Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:21:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Does Altcoin price depend on BTC or ETH??  (Read 139641 times)
chikucrypto

Activity: 420
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 12:22:35 PM

Yes it is true price of altcoins are depends on the price of BTC because BTC is the most valuable coin of the crypto market.The whole crypto market is running under the value of BTC.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptogeek101

Activity: 798
Merit: 250

homt.net

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2019, 12:28:17 PM

Since most of the alt coins are traded with BTC or ETH. SO I think altcoins prie are dependent on the price of this two.
What is your opinion please share.

I think most altcoins prices actually depend on the prices of BTC or ETH because these two sometimes act as base currencies,alcoins have a market demand function that is directly proportional to the demand for BTC or ETH in the crypto market

HOMT

Powered by,
ceetoo224
Copper Member

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:35:01 PM

Since most of the alt coins are traded with BTC or ETH. SO I think altcoins prie are dependent on the price of this two.

Here's what happen, if the altcoin in the public sale uses, bitcoin and ethereum as payment to buy some of these altcoins, then at the future we can say they are going to depend on the price of bitcoin and Ethereum but not directly.
Aryleeto

Activity: 406
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 12:37:14 PM

Now of course increasingly depends on bitcoin than Ethereum , but of course if the coin has a strong news background then of course it will grow and will not greatly affect if something will have bitcoin rise or fall

EASY FEEDBACK, WORKING SINCE 2015  (https://www.easyfeedbacktoken.io/en)
leetcoiner

Activity: 1056
Merit: 251

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 07:48:24 PM

Now of course increasingly depends on bitcoin than Ethereum , but of course if the coin has a strong news background then of course it will grow and will not greatly affect if something will have bitcoin rise or fall
Of course, the entire cryptocurrency market depends mainly on Bitcoin. Ethereum has not yet gained great strength.
magicrypto
Copper Member

Activity: 812
Merit: 6

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:13:18 PM

Altcoin price are strictly depends from btc, eth is altcoin too..BTC dominance is more than 50% that means half off all money on that market is in the btc, so it dictates market rules etc. But there are some coins which do great marketmaking and their courses going right againts the market, like bnb for example.
chikading2016

Activity: 949
Merit: 48

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:53:20 PM

I believe that altcoin really depends on the price of bitcoin and we can see it from the past crypto market chart, if the bitcoin fall all other coin in crypto will get affected and the price will also down an dit happens everytime before so I think bitcoin is really the amazing coin that can make crypto market rise and fall.

playboy654

Activity: 546
Merit: 32

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 09:57:52 PM

know the price of altcoin will not depends on Bitcoin because Bitcoin is also depends upon the People's support so each and every cryptocurrency has its own popularity by the attraction of people who are investing and trusting their cryptocurrency it will decide the value of anything.

cerberus5424

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 11:11:54 PM

The price of all altcoins depends on bitcoin, as It is the leader in capitalization and at the moment this figure is approximately 53 percent.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
nwosuchristabe2
Copper Member

Activity: 686
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 01:45:03 PM

The price of altcoin generally depends on the value of Bitcoin. Owing to the fact that bitcoin holds over 40% of the coin market capitalisation and its the most popular cryptocurrency, every other cryptocurrencies depends on Bitcoin for its value.
mammoniter

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 01:56:46 PM

I think so. Somewhat when the price of bitcoin and ethereum changes, so is the altcoins. Its like bitcoin and ethereum dictates the price. Maybe because most altcoins are based on ethereum blockchain thats why it is affected when the price of ethereum changes. Also most the time they are paired with bitcoin in exhanges so their value changes with bitcoin.

papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 09:28:54 PM

Naturally, if you want to change your tokens for cash, then you must sell them for Ethereum or Bitcoin. And the thing is, the more these two coins are worth, the more you can get cash.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
claus-rich

Activity: 364

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:26:43 PM

I am sure that the price of all alternative coins depends on the price of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin goes down, then alternative coins become cheaper too.

elzjmirra

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:42:39 PM

So far, I have joined the Crypto market that it is true that all Altcoin depends on Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both of these coins appear to be icons on the Crypto market. Bitcoin is the first coin available and currently has a very high selling value. And Ethereum is a smart platform. So it's not surprising that all Altcoin depends on Bitcoin and Ethereum.
shoreno

Activity: 1750
Merit: 118

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 10:44:34 PM

I am sure that the price of all alternative coins depends on the price of Bitcoin. If Bitcoin goes down, then alternative coins become cheaper too.

Alts also depend on eth because eth is also an altcoin  but  eth and other crypto do also follow the path of bitcoin  . some times other coins move on their own  no matter what is the price of eth and  btc because those maybe in manipulation state .

Actually there is a new coin to factor in - Stablecoins, most especially Tether. The price movement of Tether also tells a story. When USDT dumps, money flow out of altcoins and when it rises, money flow in. It has narrow range though, around 98 cents to $1.10 USD/USDT pair.

Not only on altcoin but also in btc . that happen because people sells thier usdt for fiats because they need the cash and when they have extra cash , they buy back crypto's again  . now when crypto pumps , some secure thier profit into usdt  for stability   , thats why usdt pumps .
marksayson

Activity: 420
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2019, 11:11:46 PM

It is not overall that they depend on BTC and ETH, but those coins have a part also for the growth price of the tokens. So if either of these two have increase its value, the tokens also increases.

BankDex.io  / Decentralized Exchange
reynald70

Activity: 598

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 11:17:10 PM

It is not overall that they depend on BTC and ETH, but those coins have a part also for the growth price of the tokens. So if either of these two have increase its value, the tokens also increases.
In my opinion, most Altcoin follows the price of Bitcoin including ETH itself, because when the price of bitcoin decreases automatically Bitcoin holders will sell their Altcoin against Bitcoin, because fear of prices drops sharply, but if the price of bitcoin tends to be stable, it will increase the price of Altcoin when the stable bitcoin market will attract many Investors to trade on Altcoin.
dimastegar

Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 11:38:02 PM

Bitcoin is the number 1 crypto currency with the largest volume and marketcap. Of course all crypto is about Bitcoin. Therefore, it is only natural for Alt to follow the price of Bitcoin.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
fubly

Activity: 561
Merit: 521

Trustless IceColdWallet

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2019, 01:42:13 AM

I think the most prices on exchanges are manipulated! The most exchanges a completely illegal, without any legal license. So my trust is zero!
Also if we all transfer our coins from exchanges to our own wallets the most exchanges will collapse. Many exchanges trade no real coins they use options.

Please think twice if you want to pay taxes from illegal activities! That will the case if you trade on an absolute illegal exchange. How want you to explain the tax authority that
you earned 5 bucks on an illegal marketplace and now you will try to move them washed to your bank account? Think twice before your trade!!!

And last, that this post is not off-topic:
Yes, it depends and if you see some crazy outperformer than the possibility that price manipulation is ongoing. Think that 95% of all trades are made by robots.

fubly

each time you send a transaction don't forget to use a new address, each time you receive one also!
jcarlo

View Profile
February 10, 2019, 02:42:56 AM

So far, I have joined the Crypto market that it is true that all Altcoin depends on Bitcoin and Ethereum. Both of these coins appear to be icons on the Crypto market. Bitcoin is the first coin available and currently has a very high selling value. And Ethereum is a smart platform. So it's not surprising that all Altcoin depends on Bitcoin and Ethereum.

I think its because all cryprocurrency pairs using bitcoin or ethereum as main pairs. As main cryptocurrency in market, bitcoin price affecting others crypto price. If bitcoin price going up, others coin price must be increasing in USD value
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 »
  Print  

Jump to: