Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 01:08:40 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Altcoin price depend on BTC or ETH??  (Read 139648 times)
rhana_

Activity: 124
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:16:38 PM

if I think the altcoin price is closely related to supply and demand and is determined by market conditions because if the supply is more than demand the altcoin price will decrease and vice versa if more demand from supply then altcoin price will rise / expensive.
[ProTrader]

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:27:42 PM

Since most of the alt coins are traded with BTC or ETH. SO I think altcoins prie are dependent on the price of this two.
What is your opinion please share.
all altcoins are dependent in Bitcoin because it is the first cryptocurrency that is recognize by financial institution. While token under Ethereum platform are dependent on Ethereum because without Ethereum they will not exist.
TheFirstCreator

Activity: 392
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 01:49:45 PM

Altcoin’s price still depends on BTC I think that it will be no longer so influencing. Because BTC is losing it’s positions
LavernB

Activity: 98

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:37:54 PM

Altcoin’s price still depends on BTC I think that it will be no longer so influencing. Because BTC is losing it’s positions
Losing it's position to whom?
BTC will always be the first crypto coin and, while it has some flaws, it'll stay at the top until this block chain tech becomes obsolete.
Yasman

Activity: 66

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:43:30 PM

BTC will always be the first crypto coin and, while it has some flaws, it'll stay at the top until this block chain tech becomes obsolete.
Bitcoin is kind of losing positions within the hype ranking, not the actual ranking in itself. I think that's what he is trying to state.
Psynthax

Activity: 2324
Merit: 504

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:46:42 PM

Bitcoin is kind of losing positions within the hype ranking, not the actual ranking in itself. I think that's what he is trying to state.
We clearly can feel that the dominance of BTC is decreasing overtime, but the market also gaining its capital to even more various alt coins which make even 30% dominance is a huge thing!. I think that BTC will keep on being #1 position in a cryptocurrency ranking with highest market capitalisation.
Just for another decades bitcoin have the chance to be replaced by something else but for now, I don't think so.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
childish

Activity: 619
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 09:50:12 PM

Since most of the alt coins are traded with BTC or ETH. SO I think altcoins prie are dependent on the price of this two.

In my opinion altcoins are already too dependent in BTC and ETH. We could observe that when BTC and ETH price move down almost all of the alts will massively fall. This could imply that alts are dependent on BTC and ETH.
I do not see any sign of Altcoin dependent on either Bitcoin or Ethereum. because what I see for the price of Altcoin itself depends on its development. so the development of the coin itself affects the future price. therefore use the best possible for Altcoin that we have.

granchio

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:02:26 PM

I think there is a correlation between the price of altcoins and the prices of bitcoin and ethereum. In my opinion, not only bitcoin but also ethereum is being used for buying many other coins and I think this is naturally effect the prices of the altcoins.
alex_andr25

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 10:06:18 PM

I think that altkoins are to a certain extent dependent on ETH and bitcoin, but this dependency dependence generally results in the situation on the market. Of course, many altkoins are purchased for ETH and bitcoin, but they can also be purchased for fiat money.

ruslan4040

Activity: 194
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:11:12 PM

Most of the times it does, but you need to understand that the price is tied to what the people does with those coins, so it will change if the people sell or not; and a lot of people are confused about this.
Victorycoin

Activity: 1134
Merit: 517

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:45:42 PM

Altcoin prices mostly depend on bitcoin. Even if the trading pairs of the coin is in ethereum, the price of ethereum depends on the price of bitcoin which means that the prices of coins depends on the price of bitcoin whether directly or indirectly due to trading pairs. That is why you see that when the price of bitcoin falls, then the prices of all the other altcoins in the market start falling too.
Can't agree more! Obviously Bitcoin is the flagship cryptocurrency and even Ether derives its price from it, so even if the price of an altcoin is quoted in Ether, it indirectly goes to depend on the price of Bitcoin. An exception though can be found with Ripple and I suppose that can be explained by the fact that Ripple is not your regular  cryptocurrency and for purpose like above, it was deliberately made to be centralized against the decentralized nature of crypto currencies.
Nimbusrf

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 10:48:19 PM

I believe that the prices of altcoins completely depend on the price of bitcoin, including ETH depends on bitcoin.
galinskiydmitriy

Activity: 123

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 11:21:30 PM

Yes this is true. Today altcoins are moving behind bitcoin as it is the first crypto currency. Rather in the future, something will change, but so far this is so.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1596
Merit: 357

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2018, 11:36:06 PM

I agree because mostly pairings comes with Bitcoin and Ethereum. Bitcoin and Ethereum are trusted coins that  almost used by cryptocurrency trading exchanges and investors. These giant coins has great community to support and of course adoption that is why Altcoins that are now on the market are dependent to these coins. They are also accepted in most countries all over the world unlike any other coins on the market.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
hihitao43

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:11:47 PM

For short periods of time, young crypto-currencies, the connection with the bitcoin rate is high. As the popularity of altcoyin increases, communication weakens.
Danglen1010

Activity: 230
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:21:54 PM

Nope, alternative coins price does not depend on the company of bitcoin and ethereum because those company that I said is not related to each other because they are different but yeah their re competitors.
pthnmj

Activity: 683
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:16:57 PM

I think so. Most altcoin pairs are versus bitcoin, and besides that, most of them are purely speculative, so most traders use altcoins to maximize their bitcoins reserve.
I think the only reason we trade altcoins is to get more bitcoins because we can't convert directly to USD.
a_t_e_e_b

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:58:14 PM

Yes it is true for many as with the rise and fall of BTC and ETH the prices of other alt coins dependent on them increase and decrease exponentially
nigeInvest

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 09:08:42 PM

Alternative coins are falling if the price of bitcoin goes down. In addition, if the bitcoin price goes up sharply, then the price of altcoins also falls.

YinShuiSiYuan

Activity: 1680
Merit: 505

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 03:47:30 PM

Most of Altcoin's price depends on Bitcoin. Bitcoin has more fans and popularity.

The price of altcoins is more influenced by bitcoin than ethereum. As the price btc falls, price eth also falls and most altcoins follow them. The prices of altcoins depend too much on the price of bitcoin.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: