ████▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████████████
███▄ ███████▀ █▄ ▀██████▀▀███
████▄ ▀▀▀▀▀ ▄████▄ ▀▀▀▀ ▄████
GoMeat.  300+ STORES ALREADY ONBOARD
 THE FIRST PROJECT OF ITS KIND

ONLY 160K TOKENS REMAINING
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
OrangeII

Activity: 2072
Merit: 503

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:14:44 AM

and few days ago much altcoin sold in market.maybe investor switch their asset in bitcoin right now.and hope in december they will gain huge profit by holding bitcoin.many expectation in end of this year bitcoin will hit at least $20k.
in fact, for now, it is good to store bitcoin, because so far it shows only a significant increase in bitcoin. and I think when the price goes up, we can not guarantee altcoin prices go up, but it does not rule out the possibility of making altcoin prices go up.

.SWG.io.

..Pre-Sale is LIVE at $0.15..

..Buy Now..

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
..CONFIRMED..

maryriver

Activity: 20

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:25:27 AM

I do not fully agree but I believe that the investment in your hand should be 70 percent bitcoin as 30 percent altcoin. If you make your whole investment as altcoin or bitcoin, you will miss many opportunities.

That's what I would say too. And considering this is posted back in May, it looks like it could have been a pretty reasonable strategy. I don't know the total value of all alts vs. bitcoin (is there an index somewhere that we can see that?) but I think that overall alts have been losing pretty badly against it lately.

Now that bitcoin is gaining and alts aren't, I'm looking to get into a few alts a bit now. It's better to buy them while they're still low, because once they start moving, they really go fast.
avtonomro

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:28:49 AM

I do not approve that. Some alts can make you gain a lot of money if you select them rightly.
You should trust in some good coins out there and just hold them for a while Wink
jenpot

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:14:10 PM

As i see the price of bitcoin now is started to up again i think its good to sell some alt coins and buy bitcoin, having a popular and strong coins like bitcoin gives us a possibility to gain a good profit, but also there is some alt coins that has a good value. Hopefully before this end of year bitcoin will totally explode and kick to the highest level of price.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: